• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Dr.Acula

Banned
Johnny Jackson, College and Clinton, 8PM-3:30AM Friday&Saturday (closed during the week). All dishes are 10 bucks (tax incl).

rlnfC.jpg

Unf, looks fucking awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm currently at Summerhill, they just kicked everyone off the train due to "unsanitary conditions"...

Wtf? Has anyone heard of this one before? Why this time? The ttc is usually unsanitary, amirite?

Quick

Banned
I'm currently at Summerhill, they just kicked everyone off the train due to "unsanitary conditions"...

Wtf? Has anyone heard of this one before? Why this time? The ttc is usually unsanitary, amirite?

It has to have been extremely bad. Someone shit in the train?

whitehawk

Banned

I just had a deja vu. I could have sworn you posted this before.

cube444

Right right. The one near the futureshop/best buy area north of donlands station.

You guys should try Mikado near there some day. Not as good as Taro's fish, but damn!

Yep right there. Mikado is on the west side of Laird right? It's very good. Ever try the fish and chips on the same side near there on the corner called "Olde York"?

Man is it ever amazing and I'm not even a fish and chips guy.

jokkir

Probably asked a million times but what's the best burger place in Toronto? I know there's the list in the OP but are they the best? My friend and I are looking to go find the best place in Toronto probably some time next week and the only good burger places I know are Five Guys, Johnny's, and I guess Burger Priest >__>

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Probably asked a million times but what's the best burger place in Toronto? I know there's the list in the OP but are they the best? My friend and I are looking to go find the best place in Toronto probably some time next week and the only good burger places I know are Five Guys, Johnny's, and I guess Burger Priest >__>

East end BQM is pretty good, I definitely prefer it over Priest and they're in the same neighbourhood. I'm not sure it's anything amazing though. Yellow Griffin on the west end is hit, or miss (I guess whoever they have in the kitchen? Can be amazing, or terrible), but they offer a lot of variety with their burgers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yep right there. Mikado is on the west side of Laird right? It's very good. Ever try the fish and chips on the same side near there on the corner called "Olde York"?

Man is it ever amazing and I'm not even a fish and chips guy.

heh, good to have you back 'cube'.

Yeah, Mikado rocks. Every time I go there, I am tempted to try Olde York since there's ALWAYS a goddamn line up for it.

How is it compared to Reliable?

edit: UGH! EM, that place is so freakin terrible. I'd rather go to Five Guys than that place. Aside from being dry, it just tasted....off...

Slime

Banned
Anyone making a TIFF thread this year?

Didn't end up getting a package this year so I had to scramble for single tickets this morning, but luckily got everything I wanted. First up for me is the premiere of Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing next Saturday. Excited!

Kunohara

Anyone making a TIFF thread this year?

Didn't end up getting a package this year so I had to scramble for single tickets this morning, but luckily got everything I wanted. First up for me is the premiere of Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing next Saturday. Excited!

My mom is a volunteer captain this year, so she got alot of tickets this year. I'm seeing Cloud Atlas next weekend with the wife. Can't wait.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
heh, good to have you back 'cube'.

Yeah, Mikado rocks. Every time I go there, I am tempted to try Olde York since there's ALWAYS a goddamn line up for it.

How is it compared to Reliable?

edit: UGH! EM, that place is so freakin terrible. I'd rather go to Five Guys than that place. Aside from being dry, it just tasted....off...

We rarely go, but I've been there a dozen times and never had a bad experience. Their place at Queen and Spadina has always let be down though. Maybe they're trying to become more like that. ;_;

Stet

Banned
The Queen and Spadina location used to SUCK, but six months to a year back they fired their cook and hired someone else. It's pretty good now, but their main issue is that the burgers fall apart.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The Queen and Spadina location used to SUCK, but six months to a year back they fired their cook and hired someone else. It's pretty good now, but their main issue is that the burgers fall apart.

Will have to try again one of these days. What about the Ossington location? I've never been.

Willectro

Banned
Very random question, but does anyone know a quick way to get down to the don valley (recreation trail) from roughly Broadview station? Is it accessible from the east side?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Very random question, but does anyone know a quick way to get down to the don valley (recreation trail) from roughly Broadview station? Is it accessible from the east side?
Umm... it's been a while, but you can get down there via Riverdale park pretty easily. I don't know if there's an access point near Danforth though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We rarely go, but I've been there a dozen times and never had a bad experience. Their place at Queen and Spadina has always let be down though. Maybe they're trying to become more like that. ;_;

may go again just to see how much bad taste you have. I've only been there twice. SEVERELY disappointed both times.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ended up going to Glory Hole Doughnuts today. 'gourmet doughnuts' if you will. Overall a pretty so-so experience. Coffee was surprisingly good and the dough in the doughnuts was amazing, but I wasn't wow'ed by any of the toppings.. and the maple doughnut was probably my favourite. It might all be okay if the doughnuts didn't cost $4-8 bucks each.

jbzAp5JMWR3a6I.png

Those BART seats would get dirty and ruined really fast. The TTC already replaces/repairs something like 20,000 seats a year.

You may be on to something there. All the lines of the entire BART system have approximately half the average ridership of just our Yonge-University Line so it would have much less wear and tear on it. I don't actually mind the seats anyways. The TTC has much worse problems (mostly we need more transit of any type everywhere)

Toronto weird collage of the day:

tGLmf.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Those BART seats would get dirty and ruined really fast. The TTC already replaces/repairs something like 20,000 seats a year.

Indeed, and they retain a musty smell. Not that TTC seats on the streetcars, or subways are void of stains, or smells either though. I wonder how often they replace the fabric sections of the seats?

What's the opinion on these older model subway car seats? They always seemed pretty comfortable to me. But of course they probably tear and crack easily.

118562264_48ac0675fa.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Indeed, and they retain a musty smell. Not that TTC seats on the streetcars, or subways are void of stains, or smells either though. I wonder how often they replace the fabric sections of the seats?
I could've sworn they mentioned it in the Karen Stintz/TTC episode of Undercover Boss Canada but I'm too lazy to look it up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's nearly impossible to destroy the TTC seats.

Also, homeless people. If the seats are too comfy, they'll ride back and forth all day. (Or so i heard.)

Maybe it would be more of a problem, but plenty already setup camp in the back of the streetcars.. or in the wide open space near the backdoors. One common guy on the 501 route usually comes on with a dozen full grocery bags of cans / bottles and sits down right on the floor, taking up all walking space.

thabiz

Sun is shining, the weather is sweet
Make you want to move your dancing feet

beautiful day today. Good day for a corona, or six :)

Top Bottom