• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

thabiz

If the PC`s don`t win in KW tomorrow there will be calls for Hudak to resign as leader

And Doug Ford won`t run, he doesn`t look like he has the care or time to be the face of Toronto

Doesnt matter who's in the seat, PC's will take that in the next election, if not sooner. McGuinty royally screwed up by pissing off the largest voting union in the country. Who in turn, will get support from other unions.

Maybe not Ford, but it will be someone else that the conservative elite prop up. Plus they have the "liberals kicked out Robby boy" angle.

Doesnt matter who's in the seat, PC's will take that in the next election, if not sooner. McGuinty royally screwed up by pissing of the largest voting union in the country. Who in turn, will get support from other unions.

Maybe not Ford, but it will be someone else that the conservative elite prop up. Plus they have the "liberals kicked out Robby boy" angle.

Don't mess with liberals will be our new slogan

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
OK nervous sweaty generic Asian guy has passed G test. Now I can be the stereotypical bad Asian driver.

Mouth is freaking dry...still shaking a bit, but it's done. 17 points...guy could've failed since I was 70 in 60 zone, but his biggest company was I wasn't checking blind spots....

I was....

-_-

thabiz

Don't mess with liberals will be our new slogan

Liberals barely get by. He got caught, simple as that. And it was a private citizen that caught him. Nobody wants to rock the boat. Too much to lose.

The little stuff sure. Ferris wheels, subways (which was more provincial anyway), etc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
OK nervous sweaty generic Asian guy has passed G test. Now I can be the stereotypical bad Asian driver.

Mouth is freaking dry...still shaking a bit, but it's done. 17 points...guy could've failed since I was 70 in 60 zone, but his biggest company was I wasn't checking blind spots....

I was....

-_-

Ah man wish I was here earlier. Would have told you to exaggerate checking your blind spots. They always watch really hard on the G test for that.

But congrats, I look forward to you running me over in Markham. :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I was....

-_-

Congrats! Celebrate by driving past some open streetcar doors.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ah man wish I was here earlier. Would have told you to exaggerate checking your blind spots. They always watch really hard on the G test for that.

But congrats, I look forward to you running me over in Markham. :p
I thought I did... :(

Hell one time I was taking several looks, which should be a no no.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Ford is his own worst enemy, he is so prideful and stubborn. Any other politician would be found guilty with no malice at worst, and retain office. Ford is the only guy on council who might actually managed to get himself tossed.

Anyone on GAF could have faced the same situation and probably have talked their way out of it.

thabiz

Ford is his own worst enemy, he is so prideful and stubborn. Any other politician would be found guilty with no malice at worst, and retain office. Ford is the only guy on council who might actually managed to get himself tossed.

Anyone on GAF could have faced the same situation and probably have talked their way out of it.

Man's a buffoon. He is the worst public speaker i have heard from someone in his line of work. He's belligerent, spiteful, and hates anyone that doesnt like FOOOOOTBALLLLLLL!

He's your typical homophobic, loudmouthed jackass that thinks he can just bully his way through life.

thabiz

I was....

-_-

Congrats. Now the real test begins.

Kunohara

I was....

-_-

Even though you might have done everything perfectly, they will still tell you that you did something wrong. I think all of the testers do that. I remember checking my blind spot and making it so obvious, but the guy still told me I wasn't doing it.

Enjoy the freedom for now. When driving becomes something that needs to be done instead of for pleasure, you're gonna regret getting it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
He's your typical homophobic, loudmouthed jackass that thinks he can just bully his way through life.
I read a story a couple of weeks ago about his grandfather and how Rob takes after him quite a bit. It was about how he was sent to a home for unruly children after his mother died even though he still had his father and other family members. He was sent to Canada by that home a bit later and later lied on his military application and marriage certificate saying he was born in Canada even though he was born in England. His whole family is fucked up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even though you might have done everything perfectly, they will still tell you that you did something wrong. I think all of the testers do that. I remember checking my blind spot and making it so obvious, but the guy still told me I wasn't doing it.

Enjoy the freedom for now. When driving becomes something that needs to be done instead of for pleasure, you're gonna regret getting it.

Casual driving / road trips are awesome. I will always enjoy that sort of driving. But driving in, or around any major city is a nightmare. No chance I will ever own a car again.

Divvy

Just got an email for the dress rehearsal of the Zelda concert. 125 dollars -_- for a dress rehearsal.

thabiz

I read a story a couple of weeks ago about his grandfather and how Rob takes after him quite a bit. It was about how he was sent to a home for unruly children after his mother died even though he still had his father and other family members. He was sent to Canada by that home a bit later and later lied on his military application and marriage certificate saying he was born in Canada even though he was born in England. His whole family is fucked up.

your honor, i present:

Exhibit B

915c6c8c416b9ac50d7770113241.jpg

Fuzzy

Ford's lawyer on his feet. "What does this have to do with anything. We're not holding a public inquiry."

Here's the Ruby quote: “My argument is going to be that this man has lied…That’s my case, so I’m showing that in a number of areas, this being one of them…"

"... he just will not yield to criticism from the (integrity commissioner)

Judge, in response to Lenczner objection, says he thinks Ruby is casting doubt on mayor's alternative defence that, if he broke the law, it was inadvertent or an error of judgment. He lets Ruby continue but advises him not to let it drag on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ignorance of the law should not grant you immunity from it, particularly someone in the position of the mayor. And then to suggest the council correct you? Was ford not on city council before mayor?

Fuzzy

I'd like to see Ford make the argument that councilors vote on motions that directly affect themselves every time they vote on whether or not they receive a pay raise and that's never considered a case of conflict of interest. It's easy to draw a parallel between those votes and the one he made in February.

What amazes me, but doesn't actually amaze me, is that no matter how badly Ford is proven wrong, he'll never admit to being wrong. Ever. He'll just say "I'm a busy man" or "no one told me" or some bullshit like that.

It's a shame the Conservative base is too riled up for the Judge to make a proper decision. Bunch of Sun readers holding the city hostage.

thabiz

What amazes me, but doesn't actually amaze me, is that no matter how badly Ford is proven wrong, he'll never admit to being wrong. Ever. He'll just say "I'm a busy man" or "no one told me" or some bullshit like that.

It's a shame the Conservative base is too riled up for the Judge to make a proper decision. Bunch of Sun readers holding the city hostage.

HOLD ON!!!!!

they have a good sports section.

I've been reading over this live blog. The amount of times Ford says "I don't know" or "I don't remember" is really fucking disturbing. He's the Mayor of the 4th largest city in North America and he has some serious memory problems.

If he can't remember tens of thousands of dollars he personally, and I guess casually, spent on his foundation, how well is he keeping track of what he's doing as Mayor?

Oppo

I've been reading over this live blog. The amount of times Ford says "I don't know" or "I don't remember" is really fucking disturbing. He's the Mayor of the 4th largest city in North America and he has some serious memory problems.

If he can't remember tens of thousands of dollars he personally, and I guess casually, spent on his foundation, how well is he keeping track of what he's doing as Mayor?

it's a legal strategy. it does make him look like a moron. but I get what they are doing. if you say "I don't remember" and there's no quote or recording, they can't really pin you down.

I was dinged for:

Driving Too Slow (75 in an 80 zone on yonge street)
Parallel park wheel angle was wrong for downhill

So yeah, don't worry about it.

Protip: wear a hat when doing driving test, it's a more obvious tell when you check mirrors.

it's a legal strategy. it does make him look like a moron. but I get what they are doing. if you say "I don't remember" and there's no quote or recording, they can't really pin you down.

Still, it's pretty hilarious.

One lowly TTC employee can make a simple mistake, and Ford Nation will be foaming at the mouth for everyone involved with the organization to be fired. Ford can make a complete jackass out of himself, and by extension the city, on a weekly basis, and they say "He's just a human. Leave him alone!"

Divvy

Anyone think Rob Ford will lose his job over the whole conflict of interest situation?

Well we've been over this, but it is going to be extremely unlikely. There would be so much political fallout from this that the judge must be experiencing tremendous pressure from various sides. Maybe only if he is truly unshakeable, will we see our way.

Anyone think Rob Ford will lose his job over the whole conflict of interest situation?

Well, he's basically admitted under oath that he's completely incompetent, and by all rights he should be kicked out... but it won't happen because the shitstorm would be immense.

He's got a strange political immunity.

daemonic

Banned
Well, he's basically admitted under oath that he's completely incompetent, and by all rights he should be kicked out... but it won't happen because the shitstorm would be immense.

He's got a strange political immunity.

Clearly someone in a higher position wants Ford to stay as ignorant as possible because it works to their advantage. Would make a good movie.

Maybe Ford's removal will spark de-amalgamation.

Bwohoho.. neither happening.. especially not the later. We're in too deep now.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with the project manager for the amalgamation effort. I don't have a lot of nice things to'say about her.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with the project manager for the amalgamation effort. I don't have a lot of nice things to'say about her.

Amalgamation was a nice idea in concept, but it hasn't worked out as well as it was supposed to.

But it's too late to go back, now.

zeitgeist

I hate to derail but does anyone have recommendations for PC stores in Toronto?
I need a new laptop battery and Futureshop and Bestbuy don't have them in stock.

Divvy

I hate to derail but does anyone have recommendations for PC stores in Toronto?
I need a new laptop battery and Futureshop and Bestbuy don't have them in stock.

NCIX/Canada Computers/Tiger Direct.

Check their sites for availability and prices.

note: NCIX pricematches

Top Bottom