• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Hey Toronto-GAF. I'm in Hamilton for a wedding, visiting up from North Carolina...anything neat to do here? So far my friends and I have just been getting drunk and going to restaurants around the hotel. We went to downtown Hamilton yesterday and bought some weed from a guy in gore park, lol. Our schedule today is pretty full with wedding rehearsals and dinner and such, but tomorrow is pretty open.

I'm also spending 3 days in Toronto proper next week, with plans to attend some of the TIFF, although I haven't gotten any tickets yet. Any must-see/do things i should see/do?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hey Toronto-GAF. I'm in Hamilton for a wedding, visiting up from North Carolina...anything neat to do here? So far my friends and I have just been getting drunk and going to restaurants around the hotel. We went to downtown Hamilton yesterday and bought some weed from a guy in gore park, lol. Our schedule today is pretty full with wedding rehearsals and dinner and such, but tomorrow is pretty open.

I'm also spending 3 days in Toronto proper next week, with plans to attend some of the TIFF, although I haven't gotten any tickets yet. Any must-see/do things i should see/do?

Don't know about exciting stuff in Hamilton, but if you're going to go to any restaurant there, go to August 8. It's right downtown and it's a fantastic all you can eat sushi/dim sum place.

Quick

Banned
Not to burst your bubble, as I'm sure there are other ways to get TIFF tickets, but officially, I'm pretty sure they're sold out.

Dyno

aaSMD.png

Thank you Fuzzy! He even cries like me!

I think I'll bring my 3DS to the Canada soccer game tonight to try to get some streetpasses. It will answer the age-old question: "do any nerds like sports" ?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What an amazing list of accomplishments.

• He privatized garbage collection.

As long as we're listing things he has accomplished that may, or may not be good for the city..

• Ripped up bicycle lanes on Jarvis and declared the 'War on Cars' over with the personal vehicle tax cancellation.
  • Successfully petitioned for the TTC to be made an essential service.
  • Cancelled those badly needed Jane / Don Mills / Waterfront LRT lines.
  • Delayed the Eglinton LRT years demanding that it be underground east of DVP for no reason.
  • Terroized parents, children, disabled, and homeless by threatening for months to take away their day care, zoos, libaries, access to help and shelters.
  • Disregarded those coming to speak at City Hill (on the topic of budget cuts and transit) as the silent minority, claiming they should be working during the day instead of being there, and running the hearings for over a day straight.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Goddamn. Flight cancelled cuz of the rain. Stranded in buffalo. Goddamn I hate this city and it hates me.

We already have that answer.

The answer is "yes". :D

So I ended up getting two street passes at the soccer match. I wonder if one of them was the guy wearing the shirt that said "Neogaf is sexy"
It was awesome at the game. Canada won and people were going crazy. So fun.

Toronto photo of the day (now attempting to post on weekends if I'm around):

Ormwm.jpg

source

cube444

heh, good to have you back 'cube'.

Yeah, Mikado rocks. Every time I go there, I am tempted to try Olde York since there's ALWAYS a goddamn line up for it.

How is it compared to Reliable?

edit: UGH! EM, that place is so freakin terrible. I'd rather go to Five Guys than that place. Aside from being dry, it just tasted....off...

You won't be disappointed. Love the food (halibut...mmmm), service and ambience in there. It feels like you're somewhere on the east coast of Canada eating in a pub.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You won't be disappointed. Love the food (halibut...mmmm), service and ambience in there. It feels like you're somewhere on the east coast of Canada eating in a pub.
Doh! Should've gone yesterday then.... :(

Oh well, I'll go stretch some boxes there some day....

Anth0ny

Groupon today. I saw some of you were interested. Don't know if this makes it any more attractive.

jUytugYXJcJLF.png

here

Bah, I wish they gave a little more notice on this. Can't get out of work at this point.

But I'll be at the concert itself. Will Toronto GAF be there?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally decided on a vacation and bought tix already. Going to Dominican Republic In mid Oct. what should I do/bring/watch out for?

dantehemi

im looking to get a condo for myself, finally time to leave home and go out on my own. i live in woodbridge, and i was looking at the new condos that will be built on hwy 7 and weston road. these seem perfect for me, close to family and friends and the location in my opinion is great.

im a little nervous about condos though, not sure how they will be valued in the next 5-10 years, and this project (centro square woodbridge) will be complete in 2015.

going rate on the units start at aprox, $500 a square foot, and i would be looking at atleast 700 sq foot unit. still beats townhouse prices around my area by about $100k but you get so much more with a house (probably more than i need as a single guy)

any opinions would be greatly apreciated, any advice or negative feedback would be great, has anyone heard about this project? or have any projections as to how the condo market will be? they seem to be really building a lot of condos in the woodbridge area now, i can see the area being completely different very soon.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Hieberrr

I read in the paper the other day that the condo market is slowing down, so prices may decrease In the next 6 months or so. Obviously I'm not very well versed in regards to this market, but I'm just sharing what I read. Hopefully that helps a bit. I mean, if that were true, waiting a bit won't hurt. Condos will continue to go up and older ones (that investors poured money into years ago) may be more affordable in the next 6 months (or even a year).

Personally, I'd spend/save a bit more money for a detached house, unless you really want a condo.

Hieberrr

So I finally decided on a vacation and bought tix already. Going to Dominican Republic In mid Oct. what should I do/bring/watch out for?
Flip flops and sunglasses. Oh and sunscreen! I went to the beach without sunscreen once in Cuba and came back to my room all red. What's worse is that when I came back home, I started peeling a lot... I had spots damn it! LMAO

dantehemi

I read in the paper the other day that the condo market is slowing down, so prices may decrease In the next 6 months or so. Obviously I'm not very well versed in regards to this market, but I'm just sharing what I read. Hopefully that helps a bit. I mean, if that were true, waiting a bit won't hurt. Condos will continue to go up and older ones (that investors poured money into years ago) may be more affordable in the next 6 months (or even a year).

Personally, I'd spend/save a bit more money for a detached house, unless you really want a condo.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read the same article. That's why I'm kinda nervous, would love a house but I would never be able to afford one in my area by myself, my friend just bought a townhouse in Woodbridge for a hair under $500k. It's fucking nuts how over priced woodbridge is... It's just stupid... I m sure there are other areas just as bad. You bring up a good point about prices dropping in the next 6 months to even a year from now...

Mr. F

Banned
Yeah I'm pretty sure I read the same article. That's why I'm kinda nervous, would love a house but I would never be able to afford one in my area by myself, my friend just bought a townhouse in Woodbridge for a hair under $500k. It's fucking nuts how over priced woodbridge is... It's just stupid... I m sure there are other areas just as bad. You bring up a good point about prices dropping in the next 6 months to even a year from now...

I keep seeing in the news that the 'condo bubble is about to burst' or whatever. Sensationalist headlines aside, waiting couldn't hurt.

Ford throws his annual private-security-enforced "BBQ" and the 905ers are ready to vote for him again.

The person that posted this seems to be banned now but I've heard this mistake made many times now and have to correct it. 905ers don't vote in the Toronto municipal elections. They live outside of city limits and only vote for the mayor in their own city (Mississauga, Markham, Pickering etc..)

Toronto photo of the day:

TymNX.jpg

source

Roto13

The person that posted this seems to be banned now but I've heard this mistake made many times now and have to correct it. 905ers don't vote in the Toronto municipal elections. They live outside of city limits and only vote for the mayor in their own city (Mississauga, Markham, Pickering etc..)

Toronto photo of the day:

TymNX.jpg

source

This is going in my wallpaper slideshow.

EDIT: Or maybe not, the biggest size is still too small. Oh well. :p

Top Bottom