• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Duffs
Crown and Dragon
All Star
Puck N Wings

Best in (and around) the city, wild wing and st louis don't even come close
I know, that's why I mentioned Bistro on Avenue and the original St. Louis before they franchised it out. Bistro is still great though.

Quadratic

Still waiting for more curry places to open up. But that's probably unreasonable. lol

You can find Japanese Curry on a lot of Japanese restaurant menus with tonkatsu. The only specialty resto that served only curry I've come across was near Yonge and Bloor at Roy Square. It's long gone now because of the condo going up. I don't think it's a dish people in this city are dying for.

TTC delays were killer this morning. Had to walk from St. George to Yonge due to two delays. Then there was a delay northbound at Yonge.

On top of that my Bond set didn't ship from Future Shop. Shitty morning is shitty.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can find Japanese Curry on a lot of Japanese restaurant menus with tonkatsu. The only specialty resto that served only curry I've come across was near Yonge and Bloor at Roy Square. It's long gone now because of the condo going up. I don't think it's a dish people in this city are dying for.

My parents owned the Chinese restaurant there actually. I'm trying to think of the curry place but I can't remember it though, but it's been a while. lol

And yeah, I can imagine it not being that much in demand anyway.

Stet

Banned
TTC delays were killer this morning. Had to walk from St. George to Yonge due to two delays. Then there was a delay northbound at Yonge.

On top of that my Bond set didn't ship from Future Shop. Shitty morning is shitty.

I ordered a liquor cabinet from Howard Miller 3 weeks ago and it finally cleared brokerage in Michigan on Friday. It unloaded in New Brunswick yesterday.

I don't know.

Dyno

Well, that area. :p

And jeez, what about the building across the street that got burned out, did they do anything with that yet?

This is shaping up to be yet another decade long project in the heart of downtown. Just like the Yonge and Bloor condo that doesn't exist yet.

Nothing yet. It's fenced with gravel and the lot is being used as a management office for the construction across the street.

Half of HMV is becoming a Five Guys Burgers on the ground floor and a Silver Snail Comics on the second floor. Not too shabby!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, so is Silver Snail abandoning Queen St as well? I wonder what the guys at Hairy T think about a "big box" comic book store opening across the street.

Anyhoo, it looks like the TTC is asking for a 5 cent fare increase next year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing yet. It's fenced with gravel and the lot is being used as a management office for the construction across the street.

Half of HMV is becoming a Five Guys Burgers on the ground floor and a Silver Snail Comics on the second floor. Not too shabby!

Nice!

Quick

Banned
Saw a video update on the construction of the new Silver Snail location, and it's also having a cafe inside. Unless "cafe area" can mean something else.

Saw a video update on the construction of the new Silver Snail location, and it's also having a cafe inside. Unless "cafe area" can mean something else.

Sci Fi World had a cafe, they had pretty good hot dogs

You could play warhammer and get food, was awesome

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've got a Steam key for the bonus games in the latest Humble Bundle that I'd rather give to someone in this thread. Quote this post and I'll PM you the code. If nobody here wants it after a few days then I'll try the Canadian gaming deals thread then the free to a good home thread.

The following games are together in one key.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Jamestown
Wizorb
Gratuitous Space Battles

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a Steam key for the bonus games in the latest Humble Bundle that I'd rather give to someone in this thread. Quote this post and I'll PM you the code. If nobody here wants it after a few days then I'll try the Canadian gaming deals thread then the free to a good home thread.

The following games are together in one key.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Jamestown
Skyrim
Gratuitous Space Battles

Skyrim

Just kidding! I don't want it, but thanks for the offer, you scary generic white guy!

Did HMV close? I haven't been downtown in ages.

I walked past yonge/bloor today after a job interview (which i didn't get) and noticed the hole in the ground is starting to get pretty deep. It's the first progress I've noticed in months.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I walked past yonge/bloor today after a job interview (which i didn't get) and noticed the hole in the ground is starting to get pretty deep. It's the first progress I've noticed in months.
I recall having an interview in the area for a proof reading/copy editing job. The receptionist was...drop. dead. gorgeous! Sucks about the job. Try some temp agencies?

Biscuits

New streetcar 4400 has (unofficially) arrived in Toronto!

CGq34.jpg

http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer/2012/09/25/new-ttc-streetcars-lampton-yard-in-the-the-junction-tonight/

Hmm, not really liking the final livery...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
New streetcar 4400 has (unofficially) arrived in Toronto!

http://i.imgur.com/CGq34.jpg

http://breakingprojects.com/junction...ction-tonight/

Hmm, not really liking the final livery...
Huh... is it longer than a normal street car? Those black sections make it look like there are a few cars attached together.

Who else is going to Video Games Live in October? (the 26th)
I've seen it three times, if you could the Bluray concert. lol
I hope they added something new to the playlist. Last time it was a surprise hearing the Shadow of the Colossus theme, but most of the western video game music stuff was just... boring.

I'm sure they'll have to do a Pandaria/WoW segment yet again this year... and the Halo suite once again. lol

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I hope they used some decent paint so that white streak won't be yellow within a week like on the buses.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Are those the ones where you face the other passengers when seated?

Yep. There are a few post in the thread with photos on the inside. I'll be interested to see if anything has changed since the prototypes. Seating facing each other is not that terrible. I manage to sit in the back of the streetcar facing people without dying. Haha.

zroid

Banned
Apparently they've added Pokemon music to VGL which actually makes me want to go again (I've also been three times already). But one VG concert per year is about as much as my wallet can handle, I think :(

EO6So.jpg

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Lol I think the best part about this is how they actually manage to draw the borders between the three territories, but still neglect to separate AB/SK

Top Bottom