• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

whitehawk

Banned
I've seen it three times, if you could the Bluray concert. lol
I hope they added something new to the playlist. Last time it was a surprise hearing the Shadow of the Colossus theme, but most of the western video game music stuff was just... boring.

I'm sure they'll have to do a Pandaria/WoW segment yet again this year... and the Halo suite once again. lol
Yeah this is true. I went the first year in 2006, and again last year. A lot of the same stuff was played, and the show's layout was more or less the same. Makes sense since a lot of people are still going for the first time, and they still want to hear Halo, Mario etc. I'm going again this year because a friend wants to, and I'm also going to cos-play as nathan drake.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah this is true. I went the first year in 2006, and again last year. A lot of the same stuff was played, and the show's layout was more or less the same. Makes sense since a lot of people are still going for the first time, and they still want to hear Halo, Mario etc. I'm going again this year because a friend wants to, and I'm also going to cos-play as nathan drake.
A Halo suite and One Winged Angel are probably guaranteed. lol

I wonder if they're still doing that Guitar Hero contest segment...

So it's just like the GO train then. I don't see why people are so afraid to sit beside strangers.

I'm not afraid of it. I was just asking if that was the same streetcar design

also:

UcURv.jpg

source

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
“What people don’t realize is that 90 per cent of our maintenance workers go through those jobs.”

So we got janitors driving our buses. Now it makes sense! :O

My bus driver drives like he's a janitor and the janitors clean like they're bus drivers. Everything is coming together.

Hieberrr

Can someone explain to me how the WindTab works?

Do I just get the phone and play off the phone by using their service? Or do I have to put money down for the phone?

Azih

What the fuck is this bullshit

That's a pretty good ping lol.

Most phones on WindTab are 0 dollars down (the more expensive ones have an upfront cost). For the remaining balance basically you pay what you pay monthly and they knock 10% of that off what you owe them. So if you have a remaining balance of 200 bucks then on the 40 dollar plan, you won't pay anything extra but after a month only 196 bucks will be left on the balance.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can someone explain to me how the WindTab works?

Do I just get the phone and play off the phone by using their service? Or do I have to put money down for the phone?

Windtab reduces the cost of your phone by a certain amount 200-500 dollars depending on the phone. Then you have to be with Wind for three years where each month, 10% of you bill pays off the tab. After three years the tab is wiped clean. You may still have to pay whatever isn't covered upfront depending on the phone. For instance the galaxy SIII still requires you to pay 300 dollars.

whitehawk

Banned
Windtab reduces the cost of your phone by a certain amount 200-500 dollars depending on the phone. Then you have to be with Wind for three years where each month, 10% of you bill pays off the tab. After three years the tab is wiped clean. You may still have to pay whatever isn't covered upfront depending on the phone. For instance the galaxy SIII still requires you to pay 300 dollars.
So if I leave Wind after 2 years, would I just have to pay for 1 years worth of the tab?

Divvy

So if I leave Wind after 2 years, would I just have to pay for 1 years worth of the tab?

No you pay for the remaining costs on the tab. 10% over three years is not going to cover the whole tab, the point is that after three years, that tab is wiped clean. You have to stay three years on it to get the benefits of it. I think the other good thing is that you can still get a new phone during that time and not have to pay fees since the tab will still be going and paying off the old phone. You can't however have more than one windtab per line.

Hieberrr

So for example,it says that the Galaxy Nexus is $300 on the WindTab with a $29 plan. This means that I pay $300 up front and after 3 years, the tab is wiped clean? Huh... I like that.

EDIT: Galaxy Nexus is pretty solid, right?

Divvy

So for example,it says that the Galaxy Nexus is $300 on the WindTab with a $29 plan. This means that I pay $300 up front and after 3 years, the tab is wiped clean? Huh... I like that.

Yup. Though I don't know what to think of it really. It's a bit a better than contract, but it's still kind of a contract...

Hieberrr

Yup. I don't know what to think of it really. It's a bit a better than contract, but it's still kind of a contract...

Yeah, but I guess it's nice to pay $29 for unlimited everything (assuming you're in an area that works).

Any opinions on the GNexus?

Divvy

Yeah, but I guess it's nice to pay $29 for unlimited everything (assuming you're in an area that works).

Any opinions on the GNexus?

Love it, it's a fantastic all around great phone. The camera is the only thing that sucks, but everything else is stellar. Though if you're not in a rush, you should wait a month. There's rumors of a new nexus line in October maybe and a refresh of the galaxy nexus with better internals and camera. Not much to lose to wait.

Hieberrr

Love it, it's a fantastic all around great phone. The camera is the only thing that sucks, but everything else is stellar. Though if you're not in a rush, you should wait a month. There's rumors of a new nexus line in October maybe and a refresh of the galaxy nexus with better internals and camera. Not much to lose to wait.

Hm, that sounds pretty good (since I'm coming from a Galaxy S). I barely use the camera so it's not too important to me. I'm mainly trying to catch the $29 plan, which ends in 2 days. Plus I really want the cheapest Android phone that can handle MIUI :lol

Thanks, Divvy!

Divvy

Hm, that sounds pretty good (since I'm coming from a Galaxy S). I barely use the camera so it's not too important to me. I'm mainly trying to catch the $29 plan, which ends in 2 days. Plus I really want the cheapest Android phone that can handle MIUI :lol

Thanks, Divvy!

Oh then yeah the GNexus is a pretty good option.

whitehawk

Banned

Thanks, Divvy!
Oh shit, didn't see that deal. I might have to go with Wind asap.

Don't pay 300 dollars for the GNexus on the tab......find another place to buy it outright, should be around 300-350 dollars for a brand new one

Too bad you missed when Mobilicity was selling it for 300 dollars, then you just switch to Wind right after

Hieberrr

Don't pay 300 dollars for the GNexus on the tab......find another place to buy it outright, should be around 300-350 dollars for a brand new one

Too bad you missed when Mobilicity was selling it for 300 dollars, then you just switch to Wind right after

Where? All these people on Kijiji and Craigslist are selling it for 350-400.

Check RFD and HowardForum.com, they can direct you to the cheapest place to buy it outright

I paid 425 for a brand new one back in March to some guy on kijiji, my Wind plan isn't valid for the Tab at all :(

Divvy

Is it worth it to buy it outright? I'm essentially paying 50 bucks more after tax.

Up to you. I personally hate contracts and that extra 50 dollars is worth not having to be stuck with the same phone or service for three years.

If you decide to leave Wind you will be on the hook for up to 200 dollars, I'd factor that into your decision

The Nexus is factory unlocked and pentaband so it can be used on almost every network/carrier in the world

Hieberrr

If you decide to leave Wind you will be on the hook for up to 200 dollars, I'd factor that into your decision

The Nexus is factory unlocked and pentaband so it can be used on almost every network/carrier in the world

Hm.. I guess that's true.

Would I be able to price match at Best Buy? EDIT: Nope.

jokkir

You think I should go for the $40 Wind plan so I can get a new One S? I already have a Nexus S and am happy with it. So confused if I should ask this in here or the Android thread lol

Divvy

You think I should go for the $40 Wind plan so I can get a new One S? I already have a Nexus S and am happy with it. So confused if I should ask this in here or the Android thread lol

I think there are new phones coming soon in the next two months so maybe hang on until then?

Sober

Yeah, maybe wait for the next line of Nexus phones and see if you want to grab a new one or old ones if they decide to drop the prices on them. Thankfully almost all the Nexus line always get updates. Pretty sure my GNex got upgraded to JellyBean last week or so.

Camera is serviceable. Went on vacation and took some photos with it. Aren't the best but I'm guessing most cell phone cameras aren't compared to actual cameras. Looks fine on the screen. You might want to scale things down that you took with your GNex when you're going to upload them so they look sharper, if that is something that bugs you.

Still trying Mobilicity, seems okay when I am actually in Toronto. Markham where I live is still a bit spotty. Indoors of course sucks the big one most of the time but the options in their 25$ BTS were too good to pass up, like NA texting vs WIND's Canada texting only.

Top Bottom