• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Sober

Yeah, just pony up for the phone since it's going to be unlocked for any carrier here and not have to be tied down.

Quick

Banned
In the teens in weekend. SUCK IT YA DAMN SNOW LOVERS!

ib1xniNRPUBS79.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Try Five Guys yet, Kuro? Greasy enough to make Rob Ford's heart explode. But still pretty good. Best burger in 'the core' now I guess.

I should go to try that one. Maybe it's wildly different from the one in Mississauga which was just "good".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I should go to try that one. Maybe it's wildly different from the one in Mississauga which was just "good".

The burgers and fried we had were pretty good. Standard two patty burgers priced about the same as the rest of the hip burger places now (expensive) and we got an absurd amount of fries. Free refills on drinks too. Of course downside besides the price is having a fifteen minutes, or more wait during any sort of lunch hour and eating at the place regularly will take years off your life.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The burgers and fried we had were pretty good. Standard two patty burgers priced about the same as the rest of the hip burger places now (expensive) and we got an absurd amount of fries. Of course downside besides the price is having a fifteen minutes, or more wait during any sort of lunch hour and eating at the place regularly will take years off your life.

Yeah the fries I had last time were excellent. I'll definitely hit that up the next time I feel like a starch bomb.

Sober

Just got one of the new plastic 20 dollar bills. They are pretty cool. Guess they got put into circulation a couple days ago.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Try Five Guys yet, Kuro? Greasy enough to make Rob Ford's heart explode. But still pretty good. Best burger in 'the core' now I guess.

I posted that shit like pages ago! :O

Use your Google-Fu, fatty!

Closest to me is the Laird location. Though the Dundas Square one is close too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just got one of the new plastic 20 dollar bills. They are pretty cool. Guess they got put into circulation a couple days ago.
I don't put bills in my wallet and just use a money fold and hated the $50 when I got one because I had to crease it in order for it to stay folded. I'm not really looking forward to getting the new $20 bills or the new $5/10 bills next year. I guess I could start using a clip again if it really bothers me.

Oh yeah, I had frost on my rear window this morning when I left for work at 6:15am.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't put bills in my wallet and just use a money fold and hated the $50 when I got one because I had to crease it in order for it to stay folded. I'm not really looking forward to getting the new $20 bills or the new $5/10 bills next year. I guess I could start using a clip again if it really bothers me.

Oh yeah, I had frost on my rear window this morning when I left for work at 6:15am.

No...no there wasn't...

Hmmmmm, where should I go to eat with my girlfriend before Skyfall at Scotiabank tomorrow, she said no burgers, wings or pizza and no jack astors lol

Quick

Banned
Hmmmmm, where should I go to eat with my girlfriend before Skyfall at Scotiabank tomorrow, she said no burgers, wings or pizza and no jack astors lol

I read that totally wrong. God damn lol.

So, you've practically eliminated a chunk of white people food.

I read that totally wrong. God damn lol.

So, you've practically eliminated a chunk of white people food.

Bahaha, I knew that would happen

I'm thinking maybe Il Fornello, depends what time she can meet up with me tomorrow

And yes I realize how silly it is to ask for restaurant suggestions in the entertainment district, there are too many choices!

Quick

Banned
I've never eaten at Il Fornello, but I hear good things.

And yes, there's a million choices in the area alone. At least you've narrowed it down, somewhat.

Omzz

Has anyone tried Burger Factory in Mississauga? Lot of people have said good things about it but never have gotten the chance to go

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I thought hosu had a fire???

Damn dem girls and their hatin on white food!

There is indian and chinese...? I would just go for shawarma

Rinoa

Been so cold these days, got one of these bad boys for bed

696_64008_P.jpg

http://www.sears.ca/product/sunbeam...k-heated-blanket/696-000267815-BW1330-030-783

Then got further 20% off with coupon 941612240 lol

I thought hosu had a fire???

Damn dem girls and their hatin on white food!

There is indian and chinese...? I would just go for shawarma

If she's on a budget or something do kenzo noodle + chatime. 1 two punch.

Most Il Fornello locations are awful/touristy though.

Dyno

I've been there four times since it opened, trying the various burgers and toppings to see which one represents all of me, as a complete person.

The burgers have been getting better. Maybe it's more skill from staff or the equipment is kicking in. Last time it was bacon cheeseburger with jalapeno peppers and nothing else. It was AMAZING! It had lots of great burger, bacon, and cheese flavour. It wasn't drippy or messy, and the jalepenos gave a fresh veggie taste and a shot of heat.

That's my burger from now on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been there four times since it opened, trying the various burgers and toppings to see which one represents all of me, as a complete person.

The burgers have been getting better. Maybe it's more skill from staff or the equipment is kicking in. Last time it was bacon cheeseburger with jalapeno peppers and nothing else. It was AMAZING! It had lots of great burger, bacon, and cheese flavour. It wasn't drippy or messy, and the jalepenos gave a fresh veggie taste and a shot of heat.

That's my burger from now on.
See, EM!? SEE!

Bit of a long shot but I figured I'd ask here. Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area interested in buying Square One/Yorkdale/Scarborough Town Centre mall gift cards? I got them for my birthday but have nothing to buy at the moment. One $100 card and one $150 card, looking for $90 and $140 respectively

Most Il Fornello locations are awful/touristy though.

Once upon a time, they had really decent Italian food in the mid-range prices.

Since they started changing their menu, it's started to taste like frozen/stock prepared stuff with some fresh ingredients mixed in to try to cover it up. Last time I was there, it was only because it was the only thing my dining companions could think of that would have gluten free options (plural).

Dear current and prospective guests of the Four Seasons hotel in Yorkville: your privacy curtains afford you no privacy from the office building and condo towers on the other corners of the street.

Canadian White people food = Butter chicken poutine

Stop it, you're making this white girl hungry.

Also, butter chicken was my Indian gateway food. Now I'll eat (just about) anything.

Roto13

^^ Ha ha, yes, me too. I was like "Indian food? I guuueesssss, but I'm super picky about everything." Now I'm crazy for it.
Canadian White people food = Butter chicken poutine

Butter chicken poutine is so weird. The tastes just don't mix at all. And I don't mean they don't mix well. It just tastes like you're eating two separate things at the same time. Like trail mix or something.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After seeing a tweet from Jay Onrait I now know I'm not crazy so I'll ask y'all:

Was it just me and Jay Onrait or did Toronto smell like poop?

Top Bottom