• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Quick question, me and the lady are looking to hit up Cuba early next year - where should I look for tickets (there are 90 million sites that promise they have the best prices) and ideally, when should I buy the tickets by?

I'm as guilty of being the occasional leadfoot as anyone else on this board, but I've got a bit of a different take.

If you're going 115, 120, or -whee- 140 in a 100 zone you're going above the posted limit, and that, by definition, is speeding. If you get caught, you were speeding. Whatever your reason or excuse, you were speeding.

So it's not a question of who's going too slow or who's rightfully driving in the leftmost lane. It's a question of are you going to compromise your own safety for the sake of some dude who is speeding more than you are, and wants to continue to do so unimpeded.

I figure it's better to move over when it is safe to do so than to seize the moment to pretend you're the civilian speed police. Shake your fist at the guy if it makes you feel better, but doing it from the relative safety of your own vehicle is generally a better choice than after you've been ejected as a result of a rear-end initiated spinout that landed you sideways under an eighteen-wheeler.

Hieberrr

Is there anything black-tie happening on Dec 31 downtown-ish? The girlfriend wants to do something formal, and I think this would be an awesome opportunity to do it. Does anybody know about any relatively affordable events (galas and the like; no clubs)?

Quick question, me and the lady are looking to hit up Cuba early next year - where should I look for tickets (there are 90 million sites that promise they have the best prices) and ideally, when should I buy the tickets by?

I bought my tickets on redtag for arguably the most busy time of the year for I think 700 a person (all-inclusive), iirc. I'd look online (expedia, retgaf, etc...) before going to an agency. It also depends on where you guys want to go; I went to Varadero and it was mostly older families and couples (but very fun and relaxing nontheless as we visited downtown Varadero and Havana on our time).

jokkir

I want to give out a public thanks to scogoth for giving me the MONKEY MAJIk x YOSHIDA BROTHERS show tickets for this Sunday! Can't thank you enough.

Sober

Hope the meetup is in November. December sucks for working in retail, won't let me take days off :(

Speaking of working in retail, they started playing Christmas music at work. Have to listen to inferior covers of good pop Christmas music. UGHHHHHH.

Just wanted to say I finally got around to trying Big Moe's at kennedy and steeles. I got the juicy lucy, which is a two patty burger with a wad of cheddar cheese in the middle that just oozes out when you bite into it. It was amazing. It was so good, I ate the entire burger in approximately one minute without even realizing it. (it's a fair sized burger and I normally don't eat that fast.)

I also got an 8 inch funnel cake with ice cream for afterwards and devoured that too. Absolutely amazing. Just make sure you get the juicy lucy.

sammich

Car driving Gaf, i need to change my front brakes/rotors in my car. Any places you guys trust?(Etobicoke area or anywhere close to there really). Car is an 08 Acura TL. Im weary of CT as they will always find something else with the car and im not taking it to the dealer for brakes. I do have to take it to the dealer for something else(Recall) though.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Hope the meetup is in November. December sucks for working in retail, won't let me take days off :(

Speaking of working in retail, they started playing Christmas music at work. Have to listen to inferior covers of good pop Christmas music. UGHHHHHH.

I only did that one year, but I feel your pain. Worked at Future Shop for one christmas in the home office department. They even had the computer speaker displays hooked up to christmas music so I couldn't drown out the store wide music. :(

daemonic

Banned
Most likely beaten to death already but looking for a nice inexpensive modern haircut somewhere in the city. Been growing my hair out for a bit and am ready to have it cut and styled. Was thinking of trying out Maya at Bloor Christie or House of Lords. Any suggestions?

Presco

Most likely beaten to death already but looking for a nice inexpensive modern haircut somewhere in the city. Been growing my hair out for a bit and am ready to have it cut and styled. Was thinking of trying out Maya at Bloor Christie or House of Lords. Any suggestions?

Blood & Bandages is a great little place on College just east of Dovercourt.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
LOL. Didn't Miami taxpayers pay for a new stadium recently? Anyways, great news for Jays fans. We're at least aiming for a playoff spot next year.

I wonder how Farrell feels right about now. Bwahaha. Maybe I'll attend my first Jays game since 2010 next year.

Brinbe

LOL. Didn't Miami taxpayers pay for a new stadium recently? Anyways, great news for Jays fans. We're at least aiming for a playoff spot next year.

Lucky for us, Loria is a genuine crook and the worst owner in sports!

We seriously have an excellent-looking team right now.

D'Arnaud
EE
Izturis
Lawrie
Bonifacio/Davis
Rasmus
Beastista

Morrow
Johnson
Beurhle
Romero
Happ

So excited right now, get hyped, Toronto! =)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

D'Arnaud
EE
Izturis
Lawrie
Bonifacio/Davis
Rasmus
Beastista

Morrow
Johnson
Beurhle
Romero
Happ

So you also feel confident that AA will move JPA to Texas?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Car driving Gaf, i need to change my front brakes/rotors in my car. Any places you guys trust?(Etobicoke area or anywhere close to there really). Car is an 08 Acura TL. Im weary of CT as they will always find something else with the car and im not taking it to the dealer for brakes. I do have to take it to the dealer for something else(Recall) though.
No idea about around there but I go to one in Markham because my cousin turned me on to him because he started his apprenticeship with him. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering about mine: www.tlex.ca/
He mostly works on Toyota/Lexus but he repairs all Japanese cars including my Civic.

I wish I knew anything about baseball to know which players in that trade are good! I love baseball too so I should start paying more attention to it.

Mr. F

Banned
Taking a glance at the Men's hair thread, I think it's time for a cut (getting a bit unruly). Any recommendations for good barbers in the city? Haven't yet gotten a haircut here, as I usually get by waiting for school breaks/holidays to come around every few months and getting it done back home.

Hieberrr

Taking a glance at the Men's hair thread, I think it's time for a cut (getting a bit unruly). Any recommendations for good barbers in the city? Haven't yet gotten a haircut here, as I usually get by waiting for school breaks/holidays to come around every few months and getting it done back home.

I personally go to GOA (Korean place right outside of Christie Station). As long as you show them pictures, you're golden.

Terminal on Bay was pretty good when I went a while ago.

whitehawk

Banned
I go to either House of Lords, or The Terminal. I've been going to House of Lords for the past few months though.

Dyno

My vote is for the Terminal barbershop on Bay just north of Dundas. Old school manly man barbershop. $22 for a great cut. If you want a world class shave it's the place to go as well.

kwlwH.jpg

source

Oppo

I've had good luck with tripcentral.com

for hair cutting – Aristotales just south of Queen and Sapdina, full on barber-ass barbershop

HOL is ridiculous, it's schizophrenic; decorated like a run down Hard Rock Cafe but they blast nothing but dance and dubstep all day, it's weird.

Quick

Banned

Nice find, added_time. The dome looks nice lit up at night, but damn the inside still feels like a mausoleum, despite the effort to brighten things up with the Jays' new colour scheme.

glass fell from the trump tower:

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...236123--glass-falls-from-trump-tower-downtown

google searches suggests that this is the 2nd time this year this has happened

Falling glass was a big issue early this year, but in this case, someone actually dropped a pane of glass. Glad no one was hurt.

whitehawk

Banned
Also I recommend going to the Terminal 2. It's just a couple blocks west of Terminal 1. It's bit bigger, and the layout is less awkward.

rinse82

D'Arnaud
EE
Izturis
Lawrie
Bonifacio/Davis
Rasmus
Beastista

Morrow
Johnson
Beurhle
Romero
Happ

That lineup looks great and you didn't even include Reyes!

Brinbe

That lineup looks great and you didn't even include Reyes!
hahaha, wow, can't believe I missed him! He's who I'm most excited about and I'm so hyped to finally have a real lead-off man on-board. We def have some ridiculous speed now with Reyes/Bonifacio/Davis/Gose.

Just need to get rid of Lind/JPA, some excess pitching perhaps, and we're right in there.

Top Bottom