• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Stet said:
SunTV just floated the idea of a PC/NDP coalition. No lols big enough.
rnsUW.jpg

Ha, "all eyes are on Northumberland - Quinte West"

I'm sure they're all hanging out at the Swiss Chalet at exit 464 and watching the numbers come in...

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Stet said:
Oh my God. The Toronto Sun's cover headline tomorrow is "WELCOME TO HELL".

Why is it hell now and not hell for the last 8 years? It doesn't even make sense, if anything it sounds like they're saying moving from a Liberal Majority to Minority is hell.

BigJonsson said:
Sorry about Thornhill :(

I was at the Leafs game so I wasn't able to get another 2000 Liberal votes out

The ultra orthodox jews voted for Shurman who has done shit all for Jews instead of the former head of the Canadian Jewish Congress

=/
I'm also sorry. As powerful as I want to be, I'm just not that powerful enough to count for 2000 votes.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Stet said:
http://i.imgur.com/VYbAL.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

So, are they saying the last 8 years are Hell? It says right there "He's back" - so it's implying having him as a leader is Hell. What has been hell about the last 8 years goddamn it! Someone explain this to me!

Prax

Maybe they just meant opening their pages is like going into the pits of Hell.
As they will be spouting BS throughout. xD

Zzoram

Zombie James said:
WOW. That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen from a newspaper.

Yep, Sun Media shouldn't qualify as a news organization, they're so clearly wholly owned by the Conservatives.

AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm also sorry. As powerful as I want to be, I'm just not that powerful enough to count for 2000 votes.
Maybe not, but if you live in Kenora-Rainy River you count about three times as much as someone in Oak Ridges-Markham.

BladeWorker said:
Maybe not, but if you live in Kenora-Rainy River you count about three times as much as someone in Oak Ridges-Markham.
Let's not get into a FPTP discussion.

I can't help to think the result in Toronto is a direct result of Ford Nation's effects on Toronto in the last year.

Zzoram

did Hudak speak in French during his speech? I don't remember him doing so, yet both the Liberals and NDP at least said a few sentences in French

AlphaTwo00 said:
Let's not get into a FPTP discussion.

I can't help to think the result in Toronto is a direct result of Ford Nation's effects on Toronto in the last year.
Wasn't my intent, I like FPTP. Just a simple statement of numbers of registered electors...

And I can't help but think you're right.

Ford showed that saying you will cut taxes and be able to keep services the same even with a huge deficit is just bullshit and I'm glad Toronto wasn't fooled again

BigJonsson said:
Ford showed that saying you will cut taxes and be able to keep services the same even with a huge deficit is just bullshit and I'm glad Toronto wasn't fooled again
Unfortunately life isn't a Who song. Torontonians may indeed be fooled again.

AlphaTwo00 said:
If anything, he 43% turnout is just sad.
Turnout in Federal elections is usually greater than provincial which is usually greater than municipal.

When municipal turnout exceeds provincial turnout, something's wrong. Really, really wrong.

Azih

BladeWorker said:
Unfortunately life isn't a Who song. Torontonians may indeed be fooled again.
McGuinty has done good things for the city though, if we had a halfway sane mayor then we'd be in the middle of the biggest transit expansion in decades. Hudak had exactly zero ideas for urban parts of the province.

cbox

Hudak didn't have any ideas, he spent his whole campaign bitching about McGuinty.

Hudak's answer was, "I trust the local MP's opinions on Transit"

What a fucking dumbass.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
DreamMachine said:
I think it would be pretty cool to have online voting. Will it ever be a possibility?

I don't think anyone trusts the government to have a system secure enough to prevent fraud.

Zzoram

Divvy said:
I don't think anyone trusts the government to have a system secure enough to prevent fraud.

Not even the government, it's just impossible to secure an online system

I really like the system we have now, you do a scantron card that gets counted and prints a paper receipt for each for you to verify in case of computer error or tampering

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ConvenientBox said:
Hudak didn't have any ideas, he spent his whole campaign bitching about McGuinty.

Hudak's answer was, "I trust the local MP's opinions on Transit"

What a fucking dumbass.

As soon as I heard him say "I'm going to end the war on cars" is his platform for Toronto, I knew it had to be over.

Zzoram said:
Not even the government, it's just impossible to secure an online system

I really like the system we have now, you do a scantron card that gets counted and prints a paper receipt for each for you to verify in case of computer error or tampering

Maybe something like vote online (using a piece of government ID+voter registration card), and then you have to print out and mail in your receipt to show you voted and sign it. I don't know.. obviously it can be like any opinion poll online, but I'm sure they must be able to secure it enough. Government handles plenty of sensitive issues online already, like immigration.

Top Bottom