• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Presco

Well if you're interested, you can pm me too.

Haha, not up for basement living at this point in my life. I need light and a bit of outdoor space. Thanks for the offer though.

And if you're serious about leaving then I'd imagine there won't really be a better time to sell then in the next 6 months to a year. Seems like the price correction has to come sooner or later. We're in a position to buy ourselves but love (and need) the flexibility that renting offers at this point in our lives.

edit: To MLB / Jays Gaf. We got any shot at Darvish or Fielder? Sadly, I know the answer already. Think I might buy season tickets this year.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I would never want to live in a basement apartment again
I've only done so once
, and I would never want to rent out a basement apartment, because both have be gigantic headaches. Even if Kuro was my landlord. :p

Plus, basements and private rentals can say no to pets, where apartment buildings can not legally speaking via the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Act.

A bit off topic, but since I started actually using my 3DS online, anyone from Toronto-Age wanting to add me; 2964-8578-2643

I'm 3609-1192-2134!

My friend code is 2878 9697 8191. I'ma add you both.

As for 3DS friend codes, I've added everyone so far. My FC is 0001-3432-3734

<- 1633-4181-9712

Added all you guys. I miss anyone in this thread?

Mine is 4725-7961-1749.
Added all of you.

Mine: 4596 9625 1154

Also, fuck centipedes indeed. I've been seeing them occasionally in my basement in the corner of my eye. Scares the bajeesus out me. Hopefully I won't see them as much during winter, I neglected cutting the grass during the fall out of laziness so I only have myself to blame.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I would never want to live in a basement apartment again
I've only done so once
, and I would never want to rent out a basement apartment, because both have be gigantic headaches. Even if Kuro was my landlord. :p

Plus, basements and private rentals can say no to pets, where apartment buildings can not legally speaking via the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Act.

I can't tell whether kuro being landlord is a good or bad thing in your quote...

Hmm...I'll take it as bad

FUCK YOU MARIO! LEARN TO PLAY SOMETHING BESIDES THAT SLOW FUCKING FATASS!

I'd post my friend code, but my 3DS is seriously just sitting in a corner collecting dust with its cousin Wii.

I'm sorry guys, there just isn't anything worth playing (yes I have Zelda on 3DS, no it hasn't made the system worth it in my opinion).

Dude, you should get 3D Land and Tetris, they're freakin' awesome. Mario Kart 7 of course is the in thing now, though I'm not as big on it as other people.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stop buying Nintendo 64 remakes Kuro and get a real game(s).
Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land
Is there still snaking and spiked turtle shells? Then fuck no!

Mario I was tempted, but impressions have been NSMB was better. Simply isn't much interesting me.

I wanted Devil Surviour, but can't find it and it'd another remake/update.

fulsome

Where do you live/want to live?

I have a basement for rent, so gimme a pm. Live in Riverdale, 2 rooms, separate entrance own bathroom...ummm...still not surr about stove and fridge situation, bit if you're serious I can check. No pets, cable though. My wifi is available if it goes down that far.

Though I offer, this next part may confuse.

I think I may be done with this city. I simply cannot find a full time decent job with prospects. I'm stuck with contracts. Might be I have to leave and will start job hunting in other cities soon.

What do you do? I assume contracts means IT field? I might be able to help.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What do you do? I assume contracts means IT field? I might be able to help.
Pmed. Not sure you can. I seem snake bitten and nobody seems to be able to help.

I dunno bout the rest of you Torontonians, but this city has been rough!

Have you guys had success in the job market here? Keep hearing people with similar education and perhaps less exp getting jobs in Ott or smaller towns outside GTA. I remember apply to TD and got a call the next day. It was in Windsor or something...but same position in GTA? Not a chance

Ok back to 3DS bashing.

I also jumped the gun and bought it day one. With that price tag, I expected it to make me goddamn waffles!

So, TTC's invisible price jump has started: All subway station parking will now cost a minimum of $2 on weekdays (even after 3PM).

HEY, LET'S PUSH EVERYONE TO THEIR CARS!

Have you guys had success in the job market here? Keep hearing people with similar education and perhaps less exp getting jobs in Ott or smaller towns outside GTA. I remember apply to TD and got a call the next day. It was in Windsor or something...but same position in GTA? Not a chance

Heh, I'm pretty fucked at the moment. I need a new job because my boss is always away on business these days, so I have long stretches with virtually no hours. (My job is essentially tied to him being there.) My boss has been gone for a month now, so I've got no money for bills or Christmas. :/

fulsome

Heh, I'm pretty fucked at the moment. I need a new job because my boss is always away on business these days, so I have long stretches with virtually no hours. (My job is essentially tied to him being there.) My boss has been gone for a month now, so I've got no money for bills or Christmas. :/

I am not sure what you do, but check out http://www.charityvillage.com/.

I don't know why so few people know about this place, but there are quite a few positions available depending on what you do. And, since it is charity based, you get to feel better =)

I'm fubar'd at this point, and pretty much staring at the clock as EI runs out in March... I think at some point, I'm just going to have to bail out on sticking with games.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fubar'd at this point, and pretty much staring at the clock as EI runs out in March... I think at some point, I'm just going to have to bail out on sticking with games.
You apply to 2nd career? Ont will pay you to go to school if you're on EI. It's tougher to get in, but you have to keep insisting even if your counsellor says no. I gave up after dhe daid I had a 90% chance and turns out I was the 10% :p

You name the job site or company, and I've been to it. Charity is nice since it's usually direct hiring managers and not agency or bots scanning for keywords, but I've only gotten interviews and there are more social work jobs there.

Allen, stfu! :mad:

Go to thr Marioland 3D yhread, that's the GAF impression I got.

Til then, fuck snaking and spiked shells

You apply to 2nd career? Ont will pay you to go to school if you're on EI. It's tougher to get in, but you have to keep insisting even if your counsellor says no. I gave up after dhe daid I had a 90% chance and turns out I was the 10% :p
Are you sure about that? I know one person that got laid off at the same time got their EI cut because they went back to school.

Roto13

Go to thr Marioland 3D yhread, that's the GAF impression I got.

Til then, fuck snaking and spiked shells

Did you read like one impression by Exodus or something? Because that thread is full of raving about how amazing Super Mario 3D Land is.

But yeah, fuck spiked shells. I lost interest in Mario Kart when it stopped being a fun multiplayer kart racing game and started being Mario Party on wheels.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure about that? I know one person that got laid off at the same time got their EI cut because they went back to school.
I did it myself. You're not supposed to pay for it yourself though, you're supposed to demonstrate need and futility in the job search, which is not hard to do.

Why would Ont give you money to go to school if you could pay yourself? Give it a try if yoi got nothing else and kee ok records of what you're applying to.

I dunno whise impressions, I read several which stated NSMB was better and even some who said the Wii ver was better.

Firestorm

Is there still snaking and spiked turtle shells? Then fuck no!

Mario I was tempted, but impressions have been NSMB was better. Simply isn't much interesting me.

I wanted Devil Surviour, but can't find it and it'd another remake/update.
Snaking has unfortunately been nerfed pretty badly. Takes time for you to start a power boost so you can't really do it on courses like Rainbow Road. Although the track designs are now pretty good that it isn't needed to spice it up.

Blue shells have been nerfed as well and no longer send you flying into the air for 10 seconds or something ridiculous.

Stet

Banned
I went to a Google-hosted trivia night yesterday at The Duke of York. Those guys really know how to throw a party.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Snaking has unfortunately been nerfed pretty badly. Takes time for you to start a power boost so you can't really do it on courses like Rainbow Road. Although the track designs are now pretty good that it isn't needed to spice it up.

Blue shells have been nerfed as well and no longer send you flying into the air for 10 seconds or something ridiculous.
Fuck snaking and spikes!

Nerf? I say just remove it altogether. I loved the shit out of the SNES MK cause it didn't have stupid shit like that.

Get the DS MK and this one dude was lapping me like it was nothing. It broke the game and made it ALL about who could snake the best and who got that stupid spike.

Course? Cornering? Effective use of items? Get outta here.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There are few courses where it's viable, because the courses are mostly pretty tight and it takes a lot longer than the DS version to boost. And when it's online, and you're being blasted by twenty items a minute, it makes little difference. Ghost on the other hand, I guess it'll help quite a bit. It's much more like the Wii version than DS in style though.

And I think SM3L fits the 3DS perfectly, whereas NSMB Wii was great with co-op. SM3L has very well made, smaller levels and it's a bunch of fun. If you don't want either of these, why do you have a 3DS? ;_;

On the Toronto side of things, where are you going to move if Toronto keeps going down the shitter for you, Kuro? :(

Firestorm

Course? Cornering? Effective use of items? Get outta here.
Those matter when snaking too (if the others are also snaking). I agree that it makes it less interesting if one person can snake and the other can't, which is sort of why I lost interest in MKDS eventually unless played locally. The shitty matchmaking meant I was almost always paired up with non-snakers. As far as effective use of items goes... they haven't required effective use in a while =P

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There are few courses where it's viable, because the courses are mostly pretty tight and it takes a lot longer than the DS version to boost. And when it's online, and you're being blasted by twenty items a minute, it makes little difference. Ghost on the other hand, I guess it'll help quite a bit. It's much more like the Wii version than DS in style though.

And I think SM3L fits the 3DS perfectly, whereas NSMB Wii was great with co-op. SM3L has very well made, smaller levels and it's a bunch of fun. If you don't want either of these, why do you have a 3DS? ;_;

On the Toronto side of things, where are you going to move if Toronto keeps going down the shitter for you, Kuro? :(
I dunno...anyone wanna buy my 3DS?

City-wise I'm not sure. We got a decent city here even if I despise the TTC and Ford, but I simply cannot find anything...or I find jobs that hire you full time and then force a contract on you...

Again, my friends are telling me there simply isn't anything here in the GTA. One has suggested Calgary, I've been thinking of Seoul again, another friend got a job in Ottawa...

I dunno what else to say. Literally hundreds of apps sent out (yes I keep track so I don't apply to same job twice) and it's no interview or another contract job. Hell, I couldn't even get an interview for simply fucking data entry! Last I got some interest they asked me how much I wanted, I told them less than what I'm making now and STILL nothing.

Frustrating as nobody seems to be able to help. And there's nothing else I can think of besides 'move to another city'

firehawk12

Subete no aware
of Seoul again, another friend got a job in Ottawa...

I dunno what else to say. Literally hundreds of apps sent out (yes I keep track so I don't apply to same job twice) and it's no interview or another contract job. Hell, I couldn't even get an interview for simply fucking data entry! Last I got some interest they asked me how much I wanted, I told them less than what I'm making now and STILL nothing.

Was your current job a contract as well?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Was your current job a contract as well?

full time permanent, then that jerk off manager kept shit talking me and then I had a meeting where I was told 'take contract or you'll be fired'

it was more like, "well...if you don't take this contract, then we'll have to fire you..."

and now that I'm here, he'll "do his best to find continued employment for you"

no guarantee of a position after. Likely offer me another shitty contract or just let me go on the spot. I'm not holding my breath and I've lost complete faith in the company.

However, his world is just peachy...sitting in his office doing dick all (I walk by) and sending emails for us to make a certain month's numbers. When you go ask him for something? "what do you want me to do about it?" When you need something done and ask someone "why didn't you consult me"

Honestly...

Azih

Toronto Maple Leafs, Raptors sold to Rogers and BCE

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...ple-leafs-raptors-sold-to-rogers-and-bce?bn=1

Rogers Sports Empire, etc. How do Leaf fans feel about this?

Maybe they will have one sports channel that will show everything for a change.

Doesn't Bell get screwed though? Isn't that unfair competitive practices? I mean Rogers owns Jays, Leafs, and Raptors now. What the hell happens to TFC?

Edit: Ignore me, didn't realise BCE IS Bell.

I dunno the deal give me the willies. I don't like either of these companies.

Maybe they will have one sports channel that will show everything for a change.

Doesn't Bell get screwed though? Isn't that unfair competitive practices? I mean Rogers owns Jays, Leafs, and Raptors now. What the hell happens to TFC?

I guess they own TFC too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Isn't the entire telecom market a huge unfair competitive practice? Companies that own cable and phone services that also provide internet, a service that's killing the older money makers.

Rogers is probably the most likely company to bring in an NFL team if that ever happens too. Gulp. Agreeing with Azih, all these companies blow. :p

Oppo

Yeah it has a funny effect on people, they immediately stare and start trying to decipher various neighbourhoods.... there's lots that I would never have recognised and I've lived here since 96.

Brinbe

Definitely not too pleased with this... stop f'n hating on the teachers, they did a great job in actuality. They spent money on both the Raptors/Leafs/TFC/Marlies and did a great job developing the ACC and surrounding areas. Can surely blame Peddie and others for some of their hiring decisions, but in the end it's not their fault that JFJ as well as Babcock and Colangelo made tons of moronic management decisions.

Anyway, imagine now having to sell roster moves to two separate companies/boards, ugh, what a nightmare.

I just had this poster plaque-mounted and hung it in my home office.... thought some of you would appreciate. :)

http://orkposters.com/toronto.html
that is awesome!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyway, imagine now having to sell roster moves to two separate companies/boards, ugh, what a nightmare.
Decisions will be made by the MLSE board just like before. The only difference will be the addition of members and subtraction of others.

They weren't going to sell to one mega-media company. I'm sure some regulator would have had a fit about giving all of that to just one of them. Plus, there were no other Canadian buyers at that price.

cbox

Isn't the entire telecom market a huge unfair competitive practice? Companies that own cable and phone services that also provide internet, a service that's killing the older money makers.

Rogers is probably the most likely company to bring in an NFL team if that ever happens too. Gulp. Agreeing with Azih, all these companies blow. :p

They'll just keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Don't like it. Never had problem with the team's spending, we were always tops or near in payroll. Though maybe more can be spent on scouting/development?

Simply don't trust Robbers and Hell.

Now we got Robbers AND Hell...

Top Bottom