• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was this.

It was a fantastic show and funny as hell, including memorable moments such as Bourdain making Ripert play Marry/Fuck/Kill regarding Mario Batalli, Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri and pondering how one should cook weed into a souffle.

goddamn I wish I knew of this earlier...

eh, I'd probably choose the game over this anyways.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey TO GAF. Anyone here getting more spam calls recently? All these are coming from numbers in the States and there's nobody on the line. Once you say something it plays a recorded message about being chosen or winning some shit.

I enjoyed my lack of spam calls... :(

Hey TO GAF. Anyone here getting more spam calls recently? All these are coming from numbers in the States and there's nobody on the line. Once you say something it plays a recorded message about being chosen or winning some shit.

I get calls from New York and DC but like any sane person, I don't pick it up :p

I don't have incoming American minutes!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I never pick up those calls. I just add those numbers to my "Spam" contact which has a silent ringtone.

hGFzIzD.jpg

source

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Only spam calls we get are from TD trying to get us to buy their life insurance. And compared to a few years ago (2-3 calls per day) it's much better now (2-3 days per month).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Only spam calls we get are from TD trying to get us to buy their life insurance. And compared to a few years ago (2-3 calls per day) it's much better now (2-3 days per month).
Since they are somewhat legit, if it's a random call I believe you can ask them not to do it. I never get anything from my banks, only when I call them to get shit activated. If your bank is TD too, all the better; 'stop these calls or I'm switching'

I've also only had one telemarketer call me since I used the DNC list. I asked her how she got my number and she said it was 'randomly generated'. I asked her to put me on their DNC list and not to call again. No problem since from them. But from what I've been reading about these US calls, they may be fishing for legit numbers to sell to marketing companies.

Edit: damn perfect day out. Sunny, warm not hot, windy. This is reminds me of summers in crapmonton

Quadratic

About those telemarketing calls. Does anyone think that when you signed up to the no call list something shady happened and that list was sold to telemarketers? I have my tinfoil hat out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
About those telemarketing calls. Does anyone think that when you signed up to the no call list something shady happened and that list was sold to telemarketers? I have my tinfoil hat out.
No but any time you fill out your number on a form (IRL or online) then that by-passes the NC list if they sell your info.

daemonic

Banned

I got one this morning at 8am. Woke me up, didn't check the number and answered only to get some recorded message about a cruise. Ugh

Brinbe

hahaha, thanks, EM! Perfect Jays.gif

Hopefully, this W sparks us onto going on a decent run now, but we know that ain't happening.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
G'damn, homies! The city is absolutely beautiful today. I've never seen so many cyclists and joggers before.

If by beautiful you mean way too damn hot, then I agree.

I'm dying in my bed tonight, sweat everywhere. I feel like I'm swimming.

TaL0U8w.jpg

source

So I know a few of you went to the video game exhibit at the Science Centre. How much does it cost to go to it? The website says it's $22 to get in the the Science Centre. Is that the only thing I have to pay or is there another fee on top of that to go to the Game On thing?

Roto13

So I know a few of you went to the video game exhibit at the Science Centre. How much does it cost to go to it? The website says it's $22 to get in the the Science Centre. Is that the only thing I have to pay or is there another fee on top of that to go to the Game On thing?

It's included with the general admission.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We're all going to burn this summer. The weather is already pretty "hot".

But more importantly today is Blue and White day, let us celebrate the Maple Leafs hosting their first playoff game in 9 years.

Azih

We're all going to burn this summer. The weather is already pretty "hot".

But more importantly today is Blue and White day, let us celebrate the Maple Leafs hosting their first playoff game in 9 years.

I made a commitment to buy a Maple Leafs Jersey if they make it to the Finals a long time ago.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I made a commitment to buy a Maple Leafs Jersey if they make it to the Finals a long time ago.

As the defacto captain of Leafs-GAF I can tell you they probably won't make the Cup finals but they're doing a lot this season to bring back respect to the blue and white.

Roto13

As the defacto captain of Leafs-GAF I can tell you they probably won't make the Cup finals but they're doing a lot this season to bring back respect to the blue and white.

Ha ha ha, how long have you had a playoff beard? I haven't noticed it before now.

Willectro

Banned
Anyone have experience with Laundry Services? I mean pickup-wash-fold-delivery type services. There's many businesses in Toronto that do it, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it out.

It costs me about $20-25 every 2 weeks and like half a day for me to wash it. The laundry room in my apartment is a nightmare. For $45-60 I could get it done for me, based on what I've seen. Any advice?

krae_man

I think it's time to make my monthly post in Sports GAF and confuse everyone. I should dual screen the game and Raw tonight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ya know, if the team is really so hopeless, why do people like you spend so much time making jokes about them?

Seems the best way to be dismissive would just be to ignore them entirely, and leave us fans to cheer for something.
Whaddya mean 'you' people? I'm part of Leafs GAF, but at this point in the game it's pretty much over unless there is a miracle here.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kuro hates because he cares. True apathy is the real nightmare of a professional sports team. See the Blue Jays in 2010.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Argos will forever be the only championship team in Toronto.

Also, the only team not tainted by MLSE, Bell or Rogers. Coincidence?

Top Bottom