• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

cbox

I went here for the first time a few weeks ago. It really surprised me how large it was since the only libraries I've been to were tiny ones in Scarborough. That's my new place I can draw stuff or do work :D

I worked around the area for 3 years before I finally went in. I was NOT expecting it to be so huge inside considering it's a pretty ugly looking brick building from the outside. Really cool place.

Now do a Leafs pic of the day before it's all over :(

You got it!

tI6e4Nj.jpg

source

Quadratic

Donated a bit. My wife went to DMG last night and also stopped by the Ramen Party floor as well and thought it was pretty cool. Hopefully they make their final goal!

Thanks! Did your wife get a chance to sample the free food there? They were making Takoyaki all night.

By the way, have you been to Bento Miso before? They have a drop in gaming night every other Monday. Seems like a good spot to socialize with other gamers downtown. They're also hosting a gaming/art event during TCAF.

The location is pretty great too. Just south of Queen near Trinity Bellwoods.

https://www.bentomiso.com/events/515a0ed3a5a627985b00016e

I assume some of you dev centric gaffers must have heard of this place.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thanks! Did your wife get a chance to sample the free food there? They were making Takoyaki all night.

By the way, have you been to Bento Miso before? They have a drop in gaming night every other Monday. Seems like a good spot to socialize with other gamers downtown. They're also hosting a gaming/art event during TCAF.

Yeah, we were visiting back when they were originally setting the place up and we're friends with some of the more active people at Bento. Henry and Jennie have done a great job with the place and do good work in the indie development community in Toronto. I mentioned it way back in OT2, when they were just getting started. And yes, my wife tried the food and enjoyed it.

Yup.

But then again, we're probably all at TOJam this weekend.

Flash

This may be a long shot, but did anyone here go to Ryerson for their Radio and Television program? I got into the program, and I also got into York for music. I'm 99% sure I'm going to York, but Ryerson is tempting because I know how hard it is to get into the program. So if anyone did, what did you think of it?

not familiar with either but it sounds like you'd have more job prospects with a degree in Radio and Television then a degree in Music. So... I would suggest doing that.

And as a York graduate, the school sucks. Ryerson probably sucks too but at least it's downtown.

Dyno

New Bahn Mi Boys Sandwich Shop opened up at Gerrard and Yonge.

http://www.banhmiboys.com/

Went for lunch and loved it! Pigged out on a pork belly bahn me, a fried chicken steamed bao, and a kalbi beef taco. Everything was great. The freshness just slays most other places and the flavours are super intense.

Will definitely go again.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Went for lunch and loved it! Pigged out on a pork belly bahn me, a fried chicken steamed bao, and a kalbi beef taco. Everything was great. The freshness just slays most other places and the flavours are super intense.

I haven't even tried Bahn Mi Boys at all, given that the line at the Queen and Spadina location usually drives me away. Hopefully I can sneak into one of their locations at some point to actually give it a go.

New Burger's Priest opening at Queen and Spadina too, which will please some people in this thread.

I haven't even tried Bahn Mi Boys at all, given that the line at the Queen and Spadina location usually drives me away. Hopefully I can sneak into one of their locations at some point to actually give it a go.

New Burger's Priest opening at Queen and Spadina too, which will please some people in this thread.

I'm still interested in trying that last burger place you posted about

Quadratic

Going to be in the area for a fighting game tournament this weekend. Will be sure to check that out. Been to the one at Spadina and liked it quite a bit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Okay I just picked up Fire Emblem and I keep dying, this shit is hard!

A couple points that might help; Let the enemies come to you. Look at their range of movement and make sure your units won't be targeted by too many. This is an easy way to lure enemies and not risk taking too much damage.

Secondly, use the Pair Up feature in FEA. While it has less offensive advantage early on (since you don't have high level supports), it can protect weaker units.

And visit the FEA thread if you need help with specific instances!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Huh going to high park today and witnessed a TO feel good moment. Random woman on the streetcar introduces herself to random guy. He needs medication and a place to stay and she uses her phone to help him out. Called a fee shelters and got off at Ossington. Said she was his angel today haha.

Please don't crush us, Boston. :'(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It is too hot in this damn town.

I'm already desperately missing winter and dreading the upcoming summer months.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anybody ever get LASIK? I was thinking of getting it for my left eye.

You might want to start a thread on the subject. You're more likely to find a response in OT. There was however a short lived LASIK thread with a few people sharing their stories. So give that a read.

It is too hot in this damn town.

I'm already desperately missing winter and dreading the upcoming summer months.

I can live with 22c, although as we creep toward 30 I'll side with you some more. Thankfully, being close to the lake, we usually have a breeze.

Top Bottom