• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quick

Banned
Predictions for Leafs/Bruins:

Leafs lose series 4-1. Get blown out in games 1 and 2.

Game 3 in Toronto is close the entire game, Boston wins 1-0. Heartbreaker.

Leafs get the pathetic game 4 win after already being down 3-0 in a series.

Bruins blow us out in Game 5 to advance.

yay :)

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

iS7bNl4v4C9mL.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Predictions for Leafs/Bruins:

Leafs lose series 4-1. Get blown out in games 1 and 2.

Game 3 in Toronto is close the entire game, Boston wins 1-0. Heartbreaker.

Leafs get the pathetic game 4 win after already being down 3-0 in a series.

Bruins blow us out in Game 5 to advance.

yay :)
Well...the Bruins can blow us all right.

They are probably going to be closer than previous years if this season is any indication.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EM you going to make the MH3 TO meet up thread? My plans changed and I have to work next week, but we can change it to Saturday or later on in Friday

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
EM you going to make the MH3 TO meet up thread? My plans changed and I have to work next week, but we can change it to Saturday or later on in Friday

We can move it to Saturday if that's easier and works for everyone. I'm not sure a dedicated thread is required for the meetup though.

What's this now?

Meeting up on the 11th (Saturday) at Beer Station for some local Monster Hunter play. Come join it. We can help you get through some of the tough quest and show you what Monster Hunter is all about.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We can move it to Saturday if that's easier and works for everyone. I'm not sure a dedicated thread is required for the meetup though.

Meeting up on the 11th (Saturday) at Beer Station for some local Monster Hunter play. Come join it. We can help you get through some of the tough quest and show you what Monster Hunter is all about.
Yeah that's better.

We'll teach kitty how to hunt.

Ahhh...nice day, beer, playoff game, got my fucking 10 dollars from PSN, Etrian 4 in front of me, now all I need is a Leafs win.

GET FUCKED, BRUINS!

Layell

Hey other Toronto members I'll post this up if any of you are interested. I have a ticket to the Vampire Weekend concert on May 16th since my friend bailed and cannot go. Relatively close and at the Sony Centre. Message me if you're interested.

A MH3 meet-up sounds cool I got the game recently on Wii-U and haven't really started it. If I don't have any work I'd be down.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
As a resident of Toronto I feel obligated to watch this slaughter game.

edit: I can see all these anti-jinx posts are working. Leafs score first!

Quadratic

Yeah Saturday would bee no prob with me. I'm still trying to make a cheap ass looking jpeg for this. Maybe MS paint... 6pm on the Saturday okay with you guys? Seems like it's EM, Kuro and me so far. Kave_Man still in? I know there's the game that night...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Saturday would bee no prob with me. I'm still trying to make a cheap ass looking jpeg for this. Maybe MS paint... 6pm on the Saturday okay with you guys? Seems like it's EM, Kuro and me so far. Kave_Man still in? I know there's the game that night...
Hope my ass heals by then...

EM's wife too, Dragona.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I'm going to guess based on the sad bar faces I just passed by that the Leafs didn't do so well tonight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Oh cool, I should be free. I'll do my best to make it and be educated.

Azih

Leafs lost 4-1
TFC lost 6-0
Blue Jays lost 10-1

All is right in Toronto tonight.

Glancing over the Metro tonight was painful. I'm glad I don't really care about this stuff.

Leiweke: I've made a huge mistake.

AT LEAST THE RAPTORS DIDN'T LOSE ALSO.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Glancing over the Metro tonight was painful. I'm glad I don't really care about this stuff.

Leiweke: I've made a huge mistake.

AT LEAST THE RAPTORS DIDN'T LOSE ALSO.

Raptors can join the party too. Valanciunas didn't receive a single first, second, or third place vote for Rookie of the Year, which was announced yesterday.

Quadratic

Hey TO-GAF. Trying to help out a friend who's indiegogo drive is coming to an end. Looks like she's might miss her funding goal :( I just wanted to edit in that it's a flexible goal so even if it doesn't hit the mark they set they're still going ahead with the project. It's an interactive ipad app for children called Ramen Party. Just throwing it out there if anyone is interested in supporting it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ramen-party

20130409214637-lineup_01.jpg

zroid

Banned
I normally don't follow the Jays at all, but their completely self-destructive path thus far, especially after all the hype, has made me more interested than ever. :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I normally don't follow the Jays at all, but their completely self-destructive path thus far, especially after all the hype, has made me more interested than ever. :lol

Who knew trading for a bunch of scrubs that failed miserably on the Marlins wouldn't succeed here?

And trading elite prospects for a 38 year old National League knuckballer who had one amazing year and is a .500 pitcher otherwise. But somehow overpaying for Yu Darvish wasn't possible.

And bringing back a previously failed manager to handle this group.

What could possibly go wrong?

It's baseball, so you really have to wait until mid-June to hit the panic button, but if they're 12-22 in a week, it may be tempting to hit it then.

edit: Or maybe sooner.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone in the GTA giving away or selling a kitten/cat (less than 4 years old)?

Please consider adopting from Animal Services, or one of the many rescue groups in the city. Animal Services is so over run with cats that have no place to go and will never be rescued. Almost every place is under $100 for an adoption, plus the animal will be spayed / neutered and vaccinated. In the case of AS the cat will also be chipped. If there are other pets in the house, a rescue with foster homes is a great option, because you can slowly introduce the cat into the home with a few visits. These people will have been living with the cat for some time as well, so they will have a good grasp on their personality.

I'm glad you're considering up to 4 years old, because cats over 2, or 3 have a very tough time being adopted out simply because there are such a slew of cats at every shelter and families lean toward kittens, despite how much easier it is to acclimate an adult cat, with a developed personality and litter training, into a house (in many cases). Just some food for thought since you're looking for a cat. Adoption definitely a positive way to go about it.

whitehawk

Banned
This may be a long shot, but did anyone here go to Ryerson for their Radio and Television program? I got into the program, and I also got into York for music. I'm 99% sure I'm going to York, but Ryerson is tempting because I know how hard it is to get into the program. So if anyone did, what did you think of it?

Please consider adopting from Animal Services, or one of the many rescue groups in the city. Animal Services is so over run with cats that have no place to go and will never be rescued. Almost every place is under $100 for an adoption, plus the animal will be spayed / neutered and vaccinated. In the case of AS the cat will also be chipped. If there are other pets in the house, a rescue with foster homes is a great option, because you can slowly introduce the cat into the home with a few visits. These people will have been living with the cat for some time as well, so they will have a good grasp on their personality.

I'm glad you're considering up to 4 years old, because cats over 2, or 3 have a very tough time being adopted out simply because there are such a slew of cats at every shelter and families lean toward kittens, despite how much easier it is to acclimate an adult cat, with a developed personality and litter training, into a house (in many cases). Just some food for thought since you're looking for a cat. Adoption definitely a positive way to go about it.

Problem is, I don't have a car, so Toronto is a good 45 minute drive if not more.
The closest place to me that has cats up for adoption (OSPCA) from 200-150, and well thats somewhat beyond my price point..

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Problem is, I don't have a car, so Toronto is a good 45 minute drive if not more.
The closest place to me that has cats up for adoption (OSPCA) from 200-150, and well thats somewhat beyond my price point..

Well, don't rush into it. Events go on all the time at pet stores, with adoption agencies bringing in pets. You might find one that way.

You might want to try Pet Finder. You'll probably find smaller, private rescue groups you didn't know you had around you. Or at least foster homes around you.

Anth0ny

Leafs lost 4-1
TFC lost 6-0
Blue Jays lost 10-1

All is right in Toronto tonight.

I hope everyone has learned their lesson. NEVER get your hopes up for a Toronto sports team.

If we do good, it's a surprise run, like the 06 Raptors. That shit was legendary.

jl4855

Hey TO-GAF. Trying to help out a friend who's indiegogo drive is coming to an end. Looks like she's might miss her funding goal :( I just wanted to edit in that it's a flexible goal so even if it doesn't hit the mark they set they're still going ahead with the project. It's an interactive ipad app for children called Ramen Party. Just throwing it out there if anyone is interested in supporting it.

looks like we may have some mutual friends, this has been all over my fb feed lately as well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Donated a bit. My wife went to DMG last night and also stopped by the Ramen Party floor as well and thought it was pretty cool. Hopefully they make their final goal!

Willectro

Banned
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-budget-lets-welfare-recipients-keep-more-of-their-own-money-1.1264189

Ontario residents receiving social assistance will get to keep more of their own money without losing benefits starting this fall, the result of several "fundamental" changes meant to reduce job barriers and improve fairness, Finance Minister Charles Sousa said in releasing his budget.

IMPROVE FAIRNESS??!!?! What is this I don't even.

What car people drive will no longer affect their eligibility for social assistance, with the government promising to remove restrictions on the value of recipients' primary vehicle.

This is too much. Not sure if joke?

I noticed last night (my apartment building, as I've mentioned before, is next to a building of losers), that there is an extremely high correlation between loud drunken partying and the first of the month. Something needs to change in Ontario, as it's getting far too cushy. I have no problem with single mothers, disabled, or elderly people receiving social assistance, but that's about it. I really hate to say it, but Hudak's welfare "Smart Card" isn't a bad idea. If you are receiving money from the government, purchasing alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, etc should result in a lifetime welfare ban. I'm really sick of this shit.

Top Bottom