• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

lol I usually get into conversations about my hat; it's some Caribana "themed" Jays cap and they just talk about the Jays or other sports.

Most random conversation I remember was a few years ago, while on the TTC going home. I think I was playing one of those doctor games on DS. Some guy in his 40s talks to me about it, then we talk about other things: how he lives in a forest and he wanted to find some camping gear; how a family he sees every morning at the Tim Horton's offered him a car they don't use for him to keep...then it turned into a talk about law.

Nice dude though!

Firestorm

My elevator conversations are easy in my apartment. "This elevator sucks". That can lead into many conversations about the many things wrong with these fucking elevators >=(

It helps that pretty much everyone in Waterloo is a student.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My building only has six floors, and I usually only go up/down one. Barely any time for chitchat, but I usually have the dog with me which can lead to interesting situations. People either wanting to pet the dog, or people squeezing up against the side of the elevator in complete terror.

klix108

Firestorm said:
My elevator conversations are easy in my apartment. "This elevator sucks". That can lead into many conversations about the many things wrong with these fucking elevators >=(

It helps that pretty much everyone in Waterloo is a student.

Waterloo eh? I'm one of those students. I always look out for neogaf screens during lecture, but haven't found one yet. you UW or Laurier?

Firestorm

klix108 said:
Waterloo eh? I'm one of those students. I always look out for neogaf screens during lecture, but haven't found one yet. you UW or Laurier?
Here on co-op actually. I school at Simon Fraser University in the Vancouver area. I remember a guy back in my school who would have GAF open on his screen. Turned out to be Armitage!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ok im thinking about getting tickets for the rihanna concert.

should i go with the yellow area at the ACC for $75 or the blue floor area for $115?

38765s_a.gif

klix108 said:
Back in my day (god, 4 years seems like forever), I tried that experiment, even in my CS class, not a single one.

Ironically, got a few Penny-Arcade Forumers.

Zzoram

-COOLIO- said:
ok im thinking about getting tickets for the rihanna concert.

should i go with the yellow area at the ACC for $75 or the blue floor area for $115?

38765s_a.gif

If you can get a close Yellow seat spot that's what I'd get, otherwise Blue if you actually want to see her.

Arthrus

I now am living in Oshawa for a year. So far, it's been kind of boring, so I was wondering: what are some fun things to do in that area?

And of course, in Toronto itself on weekends. So far, I've decided to go to the zoo when the weather gets less rainy, and also signed up for The Great Urban Race. Should be a lot of fun!

ShaneB

Roto13 said:
38 degrees on Tuesday? Thank god for air conditioning.

Will spend all day at work, and then spend all evening at the gym, hopefully it won't be so bad by the time I get home around 8pm or so...

dudeworld

-COOLIO- said:
snap

hmmm k

just get the floor seats. It's better seeing close up. When I saw Muse I was front row on the floor, right in front of the stage basically. There was a lot of pushing and shoving but it was a rock concert so it was expected. I wouldn't except that from rihanna's concert though

Arthrus said:
And of course, in Toronto itself on weekends. So far, I've decided to go to the zoo when the weather gets less rainy, and also signed up for The Great Urban Race. Should be a lot of fun!
I did that last year. It's crazy, but lots of fun.

I'm more of a fan of Pizzaiolo. Damn that stuff is good.

Now I wish I'd gone downtown today. I was looking for a good reason, but couldn't come up with one.

Amazing lightning last night, though.

EvilMario said:
Welcome to the club. It's a really excellent place (although it can be very busy on weekends, and evenings). I much prefer it over Terroni's pizza.

I think one of the reasons I loved it so much was that there are a bunch of options that don't have any tomatoes or tomato sauce.
I have never really liked tomatoes so it was always tough for me to find pizza I like because of that.

I had the duck confit and pear pizza. Oh man. So good.

added_time said:
I think one of the reasons I loved it so much was that there are a bunch of options that don't have any tomatoes or tomato sauce.
I have never really liked tomatoes so it was always tough for me to find pizza I like because of that.

I had the duck confit and pear pizza. Oh man. So good.
I've been meaning to go there. It's been getting rave reviews everywhere.

As for Pizzaiolo, I go there when I want pizza for lunch. Their spinotta is awesome. Well, everything is awesome, but that's because it's pizza.

iddqd

If anyone has neighbors moving out / a nice apartment thats freeing up, let me know.
I`m ready to move together with my girlfriend, GOODBYE MESSY ROOMMATES!

goodbye-1.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mayor Ford won’t support tolls to fund Sheppard extension

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...support-tolls-to-fund-sheppard-extension?bn=1

So, destroy already funded Transit City, reaching nearly every neighborhood and the airport. But then find out your subway extension is going to cost lolz amounts of money, and face raising taxes/tolls. Claim that a private/public method to pay for it will come about, but don't actually provide proof this will come to pass.

So basically, we get nothing.. except the Eglinton LRT. OH WELL

EvilMario said:

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...support-tolls-to-fund-sheppard-extension?bn=1

So, destroy already funded Transit City, reaching nearly every neighborhood and the airport. But then find out your subway extension is going to cost lolz amounts of money, and face raising taxes/tolls. Claim that a private/public method to pay for it will come about, but don't actually provide proof this will come to pass.

I predict this thing will never get build, and our transit system will continue to be antiquated and under-serviced for another 20 years. Oh, and we still have a $774 million shortfall next year.

Well done, Etobicoke and Scarborough voters.

Arthrus

BladeWorker said:
I did that last year. It's crazy, but lots of fun.

Glad to hear it. My friend and I wanted to go as Batman and Robin (he likes the idea of going as Robin because he's gay and thinks Robin looks gay...) and unfortunately we couldn't find suitable costumes in time. Instead, we'll be running around in morphsuits. Me in black and him in gold.

EvilMario said:

Ya, the Eglinton LRT isn't gonna get built either.

The moment Ford was voted in was the moment transit got put on pause for four years. (Eight years, if people are dumb enough to vote him back in.)

Arthrus said:
Glad to hear it. My friend and I wanted to go as Batman and Robin (he likes the idea of going as Robin because he's gay and thinks Robin looks gay...) and unfortunately we couldn't find suitable costumes in time. Instead, we'll be running around in morphsuits. Me in black and him in gold.
Nice! Good luck. Top-25 last year got to go to Vegas for the international GUR...budget your time wisely!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lunarworks said:
Ya, the Eglinton LRT isn't gonna get built either.

The moment Ford was voted in was the moment transit got put on pause for four years. (Eight years, if people are dumb enough to vote him back in.)

:(

We're moving backwards so fast the Spadina Expressway will probably be built.
RIP, Cedarvale Ravine. lulz

He must realllllly think he can get the private sector to pay for this thing

I wish he would show something that would lead us all to believe that he can actually do that

whitehawk said:
Were you by chance there at the L.A. Noire midnight launch? there?
No dude. I was there earlier that day talking to Sam about the whole thing and if it's really worth it for such a small store to do that.

I went in on Sunday and bought two used GBA games. I've been on a retro kick for awhile now...lol.

whitehawk

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
No dude. I was there earlier that day talking to Sam about the whole thing and if it's really worth it for such a small store to do that.

I went in on Sunday and bought two used GBA games. I've been on a retro kick for awhile now...lol.
Eh I think it was a good idea. Otherwise some people would just go to EBGames instead since they can't wait to play it.

Plus I got a 10% off coupon for going at midnight :)

I don't go there too often anymore, is Sam the 40 year old asain dude who is always there, owns the store?

El Tigre

Zombie James said:
I predict this thing will never get build, and our transit system will continue to be antiquated and under-serviced for another 20 years. Oh, and we still have a $774 million shortfall next year.

Well done, Etobicoke and Scarborough voters.

You voted for him too :p

BTW, have fun tomorrow in the heat. :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
El Tigre said:
You voted for him too :p

BTW, have fun tomorrow in the heat. :D
Free breakfast at Subway tomorrow will help. Fine it won't but I wanted to make sure to remind people.

Oppo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
For sure man. I'm always at the Danforth Game Centre store at least 1-2 times a week.

Put me down for Danforth-GAF, I'm just off Greenwood.

In 38º-related news, I installed a sweet ceiling fan today, checkit.

ShaneB

Thank god I won't be home at all today. Work all day. Gym until 8pm. Hopefully it won't be so bad then, I don't deal well with the heat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom