• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toro's Friend Network |OT| Every day I'm hustling

I've done my best to follow back all of the person's who have added me on Twitter. But I don't know if I've gotten everyone yet or not.

I would like to thank all of you for working as my unpaid labor force to expand my Toro park. I've 100% all the way out to the beach so far, I just need to find some muscle folks to help me get my beach up to snuff.

How come everyone seems to pick the brain attribute?!? I can't get my garden to grow without some muscle!

Overinflated sense of themselves? I kid, I totally did the same thing. I guess it's because of the three attributes I could most easily relate to brains. I ran into the same problem. The majority of the friends I've made are either Artists or Brains. I only have 2 Muscles and it can make maxing out the areas a bit tedious.

marrec

Banned
Added myself to the spreadsheet...

Looking back, I really should have picked Muscle attribute. Should have known it would be the highest demand attribute.

Wait, I still need to friend request people on PSN in the Twitter hub?

I thought you could bypass PSN's friend limit with Twitter =/

Mondriaan

The game is absolutely hilarious. I have to make a twitter account, though :/, which I'm only willing to do because it's for Toro.

[/edit]
It turns out that I had a twitter account that I completely forgot about. It used to be that twitter was the most reliable way to take a picture and get it up on the net.

Anyway I'm now following a bunch of people. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the form didn't let me add myself. Here's my twitter:
https://twitter.com/mhondriaaan

Shoyz

NQu2wDq.jpg

Sweet. I ended up getting a duplicate dungeon Rare Card, and was also given the choice between 3000MP for it, or +3 ATK Buff.

Shoyz

Since nobody else seemed interested..

The Beginner Bundle gives 10 DEF for buying it! By comparison, MP outfits give 1. I'm not sure if this is bundle-only or if all cash outfits give 10 DEF though.

Kuro's Bundle's Yellow Ninja Outfit (ugly as sin, and much weaker than the Snow White outfit, strangely enough)

Television Bundle's Snow White Outfit (it's..okay)

The wording on the bundle is still confusing. It says 'limited' in it although I'm not sure if this means it'll only be available for a limited time, or that the outfit is simply limited 'to' the bundle, but it'll be permanently available. Nor do I know if the Sale price is actually a temporary sale or if that's the price all the items inside would have cost you separately, and is the permanent price of the possibly permanently available bundle (wasted my money if so).

That said, could anybody do me a favor: check out the Outfit shop, and tell me if the two outfits are available for sale outside of the bundle? They're supposed to be bundle-only, and actually say in their descriptions that they're only available in the bundles, but I can't help but be paranoid that they actually have a price set at 350 Coins (compared to Dungeon items that say 'not for sale')

Edit: Checked myself, couldn't find them. Perhaps they were originally going to be 350.
Word of caution: Despite the online nature of the game, it is still save dependant. Lose your save, lose everything.

androvsky

That said, could anybody do me a favor: check out the Outfit shop, and tell me if the two outfits are available for sale outside of the bundle? They're supposed to be bundle-only, and actually say in their descriptions that they're only available in the bundles, but I can't help but be paranoid that they actually have a price set at 350 Coins (compared to Dungeon items that say 'not for sale')

Edit: Checked myself, couldn't find them. Perhaps they were originally going to be 350.
Word of caution: Despite the online nature of the game, it is still save dependant. Lose your save, lose everything.
I didn't see them either.

ZeroAKA

That's really strange, especially since the game doesn't even start up if you can't connect to the Internet.

Shoyz

That's really strange, especially since the game doesn't even start up if you can't connect to the Internet.

I backed it up to PC, deleted it, then redownloaded clean from PSN. Upon booting, it started completely fresh. Considering that it has one-use DLC that one could accumulate, I really hope it's rectified later. Someone that has a crash and loses their save and, hypothetically, $100 spent over a long period of time would not be amused.

Novocaine

i wish this came in europe, is it even confirmed for eu?

Found no information so far, even though they released Paint Park Plus. Jawad on the EU blog said "I’m waiting to hear back in regards to Toro, so I’ll post back once I know something" but that was a few days ago.

i23mix

I dusted off my twitter account and added everyone on the doc. Damn you Toro game! Wondering if I should save up 100,000 MP for that +200 attack name card. Has anyone gotten that yet?

Remk

I dusted off my twitter account and added everyone on the doc. Damn you Toro game! Wondering if I should save up 100,000 MP for that +200 attack name card. Has anyone gotten that yet?

I went for the 50000 one and Ive had no trouble.

A lot of peoe seem to like my character for dungeon exploring,more exp for me I guess :)

Y'all can put me down on your résumé as my beach looks great cause of the hard workers at GAF!

trophies woulda been cool for that extra incentive but im playing way enough (too much) without them.....

back2hustling

Shoyz

I got it on day 1! (through grueling effort)..although most high-levels on my list have it.
Buying Lamination is almost essential as, even if you own that card, lamination -doubles- it with a +200 to +210 ATK buff.

Does anybody know if there's any area to unlock beyond the one that requires 33 friends?

I'm really getting tired of how almost every '!!' in my game is a new Card unlock head-rubber..such a waste of time :/

Ponn

Banned
Alright, so basically this is summed up as a pretty good START to a game that is woefully incomplete and tries to monetize for a quick cash grab with zero long term playability.

This game makes zero sense to require friend requests to exchange name cards. This is something that needed no Q and A testing to realize the giant problems with this. This is the most glaring flaw which when I realized even I who is not a social or multiplayer gamer maxed out my friend list in one day makes this absurd. I was hyped, excited and addicted the first day but after second day became very bored. Quick list of reasons.

1) No trophies
2) IAP being shoved down your throat from the start
3) quick realization the IAP are fucking useless since the game basically ends after a day
4) Dungeons...yea thats, something.
5) Max out your gardens you own in a day and fill them out by the next day, look games over, wonderful

Seriously, after the second day playing its just mind numbing tapping with no purpose except watching your level go up for no reason. I can play progress quest. To clarify i'm really, REALLY disappointed. I was excited the first couple days and addicted and then its like the game literally just gives up doing anything. This could have been a neat interesting app from a good start giving me some serious Animal Crossing vibes but it just seems woefully unfinished. A real shame.

Shoyz

Just noticed that there's a Save Backup option in the settings which allows you to re-sync if you lose your save, but it's still manual. Easier than backing up to a PC though.

Zee-Row

Banned
I deleted a bunch of friends that I had at the bottom of my list that haven't played in over 12 months. So I friended some of my fellow twitter people from here.

baekshi

Banned
I hope they are updates - trophies, own title, more space, more free dungeons, chat , etc.

better integration - can't sign if you have sign in authorization and you still have to add people to your friend list.

Shoyz

EDIT: how do we change jobs?

Outfits = Jobs.
They don't really serve any purpose other than that if you kill a specific job in a dungeon 5 times you get a stat boost.
I killed 5 of one and got +10 Maximum HP, for instance.

I'm currently Level 116, 1100HP, 493ATK, 402DEF, 80 Friends, @ Floor 36.
Edit: And at 100 with 20 pendings..

Jeels

This could have been a neat interesting app from a good start giving me some serious Animal Crossing vibes but it just seems woefully unfinished. A real shame.

Eh, I don't think its fair to try and compare to Animal Crossing, it's free for starters.

Top Bottom