• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toro's Friend Network |OT| Every day I'm hustling

ZeroAKA

How are some of you guys getting laminations (assuming you haven't bought any coins)? Do they drop as dungeon rewards?

I've been getting a ton of friend requests from random people because of this game. If you want to add me, mention that you're from GAF in your message.

Sol1dus

Ladies and Gents! I'm back. Glad to see you've been using my character for dungeon exploration. Got me a some level ups during my downtime. :3 Time to get hooked again before Animal Crossing comes out tonight.

I also cleared up around 10 people on my friendslist so if you want to add me nows a perfect time.

Remk

I am down to the 22nd floor but the enemies are tough, only those with 200+ attack can make good damage :/

I've been getting a ton of friend requests from random people because of this game. If you want to add me, mention that you're from GAF in your message.

the crappy part is i don't know how to get rid of the randoms. also does this mean our psn id's are always gonna be out there in toro land?

Shoyz

I am down to the 22nd floor but the enemies are tough, only those with 200+ attack can make good damage :/

I'm at floor 41, and people with 200 attack do crap damage.

But really the most painful aspect is how much damage -I- take, I can't survive more than a few floors at this point.

possible protip: You get +3 DEF for duplicate dungeon-drop armor, +3 ATK for duplicate dungeon-drop cards. I'm not sure if this is /permanent/ yet, but if it is, you can grind Floor 1 with all of your weak friends in order to buff your stats by 3 every time you get a card or armor.
Only real downside is that even with my uber-stats level 1 enemies can still hit me for like 25 damage, which makes me question if stats in this game actually -do- anything.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I backed it up to PC, deleted it, then redownloaded clean from PSN. Upon booting, it started completely fresh. Considering that it has one-use DLC that one could accumulate, I really hope it's rectified later. Someone that has a crash and loses their save and, hypothetically, $100 spent over a long period of time would not be amused.

You didn't save to cloud then. In the settings menu, you back-up save to the cloud and on next boot it'll ask if you want to load from that save.

the crappy part is i don't know how to get rid of the randoms. also does this mean our psn id's are always gonna be out there in toro land?

In the dungeons, yes. Unless you set a setting to not appear in other peoples lobbies. It's in the settings menu.

Mondriaan

it's amazing how many levels one can jump playing this :O
I think levels are largely pointless. They're only useful for making money (MP, not coins), but there's only so much you can buy.

Levels don't tell you if someone knows what they're doing. There are way too many people who leave their attack or defense at something like 10, which makes them worthless in the dungeon.

Mondriaan

whoa, what happens if one of your members dies in the dungeon?

also, gusto, you should update your character!
If someone else dies, an option to use an item to revive them will show up. I assume the other option is for doing nothing, but I've always gone into the item option and then exited out because I don't want to find out that the leave option actually exits the dungeon. Reviving characters is probably a waste, though, since that requires items that you can't buy with MP.

You can actually buy certain items while in the middle of a fight and item usage doesn't count against your turn usage. The 1000 MP party heal item can only be used ten times per day, so this is not quite as handy as it sounds.

wilflare

I think levels are largely pointless. They're only useful for making money (MP, not coins), but there's only so much you can buy.

Levels don't tell you if someone knows what they're doing. There are way too many people who leave their attack or defense at something like 10, which makes them worthless in the dungeon.

your level is insane... :O
hmm I running out of fun things to do with this

androvsky

Uh, so are the card laminations limited use or once you buy it you have it forever? They add a lot of attack and are a really cool graphical effect. >_> Dunno if they're worth $1.50 or more though.

Mondriaan

I'm now using the "grind level 1 of the dungeon" advice that was given earlier in the thread. The upside is that entering level 1 of the dungeon is always free and even junk characters that have 10 attack and 10 defense are not a total disaster there.

Attack is at 316, defense is at 294. I regret not grinding level 1 sooner.

wilflare

I'm now using the "grind level 1 of the dungeon" advice that was given earlier in the thread. The upside is that entering level 1 of the dungeon is always free and even junk characters that have 10 attack and 10 defense are not a total disaster there.

Attack is at 316, defense is at 294. I regret not grinding level 1 sooner.

X) how did you get your attack so high.
I've been trying to buy everything (all the MP only items) to up my ATT/DEF by 1 each time

Mondriaan

X) how did you get your attack so high.
I've been trying to buy everything (all the MP only items) to up my ATT/DEF by 1 each time
New outfits give you a +1 DEF and new cards give you a +1 ATT. It's best to buy up the cheapest outfits and cards first, but prioritize spending money for grinding level 1 of the dungeon once you're at a point where it's costing you more than 3000 MP for a card or outfit.

You'll always want to have over 3000 MP on hand whenever you enter the dungeon so that you can buy a +3 ATT or a +3 DEF boost (this happens when the game rewards you with a random card or outfit prize you already own). IIRC there are 2 outfits, 2 cards, and a 100 HP party healing potion as possible prizes on the first floor. When you pick up every prize on a 5 floor section, you also get a +10 HP boost, so it might be worthwhile grinding the other floors as well.

I try to reserve the first few trips into the dungeon for diving and then use everyone else to grind the first floor.

The 'received new name card' !! notifications on top of EVERY friend killed the game for me.

Yes! This so hard! So annoying trying to get through all the notifications. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so looooong... Clap, clap, clap.... I hate that sound. XD

i23mix

Deleting pending friend requests doesn't delete it in-game :( I can't exchange anymore name cards since I've sent out 100 already. I'll never be able collect 100 strangers now. Sorry Toro.

Mondriaan

Has anyone tried out the handcrafted dungeon?

I've put together a spreadsheet of my friends, but it's looking like the majority of my strongest friends are not getting stronger. I can see this becoming a problem when I try to get past floor 40.

Is anyone here determined to reach the bottom of the dungeon?

halfbeast

Banned
How do you get more gardens? Depends on number of friends, right?

I only have 2...

I thought when you reach a certain amount of MP. toro always tells me I'm so rich I should buy new gardens. :p

btw, my strategy so far is to buy every outfit/card available in the store (that doesn't require coins) - for each one you get a +1 in either attack or defense and when you grind the dungeons you'll find duplicates faster that way (each one gives you a +3 for 3000 MP I think).

JWong

Banned
I thought when you reach a certain amount of MP. toro always tells me I'm so rich I should buy new gardens. :p

btw, my strategy so far is to buy every outfit/card available in the store (that doesn't require coins) - for each one you get a +1 in either attack or defense and when you grind the dungeons you'll find duplicates faster that way (each one gives you a +3 for 3000 MP I think).

It told me to buy a garden, but I'm not sure how.

Edit: Nm I got it. Didn't know about swiping the screen.

Zoe

How do you get more gardens? Depends on number of friends, right?

I only have 2...

Yeah, it's number of friends. I just realized today that you keep scrolling to the right to get more. I thought it would be to the left since there's a path on the left from the main garden.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any of you "dragonrider3212?" If yes, speak up otherwise I'm not accepting the request.

I really wish all the requests I get would say where they're from. "Toro" doesn't give me much to go on other than that it's a random add from the Toro app.

JWong

Banned
Some people have namecards that I can't find on the store. Were they time limited or something?

Any of you "dragonrider3212?" If yes, speak up otherwise I'm not accepting the request.

I really wish all the requests I get would say where they're from. "Toro" doesn't give me much to go on other than that it's a random add from the Toro app.

He's not on the Google Docs. Safe bet you can destroy him.

Top Bottom