• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toro's Friend Network |OT| Every day I'm hustling

CamHostage

This should be the new PS Home lol. So awesome.

Yeah, it's strange that this isn't on PS3 too, isn't it? I like it a lot as a Vita app, but there's nothing specifically portable about it aside from the Ad-Hoc room (which you still have to connect to PSN on, so unless I had 3G on it's not like I could be at a coffee shop or PAX and meet some people and make a ton of Toro friends.) This is a Friend List-building scheme, it'd work just fine on PS3 (and without it being on PS3, there's no way for the majority of us to get to 100 friends anyway because people without PSVitas cannot become your Toro friend, you'd have to cut your friends out if they weren't on Toro... heartless!)

JWong

Banned
Yeah, it's strange that this isn't on PS3 too, isn't it? I like it a lot as a Vita app, but there's nothing specifically portable about it aside from the Ad-Hoc room (which you still have to connect to PSN on, so unless I had 3G on it's not like I could be at a coffee shop or PAX and meet some people and make a ton of Toro friends.) This is a Friend List-building scheme, it'd work just fine on PS3 (and without it being on PS3, there's no way for the majority of us to get to 100 friends anyway because people without PSVitas cannot become your Toro friend, you'd have to cut your friends out if they weren't on Toro... heartless!)

I usually don't add strangers, but this game does break the ice.

I have a lot of people I don't know, but they seem cool. Might even start a twitter (bad for my job).

androvsky

I have a lot of people I don't know, but they seem cool. Might even start a twitter (bad for my job).

Yeah, I almost never add strangers, but my wife and I finally broke down and started adding strangers from the lobby (although she's being picky about avatar/usernames). My friends list has more than doubled, it feels so weird.

CamHostage

Well, that's the thing, there needs to be something in between "Friend" and no relation. I'm not friends with so many of these people asking for my Name Card (you cannot exchange a name card without accepting a Friend Request, right,) but I don't mind sharing some play time with them and helping them get their stats up and maybe getting to know them enough that maybe they would be "friend" enough for me to look for them in Last of Us or something like that online. I do check the Shared Play History, I do look at their Trophy list to see if their collection and prowess is interesting... I am interested in these people to some degree. I just don't want to have my PSN Friend List so crowded with strangers that I can't tell what my actual friends are doing, and I especially don't want to have to kill off real friend connections (or even just people I don't know but that I like playing against in online matches) just so I can 100-max Toro's Friend Network of all things...

But it's certainly a compelling little app from Sony. And I love having Toro in America, as a PSBAS/SFvT fighter that was great but having a real Toro experience with Jun and Ricky and R-Suzuki in english is something I never thought I'd see. I remember when Mainichi Issyo came out and it was I think before the PlayStation blog but after the ending of PlayStation Underground and I just wanted my gaming info so badly to show up right on my PlayStation...

androvsky

There's supposed to be some differentiation when the PS4 comes out, since we'll have "real" friends imported from social networks with real names and the current style of PSN friends with nicknames. I'm hoping that carries over to the Vita, but I'm pretty sure the PS3 won't change at all.

And I'm expecting a lot more than 150 friends if we're importing from Facebook.

Mondriaan

anyone knows where is the lowest area you can farm a revival potion?
I think I've seen mini-revival potions around 36-40. I may have seen them 31-35, but I'm not quite as sure about that.

I haven't seen any actual (non-mini) revival potions yet.

[/edit]Whoops, made a mistake- those mini things I've found so far are for recovering time (minis are good for recovering 1 hour, lol) from the dungeon 24 hour cool-downs, not revival. I haven't seen revival potions yet (I'm guessing they aren't likely to appear until much later. I'm at ~42 floor or so).

JWong

Banned
Teknoman, level your damn guy! lol

I remember something in the tutorial saying if you don't do stuff with your friend for a week, you lose them or something... anyone can refresh me?

halfbeast

Banned
Teknoman, level your damn guy! lol

I remember something in the tutorial saying if you don't do stuff with your friend for a week, you lose them or something... anyone can refresh me?

nah, that's when you exchange name cards. if they don't add you in a week, they'll disappear.

How do I increase my hustling number? I'm like level 52 with 1 hustle.
You just have to wait for someone to choose you to do work on their garden or choose you to be a party member for a dungeon run. After that, you'll get a notice on your end (exclamation marks over the person's head on your garden) asking you if you want to hustle.

Mondriaan

This is probably too nerdy, but I ended up creating a spreadsheet of all my friends in order to plan my trips into the dungeon. Currently my formula for friend priority is attack + defense / 2, but I'm thinking maybe I should make it attack * defense instead.

Or maybe make it attack * defense * max HP

Probably this is overkill given that I can only make 4 or less serious trips into the dungeon and after that, I can only bring everyone else on my trips to grind floor 1.

FYC

Banned
Hmm, I followed a ton of Gaffers and some followed me back, but nobody's popping up in the Twitter lobby. Strange.

androvsky

Yeah, I've been having the same problem. Even tried unlinking twitter and relinking it. I'm wondering if I should've quit the game in between...
Okay, maybe not. Still have the same two people in my twitter lobby with full friends lists, even though I've gotten more twitter followers that I was already following.

I just realized this namecard I have is a pair of striped panties. -_-;;
Ah, damnit, now that you mention it... I'd say can't unsee, but that's what they are. :/

Mondriaan

I found a revival potion (sample) on floor 21. Enemy HP is 2000, though, so I'm guessing that enemies are roughly twice as strong as enemies would be on the first floor.

Revival potions seem kind of useless to me, though.

FYC

Banned
I keep getting XP / money from a guy who apparently assigned me to work in his game.

Seems like 20 consecutive times in a row now(as soon as I accept the reward he has another one to give), and I've only been off my Vita for about 2 days. Is this normal or is it a hack / glitch? He's only level 32 as well... I mean I guess he could have played nonstop but Jesus it just keeps going. I'm worried I'm going to get in trouble.

Edit: Aaaaand it's done. Crazy. Guess he just assigned me to a fuckton of jobs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, he gave you a ton of jobs since you last checked. :p

JWong

Banned
Wow, I thought they'd limit it to the last 3 jobs or something. So someone, like Teknoman, probably has like 50 completed jobs from me lined up for him.

Anyway, any active players? I don't think the gdoc list represents active players anymore. Need to boost my friend count.

I haven't really had time to play during the week, but I've been squeezing in some time on the weekends to do a couple dungeon runs and hustle for a few folks on here.

Mondriaan

Anyway, any active players? I don't think the gdoc list represents active players anymore. Need to boost my friend count.
I'm still active. Floors 55+ have been slow going. I have a calculation for whether or not an ally is strong enough for floors between 55-59.

(attack)(defense)(max HP)/100000 > 2600
This value assumes that after using a temporary boost attack, boost defense, and boost max HP (all of which can be bought for 10,000 MP each), your value is above around 6000. This is a very rough estimate, though.

Also, you can only use those boosts twice a day (for 10 minutes), and they might also cut into the number of times you can use the heal party drinks that cost 1000 MP. The boosts are better than the healing drinks, though. A ten minute boost lasts long enough for about 4-5 trips into the dungeon, assuming that you mash a button to make the battles go faster and can quickly pick out your team members.

JWong

Banned
I'm still active. Floors 55+ have been slow going. I have a calculation for whether or not an ally is strong enough for floors between 55-59.

(attack)(defense)(max HP)/100000 > 2600
This value assumes that after using a temporary boost attack, boost defense, and boost max HP (all of which can be bought for 10,000 MP each), your value is above around 6000. This is a very rough estimate, though.

Also, you can only use those boosts twice a day (for 10 minutes), and they might also cut into the number of times you can use the heal party drinks that cost 1000 MP. The boosts are better than the healing drinks, though. A ten minute boost lasts long enough for about 4-5 trips into the dungeon, assuming that you mash a button to make the battles go faster and can quickly pick out your team members.

Yeah, I'm finding that I need my higher attack/def friend in order to progress safely.

Does higher level cards and outfits drop from higher level dungeons? I see a lot of people with the Dark Hero outfit, but not sure if they got it through money.

Mondriaan

Yeah, I'm finding that I need my higher attack/def friend in order to progress safely.

Does higher level cards and outfits drop from higher level dungeons? I see a lot of people with the Dark Hero outfit, but not sure if they got it through money.
IIRC the Dark Champion outfit is bought with coins (ie real money). I suppose it's possible that it could be a reward deep enough in the dungeon, but I somewhat doubt that's the case. I've made it a goal not to spend real money on the game until I'm ready to check out the handcrafted dungeon, which I'm hypothesizing is post floor 100 content.

I doubt that you can find anything in the dungeon that is better than what you can buy (with real money). If you buy the best available outfit, card, and card gloss, you get +510 attack and +310 defense IIRC. If you only use MP, at best you can get +200 attack and +210 defense (ignoring for a moment the +1 attack and +1 defense you get for buying up the other cards and outfits).

You don't find stuff better than what you can buy with MP until you're past around floor 50. My outfit has a +240 defense and my card is +240 attack IIRC. It's really more about grinding the easy floors for attack, defense, and max HP.

JWong

Banned
IIRC the Dark Hero outfit is bought with coins (ie real money). I suppose it's possible that it could be a reward deep enough in the dungeon, but I somewhat doubt that's the case. I've made it a goal not to spend real money on the game until I'm ready to check out the handcrafted dungeon, which I'm hypothesizing is post floor 100 content.

I doubt that you can find anything in the dungeon that is better than what you can buy (with real money). If you buy the best available outfit, card, and card gloss, you get +510 attack and +310 defense IIRC. If you only use MP, at best you can get +200 attack and +210 defense (ignoring for a moment the +1 attack and +1 defense you get for buying up the other cards and outfits).

You don't find stuff better than what you can buy with MP until you're past around floor 50. My outfit has a +240 defense and my card is +240 attack IIRC. It's really more about grinding the easy floors for attack, defense, and max HP.

Ah yes, the repeated cards and outfits.

I guess I can use those lowbies that don't level, and just run floor 1 with them.

Edit: Level 278??? You mad man.

Mondriaan

Edit: Level 278??? You mad man.
The secret to leveling up is to spam the quickest jobs on your lowest level friends (my lowest level friends are non-leveling). Leveling up is more like a side effect of trying to make money as fast as possible, though, since boosting 3 stats costs 30K MP.

It's still worthwhile trying to spam jobs on friends who are good at hustling because that's an easy way to increase your max HP, but I think that writing a few twitter messages per day might be a more efficient way of hitting the +20 max HP daily limit.

halfbeast

Banned
I try to play it once a day, usually progressing through the dungeon (somewhere like level 43 right now) and putting people to work.

grinding low level dungeons I keep getting poitions and MP more than cards or outfits. :/

also, can you find any lamination in the dungeon?

Mondriaan

I try to play it once a day, usually progressing through the dungeon (somewhere like level 43 right now) and putting people to work.

grinding low level dungeons I keep getting poitions and MP more than cards or outfits. :/

also, can you find any lamination in the dungeon?
It's still worth it to grind in the dungeon even when you get crap because you get +10 max HP for every 5 people in the same job you defeat. While there are tons of different jobs, over time this still averages out to leveling up your max HP by 2 every time you defeat an enemy with a job. I'm not sure if the enemies on floors 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, etc (floors divisible by 5) have jobs, though.

I haven't seen any lamination yet, but I think it's going to be something hilarious like a +10 attack rare lamination.

JWong

Banned
My dude is getting powerful without spending a dime, but, man, some of the people on my list are like in level 70 dungeon with 600 stats. They did buy stuff though. There's a nice Kuro namecard that comes from the crafted dungeon.

I'm at 300 atk and 317 def with the best equip MP can buy. Almost bought up all the namecards and outfits too.

Mondriaan

You get a bunny ear ninja outfit when you beat floor 60. It has a defense+320. I've heard that there is an outfit in the handcrafted dungeon that has a defense+400. That Kuro card is supposedly attack+500.

My stats are currently ATK 724 DEF 569 HP 1733.

This was posted in the comments of the European PS Blog:

PIGk1Ic.jpg

JWong

Banned
You get a bunny ear ninja outfit when you beat floor 60. It has a defense+320. I've heard that there is an outfit in the handcrafted dungeon that has a defense+400. That Kuro card is supposedly attack+500.

My stats are currently ATK 724 DEF 569 HP 1733.

What's the highest atk card from the normal dungeon?

Slowly getting higher stats. I'm pretty much advancing the dungeon using a 500 stat friend or else I won't be able to make it. Gets rough at 30ish, I can't even imagine beyond 40.

Top Bottom