• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Solar Eclipse (US) of 2017

13ruce

Banned
The apocalyose will soon dawn into the USA all thanks to Trump!

They are coming for ya fat orange pig:p

Seriously tho it's beautiful i saw one as a kid in Europe looks amazing be sure to spot it if you can it's quite the rare experience!

AdanVC

Pretty sunny here in Cleveland. Should get a really good view. Sitting in my backyard and I can hear a bunch of circadas behind my fense. Hopefully they won't attack me during eclipse 😲

Cicadas are going to become huge alien creatures during the eclipse. Get out of there!!

jk. Enjoy!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Some posters/prints from NASA:

es2qtad.jpg

EyjFRhw.jpg

rAb177c.jpg

AdanVC

Are there some streams showing how the streets actually turn dark? I'm more interested on watching how everything around suddenly becomes dark than the actual moon covering the sun streams wich is not that exciting as watching it live with cool looking glasses.

Working at a University has it's perks. The Astronomy professor here is setting up a telescope with the right filter on top of one of our parking garages for Staff to come look through.

TheDanger

Banned
Are there some streams showing how the streets actually turn dark? I'm more interested on watching how everything around suddenly becomes dark than the actual moon covering the sun streams wich is not that exciting as watching it live with cool looking glasses.

that's what I'm looking for as well, but I can't find anything.

Pretty clear here near Detroit Michigan. Not in the best path but it'll still be neat. Going to be busy today so didn't plan for anything.

Good luck to all the stargazers out there!

jfkgoblue

It's not sudden, it's like a very slow sunset ambient wise followed by slow sunrise.

Also it isn't midnight darkness, more like just after sunset in 100%.

Nameless

I'll probably drive home on lunch to watch it. Kinda don't a once/twice in a lifetime event to be attached to work.

AdanVC

that's what I'm looking for as well, but I can't find anything.

Searching for streams on twitter and nothing shows up at the moment :c

It's not sudden, it's like a very slow sunset ambient wise followed by slow sunrise.

Also it isn't midnight darkness, more like just after sunset in 100%.

You're right, still very exciting how it goes sunset for a few minutes on the middle of the day. Fascinating stuff. Space shit is da real thing.

cordy

Banned
Don't let the eclipse distract you from the fact that Dean Ambrose is the youngest Grand Slam Champion in WWE history.

jfkgoblue

Searching for streams on twitter and nothing shows up at the moment :c

You're right, still very exciting how it goes sunset for a few minutes on the middle of the day. Fascinating stuff. Space shit is da real thing.
Yeah I agree, otherwise I wouldn't have driven 8 hours from Michigan to see it in totality

Top Bottom