• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

maouvin

Ok I've got no idea how you guys are able to play with guns - they are so clumsy and that reloading :D

Guess I'm gonna stay bow scrub due to how easy it is to break all parts on Oni with them.

Go full bow scrub - elemental build, knowledge health regen, knowledge focus regen (forgot the correct names), then just enter shooting stance with circle and spam triangle x 3.

Did something like that with a crit build (before switching to naginata), but with elemental it shall fare better.

Shengar

Go full bow scrub - elemental build, knowledge health regen, knowledge focus regen (forgot the correct names), then just enter shooting stance with circle and spam triangle x 3.

Did something like that with a crit build (before switching to naginata), but with elemental it shall fare better.

I kinda want to try SPT Elemental build with Bow. It seems Fountain+ (Bolster) combined with Fountain+ (Surprise) could result in some hilariously broken shit.

Jabba

Banned
Anyone know what the patch did besides fix dlc weapon attack power?

Patch says other minor issues have been addressed. That's all.

That gave me facepalm moment - 80 hours in Age of Demons and I never used shooting stance :D

I'm now almost finished with orginal game story line so I got my first emergency mission - I guess money problems won't happen in Kiwami as I got 80k haku for it

maouvin

That gave me facepalm moment - 80 hours in Age of Demons and I never used shooting stance :D

Of course you didn't - it's new to Kiwami :p

In AoD circle would start the homing shot aiming. On Kiwami, pressing circle will put you on shooting stance, which consumes focus but greatly increases your shooting speed (either square or triangle shots). For homing shots you now need to hold circle.

Shengar

Of course you didn't - it's new to Kiwami :p

In AoD circle would start the homing shot aiming. On Kiwami, pressing circle will put you on shooting stance, which consumes focus but greatly increases your shooting speed (either square or triangle shots). For homing shots you now need to hold circle.

Does it increase your attack power?

maouvin

Does it increase your attack power?

Don't think so. It just makes you shoot super fast afaik. Would be OP if it increased your damage too imo, lol.

-----

Also, we just got a bunch of new DLC missions (on US at least) and guess what? They're paid.
New weapons and armor obtainable as always - now I'll just wait for people to find out which of the new gear (if any) is worth the investment.

I'm currently on the edge of getting Toukiden Kiwami. Loved Age of Demons' demo, but I didn't have the funds at the time so i never got it. Kiwami flew under the radar, and i completely forgot it existed. A minute into the demo I remember why i wanted Age of Demons in the first place, but I cannot remember how the HP system works. All i remember is that the Oni HP system functions by breaking parts or dealing damage to weak points to get to it's "main" HP bar or something like that (Sorry if this is obviously answered elsewhere).

Other than that, how alive is the online (this isn't as important since I've heard AI is very good), and (of course, as an estimate) how long will the content last me in terms of gear/ weapons? I also got into Monster Hunter fairly recently so i know the reputation for these games lasting a while with grinding enemies for materials (which is fun to me, IMO).

Shengar

Don't think so. It just makes you shoot super fast afaik. Would be OP if it increased your damage too imo, lol.

-----

Also, we just got a bunch of new DLC missions (on US at least) and guess what? They're paid.
New weapons and armor obtainable as always - now I'll just wait for people to find out which of the new gear (if any) is worth the investment.
But they drain your focus insanely fast, more than sword's red gouge. I guess Focus build is necessary if you want to used it constantly.

About DLC, yeah we should expected this practice by now and the future. At least they still give us some freebies this time, useful ones at that.
I'm currently on the edge of getting Toukiden Kiwami. Loved Age of Demons' demo, but I didn't have the funds at the time so i never got it. Kiwami flew under the radar, and i completely forgot it existed. A minute into the demo I remember why i wanted Age of Demons in the first place, but I cannot remember how the HP system works. All i remember is that the Oni HP system functions by breaking parts or dealing damage to weak points to get to it's "main" HP bar or something like that (Sorry if this is obviously answered elsewhere).
Yes, you only actually damage an oni when they are enraged or attacking their destroyed limb. Attacking when they're in normal state will only damage their armor or outer shell.
Other than that, how alive is the online (this isn't as important since I've heard AI is very good), and (of course, as an estimate) how long will the content last me in terms of gear/ weapons? I also got into Monster Hunter fairly recently so i know the reputation for these games lasting a while with grinding enemies for materials (which is fun to me, IMO).
Still not Monster Hunter level of content, but it could last you 100-150 hours at the very least.

Yes, you only actually damage an oni when they are enraged or attacking their destroyed limb. Attacking when they're in normal state will only damage their armor or outer shell.

So i'm guessing attacking them normally brings down their "purple HP bar" to eventually enraged them, then you can directly attack it's HP? I know it's better to attack breakable parts/ weak spots though

Still not Monster Hunter level of content, but it could last you 100-150 hours at the very least.

I have MH too, and i'm juggling a couple other "hunting" games, so that's still a good amount for me.

Thanks for the help!

I sunk about 75 hours into this and I'm mostly doing the single player. I think I'm in chapter 10.

I create lobbies from time to time under the FFA or FreeForAll title, usually just to grind with the AI. Not all that often though. And I'm usually just doing red missions to unlock phases. Username is Q_Car and the hunter name is MrPointy.

EGOMON

I hope to god this game is successful enough for KT to make a sequel for us.
I just clocked the 100hr mark and still enjoying the hell of it.
CFyJYEqWIAEM-aA.jpg

Shengar

I'm clocking 234 hours with 126 hours of AoD included and I'm still find so many stuffs fo enjoy. I really hoped that the game at least doing just fine after being released in such bad time for release.

EGOMON

I'm clocking 234 hours with 126 hours of AoD included and I'm still find so many stuffs fo enjoy. I really hoped that the game at least doing just fine after being released in such bad time for release.
Damn and I was afraid of running out of stuff to do/enjoy after I logged 100hr, good news ^_^

It sold well in Japan so I wouldn't worry about sequel but it might be digital only in west :(

Ogawa-san

I haven't seen exact numbers but going from PSNProfiles player count, Kiwami doesn't look so hot over here so I wouldn't be surprised to see a digital-only sequel localization. On the bright side at least it'd come in some way thanks to KT localizing almost everything nowadays.

Meanwhile Namco gave up after the first GE :(

Shengar

Seriously, who thought in KT that releasing the game 5 days after Bloodborne release is a good idea? Should've been del sayed to April for more exposure :(
Truly bad time for release

And about Bamco, fuck them. They have more fans and resources and yet not feel committing to take advantage of it unless the game can do Tales numbers.

Jabba

Banned

I'm new to the franchise but I've got 312 hours in Kiwami so far. I've got 298 mitama and I'm too lazy to look for the names of the two I need. lol

Also have to agree with you on your 2 or 3 current posts as to the game doing well.

Imo, Kiwami could be a nice niche franchise in the west with a little more support. A Tv advert would be nice. The release date as you pointed out was bad. About the only thing to hope for as far as more exposure is probably this thread on gaf showing up every now and then at the top. People see, and maybe buy the game or at least check out the demo, then buy. I know that's a slim to none scenario. Too bad the mainstream west game players don't really know this game and the overall genre. Maybe these hunting games being on mostly hand helds hurts them in the west?

I'm still fiddling around with some Mitama builds and having fun trying out different player AI. Still looking for more armors even though I've got some good ones, except Ultimate armor, need perpetual despairs, I think they're called and the correct phase, Amerinthine King, according to the drop charts is a stinge. Right now I'm using Itsumunanaya armor with 1605 defense but the (fire/water) is not good. I've got Outcast Ninja set +9 to all pieces but I get hit using knives and I die less with the higher defense as oppossed to having the out and out superior overall protection of Outcast. I know it doesn't make sense but that's how things are for me.

To anyone curious, check out the demo on psn, PS4 and (Vita?). Kiwami is a great mat/loot/hunt experience.

Man, I haven't said much about it but there's a lot of cheap shit going on in the higher phases.

Michaelius, I bought them all. Newspapers I mean. lol They are no longer offered even when one of the ladies is in the shop. I think I've received two soul steels at different times.

daydream

Banned
The DLC prices have been rather insolent, I have to say. I understand the vanilla Toukiden DLC was more reasonably priced.

One thing that could be improved in hunting games is giving more information inside game - it's crazy that I had to make excel file to keep track which weapons I already had and which upgrade path I have to choose.

Also It'd be great if we could buy from shop any of the upgraded weapons we once had.

I'm near the end of Chapter 12. I think the Kiwami story line is better than the AoD story. As someone already mentioned, it's just better paced and the stakes ramp up faster.

I'm curious to see what they do with Toukiden 2, since it's inevitable that KT will cut the Ultimate rank stuff out so they can make another Kiwami expansion. Probably less Chapters/Phases but more missions in total.

Had to go back and farm older items because bag was capped at 500, now its at 1100 because I had all the items lol

At chapter 12 also, some of the chapter 11 and 12 intros are sweet, found 80% of the time I have AI set to aid these days just because it makes them auto cap parts

How long does it take to get shrine fully updated ?

It's been something like 50-60 missions since last upgrade and still nothing despite throwing 1k haku into it each time.

It's been something like 50-60 missions since last upgrade and still nothing despite throwing 1k haku into it each time.
Keep throwing money into it. It maxes out at 3k haku.

Also, I'm not sure where you are in the game, but I believe the shrine gets an upgrade at the start of the Kiwami arc and the costs goes up to 2200 haku.

Keep throwing money into it. It maxes out at 3k haku.

Also, I'm not sure where you are in the game, but I believe the shrine gets an upgrade at the start of the Kiwami arc and the costs goes up to 2200 haku.

Sorry I mixed names - I meant offering box not the tree.

Shengar

Back in AoD you can insert any number of haku into it which makes convoluted and obtuse as fuck. I was throwing 2k haku most of the time endgame and my shrine was quickly upgraded because of it, maybe. Just keep at it, I think it'll be upgraded fully when you reach Chapter 13.

Finished chapter 11 that sure was interesting

Don't mess with angry tenkos

Are infinite/special investigation better form of farming mitamas and or body parts than normal missions ?

people

Are infinite/special investigation better form of farming mitamas and or body parts than normal missions ?
You will find that you get more Soil/Haku-type drops during Infinite missions and less actual parts, except for Aurogrinders. If you are looking for specific parts, it's probably more efficient to farm specific missions on the appropriate difficulty.

Especially early on you'll probably gain a lot of Mitama during Infinite missions, particularly from shadow Oni spawning between waves. This will slowdown once you start collecting more. When/if you start looking for specific ones or the Mitama collection-related trophies, it's probably more efficient to (use a guide and) farm the appropriate missions.

Special investigations are somewhat similar, except they are 'themed' according to the type of Oni you can expect or their origin/Age. For example: Element Water/Fire/etc, or Age of Yore/War/etc.

Tailzo

I have played the ps4 demo to "completion".

But now I'm thinking about buying the full game on Vita. Can I carry over my ps4 demo save?

maouvin

I have played the ps4 demo to "completion".

But now I'm thinking about buying the full game on Vita. Can I carry over my ps4 demo save?

You can't export demo data to another platform, unfortunaly. You'd need to play the Vita demo to export stuff to the Vita version..

But honestly, the rewards from the Special Missions aren't that useful, and you'll have to begin the game again anyway. I'd advise to jump directly to the full game if you're switching platforms.

Tailzo

You can't export demo data to another platform, unfortunaly. You'd need to play the Vita demo to export stuff to the Vita version..

But honestly, the rewards from the Special Missions aren't that useful, and you'll have to begin the game again anyway. I'd advise to jump directly to the full game if you're switching platforms.

Thanks a lot for answering :)

Chapter 13 is weird - it almost feels like it was added just for farming new materials.

Also I think I'm too used to knowledge absorb bow fightning - I realised it when I equiped my new 800 attack zero elemental dmg bow with Princes Nukata with 3 knowledge skills and absort out of habit :D

What weapon and battle style is good for doing solo missions without any alies ?

It's huge problem for me with bow as monsters fully concentrate on my character.

Ogawa-san

Gauntlet if you can afford to get hit, naginata if you can't (naked missions). Guard/parry all the things and stay behind oni to force them to waste time turning around to face you.

eastx

Bad news is the PC port is pretty bad. Locked to 30 FPS, for one. It also crashes consistently for many users. Running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode fixes that for some, but it still crashed on me. :(

Lain

I recently started playing the game on PC (and having lots of fun) and was wondering about the use of Purify for Mitama. Do you purify a Mitama to reset it to learn more skills for it? In case that's the use of Purify, do you get to decide which skills to use once you have more than 3? Otherwise I don't understand why one would use Purify, unless skills are also random so the use is to hope to get certain skills once you level the Mitama again?

Ogawa-san

Each mitama has a fixed set of 12 skills, unlocked one by one as they level. They can only have 3 at once, so after leveling up you have to pick a skill to "forget" to make space. Purifying was meant to let you do over and pick a different set of 3 skills.

But in Kiwami, once they're at max level (12) you can swap skills at will, making purifying pointless.

Top Bottom