• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Lame. I feel so left out in all this Cerberus craze. My connection doesn't last more than a pair of minutes before it kicks me off, and AI just wont cut it. Oh well....

Also I wish I could rename my character to Alex Louis Armstrong so that I can fully justify overusing that "shiny" gesture.

Scher

Alright, I think that's enough Cerberus for me for the night. Thanks a lot for letting me join!

Screenshot plz.

Do you want screenshots of the descriptions for the mitamas?

Edit: Also, I seem to be seeing the same thing as mentioned by Abylim. I seem to be able to see everything I can possibly craft. I can even see all the upgrade paths for the current weapons I have.

Shengar

Lame. I feel so left out in all this Cerberus craze. My connection doesn't last more than a pair of minutes before it kicks me off, and AI just wont cut it. Oh well....

The AI is decent if you take the single Cerberus mission. But you need multiplayer for the definitive experience on Cthonian-Cerberus one.
Cerberus seems to drop Golden Skulls too, I got one earlier from him.

Edit: Gonna check the blacksmith guys.

He seems to drop random loot from all boss/rare grunt (fighting him revealed Abyss Armor Set and I even fight Abyssal Fiend yet). His unique drop perhaps only Spear Tip.

wilflare

Because it's on the PSP too. Still a new IP selling almost 400k units isn't that bad. Hope we hear some news about that Toukiden Extreme thing soon.

Hope it's PS3/4 + Vita. Online games perform much better on homeconsoles in the West as it's been already commented

hmm I wonder if Toukiden Xtreme with Cross-Play/Cross-Save with Toukiden Vita will move even more units. lol

ramyeon

Alright, I think that's enough Cerberus for me for the night. Thanks a lot for letting me join!

Edit: Also, I seem to be seeing the same thing as mentioned by Abylim. I seem to be able to see everything I can possibly craft. I can even see all the upgrade paths for the current weapons I have.
Thanks to you too! Good hunts.

I can see a lot more armours and weapon upgrades, not all the weapon and armour upgrades though. Some are still ???. Cerberus seems to drop a lot of rare stuff from other Oni, like Vow of Love, Scorching Stonespike etc etc that are used for these. Guess that made them visible. Sucks that we didn't seem to get the SS armour DLC though.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

Yes please. Wanna appreciate this Mitama in all its glory, art and story and all.
Also, are you getting that after defeating Cerberus? or just after the update? I mean, do you have to get those juicy Cerberus drops to activate this "bug"?

Edit: Seems that it isn't a bug just opens up the trees because of those other rare drops then huh? Was just curious.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh COME ON you guys. It's not fair for all of you to do this while I am still at the office ://///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Scher

Yes please. Wanna appreciate this Mitama in all its glory, art and story and all.
Also, are you getting that after defeating Cerberus? or just after the update? I mean, do you have to get those juicy Cerberus drops to activate this "bug"?

After I beat Cerberus, and I think it might be what Shengar mentioned. Cerberus appears to drop a lot of the materials that other bosses drop, so I think those are unlocking all the armor sets and stuff.

Shengar

Anyone know where to find Umbrapod (golden Drumble)? I find one once, but I forget which mission is it beside it takes place on age of Chaos.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just tried out the demo yesterday....am i wrong or is this game...quite good ? Yeah its a spin on the MH series ( which i also like) - but it plays quite a bit fast and still adds its own touch to it. Really dig what i played. and the image quality is amazing, sometimes you really forget what the Vita is capable of in the right hands, espcially when you consider it was a multi-development effort including a PSP version. Toukiden 2 only on Vita should look amazing. So how long does a singleplayer play-though taks in hours ?

I think i`ll end up with the game sooner or later, but first i`ll try out my Soul Sacrifice PS+ copy. Hope Bamco also releases God Eater 2 in the west.

After beating Cerberus I could almost make Heaven Armor with abyssal drop missing and the Cerberus Spear which is a Rank 9 weapon. No new Mitama so far.

We did him like three times and then a cerb + cthonian and I'm not even close to making anything :|

BULLSHIT TECMO, BULLSHIT. My armor is so shit that I saw scher get hit for a quarter of his HP on the same attack that basically one shots me leaving with a tiny sliver of health. I need dat armor

ramyeon

Hey question about this... Do we know what armors are best for each? Like I see the Terragrinder is Fire/Earth... But what armor element should I use against him?
If, in the case of Terragrinder, he's weak against Fire and Wind (Not Fire/Earth) then you want armour the protects against the opposite of those (Water/Earth).

We did him like three times and then a cerb + cthonian and I'm not even close to making anything :|

BULLSHIT TECMO, BULLSHIT. My armor is so shit that I saw scher get hit for a quarter of his HP on the same attack that basically one shots me leaving with a tiny sliver of health. I need dat armor
So is the SS armor not included or is it some super rare drops to unlock it?

Korten

Banned
If, in the case of Terragrinder, he's weak against Fire and Wind (Not Fire/Earth) then you want armour the protects against the opposite of those (Water/Earth).

oh whoops... So essentially it goes... If they're weak to Fire, then put defense to water.

If weak to Wind, then use Earth defense.

If they're weak to sky... Then nothing? No particular defense?

Seil

oh whoops... So essentially it goes... If they're weak to Fire, then put defense to water.

If weak to Wind, then use Earth defense.

If they're weak to sky... Then nothing? No particular defense?

Honestly, judging by how odd the weakness chart seems to be(Viper Queen weak to Earth? for example - though I found another wiki in japanese that lists fire) I just go by their offensives when it comes to defense. Harrowhalf is weak to sky, but he uses ice and fire attacks, so Water/Fire defense.

Edit: To simplify things, the best defenses on their armor sets seem to line up with their elements.

RalchAC

hmm I wonder if Toukiden Xtreme with Cross-Play/Cross-Save with Toukiden Vita will move even more units. lol

If they sell Xtreme as a DLC for the Vita, I'll probably buy both the expansion and the homeconsole game. And will make some friends buy it too. Then we all will hunt together.

And it'd be like the best thing ever if they added splitscreen.
___

@stfuppercut

You say your armor is bad, how far are you in MP? I'm at Phase 3 (I have like 13 missions unlocked) if you want we could have a couple of matches after I take a shower :)

ramyeon

So useless trying to do the Cthonian+Cerb quest with randoms. Just ends with at least two people rage quitting :/ need an extra Vow of Love too to upgrade my weapon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
took me about 30 hours to beat the story (which isn't the end of the SP). All in all I''ve spent 40 hours in SP and 20 in MP and still have a lot to do.

Since you have playe dit for 40 hours...i guess you would recommend it as well ?

So I guess Cerberus drops everything up to rank 9 mats and his spear right? Got Abyssal Fiend stuff and Amaranthine King stuff and Jollux so far.
Guys this is one of the japanese patch notes for 1.01:

Fixes a bug which corrupted saved games.

Sounds like we got an earlier japanese build day 1.
Other patch notes sounds like they are already included in the western release like the eye of truth activation through touching the mitama icon, lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Aizen Bow (rarity 8) + Himiko mitama + 260k haku. Upgrade Divine Call Bow a few times to get that bow.

I am sorry, but how can I upgrade equipments so that they... transform into something else?

I am currently phase 7-3 MP and 6-ish SP... is it something that's unlocked later or is it something that I miss? I don't remember the game ever indicated that's it's possible to mutate/transform equipment into higher form..........

ramyeon

Would love to get a good high rank party together to do the Cthonian + Cerberus mission one or two times. Need to get one more Vow of Love from that High Rank Cthonian and the random rooms I've gone into for it just haven't been able to to finish it.

JimPanzer

Since you have playe dit for 40 hours...i guess you would recommend it as well ?

I said this earlier already: if you dig hunting games and got a vita this is a no-brainer. Definitely one of my favorite vita-titles and I see me going for Platinum.

Would love to get a good high rank party together to do the Cthonian + Cerberus mission one or two times. Need to get one more Vow of Love from that High Rank Cthonian and the random rooms I've gone into for it just haven't been able to to finish it.

I'm currently at university and will be home in about 3 hours - if you are willing to wait so long I would join in! Currently I'm at chapter 9 in MP and got rank 7 armor and weapons.

Seil

I am sorry, but how can I upgrade equipments so that they... transform into something else?

I am currently phase 7-3 MP and 6-ish SP... is it something that's unlocked later or is it something that I miss? I don't remember the game ever indicated that's it's possible to mutate/transform equipment into higher form..........

When you go to upgrade items, some have other options besides Fortify. These usually start as a ??? but are revealed when you've obtained the mats. Bloodhunter parts upgrade the Stygian weapons, for example.

CrovaxPSO

I'm in full rank 6 armor and a rank 6 bow, don't know if that's high enough to be useful.

Ogawa-san

I'm up, 8 weapon and armor. Not sure what's the deal with ragequittings, maybe it's because I main a bow now but I've found it a smaller Edax, mostly standing there and eating attacks.

ramyeon

I said this earlier already: if you dig hunting games and got a vita this is a no-brainer. Definitely one of my favorite vita-titles and I see me going for Platinum.

I'm currently at university and will be home in about 3 hours - if you are willing to wait so long I would join in! Currently I'm at chapter 9 in MP, hope that's enough.

I'm in full rank 6 armor and a rank 6 bow, don't know if that's high enough to be useful.
Sure is guys, I'm only in Phase 6 myself. Managed to pull it off with a few guys here before but it wasn't easy haha. I'll still be around in 3 hours for sure so I'm down then.
I'm up, 8 weapon and armor. Not sure what's the deal with ragequittings, maybe it's because I main a bow now but I've found it a smaller Edax, mostly standing there and eating attacks.
I think it's just the combination of the both of them at one time really, especially since most people are underprepared for it in random rooms.

If you guys wanna go now I can create a room.

ramyeon

At the same time?

Welp, can't be worse than Windshredder + Pyrogrinder...
It is pretty bad haha. The last group of GAFers I was with accidentally targeted Cthonian first and got him into his second form with Cerberus running around causing havoc. It was pretty intense haha.

Edit: Making a room now. GAF, 1234 as usual.

CrovaxPSO

Sure is guys, I'm only in Phase 6 myself. Managed to pull it off with a few guys here before but it wasn't easy haha. I'll still be around in 3 hours for sure so I'm down then.

I think it's just the combination of the both of them at one time really, especially since most people are underprepared for it in random rooms.

If you guys wanna go now I can create a room.

I'm up for giving it a go now.

RalchAC

It is pretty bad haha. The last group of GAFers I was with accidentally targeted Cthonian first and got him into his second form with Cerberus running around causing havoc. It was pretty intense haha.

Edit: Making a room now. GAF, 1234 as usual.

How far you're into the game?

ramyeon

Got the not all players ready bug :/ someone else wanna try reposting?

Edit: Looks like the party went ahead without me lol.

Ogawa-san

We had four at start and someone left, I thought you had internet issues.

Got Yamato Takeru from Cerberus (edit: also Minamoto no Tametomo). Also I love Niijima Yae's Greed, got a bunch of double drops in that fight. I'm up for it again, it wasn't that bad.

One question about multi, are items/shrines individual like small oni?

ramyeon

We had four at start and someone left, I thought you had internet issues.

Got Yamato Takeru from Cerberus. Also I love Niijima Yae's Greed, got a bunch of double drops in that fight. I'm up for it again, it wasn't that bad.

There's a common bug where when the quest taker tries to start the quest it says not everyone is ready and the quest taker has to leave. If you guys are up for more I do still need those mats.

JimPanzer

Blinking Items on the ground are definitely individual, I think shrines too. But I don't think small Onis are - it's just that they appear to be at slightly different places for each player, so it seems as if someone's hitting air. Not 100% sure on this though.

Tecmo EU confirmed the corrupted save data is fixed with 1.01. The patch is pretty much the same as for japan back then. They probably forgot the most important feature for this update to include it in the western release lol.

JimPanzer

Tecmo EU confirmed the corrupted save data is fixed with 1.01. The patch is pretty much the same as for japan back then. They probably forgot the most important feature for this update to include it in the western release lol.

btw. can we hope for a update of the MP netcode? I guess not, heh.

btw. can we hope for a update of the MP netcode? I guess not, heh.
Maybe but there are only 2 patches available for Japan and the second one just adds more dlc mitama support. That confirms they pretty much focus on kyoku for now.
I find this kinda funny and sad they released Toukiden with a known AND fixed bug here.

JimPanzer

Maybe but there are only 2 patches available for Japan and the second one just adds more dlc mitama support. That confirms they pretty much focus on kyoku for now.
I find this kinda funny and sad they released Toukiden with a known AND fixed bug here.

do you know if japan had the same problems with the MP?

Top Bottom