• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Shengar

You can. You just need to hit it right. I use sword and a vertical triangle attack hits it in just the right spot to target that horn, it's picky though. If you're a little off it'll just target his body.

Guys is Niijima Yae able to be acquired in game or is she pre order DLC only?

I posted here several pages back, so no. Since she's from Meiji era, you can find her on Age of Chaos.

Ogawa-san

Ah good, any idea which Oni and/or Age she was in?
I can't remember. Here it says it was chapter 7, mission 2, from a Razortalon. I killed a stupid lot for quests and to force Goldentalons to spawn, so that's probably it.

Viper Queen is weak to earth? But her gear is water type and the lowest defense is fire. Is it just an oddity, then?
No idea, I'm just relaying information I found elsewhere :p

I'm assuming that, if it differs from gear stats, it's been tested in practice.

Scher

Oh well, I guess it means more reading for me. Feel free to let me know if either of you try again later or something.

Beat single player today and reached Phase 4 in multiplayer.

I just noticed that I never received the trophy for completing Chapter 1 even though I have the medal for it. Side effect of transferring from the demo, I guess? I can always make a 2nd character to get it so it isn't a huge deal, just a little annoying.

ramyeon

Beat single player today and reached Phase 4 in multiplayer.

I just noticed that I never received the trophy for completing Chapter 1 even though I have the medal for it. Side effect of transferring from the demo, I guess? I can always make a 2nd character to get it so it isn't a huge deal, just a little annoying.
Just do the Manhunter quest in Chapter 1 again to get it.

ramyeon

I miss looking in my item chest in MH and seeing just how colorful it is with all the different items...

Its the little things in life.
I miss carving monsters and monster parts. The sound and animation of that knife cutting up the monster is much more satisfying than the purification stuff.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I miss cooking meat and the getting the satisfaction from cooking it just right.

MMM TASTY!

Also, having that grill that cooked 2 Raw meats at a time, and continuously was so OP.
Half the battle in Monster Hunter was getting ready for the hunt, prepping your potions your traps, even carrying items into the field to combine, just in case you run out of the ones you already had.

But hey, each game has its pros, I for one, love all the weapon designs and appreciate all the work that went into Mitamas. Reminds me of pokemon or getting Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and I like how each Mitama has its own story.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The inventory limit is a bummer. It makes me want to stop playing when I have to sell things after every mission.
Anybody know how to get the 750 item limit quest to show up?

Scher

Just to let everyone know, there is apparently an update now giving us the Soul Sacrifice cross over mission to fight Cerberus. The cross over mission can be accessed in the multiplayer lobby.

Woo. Just downloaded! Thanks. Time to check it out!

After playing for 20 hours, i just realized that you get some form of air control while doing air combos with the kusarigama. Probably other weapons with air combo will have this feature too.

LMN

Just to let everyone know, there is apparently an update now giving us the Soul Sacrifice cross over mission to fight Cerberus. The cross over mission can be accessed in the multiplayer lobby.

Downloaded! thank for the update, the Cerberus in this look a lot better than in SS

ramyeon

Awesome. Does it include the SS themed armour sets? I guess that'd be from Cerberus mats.

Edit: Anyone down for a few Cerberus rounds?

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Hmmm I seem to be getting a problem going online after getting the update. Maybe its just me..

Edit: Just kidding, the internet in my university is just terrible.

LMN

just fought Cerberus, pretty easy fight if you played SS before, it also seem to be slower too, but will try to build the spear =)

Korten

Banned
just fought Cerberus, pretty easy fight if you played SS before, it also seem to be slower too, but will try to build the spear =)

oooooh! The SS dlc is in the english version? Is that the same for all the DLC that came out for it?

man that was more fun than any fight in Soul Sac

dude near one shots me any time he touches me, dat Stygian hat showing it's age

e: ramyeon y u leave

LMN

oooooh! The SS dlc is in the english version? Is that the same for all the DLC that came out for it?

yeah its in English, don't get your second question, but I think (not sure) more DLC will come just like in Japan, but whether it will be free or not is another question.

ramyeon

man that was more fun than any fight in Soul Sac

dude near one shots me any time he touches me, dat Stygian hat showing it's age

e: ramyeon y u leave
Sorry bout that, wanted to check the blacksmith then I got a call from my girlfriend. I'm good to go now if you're still keen.

Guy gives heaps of money items so good. But I didn't get anything new at the blacksmith :/

Scher

Sorry bout that, wanted to check the blacksmith then I got a call from my girlfriend. I'm good to go now if you're still keen.

Guy gives heaps of money items so good. But I didn't get anything new at the blacksmith :/

Look at you, having a life and putting that before videogames.

I'd like to join with you again, and I think Pistolerio was wanting to do it, too, since they hopped in after you left. Do you want to make another room?

ramyeon

Look at you, having a life and putting that before videogames.

I'd like to join with you again, and I think Pistolerio was wanting to do it, too, since they hopped in after you left. Do you want to make another room?
Haha having a life is overrated when you just wanna slay :p

Sure thing I'll make it now.

Korten

Banned
yeah its in English, don't get your second question, but I think (not sure) more DLC will come just like in Japan, but whether it will be free or not is another question.

Oh well I was just wondering if the game already includes the other DLC. Since they came out with some new weapons, armors, and missions.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I got disconnected after a minute or two. I would love to join in but I'm afraid I'll only slow you down. l went into a random room and did the Chthonian + cerberus mission, and we didn't even last a minute.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I need to get an item called golden skull from the invisible enemy called Shadow soul, any tips to find this enemy?.

Everyone is so busy with Cerberus no one is answering.... But don't worry, I've been ignored too, hahaha.

It can appear anywhere anytime after certain conditions, such as 5 minutes map time, 8 minutes map time, boss at half health, boss dead, etc.

I found it on the very fist Jollux map when he is around 25-50% health. Just make sure to check your surroundings every once in a while with Eye of Truth when you battle a boss-type character.

wilflare

this game is packed with so much goodness
I hope I do go online soon to play with all of you

puzzles me why this game isn't taking off in Japan and moving more Vitas

ramyeon

Holy shit that was intense.

I wish there was a message system lol. Going for Cthonian first made that about 3 times harder then it should have been :p

Edit: You guys get Izanagi as well? Neat.

Scher

Holy shit that was intense.

I wish there was a message system lol. Going for Cthonian first made that about 3 times harder then it should have been :p

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. I should have focused more on Cerberus.

Edit: Also, yes, I got Izanagi as well.

ramyeon

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't really thinking about it at the time. I should have focused more on Cerberus.

Edit: Also, yes, I got Izanagi as well.
Haha no worries, although when he morphed into his second form I was like "Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit." I didn't have any heals left at that point :p

RalchAC

puzzles me why this game isn't taking off in Japan and moving more Vitas

Because it's on the PSP too. Still a new IP selling almost 400k units isn't that bad. Hope we hear some news about that Toukiden Extreme thing soon.

Hope it's PS3/4 + Vita. Online games perform much better on homeconsoles in the West as it's been already commented

Abylim

After beating Cerberus, the blacksmith has tons of new armor for me. Whats crazy is, it looks like its now showing me every armor craftable at the blacksmith. Most of it I have one or less parts for. wonder if its just a bug?

Everyone is so busy with Cerberus no one is answering.... But don't worry, I've been ignored too, hahaha.

It can appear anywhere anytime after certain conditions, such as 5 minutes map time, 8 minutes map time, boss at half health, boss dead, etc.

I found it on the very fist Jollux map when he is around 25-50% health. Just make sure to check your surroundings every once in a while with Eye of Truth when you battle a boss-type character.

Thanks you :)

Shengar

After beating Cerberus, the blacksmith has tons of new armor for me. Whats crazy is, it looks like its now showing me every armor craftable at the blacksmith. Most of it I have one or less parts for. wonder if its just a bug?

Same for me, and its Dreadhalf armor to boot, yes!

Top Bottom