• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Ogawa-san

Based on this awesome idea, I made a wallpaper with elemental vulnerabilities.
49evgLB.png
Edit: added elemental invulnerabilities as well.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Soo.... is this game fun if I'm only going to play single player? Because it looks pretty rad, and that soundtrack is amazing, from what I've heard. I can deal with some repetition.

Soo.... is this game fun if I'm only going to play single player? Because it looks pretty rad, and that soundtrack is amazing, from what I've heard. I can deal with some repetition.

I solo-ed MHFU all the way till end of G rank. And i love Toukiden! Toukiden is faster than MH though. At least you can play online for Toukiden.

I finally completed the main campaign. Time for High rank!

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Just letting y'all know, according to the Toukiden mitama list excel doc, it says that you get Hijikata Toshizo from defeating Night Blade, when I got him from defeating Hell's Warden.

Edit: Also, you fight Hell's Warden in the Age of Chaos, so I believe that Nightblade and Hell's Warden are switched in the that row.

I'm playing only SP right now and it's a lot of fun if you enjoy hunting games. The bots are decent and the learning curve isn't as steep as MH. I'm really happy with it, it's been a really nice surprise.

Of the 60 hours I put into the game were ca. 40 for SP - enjoyed each one of them.

I guess you have magic AI that actually collects parts then. Double monster fights with AI is me trying to solo collect everything while my AI sits there with their heads in their asses.

I wouldn't be playing sp at all if they didn't lock stuff behind it. Why is it so hard to just clone Monster Hunter's multiplayer functionality? They didn't fuck up as bad as SS, but they fucked up.

Yuterald

Got the full game, but read there's an exclusive mask from the demo? Apparently, you have to play with three different people to get it. This true? Is the mask cool? Played a bit of the demo first anyway and it's pretty cool. My god, the OST is incredible though.

krossj

I've had fun with the single player also. The AI is good for the most part. They collect parts while you can focus on the boss oni or run to help you when you start to collect parts.

But i've had similar experiences to stfuppercut when it comes to double monster fights. The AI partners run around mad when two monsters are on the screen. They also occasionally run after normal enemies instead of focusing on the boss.

They are good in most situations but slightly frustrating in others.

Ohnonono

I guess you have magic AI that actually collects parts then. Double monster fights with AI is me trying to solo collect everything while my AI sits there with their heads in their asses.

I wouldn't be playing sp at all if they didn't lock stuff behind it. Why is it so hard to just clone Monster Hunter's multiplayer functionality? They didn't fuck up as bad as SS, but they fucked up.

I have never had an issue with AI helping collect parts. The ninja fella helps cause he will usually do the thing that makes you invisible and then the sword chick seems to grab aggro. Great single player game.

Scher

I've had fun with the single player also. The AI is good for the most part. They collect parts while you can focus on the boss oni or run to help you when you start to collect parts.

But i've had similar experiences to stfuppercut when it comes to double monster fights. The AI partners run around mad when two monsters are on the screen. They also occasionally run after normal enemies instead of focusing on the boss.

They are good in most situations but slightly frustrating in others.

The effectiveness of the AI seems to be kind of random. Like, I generally don't have issues with the AI but sometimes the AI just makes me mad.

Yeah, that's fine AI, there's totally no need to help me purify Nightblade's tail or anything. Just let it grow back.

JimPanzer

well, I had this experience in multiplayer too ;)
sure, the AI can sometimes get frustrating but I never had to restart a SP mission apart from the solo mission and the last two missions

I also hvea no issues with ai. I have only played single player so far and I'm near the end of chapter 5 and having great fun.

Also what's wrong with this and ss's single player. Both are great. Is it just you want to be able to play it coop?

Personally I like have the two separate. Mainly because I like both styles.

Even when ai don't help collect parts they at least distract the boss so you can collect them.

killatopak

Gold Member
Just letting y'all know, according to the Toukiden mitama list excel doc, it says that you get Hijikata Toshizo from defeating Night Blade, when I got him from defeating Hell's Warden.

Edit: Also, you fight Hell's Warden in the Age of Chaos, so I believe that Nightblade and Hell's Warden are switched in the that row.

I see. I'll check this out later. Might be a translation error.

wilflare

I'm actually enjoying the SP. the AI seems to be pretty good.
yes, there are moments when they are not up to par.

but most of the time, they come and help you purify parts when you need them to.
if they aren't doing so, they are probably aggroing the boss

they are probably better than some real-life players XD

wilflare

btw can someone explain to me...
Boss Battles

there are moments where Oni body parts glow orange without the Eye of Truth ON
- what's the supposed to mean

and when you cut off parts, what should be your immediate priority?
- purify cut part?
- or inflict damage since its essence is now exposed?

and is there anyway to make purification faster?

killatopak

Gold Member
Boss Battles

- purify cut part?

It means that a gauntlet user used his triangle burning attack on it.

Purify most of the time but inflict damage if you can stun lock or trying to do a time attack.

When there are more people purifying the part, it goes faster.

Reknoc

Boss Battles

Probably means you're partying with someone who has cast a debuff on that part (furug fur... fist guy AI does that)

- purify cut part?

I go straight for the purification, or attack some other parts if the boss is stunned.

its faster if multiple party members help purify it, or if you have a Space type Mitama the triangle skill will also purify it. Deceit types can make it a bit easier with the invisibility skill.

wilflare

Probably means you're partying with someone who has cast a debuff on that part (furug fur... fist guy AI does that)

I go straight for the purification, or attack some other parts if the boss is stunned.

its faster if multiple party members help purify it, or if you have a Space type Mitama the triangle skill will also purify it. Deceit types can make it a bit easier with the invisibility skill.

thanks for the info guys! :D

hmm last but not least,
my Circle Sword skill - I notice after attacking the same part for awhile it goes from White to Yellow? what is that supposed to mean?

and unless I'm doing it totally wrong, there's no way to see that the boss is taking extra damage from elemental vulnerability right? (unlike SS)

krossj

The effectiveness of the AI seems to be kind of random. Like, I generally don't have issues with the AI but sometimes the AI just makes me mad.

Yeah, that's fine AI, there's totally no need to help me purify Nightblade's tail or anything. Just let it grow back.

yeah, early on I didn't have many problems at all apart from when they run away from the boss to take out a random imp or something. They are good at reviving and casting Vitality when I need it but as the game goes on and things become more hectic like the double monster quests they have been acting a lot more random.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
thanks for the info guys! :D

hmm last but not least,
my Circle Sword skill - I notice after attacking the same part for awhile it goes from White to Yellow? what is that supposed to mean?

and unless I'm doing it totally wrong, there's no way to see that the boss is taking extra damage from elemental vulnerability right? (unlike SS)

Like I've said before that digital instruction manual (red little book with the question mark at the top before you start up the game) really comes in handy ;)

The orange stuff comes from a gauntlet user, where "the body part attacked will become red hot and it will be easier to inflict damage on it. If you continue attacking it will become even hotter."

As for the sword skill it increases your attack range and inflicts stab wounds on the body part attacked. When you attack a certain body part repeatedly it will turn yellow to red and even purple (I believe, I'm more of a gauntlet user than a sword user maybe someone else can confirm this) and when you release gouge (press circle for the second time to end it) the attack will be even more powerful on that body part.

I haven't noticed if the boss shows that its taking extra damage, maybe its one of those particle effects or streaks or whatever that come from landing a strike?

Also to answer one of your original questions, on what your priority should be after destroying a body part is just dependant on your goals. If your goal is to get more body parts and get their materials and even get the all body parts destroyed bonus, then purify should be priority. If your goal is speed, and want to get the speed bonus than priority is probably to keep on attacking. Keep in mind that the more body parts are purified, the more of its essence is exposed, making it easier to lower its health.

ramyeon

Soo, just discovered the amazingness of SPT.

Whats good stats for it? Attack up is just for our attack right, not for Mitama abilities? So I'd want things like Fountain Bolster and the like?

Kind of annoying that I cant make pursuit or eruption target some parts, like the horn on Night/Sableblade, but fountain is amazing!
You can. You just need to hit it right. I use sword and a vertical triangle attack hits it in just the right spot to target that horn, it's picky though. If you're a little off it'll just target his body.

Guys is Niijima Yae able to be acquired in game or is she pre order DLC only?

LMN

Hey guys, on phase 5 going to fight
King chimera
if anybody want to join, I will wait for bout 10 min

room Toukidengaf
pass vitagaf

ramyeon

Internet got disconnected, so sorry Ramyeon, we almost beat the boss, I will set up the room again soon
No worries, he had so little health by the time you got DCed he was easy to take down haha. He also froze in one spot for awhile when it happened :p

LMN

No worries, he had so little health by the time you got DCed he was easy to take down haha. He also froze in one spot for awhile when it happened :p

yeah u right, after a few hit and he k.o, Im going set up the room again =)

room toukidengaf
pass vitagaf

Scher

yeah u right, after a few hit and he k.o, Im going set up the room again =)

room toukidengaf
pass vitagaf

Do you still have any spots open? I could use a break from reading reports and would like to join for a little bit.

LMN

Can you make the room again LMN? If Scher can join then 3 is always better than 2!

ok i will create the room again, same name and pass

edit: it's alright i will create the room

edit2: just created the room

toukidengaf

pass vitagaf

edit3: @krossj ok cos =)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally beat ch7 on single player and finished the campaign. Did it with 15 minutes to skate with this build:

BhMOz57CAAAmZit.jpg

BhMO3yiCIAAsvFh.jpg

Anybody know how to get the ch1 trophy to pop? Mine didn't for some reason.

Top Bottom