• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2011 Official Thread (July 2-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Schlecks and Contador need to attack over and over the next two days if they are going to unhinge Evans. Evans biggest weakness is that he can't change speed as fast on accents as the others, attacking him once or twice and just allowing him to find his speed will result in them filling the minor places on Sunday.

That being said as an Australian I desperately want Evans him to win! Though I'm a bit disappointed in the other Aussies this year, none of them have even been near a breakaway, in fact I don't even think Simon Gerrans has even be mentioned by a commentator yet.

Wait Voekler on the attack!

Edit: Back Now, but very cheeky!

Tarazet

Posthuma and Monfort are ahead, I'm sure Andy has gone up to join them and use their services.. beautifully planned.

Leonsito

And Contador tells his team mate to stop leading the group, huge balls, waiting for Evans to react.

1.20" for Andy

Edit: 2 minutes now

Leonsito

Wes said:
How did A Schleck get 2 minutes? Just an attack on the descent was it?

He attacked with 60km left, climbed on his own, 2 minutes on the top and regrouped with Monfort (who was ahead) for the descent, he got 30+ seconds descending.

Wes

venison crêpe
CmvDU.jpg

Leonsito

Terrific effort by Andy.

And I think Contador will attack as soon as the hard part starts, he can lose time to Andy, but has to recover a lot of time to Evans.

Leonsito

Tarazet said:
Andy has 3'45 at the foot of the Galibier, and growing. The bunch isn't well organized.

Yeah, in this terrain a huge group should have cut at least one minute, horrible work there.

RustyO

Shocked at the disorganisation of the peloton in the chase... wonder if Andy can hold that 4 minutes?

And what is the plan of Contador and Sanchez? They had a nice little chit chat earlier.

confuziz

Banned
RustyO said:
Shocked at the disorganisation of the peloton in the chase... wonder if Andy can hold that 4 minutes?

And what is the plan of Contador and Sanchez? They had a nice little chit chat earlier.

Sanchez doesn't care really.

Leonsito

This is stupid, Contador leads the group, Evans doesn't want to help him, Contador goes to the back to the group saying fuck off to everyone., and Evans starts to yell at Voeckler.

... fuck you guys, way to lose the tour.

Excellent stage today!

Even if Schleck wins, the Alpe d'huez is tomorrow and one of his other rivals might have something stored up for then.

Great cycling though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom