• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoetic

Banned
Kitsuné;171288497 said:
He lost Renshaw, so he couldn't get an optimal leadout. Looked good for Cav up until 600m

What a great sprint by Greipel! And Sagan with an amazing jump, but too late ...

Yup, he was stuck behind (boxed in) another rider together with Greipel and Sagan, but Greipel found a spot and got free. Bad luck for Cav on today's sprint for sure.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
All in all a pretty exciting ending to a boring stage.

Tomorrow's stage promises to be more eventful!

Linius

If we're to believe Degenkolb's team mates tomorrow's finish is a tiny bit upwards which should be ideal for him. They expect another sprint anyways.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Damn, Orica really can't catch a break... Now Albasini has left the tour with a broken arm. They only have 6 riders left now, after Gerrans and Impie had to give up after a crash two days ago. And one of those 6 still in the race is Matthews, who was really struggling today (with a broken rib amongst other injuries).

Kabouter

I don't know what the point is for Matthews to keep going tbh, just retire and try to recover as quickly as possible. It's not like he's going to be winning anything with a broken rib.

Linius

I suppose they take some pride in not giving up. But yeah, it seems a better idea to just leave and recover. The season won't wait for him, there's more to come after the Tour.

waypoetic

Banned
Yeah they should probably pull out. I'd miss they're video diaries though! Always enjoy watching their videos on YouTube, such a great team spirit within that team. Really puts a smile on your face.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I don't know what the point is for Matthews to keep going tbh, just retire and try to recover as quickly as possible. It's not like he's going to be winning anything with a broken rib.

I think yesterday they were riding past the Australian WW1 War Memorial.

Orica had on special commemorative uniforms and everything. Perhaps that's why he pushed on?

I have a feeling he'll pull out now.

Ruruja

Don't forgot Sagan the way Cav is Sagan is beating him fair and square.

Indeed, Sagan should have won yesterday with that closing speed - he's done really great at this tour so far. This is how we expected him to be when he burst on to the scene a few years ago, I hope he keeps it up.

ORICA Green-Edge is "far from finished" in the TdF says Matt White.

I know Simon Yates has never done a full grand tour before, but I hoped they'd have aimed for high GC position with him, especially after his form at the Dauphiné. Instead they focussed on stage wins.

Kabouter

Today is probably the last day with Kelderman in the race apparently. His back seems to suffer more every day from the falls he had in stages 2 and 3.

Linius

He's been struggling ever since. Yesterday he also came in with the last guys if I'm not mistaken. It's probably for the better.

Ruruja

Kitsuné;171392446 said:
I'm just tuning in now, did anything exciting happen already ?

Teklahaimanot just got the first ever KOTM jersey for Africa. Nothing else really happened yet.

Linius

Yep, looks like Martin is out.

Due to the confusion I'm not sure where Mollema and Gesink were in the end?

EDIT

Ah Gesink finished in 12th position

Watched the last 45 km. They are in my hometown. I can hear the people cheering and the heli over my head. I can't get out to watch it but so fun to see my town on tv

Ruruja

Who was the Sky guy who stayed up after Nibali hit him? Looked like Froome. Could have been an expensive crash, looks like Nibali is okay too.

Stybar was a surprise winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom