• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Yeah, it's just really hard to get it right. I bet if you're out there you're just afraid to go too late (like Sagan who almost caught with Greipel a few days back) which often results in going too soon. Having a good team helps of course.

waypoetic

Banned
Kitsuné;171503080 said:
Especially today — the sprint was on a slight (4%) climb.

And yet the Manxman won. Mark did a supberb job today. So happy for him and the team.

SPTDW6047-660x440.jpg

kottila

Kristoff can't get the timing right, first the team drops him off too early and now his leadout men goes too slow and blocks him, so he had to accelerate in the climb when the others were at full speed. His legs dosen't look too fresh either. Degenkolb hasn't been successfull either. Hard being a tough classics rider in tdf bunch sprints

Joni

Always happy to see that Ettix-jersey get the win. Hopefully Cavendish is launched now and he gets the final two sprints too.

waypoetic

Banned
So, as I said, I'm a huge Quick Step fan. :) Omega Pharma was souch easier to write than Etixx.

Ah, OPQS, it rolled off the tounge much easier! Atleast in my native language... Took some getting used to though, saying EQS instead of OPQS. Etixx is a much better fit for them anyways, so it changed for the better.

Linius

I had to put up with following Rabobank for years. Shitty bank. I'm glad that changed after the whole druggy debacle.

waypoetic

Banned
I had to put up with following Rabobank for years. Shitty bank. I'm glad that changed after the whole druggy debacle.

This is news to me. When i hear Rabobank i only think of Rabobank-Liv and then i start thinking about Pauline Ferrand Prevot...

tumblr_ldquqdXT1r1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

Marry me pls

Linius

This is news to me. When i hear Rabobank i only think of Rabobank-Liv and then i start thinking about Pauline Ferrand Prevot...

tumblr_ldquqdXT1r1qacyk6o1_500.jpg

Marry me pls

Oh my, she's cute

And I had no idea Rabo were still a thing in cycling. Thought they stopped sponsering as a whole.

And I'm very biased against them mostly due to my mom working for their biggest rival. There's always been some tension between my mum's bank and them. At her old office she used to have a Rabobank across the street and there was a lot of banter between the two.

Linius

I like how Rabobank exited the sport just as doping was becoming less of a topic.

Yeah, it wasn't like it was news to anyone. But with all the important Rabo members doing epo I guess they felt like they had no choice.

In the end it's always a gamble to attach your company's name to someone or a team.

Kristoff can't get the timing right, first the team drops him off too early and now his leadout men goes too slow and blocks him, so he had to accelerate in the climb when the others were at full speed. His legs dosen't look too fresh either. Degenkolb hasn't been successfull either. Hard being a tough classics rider in tdf bunch sprints

I'd like to see Kristoff with a proper train. I think he has the legs to contend every sprint, but he has to go it alone for so much of the final few meters. I know he can do what Sagan has done and just follow another train, but shit gets dicey in the back.

The TTT should be very interesting. IMO Sky and BMC are built much better than Tinkoff, Movistar and Astana are for that event. It would be something if Sky and BMC opened up the lead further for TvG and Froome over Nibali and Quintana (already around 90 seconds) and got more gap over Contador.

Linius

I hope the Lotto's can keep up in the TTT. Gesink is looking in great shape so far, hopefully we'll arrive at the mountains not too far behind.

Kabouter

Yeah, it wasn't like it was news to anyone. But with all the important Rabo members doing epo I guess they felt like they had no choice.

In the end it's always a gamble to attach your company's name to someone or a team.

Yeah, it's just entertaining to me that they left just before the sport got some credibility again and would have been a positive boost to their brand.

Joni

It is also just cocaine. You don't actually become a better cyclist and it is 'legal' outside the season.

Linius

Yeah, but considering it's not allowed during races you must be pretty fucking stupid to use it during the biggest race of the year. Sometimes I have no idea what goes on in their heads.

waypoetic

Banned
Yeah, but considering it's not allowed during races you must be pretty fucking stupid to use it during the biggest race of the year. Sometimes I have no idea what goes on in their heads.

I saw someone post the velonews article that he shouldn't "party after races like that". That dude have no idea how drugs affect the system if he thinks that Luka took the cocaine to party...

EDIT:

Oh boy, the last climb of tomorrow's race should be fun...

The Mûr de Bretagne has an average gradient of 6.8 percent over 2.2 kilometers, with sections of more than 10 percent

5941096756_74d471fe7e.jpg

Joni

It would be really stupid, but it stays in the system for a couple of days. It might have been just before.

Joni

I thought cocaine only stayed in your system for about 3 days.
Two to four days, with the positive test being on the 7th. It could have been a test in the morning, so the Thursday/Friday before could be possible. But he denied taking coke against his teammates, so it could be accidental. Belgian judoka Charline Van Snick managed to get cleared of cocaine usage by tests on her hair despite having it in her urine.

Joni

Guys could someone update me on what I've missed since last week?
Like the major events
Cancellera and Martin gone. Belgian teams ruling the Tour. French possible Tour winners have been humiliated already despite this being called the perfect Tour for them.

Hmmmm cocaine can stay in your system for longer then 4 days. regular use of cocaine could leave traces up to 3 or 4 weeks depending on frequency of use.
theres a big article on froome in belgian newspaper titled how a skeleton can win the tour. Apparently froom has a new kind of energy drink that works much better and helps to lose weight and is developed by oxford university.

Haha there u go..knew u would get mad again. Nice try but i m not bodyshaming any1 its the title of the article man. And no its not just any newspaper either.
oh still waiting btw on whats your definition of a cyclist and why you are one and im not?

Joni

Lol at "skeleton"...

I'm gonna go bodyshame sumo wrestlers, brb!

If we can complain about models being too skinny, why not about sporters who are hailed as healthy role models? And let's be honest, compare Froome to the Ullrich generation and it is even more pronounced. They are approaching lethal fat mass. You need about 5% fat to live, they are at 6 or less.

Damn, that doesn't look healthy
well if we can blieve waypoetic that is perfectly normal for a cyclist and we dont know shit. Little does he know i watched my first tdf when hinault and lemond were fighting for victory.
i have never seen any pro cyclist with a body like that

waypoetic

Banned
Haha there u go..knew u would get mad again. Nice try but i m not bodyshaming any1 its the title of the article man. And no its not just any newspaper either.
oh still waiting btw on whats your definition of a cyclist and why you are one and im not?
When i was talking about non-cyclists i wasn't talking about you. And yes, as a cyclist and as someone who's naturally skinny it's tiresome to listen to people who talk about us as "skeletons" etc. I focus more on my legs and core than my arms. But don't fucking call me an anorexic or a skeleton.

EDIT: Stay classy by the way. If you want a beef I'm not gonna care.

U seem insecure....i never called u anything. I dont care about beef. I posted about these pics to start discussion and u reply as if stung by a bee.

Linius

Let's all be m8's, no need to get personal in a Tour de France thread.

I'll just say Froome looks freakishly thin but I'm sure he's living within human boundaries considering he's a professional sportsman with a dedicated medical team around him.

Joni

When i was talking about non-cyclists i wasn't talking about you. And yes, as a cyclist and as someone who's naturally skinny it's tiresome to listen to people who talk about us as "skeletons" etc. I focus more on my legs and core than my arms. But don't fucking call me an anorexic or a skeleton.

EDIT: Stay classy by the way. If you want a beef I'm not gonna care.
If you look at Tony Martin, Mark Cavendish, Zdenek Stybar, Andre Greipel, Rohan Dennis and Joaquim Rodríguez you're seeing healthy people. I don't have that impression if I look at Froome.

If you get at levels that people are wondering if it is liveable, than there is a problem. If you get at levels where your food is a specialized liquid that costs €2700, than you have problem.

Yeh im worried froome gonna fly over the mountains and this is gonna become the new standard, secret drinks and all that included.
I dont wanna see nibs become like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom