• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us: "Buy 2 games, get 1 free" deal

border

But what about Mom & Dad who go in and get Little Jimmy 3 games. What if he doesn't want one? He'll take it back and they'll say "You'll need to give us $17 to exchange for another game."
Well then Little Jimmy is going to get fucked like a 10 year old in Bogeyker's bathtub.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
3248019.gif

"C'mon, gimme a poke at that pucker!"

border

Seriously, why does everyone care about this Little Jimmy kid?

"What if Little Jimmy doesn't get the game he wants?"

"What if Little Jimmy can't get his console online?"

"What if Little Jimmy doesn't get the right color of GBA?"

We have been catering to this fucker for years. I say it's about time that Little Jimmy learns to take it like a man.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
border said:
Seriously, why does everyone care about this Little Jimmy kid?

"What if Little Jimmy doesn't get the game he wants?"

"What if Little Jimmy can't get his console online?"

"What if Little Jimmy doesn't get the right color of GBA?"

We have been catering to this fucker for years. I say it's about time that Little Jimmy learns to take it like a man.
Hey, I agree! But we were all Little Jimmy once.

If I had my way, the gaming industry would cater more to me. I would've given up the US release of every single Square RPG from the PSX era, for a US release of Vib-Ribbon and an unedited UmJammer Lammy. But, see, that would really piss people off. ;)

demi

YOU SURE PISSED ME OFF

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT DOG

GUSHING FOUNTAIN LAD

UGLY BRITNEY SPEARS

OWNED IMAGE

FnordChan

Lambtron said:
If I had my way, the gaming industry would cater more to me. I would've given up the US release of every single Square RPG from the PSX era, for a US release of Vib-Ribbon and an unedited UmJammer Lammy. But, see, that would really piss people off. ;)

Fuck 'em. Vib-Ribbon is more important than the feelings of Square fans.

FnordChan

atomsk

Party Pooper
Jagernaut said:
Is Toys r Us going to carry Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne? I want this as one of my 3 games.

for what it's worth, they sent us the empty clamshells at my TRU, but the game hasnt come in (and probably won't, but that happens at my store alot)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
FnordChan said:
Fuck 'em. Vib-Ribbon is more important than the feelings of Square fans.

FnordChan
I was just covering my ass! ;) Square should've brought iS over to the states, while we're at it. Goddammit.

awe man, too many games i want after this deal....

ahh well, guess il have to just use it for the games that are out now....probably will only spend 100 this time instead of 300 like last time.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Ristamar said:
I saw that a lot of games at TRU are green-tagged at 50% off. Is that deal supposed to last into this 3-for-2 sale?

The green tag goes until the stuff is all gone.
The question is whether or not it will be valid for the BTGO

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ferrio said:
So does this mean amazon.com or whatever offers the deal?

I think I read somewhere that the online site will be doing the deal, so yeah it should work with amazon.com

Tsubaki

Lambtron said:
I would've given up the US release of every single Square RPG from the PSX era, for a US release of Vib-Ribbon and an unedited UmJammer Lammy. But, see, that would really piss people off. ;)

Unedited Umjammer? What was edited in the US one? *hugs Jp copy*

bridegur

I know that I'll be getting GTA:SA and Sly 2 for sure, but what should be my third game? I'm thinking Tak 2, does anyone know if it's good?

outrun 2
kingdom under fire
and something else (i dont know)

paper mario 2
tales of symphonia
and something else (i dont know)

thats what il be getting

Wario64 said:
I think I read somewhere that the online site will be doing the deal, so yeah it should work with amazon.com

If we do it ONline with Amazon or Toys R Us.....will we have to enter some coupon code or something? or will it just do it automatically?

I think im gonna have to do this online this year cause THe Toys R Us I goto now (the one in Time Square) Believe it or not....has a SHITTY game cube selection.

and they charge 54.99 for tales of symphonia when toysrus.com charges 49.99

peace

Jumpman

I have at least 15 games lined up for purchase in this deal, but I'm worried that they won't have most of them in stock. The Toys 'R' Us stores in SoCal have been so poorly stocked for the last year or two.

What they usually have there is some, but not all new releases, and then the rest is games that don't sell( Mary Kate and Ashley: Sweet 16, I'm looking at you). Toy's 'R' Us used to be a great place for videogames, but no more. :( Still, I'll be scouring the aisles of every TRU store within reasonable driving distance come Sunday! :D

AniHawk

Jumpman said:
I have at least 15 games lined up for purchase in this deal, but I'm worried that they won't have most of them in stock. The Toys 'R' Us stores in SoCal have been so poorly stocked for the last year or two.

What they usually have there is some, but not all new releases, and then the rest is games that don't sell( Mary Kate and Ashley: Sweet 16, I'm looking at you). Toy's 'R' Us used to be a great place for videogames, but no more. :( Still, I'll be scouring the aisles of every TRU store within reasonable driving distance come Sunday! :D

Do those include the Azusa/Covina and Pomona stores?

Tsubaki said:
Unedited Umjammer? What was edited in the US one? *hugs Jp copy*

In the JP version, Lammy dies and goes to hell, which she has to escape. In the US version, hell has been re-skinned to look like a random tropical island, even though there's still a lot of "hellish" imagery.

BuddyC

memorandum said:
In the JP version, Lammy dies and goes to hell, which she has to escape. In the US version, hell has been re-skinned to look like a random tropical island, even though there's still a lot of "hellish" imagery.
Among other things. The lyrics were changed there, and also in the chainsaw song.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Fixed2BeBroken said:
and they charge 54.99 for tales of symphonia when toysrus.com charges 49.99
peace

Yep, that is called a "sub-market" store. My store is exactly like that. On some things they charge 10% more because of a small market and they need to gain a little bit extra (which on games is rediculous and stupid). However, I can't believe Times Square needing to be a sub-market store.....

Are some games there priced at like $21.99, $32.99, and $43.99 also?

border

Sp3eD said:
However, I can't believe Times Square needing to be a sub-market store.....
Uhhh, the rent they pay is probably 10 times that of an average TRU store, so I can understand the markup.

border said:
Uhhh, the rent they pay is probably 10 times that of an average TRU store, so I can understand the markup.

Which, as far as I'm concerned, is easily made up from the profits from that huge ferris wheel in the middle of the store.

Jumpman

AniHawk said:
Do those include the Azusa/Covina and Pomona stores?

Yes, Azusa TRU has been particularly bad as of late. I do most of my game shopping elsewhere now, so I don't get over there as much as I used to, but in the handfull of times that i've visited in the last year, things have been getting progressively worse. I haven't been there since late August/early September, so I'm crossing my fingers that they have begun to stock up for the upcoming holiday season, and maybe have a decent selection of games from late 2003 to mid 2004.

I don't often head out to Pomona ( although it's not really that far), so I can't give you details on that store. Maybe I should check it out.

Monrovia is also bad, but not quite as bad as Azusa. Rosemead used to be good, but they closed. :( It's possible that Industry, Alhambra, or Montebello could be better, as I rarely visit those locations.

I think I'll do some calling around on Saturday to form a good plan of attack for Sunday. I hate driving to a store or two, only to find that they have nothing that I want.

raYne

Headed to my local TRU yesterday to check out my possible options. While I was there they recieved 8 HUGE boxes of games so I'm sure they'll be well prepared for the sale next week.

However, I asked the lady behind the counter if she knew when the BTGO sale was going to start just to be sure and not surprisingly she had no idea. :lol So I asked for MK Deception Kollectors Edition for Xbox so I didn't feel like I wasted the trip there. She then asks me if that's the $50 one or the $60... (wtf?) So I told her I wasn't sure, but it would probably be the shiny one with "Kollectors Edition" written on it.

Lee-T

I forget the amount but the New York store actually operates on a loss. Even with the higher prices they don't turn a profit. They basically use it for advertising and having a flagship store.

atomsk

Party Pooper
for those of you wondering if you'll be able to find 'lesser known' titles... let me give you an example of this morning... we got in our CFC boxes, which is always restock, and often they send you stuff that came out the week before that just never came in.

so we got 1(!) copy of each of these... SMT:N, KOF MI, and SVCX

no sign of alien hominid yet.

edit: and KOF had the bonus disc, and SMT had the soundtrack, for those wondering

Top Bottom