• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us: "Buy 2 games, get 1 free" deal

raYne

Dave Long said:
Someone has probably seen the real ad by now. Anyone with a scan yet?
The ad always comes in the Saturday paper (here at least), so unless someone works/heads down to TRU they won't have it yet... and that's IF it's even available. Considering atomsk's post, I'd figure not.

Dave Long

Banned
The ads are typically a Sunday paper thing (if your paperboy is cool, he might drop off the ad part on Saturday) but the newspapers have them by today because they're already printing to meet their Sunday deadlines. They do all the ads way ahead and usually by Thursday we can see scans of an ad from someone with connections. That's why Wario64 is already posting Best Buy's deals this weekend. The Best Buy ad is already hitting the papers and going into print for the weekend. The only part of the Sunday paper printed on Saturday night/Sunday morning is the news part.

raYne

Oh I never suggested otherwise... I'm simply saying that they(the ads) weren't available to the public yet, hence they being MIA. I thought my post was pretty clear.

tuco11

So has this new return policy actually been confirmed yet? Or should I expect business as usual with my unopened games when I get Halo2 and Ratchet UYA.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to go on tuesday or wednesday and try and get GTA:SA, Paper Mario, and a Second GTA:SA for a friend.

I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here again...

I know for the store deal you can buy two $50 games and get a $40 game for free, but does online work like this too?

Megat0n

adscan.JPG

Fowler

FortNinety said:
I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here again...

I know for the store deal you can buy two $50 games and get a $40 game for free, but does online work like this too?

There was a thread with links posted to the various categories (GC 19.99, 29.99, etc) and my understanding is you have to make sure all three come from the same category. Oddly enough despite being labelled as 29.99 or whatever, there are cheaper games in those categories -- I clicked the 29.99 one and scored Wario World and Mario Golf at 19.99 each and Harvest Moon (29.99) was my free game. My order shipped, too, so it works!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
tubtub said:
I know this has already been posted, but I have the info too along with the rest of the ad. It is mix and match on all PS2, XB, and GC games(NO GBA are part of the sale...I didn't leave them out). This year they are being strict about everything(similar to last years, but they really want stores to follow it now). For TRU employees, the store director should know of the policy but I think it will be in an e-mail or map later. It's not valid on previous purchases, its up to store discretion to limit quantities(no buying 3 of the same title), and if you return a game you can only exchange it for a game that came out before 10/30 or get $33 credit towards another game. Edit - YMMV on all those rules. I'm sure some stores will be nice about exchanging.

TRU is also changing their price match policy. Now you only have 14 days after you buy something to come back to the store with another store's ad and get the price difference. And they are not matching any ads at all for the Thursday-Sunday of Thanksgiving.

Here's the rest of the 10/24 ad:
XB Action Replay $19.99(reg $29.99)
XB Starter Kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
XB Pro Gamers Bundle $29.99(reg. $59.99)
XB Cyberpad 2 $9.99(reg. $19.99)
PS2 mini wireless controller $29.99(reg. $39.99)
PS2 Starter kit $19.99(reg. $29.99)
GBA SP Ultimate Pack $39.99(Reg. $49.99)
GC G force controller black, orange, purple, or indigo $9.99(reg. $14.99)
And of course the Buy 2 get 1 free deal(which is probably the only one most people will use)

Edit - It is online, too, but it says something like see online for online offer. I know last year it was slightly different online. I think it only let you get 3 $40 games or 3 $50 games and you couldn't mix and match $40 and $50 titles, and it wasn't valid on all titles, only a selection of titles.

If you return an item with a gift receipt, each game will show up as $33 with the gift receipt. Now you may get lucky and they may let you do an even exchange for another game, but they are supposed to either tell you that you only get $33 back since the person bought it as part of a sale(if you want store credit), or they may allow you to trade it for a game that was already released before the sale ended(there's no way you'd get $50 credit back, the best they'd do is let you get another $50 game that came out before 10/30).

Eligible games list now added (ripped from SD and reformatted)
Not sure if this is just for online or what, but here it is:
Right click here and select "Save target as".

Online codes (added by cheapyd)

GameCube

Buy two GameCube games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE7999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE2999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE3999
Buy two GameCube games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGGMCBE4999

PlayStation2

Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV7999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV2999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV3999
Buy two PlayStation2 games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGPS2GV4999

Xbox

Buy two Xbox games priced at $19.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG7999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $29.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG2999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $39.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG3999
Buy two Xbox games priced at $49.99, get a third one free. Promotional code: RTGXBXVG4999

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, I might have to take advantage of this deal...

GTA-SA + Outrun 2 + [something else]

Hmm...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
You guys better get your butts to TRU and get the games you want now...they may not be there come Sunday. The woman who rang me up said that she had several people come in today and throughout the week getting stuff early. She said that everyone seemed to be getting Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and Donkey Konga as their 3 games. A lot of people pre-ordered GTA:SA for the sale as well. Also, if you buy them early DON'T OPEN THEM!!! You will have to be able to return them (and then repurchase them) in order to take part in the deal since it doesn't apply to previous purchases.

I just came back from my local TRU and picked up:

Paper Mario 2 (last one)
Pikmin 2 (3 copies left)
GTA:SA (pre-order)
Megaman X Command Mission (plenty left)
Donkey Konga (last one)
Pokemon Colloseum (plenty left)

atomsk

Party Pooper
heh, we've got like, 26 paper mario, 12 konga and 14 or so pikmin 2.

but then again, my store doesnt do much game buisiness

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Yeah, I found the box of ad's today at wok and made sure to look for any stipulations. Apparently there are none. You can freely mix systems games and it includes green tag (Half off) games.

That is great for people wanting to rape the PS1 collections as you can get games for like $5-$10 green tagged.

Mashing

JC10001 said:
You guys better get your butts to TRU and get the games you want now...they may not be there come Sunday. The woman who rang me up said that she had several people come in today and throughout the week getting stuff early. She said that everyone seemed to be getting Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and Donkey Konga as their 3 games. A lot of people pre-ordered GTA:SA for the sale as well. Also, if you buy them early DON'T OPEN THEM!!! You will have to be able to return them (and then repurchase them) in order to take part in the deal since it doesn't apply to previous purchases.

I just came back from my local TRU and picked up:

Paper Mario 2 (last one)
Pikmin 2 (3 copies left)
GTA:SA (pre-order)
Megaman X Command Mission (plenty left)
Donkey Konga (last one)
Pokemon Colloseum (plenty left)

I thought the deal wasn't in effect until the 24th?

Alcibiades

I think they are buying them with the intention of doing returns at the Customer Service Counter, then rebuying the games with the coupon...

Dave Long

Banned
Um... I read this...

You will have to be able to return them (and then repurchase them) in order to take part in the deal since it doesn't apply to previous purchases.

...and it sounds to me like if you bought them today hoping to come back in and get one free, you're totally screwed, dude. Why would they do a return next week, give you your money back and then let you get one free? Makes no sense. Previous purchases are previous purchases...

Alcibiades

Dave Long said:
Um... I read this...

...and it sounds to me like if you bought them today hoping to come back in and get one free, you're totally screwed, dude. Why would they do a return next week, give you your money back and then let you get one free? Makes no sense. Previous purchases are previous purchases...
I think that if they are opened that would be the case...

If they are still sealed it's not like they could stop you from returning it with a reciept.

You could just return it, and then use the coupon...

I wouldn't try it though cause my TRU has plenty of games, don't even know if I'm doing the deal this year (no interest in Paper Mario 2 right now)...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Dave Long said:
Um... I read this...

Their store policy states that they accept returns on unopened merchandise within X number of days. Its on the receipt. By law they cannot stop me from returning the games. After returning the items the "previous purchase" is gone. When I rebuy the games it is a new purchase.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They also have a policy of 30 days if it is in an ad cheaper you get it for that price. Thus anybody buying them now would only have to bring their receipt in on the 24th and they would get their $50 back. You wouldn't even need the items.

Also efralope, you need no coupon. Everything is done on the register.

So if you have the money to burn for a week, go buy them now and come in on the 24th. Might save you disapointment.

PS: BTW, why are all you guys going after GC games? You guys do know you can mix and match games on other systems. Buy 2 GC games, get a Xbox one free. No need to limit yourself to 3 on the same system.

Son of Godzilla said:
Ok. Is there anything at all decent on GC for $50 besides Pikmin2/PM2/DK? Because I've got no desire to get DK.

im kinda in your shoes too

i have no desire for pikman 2 and donkey konga..

i will be getting paper mario 2 and tales of symphonia....but other than that....i dont know what else to get.

only other gc game i want right now doesnt come out till january (re 4)

<Edit> holy crap...viewtiful joe 2 comes out nov 18..and i cant forget about mp2.

hmmmm....

may need to get soemthing to take to walmart....

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Fixed2BeBroken said:
im kinda in your shoes too

i have no desire for pikman 2 and donkey konga..

i will be getting paper mario 2 and tales of symphonia....but other than that....i dont know what else to get.

only other gc game i want right now doesnt come out till january (re 4)

Remember you can mix and match between all 3 systems. Why not pick up GTA:SA, Ace Combat 5, or R&C3 instead of another GC game?

JC10001 said:
Remember you can mix and match between all 3 systems. Why not pick up GTA:SA, Ace Combat 5, or R&C3 instead of another GC game?

man...ever since my ps2 got stolen, i havent been buying ps2 games cause...well...dont wanna buy another ps2.

not even the new slick one (even tho i was so tempted.)

im gonna just hold out on ps2 for the rest of the gen and get ps3 then pick up older ps2 games for cheap.

but yea, i may get another xbox game to go with the gc games....either that or just buy 2 paper mario 2s and ts and then turn one in for Vj2 or MP2 at walmart. :D

peace

dark10x

I wonder if I can still pre-order GTA-SA? Outrun 2 comes out next week as well, right? (officially, that is)

Perhaps I can go pre-order those two titles just to be safe? Hopefully...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
dark10x said:
I wonder if I can still pre-order GTA-SA? Outrun 2 comes out next week as well, right? (officially, that is)

Perhaps I can go pre-order those two titles just to be safe? Hopefully...

That's what I did. Glad I did it too since BB's deal on GTASA sucks (instead of selling it for $40 they are letting you get a greatest hit for $5 when you buy GTASA for $50....screw that).

dark10x

JC10001 said:
That's what I did. Glad I did it too since BB's deal on GTASA sucks (instead of selling it for $40 they are letting you get a greatest hit for $5 when you buy GTASA for $50....screw that).

How does their pre-order system work? How much money do you need to throw down (if any at all)?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
dark10x said:
How does their pre-order system work? How much money do you need to throw down (if any at all)?

$5 guarantees your copy the day it arrives. They give you a receipt and a little slip that says you owe $44.99. But since it comes out next week you can use it towards the deal.

JC10001 said:

DAMMIT

forgot about that game too....

omg im getting Raped....TOOOOO many games coming out now...wtf

there was like a drought for MONTHS and BAM...Christmas..."time to rape these fuckers!"

blah....

im gonna be so broke.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Fixed2BeBroken said:
DAMMIT

forgot about that game too....

omg im getting Raped....TOOOOO many games coming out now...wtf

there was like a drought for MONTHS and BAM...Christmas..."time to rape these fuckers!"

blah....

im gonna be so broke.

Haha. Well at least you've got your 3 games now. :D

Dujour

Banned
SMT: Nocturne
LaPucelle Tactics
Tales of Symphonia
Super Monkey ball 1+2
Sonic Adventure 1+2
Warioware, inc Mega Party games

I want to trade Lapucelle for Disgaea, but can't find it :(

User 406

Banned
Ended up going back and getting Nightmare of Druaga, Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance, and Mojo. I was also able to use a $10 coupon on top of that, so my total cost was $48 including tax for that batch. So now I have nine new games in my queue. ;_;

Sea Manky said:
Ended up going back and getting Nightmare of Druaga, Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance, and Mojo. I was also able to use a $10 coupon on top of that, so my total cost was $48 including tax for that batch. So now I have nine new games in my queue. ;_;

Please let me know how that turns out, always wanted to play it, scantly clad muscle men get!

Top Bottom