• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

RBH

Don't forget to also use the coupon code 931085 to get $10 off of orders that are $75 or more.

Coupon code 931081 takes $15 off for orders that are $150 or more.

McLovin

I'm tempted to do DJ Hero, Uncharted 2, and Brutal legend. But damn that 180 seems like allot :(
Or better yet get two friends that want DJ Hero and order 3. We'll each pay 60+shipping.

As RBH Said:
Don't forget to use coupon code 931085 to get $10 off of orders that are $75 or more.

Remember: if you have any of the games in your order that do not work on the b2g1 as a preorder then none of them will work

Working

Wii
A Boy and His Blob

PS3
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Dark Void
DJ Hero PS3
Heist
Mafia II
MAG
Splatterhouse
Uncharted 2

Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Brutal Legend
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Dark Void
Heist
Mafia II
Magna Carta 2
Splatterhouse
Tony Hawk Ride

DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky

Not

Alpha Protocol
Assassin's Creed 2
Blur
Borderlands
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (any version not 360 Prestige Edition)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex
Darksiders
Demon's Souls (not listed)
DJ Hero 360
Dragon Age
Fifa 10
Forza 3
God of War 3 (not listed)
Gran Turismo 5
GTA Chinatown Wars PSP
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Heavy Rain
Jak and Daxter PSP
Left 4 Dead 2
Lost Planet 2
Mass Effect 2 (not listed)
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge PS2
New SUper Mario Bros.
Racthet and Clank
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Tekken 6
That Saboteur
Tony Hawk Ride (PS3)
Zelda Spirit Tracks (not listed)

I'm done....here's all that has been collected by myself and others throughout the thread...run with it gaf

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This applies to 360 but read anyway:

HEADSUP IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING DMC4, LOST PLANET COLONIES, DEAD RISING AND WANT TO GET ANY OF THEM

They have a triple pack that has LP Colonies, Dead Rising & DMC4 at the same price. Noticed that while browsing around for potential deals.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3818919

EDIT: Actually just noticed it's ten dollars more.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Plywood said:
This applies to 360 but read anyway:

HEADSUP IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING DMC4, LOST PLANET COLONIES, DEAD RISING AND WANT TO GET ANY OF THEM

They have a triple pack that has LP Colonies, Dead Rising & DMC4 at the same price. Noticed that while browsing around for potential deals.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3818919

That's a pretty nice catch in all of this as a filler if needed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Slayer-33 said:
That's a pretty nice catch in all of this as a filler if needed.
Yeah, but I just noticed its ten dollars more. ($40 rather than $30) Still a nice deal though, also that $10 off coupon helps.

RBH

New coupon

It does NOT stack up with the $10 off coupon.

Magnus

I know the OP says "no go in Canada", but I have a friend who said that Toys 'R Us in Toronto was doing this last year. Any details Canuck-GAF?

Also, does the TRU website ship outside the States?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just got email confirmations of my orders, including separate confirmations for the two preorders. 4 emails total for the 2 triple-orders, 6 including the initial order summary for each of the 2 orders.

Woo.

Hellion

Does anyone know if I can buy ODST, NGS2 and pre order Uncharted 2 tomorrow and still get the deal in their store location?

Shurs

I'm struggling with whether or not to pull the trigger for Brutal Legend, MAG and Katamari Forever. MAG is the only game I was planning on buying for sure out of the three. Had they offered Borderlands, Fallout 3 GOTY, Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed, Modern Warfare 2 or Tekken 6, I would have no pause.

I got Uncharted 2, Brutal Legends, and Ghostbusters. I used the $10 off code and the Arkham gift card and the total came to $99 with free shipping. Not bad :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Edit: Oops, wrong thread. Darn you, Firefox tabs.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
RBH said:

Oh you bitch. You caught it before I could edit it. =P

RBH

Dacvak said:
Oh you bitch. You caught it before I could edit it. =P
2u7ygzr.gif

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Sysgen said:
$9 shipping for 3 XBL 1600 point cards? So 4800 points for $49. Locally I can get 4000 points for $45 no tax. Worth 800 points for $4? Maybe but I'm not going to bother.

Wait wait wait... Point Cards work now? I though this was confirmed that they are considered gift cards & not accessories?

Can anyone confirm this will be the same in-store?

Koomaster

RBH said:
Don't forget to also use the coupon code 931085 to get $10 off of orders that are $75 or more.

If you are spending $150+, wouldn't it be better to separate things into 2 different orders and use the $10 coupon twice for $20 off instead of only $15?

RBH

Koomaster said:
If you are spending $150+, wouldn't it be better to separate things into 2 different orders and use the $10 coupon twice for $20 off instead of only $15?
I think someone else in this thread said that when they tried to place two orders, the $10 off coupon wouldn't work on the 2nd order, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Ok, ok I think I got it!

TMNT Smash up, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, & Yakuza 2!

If I can't find either of the latter 2 I'll search for Naruto Ultimate Ninja whatever and Kingdom Hearts 358/2

I also have a place holder in mind so I can pick up GTA China Town for the PSP next week.

Yes! I have a plan! :D

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
deciding between Red Faction: Guerilla and Wolfenstein for my 3rd game (I'm a sucker for shooters). What says GAF?

Shurs

I've decided to hold out for a few days with the hope that Fallout 3: GOTY Edition will show up as in stock online before the sale ends.

Mejilan said:
Had to clear my cache or switch browsers, now it works.
I was going to get:
Little Big Planet GotY ($60)
Katamari Forever ($50)
Spyborgs ($40) [FREE]

But instead, I swapped Spyborgs out for a Magna Carta 2 ($60) preorder, and it despite the deal supposedly not working with preorders, it worked. Getting charged for LBP and Magna Carta 2, and got Katamari for free.

Just so I'm understanding this...

B2G1 means you get the cheapest game for free.

First version of your order basket, Spyborgs was the cheapest, so you'd get it for free.

Second version of your order, you replaced Spyborgs with a 60 dollar pre-order.

Katamari then became the cheapest game.

What I see in your second version is two 60-dollar games, one of which being a pre-order you're paying full-price for, with the third being a 50-dollar game that logically would be free.

...so...how are you actually gaming the B2G1 free system? If anything it seems like you're using it exactly how it was intended to be used, by spending a lot more to get something for free.

tanod

when is my burrito
McLovin said:
It would suck if they don't cary demon's soul because it has demons in the title.

They don't carry it because Atlus publishes it. Atlus publishes in low volumes.

REV 09

just got 3 rechargeable battery packs for the 360...b2g1 free. The white ones are a bitch to find now a days...and i don't really feel like using regular rechargeable AA batteries. My old packs just aren't holding as much juice anymore.

edit: damn 1600 point cards are already out of stock online. I knew i should have bit last night.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay I'm confused so I'm hoping for an answer on this. The Bill Me Later(w/ 90 days) option, will I be charged a Daily Periodic Rate(interest), even if I pay before the 90 days are up?
The first 'details' thing I read on it says I wouldn't be charged any finance charges, but reading the Terms and Conditions seems to suggest otherwise.

Captain N

Plywood said:
Okay I'm confused so I'm hoping for an answer on this. The Bill Me Later(w/ 90 days) option, will I be charged a Daily Periodic Rate(interest), even if I pay before the 90 days are up?
The first 'details' thing I read on it says I wouldn't be charged any finance charges, but reading the Terms and Conditions seems to suggest otherwise.

i thought the pay later thing was if you signed up for a credit card?

Cherubae

Bought on their web site Tales of Simphonia Wii, Rune Factory Frontier, and M&L Bowser's Inside Story.

Used RBH's coupon code find to practically pay for free shipping. Still had to pay $.98 for standard shipping, but overall I think it is a pretty good deal :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The Blue Jihad said:
...so...how are you actually gaming the B2G1 free system? If anything it seems like you're using it exactly how it was intended to be used, by spending a lot more to get something for free.

I'm not trying to "game" the system. The deal is SUPPOSED to exclude preorders.
On a whim, I tried swapping out Spyborgs for Magna Carta 2 (which is only up for preorder at the moment). It should have caused the deal to fail, resulting in full price for all three items. Instead, the system accepted Magna Carta 2, and gave me the now cheapest Katamari for free.

Since I got that to work, I figured I'd post about, and that's when everyone else started experimenting with preorders. I personally put in two different sets of orders, each with one preorder in the mix. Both orders went through without a hitch.

It's not really "gaming" the system because I'm not ripping TRU off. I'm still buying 2 games at full price and getting the 3rd game free, I'm just using games that really aren't supposed to apply. But the monetary value of my order isn't really changing. Hell, if anything, because I got Magna Carta 2 to work in the three-way pairing, they got $10 more from me than they would have had the preorder caused the deal to fail, and had I stuck it out with Spyborgs! *shrugs*

Top Bottom