• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Had to clear my cache or switch browsers, now it works.
I was going to get:
Little Big Planet GotY ($60)
Katamari Forever ($50)
Spyborgs ($40) [FREE]

But instead, I swapped Spyborgs out for a Magna Carta 2 ($60) preorder, and it despite the deal supposedly not working with preorders, it worked. Getting charged for LBP and Magna Carta 2, and got Katamari for free.

RBH

The Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale is now LIVE on the Toys R Us website:

http://www.toysrus.com/

Certain pre-orders are currently working for this deal on the website!

Also use coupon code 931085 to get $10 off for orders $75 or more.

Example:

1060cg1.jpg

Mejilan

Yep. Switched browsers.
Clearing the cache would probably do the trick as well.
I saw the home page update with the promotion, but the usualy B2G3rdFree special wasn't showing up by any of the games.

Mejilan said:
Had to clear my cache or switch browsers, now it works.
I was going to get:
Little Big Planet GotY ($60)
Katamari Forever ($50)
Spyborgs ($40) [FREE]

But instead, I swapped Spyborgs out for a Magna Carta 2 ($60) preorder, and it despite the deal supposedly not working with preorders, it worked. Getting charged for LBP and Magna Carta 2, and got Katamari for free.

Uncharted 2 GO!

Just tried it..... Preorders are ringing up as working.....GO GO GO

Firestorm

I was calculating how much it would cost me to get this deal in Canada... Comes out to about $49 per game. I guess that's not too bad as it's still $28 off per game which adds up to $84 off... Customs might suck.

RBH

Some pre-orders are currently working for this deal on the website!!!

I have three Toys R Us' in and around my area, I'm hoping they will have two copies of Uncharted 2 come Tuesday. With my luck they will be sold out. Thinking I should drive by and pre-order them. Grr.

(I hope all you asshats who are trying to pawn off your games elsewhere get rejected :D )

So this is very weird.....

I added 3 copies of Uncharted 2 to my cart and it was gonna ring me up for 2 and give me 1 for free

BUT

Then I put in Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank and Cod MW2 for PS3 and it was going to charge me full price for all 3

hmm....seemingly YMMV on the pre-orders?

edit: seems like it's only working on pre-orders that will be releasing during the sale

added 3 copies of ratchet and clank and it wanted to ring me up for all 3
added 3 copies of cod mw2 and it wanted to ring me up for all 3

MikeE21286 said:

I added 3 copies of Uncharted 2 to my cart and it was gonna ring me up for 2 and give me 1 for free

BUT

Then I put in Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank and Cod MW2 for PS3 and it was going to charge me full price for all 3

Perhaps they're already shipping Uncharted 2?

RBH

MikeE21286 said:

BUT

Some pre-orders seem to work with this deal while others don't. Bioshock 2 is currently working for this deal as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
RBH said:
Some pre-orders are currently working for this deal on the website!!!

The only preorder that I noticed so far that works is Brutal Legend, and thats probably just because it comes out this week. Which ones have you noticed?

Pai Pai Master said:
Perhaps they're already shipping Uncharted 2?

that's what I though, but now RBH up above is saying Bioshock 2 is working...hmm....no rhyme or reason to the madness it seems

Best advice seems to be to try and experiment, wonder if AC2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, NSMB Wii, etc are working

RBH

grandjedi6 said:
The only preorder that I noticed so far that works is Brutal Legend, and thats probably just because it comes out this week. Which ones have you noticed?
Bioshock 2 and MAG are currently working. I'm trying to see if anything else is working as well.

Crap, I wonder if I order first thing tomorrow I can still have the games shipped to my house by the 13th.

If I'm a day late on Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend I'll murder.:lol

Here's a quick list of preorders I've checked so far:

Working

Bioshock 2
Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend
MAG
Dark Void

Not

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Racthet and Clank
New SUper Mario Bros.
Assassin's Creed 2
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 2 (not listed)
Demon's Souls (not listed)
God of War 3 (not listed)
Borderlands
Alpha Protocol

Sysgen

$9 shipping for 3 XBL 1600 point cards? So 4800 points for $49. Locally I can get 4000 points for $45 no tax. Worth 800 points for $4? Maybe but I'm not going to bother.

Mejilan

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky preorder also works.
Just put in a second handheld only order involving that.

My first order with a Magna Carta 2 preorder also worked.
Both come out this week, though.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
2191ljb.jpg

Damn, with free shipping and the $10 off $75 this is actually cheaper than amazon with the ECA discount, and since there's no guarantee that the ECA codes will come back before Tuesday I went ahead and ordered from TRU.

Plus I had a gift card I wanted to get rid of before it expired.

As you can see both Brutal Legend and A Boy and His Blob preorders work with the deal.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Sysgen said:
$9 shipping for 3 XBL 1600 point cards? So 4800 points for $49. Locally I can get 4000 points for $45 no tax. Worth 800 points for $4? Maybe but I'm not going to bother.

Same with the XBL gold pack, $69 each x 3 = $149.09 total after taxes and shipping :lol

That's $74.50 each to ebay w/o charging shipping.

Not even worth doing what I thought of doing..

meh lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dammit I really, really wanted Borderlands for 360. :(

Now it looks like I have to go for Bioshock 2 instead. Along with Batman AA and Bayonetta so I suppose it's still a good deal.. If I go for it.

Here's a quick list for people of preorders identified so far....

Working
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Bioshock 2
Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend
MAG
Dark Void
DJ Hero PS3
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
A Boy and His Blob
Mafia II
Splatterhouse
Bayonetta (PS3/360)
Tony Hawk Ride (only 360)
Heist
Magna Carta 2

Not
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (any version not 360 Prestige Edition)
Racthet and Clank
New SUper Mario Bros.
Assassin's Creed 2
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 2 (not listed)
Demon's Souls (not listed)
God of War 3 (not listed)
Borderlands
Alpha Protocol
Tekken 6
Forza 3
DJ Hero 360
GTA Chinatown Wars PSP
Left 4 Dead 2
Blur
That Saboteur
Tony Hawk Ride (PS3)
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Darksiders
Fifa 10
Jak and Daxter PSP

NeoUltima

Does TRU NOT have release date delivery? I have Batman, Brutal Legend, and U2 in my cart for $112.

edit: wow fuck that. Bill jumps up to $144 for expedited shipping...and they still won't send them out until the 13th I bet.

Mejilan

MikeE21286 said:
Here's a quick list for people of preorders identified so far....

Working
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Bioshock 2
Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend
MAG
Dark Void
DJ Hero (PS3)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
A Boy and His Blob
Mafia II
Splatterhouse
Bayonetta (PS3/360)
Tony Hawk Ride (only 360)

Missing Magna Carta 2 for the 360.

McLovin

Can you buy 3 of the same? Like.. 3 dj heros for 240. Sell both the extras for 240? Get DJ hero for freeeeeee?
Edit- Wow it does work o_O

Cloudy said:
Umm, I just tried Uncharted 2, Forza 3 and Magna Carta 2. The $10 coupon worked but no 3 for 2...
you can't have ones that do not work with the option involved in the transaction (i.e. Forza 3 does not work)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Meh, online only has 1 of the 3 games I was hoping to get. I'll check the local store, but that's not a great sign.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
McLovin said:
Can you buy 3 of the same? Like.. 3 dj heros for 240. Sell both the extras for 240? Get DJ hero for freeeeeee?

That's what I tried to do but they over price what I want by $10 and the shipping and tax costs kill the deal for me.

Don't want to deal with a resale headache :lol

kamikaze

awesome, thanks.

bioshock 2 + uncharted 2 pre-ordered w/little big planet: goty for $122.75. :D

-edit: fyi, super monkey ball: step and roll pre-order works.

Top Bottom