• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania 2: Canyon |OT| Driving you loopy (Retail update now live for Beta!)

filipe

NotTarts said:
I had this problem for a really long time (in other games). If you're using an ATI card, try going into CCC and changing the mipmap settings to 'Quality'.

Where about is that option in CCC?

strata8

filipe said:
Where about is that option in CCC?
Should be in Gaming > 3D Application Settings > Mipmap Detail Level. This is with the new UI though so it might be in a different spot if you haven't updated your drivers recently.

Tain

dLMN8R said:
So...I'm the only one who misses the complete omission of Platform mode?

:-(
nope.

There's no reason for it to be gone.

I was excited that the Nadeo tracks have proper cameras, now, but it wasn't worth it. :[

filipe

How does anyone actually redownload TM2 from the maniaplanet site? It requires a Validation Key, which I do not have, or a Player Key, which I aswell do not have nor ever received. I'm getting more and more fed up with this shit. And when I click on the "Don't have a validation code" link, it just brings me to the Player Key. I can't even see a damn area to change my password.

filipe said:
How does anyone actually redownload TM2 from the maniaplanet site? It requires a Validation Key, which I do not have, or a Player Key, which I aswell do not have nor ever received. I'm getting more and more fed up with this shit. And when I click on the "Don't have a validation code" link, it just brings me to the Player Key. I can't even see a damn area to change my password.

Mod edit: Don't believe this should be openly linked.

"How does anyone actually redownload TM2 from the maniaplanet site? It requires a Validation Key, which I do not have, or a Player Key, which I aswell do not have nor ever received. I'm getting more and more fed up with this shit. And when I click on the "Don't have a validation code" link, it just brings me to the Player Key. I can't even see a damn area to change my password."

You should've gotten a Multiplayer CD key with your order confirmation email and the player key would've been in the email confirming your in-game account creation. If you haven't gotten either, you should contact customer support from where you ordered.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
LuchaShaq said:
This, the map under input setting seems fine but in races it does not recognize the sticks or triggers.

Really frustrated and not sure what to do.

Works fine for me. It didn't the first time I tried it but make sure you config the analogue part. Ignore the other ones for buttons.

Dina

Finally played some multiplayer game tonight. I believe it was on custom maps only, so mileage did vary, but it was a good time. I just went for the most densely populated one, still around 42 players at 1am in the night.

Branson

Just came back from a good couple of hours playing this game. Damn it's addicting. Well worth 25 bucks. It's pretty too.

Arucardo

Shawsie64 said:
So d-pad or analog stick? Which one do you guys recommend?
My vote for analog, been using a 360 gamepad for years in trackmania (used the good 'ol original xbox duke before that) and recently I've tried using the Dual Shock 3, both are fine in my opinion.

Gen X

I've golded the first two lots of race, White and whatever the second colour is so started tinkering around on a few other races, man, the ones in D are going to get stressful. Narrow cliff side races with high speed jumps n shit. Streeeeeeessssssssss!!!! lol

mxgt

Banned
Lead Based Paint said:
Single player really is stupid.

I wanna beat you guys but five min wait to wait another 5 min is not my idea of fun or fun.

Indeed, I just stick to multiplayer now

1-D_FTW

hamchan said:
Tekno's time on the first course is nuts. Even after the first corner he's a little bit ahead of me.

The 5 min wait to do an official run is pissing me off!

I spent some time trying to beat it and got with a couple hundreths of a second. Even had the start down so well that I was beating him after the jump.

My problem is this: I have a fleeting moment where I'm locked in and then I'm all "Alright, let's lock this baby down." Brief moments where I'm actually better than my skill dictates. But you don't get to pick when you do runs. So that strategy is shot to pieces with the new Overlord Timing System. I get stuck over-practicing and ruining my Zen Mojo.

Fittingly enough, the only half-way decent time I have in the game is when I minimized to the background for 5 minutes and didn't do anything between runs. Got locked in, screwed up the official time, tabbed out for 5 minutes, reran and did a run for 1600 SP. Had I continued practicing the full 5 minutes, I would have screwed that time up too. Wasn't even my best run and could have easily shaved another .2 seconds off, but figured I'd need another 3 or 4 runs to get it and my mojo would be killed in 20 minutes. Didn't even try.

MEATER

.nimrod said:
I finally made my first canyon car skin and shot some pics

Damn. I feel like the visuals I get ingame are nowhere as crisp as yours.

Did you do something to those screens?

In what resolution do you run the game?

I somehow fear that updating from the beta package to the release messed up some assets... I was really surprised that the game didn't look much better :(

I have an nvidia card, so that AMD thing shouldn't be the problem.

.nimrod

MEATER said:
Damn. I feel like the visuals I get ingame are nowhere as crisp as yours.

Did you do something to those screens?

In what resolution do you run the game?

I somehow fear that updating from the beta package to the release messed up some assets... I was really surprised that the game didn't look much better :(

I have an nvidia card, so that AMD thing shouldn't be the problem.

Yeah, i made those in the replay mode, they have DoF, motion blur and tons of AA applied, it looks like this ingame for me:

maniaplanet2011-09-161mdby.jpg

And that's with shaders on fast to get 4xAA

dLMN8R

Tain said:
nope.

There's no reason for it to be gone.

I was excited that the Nadeo tracks have proper cameras, now, but it wasn't worth it. :[
I wonder if it's possible to create a Platform-like track using the editor. Anyone tried it?

"I wonder if it's possible to create a Platform-like track using the editor. Anyone tried it?"

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. There's just no way to count restarts (that I know of).

Tain

The game allows for scripted gametypes, so a platform mode should be possible.

Maybe even a Better Than Platform mode, with multi-map courses and time limits and shit. Maybe not. :|

Gen X

1-D_FTW said:
I spent some time trying to beat it and got with a couple hundreths of a second. Even had the start down so well that I was beating him after the jump.

My problem is this: I have a fleeting moment where I'm locked in and then I'm all "Alright, let's lock this baby down." Brief moments where I'm actually better than my skill dictates. But you don't get to pick when you do runs. So that strategy is shot to pieces with the new Overlord Timing System. I get stuck over-practicing and ruining my Zen Mojo.

It's an interesting system. I can understand why a lot of people don't like it, in a way I don't, but then when I do get an Official Time I am happy with I'm punching the air. Some tracks my training times are almost fine tuned to perfection (in my eyes) and then when the Official Time opportunity arises I start freaking out that I have this hidden pressure and the world is watching then fail dismally. lol

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just got this after really digging how it looked on Giant Bomb's quicklook. I played a tiny amount of the first game (free version) and am enjoying myself so far.

InertiaXr

I bought this with the intention of playing it, but I can't even install it for now. Twice now it has gone through the file extraction but stalled at about 10% or so, hard to tell on the progress bar. Is there anything I can do to make this install correctly? I have all the UAC shit turned completely off so there shouldn't be any issue trying to install to Program Files, right?

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
InertiaXr said:
I bought this with the intention of playing it, but I can't even install it for now. Twice now it has gone through the file extraction but stalled at about 10% or so, hard to tell on the progress bar. Is there anything I can do to make this install correctly? I have all the UAC shit turned completely off so there shouldn't be any issue trying to install to Program Files, right?
Re download the installer? Use their downloader to download it?

Volodja

I played a bit of the free version of Trackmania over the years, always good fun.
Thankfully this game runs nicely on my pc, the sense of speed is pretty awesome and drifting feels great.
I've joined the Gaf group but I doubt I'll ever be seen on any top 10 spot outside of the tracks that only 10 or less people tried.
Anyway I gotta say that the 5 minute cooldown for the official runs is quite annoying.

InertiaXr

Does anybody know why my screen would turn black right after I join a server? I can see the UI and all that information just fine but the actual textures and my car etc are just black. I can apparently move since I can hear my car accelerating and the speedometer goes up, but everything is just black.....

InertiaXr said:
Does anybody know why my screen would turn black right after I join a server? I can see the UI and all that information just fine but the actual textures and my car etc are just black. I can apparently move since I can hear my car accelerating and the speedometer goes up, but everything is just black.....

I've had that happen a few times during beta... No idea how to fix... I just let the game idle until next map and it'd fix itself.

Marco1

InertiaXr said:
There's a problem with the installer.
Post on their official support forum and the moderator will post you a link.
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=264&sid=b047779bdceabf04488a78eb1aae430b

Emitan

Just bought this last night and I'm absolutely loving it. I miss the stadiums though :(

And there don't seem to be enough crazy tracks with loops. Or I'm just on bad servers. Maybe because people don't know this game's physics as well?

Gen X

Billychu said:
Just bought this last night and I'm absolutely loving it. I miss the stadiums though :(

And there don't seem to be enough crazy tracks with loops. Or I'm just on bad servers. Maybe because people don't know this game's physics as well?

Man I am struggling with the loops in Canyon. The first half of the loop is generally fine, the second half of it and the back is losing traction and I'm all over the shop, then collide with something when I'm joining the road again.

On another note, 7 Golds left to get. Dreading to see what the Black races are going to throw at me.

Aeris130

Not really liking Canyon so far, too many tight sections everywhere that screw up your run if you happen to grace the edge of the road even once. Needs more stuff like TM Island.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
InertiaXr said:

same here. I just ditched the 'downloader' and am redownloading the .exe and .bin from the links you get in the confirmation email when you buy it.

InertiaXr

mrklaw said:
same here. I just ditched the 'downloader' and am redownloading the .exe and .bin from the links you get in the confirmation email when you buy it.

After I redownloaded the bin file I was able to install just fine last night, so I hope that works for you. I still am playing this in about 15 minute bursts because after 2-3 maps on every server I have tried my screen goes all black besides the UI, so I can still control my car and talk in the chat etc but can't see anything that's going on. No idea why it's doing that and what I should do to try and fix it.

DieH@rd

Banned
I also had the problem with the installer, but fortunately i found a beta installer and that worked fine. Afterward game downloaded 200mb patch.

Gen X

Nah, I'm sorry man. This is the first game I've had to reduce settings too, albeit, not as much, but still, in order to get 60fps I had to drop a few things.

THey really need to fix the leadersboards and newsfeed. I get notifications saying others have beaten some times but there is no NeoGAF tag next to the name, so I just thought they're randoms.

Anyway, finally unlocked the Black stages......

jl771h.jpg

Haven't attempted the first yet, taking a breather, having a ciggie etc etc.

Absinthe

Gen X said:

jl771h.jpg

Haven't attempted the first yet, taking a breather, having a ciggie etc etc.

Congrats. I'm still stuck in the red stages.. This game is a love/hate relationship

mxgt

Banned
Gen X said:

http://i56.tinypic.com/jl771h.jpg[IMG]

Haven't attempted the first yet, taking a breather, having a ciggie etc etc.[/QUOTE]

The third one onwards are just ridiculous.

Top Bottom