• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron |OT| Me Grimlock no bozo! Me KING!

Funny how my hype tapered off for this game.
Killing co-op & focusing on the multiplayer will make me buy this when it is in the sub $20 range.

The lousy graphics & ugly stock Unreal asset design is another thing.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I would most certainly not describe the graphics as "lousy" by any means. I don't know where you get the idea that the focus is on multiplayer. The campaign is massively improved over the first game's and is actually one of the better "cinematic shooter" campaigns I've played. Tons of variety, tons of interesting setpieces. Unless you mean that you focus on multiplayer, which is obviously a very different situation.

Lousy graphics? idk about that. If you hate the robot and art design, that's another thing.

Can't pick this up for a couple weeks :( Wait is gonna suck. Will watch new episodes of Prime to make it easier, heh.

slagqjprr.gif

Lol, isn't this literally pulled from the movie!?

Sadist

Well, no '86 movie characters are in the High Moon games so far. I'm kind of hoping they do a third game in which
they arrive on Earth and such, then a fourth game for next gen using Unreal 4.0 in which Unicron shows up and the movie characters become involved and/or take over.
Perceptor counts I believe.

En ssshhhiiiiit I have to wait for my copy.

tumblr_lxea40zppF1r166kao1_250.gif

They should make a co-op game about the Wreckers, in the future, just traveling through the universe fucking shit up.

They would have some freedom, plus they can interact with different alien races maybe.

Sadist

I actually watched the movie again about a week ago. It's the most obvious display of product placement, but the animation is ace. Hot Rod and Kup fighting underwater is awesome.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Perceptor counts I believe.

Nope, Perceptor was part of the Season 2 influx of characters who showed up on Earth with no explanation, such as the Coneheads and the numerous second wave Autobot cars (Tracks, Hoist, Inferno, Red Alert, etc.) Characters introduced in the movie were Hot Rod/Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Blurr, Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps, the Junkions, the Quintessons and Unicron.

I actually watched the movie again about a week ago. It's the most obvious display of product placement, but the animation is ace. Hot Rod and Kup fighting underwater is awesome.

Where can I find the movie? Any streaming services carry it?

I remember watching it in the theater when it came out. Kicked ass.

Khezu

So wait, is Transformers Japanese or American? Never been really clear on that.
Not this particular game, but the franchise in general.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So wait, is Transformers Japanese or American? Never been really clear on that.
Not this particular game, but the franchise in general.

The toys were Japanese releases from two different toylines, Diaclone and Microman. In the early '80s, Hasbro bought the US distribution rights for them and took them to Marvel Comics asking them to come up with a storyline that would appeal to kids that would let them sell the line as a TV show and a comic book. This was the standard approach for new toylines ever since He-Man & the Masters of the Universe hit it huge with the cartoon show tie-in a few years earlier.

They basically dumped the toys on the writers' desks and let them run wild. Bob Budiansky, a writer at Marvel, came up with the Autobot/Decepticon idea, and many of the names and personalities of the characters (although who came up with Optimus Prime's name remains unknown). The vast majority of the base fiction of Transformers comes from the Marvel Bullpen and Budiansky in particular. The popularity of the line led to Transformers being re-released in Japan under the new branding and new fiction.

So it's a Japanese toyline that was given a storyline by American comic book writers, essentially.

Sadist

Nope, Perceptor was part of the Season 2 influx of characters who showed up on Earth with no explanation, such as the Coneheads and the numerous second wave Autobot cars (Tracks, Hoist, Inferno, Red Alert, etc.) Characters introduced in the movie were Hot Rod/Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Blurr, Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps, the Junkions, the Quintessons and Unicron.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

No (legit) streaming services that I can find. Unfortunately, prices for the now out-of-print DVD are ridiculous.

I have that version, and the 1st DVD release too (both R1).

I gave them to my dad along with a ton of other DVD's that I've been selling since upgrading to Blu Ray versions.

They're going for next to nothing here in the UK. Maybe I'll try Amazon.com instead, lol. Wonder if he's still got them?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll just say this. You don't know how awesome the Megatron retro laser is until you fire it.

also
"Don't expect any mercy, Autobot"
"I wasn't offering any

DAYUMN Optiums

The last mission is probably one of the coolest levels I've ever played in a shooter, shame its so short!

Going to dive into Multiplayer tonight and tomorrow.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wish someone would make a GI Joe game like this, one that doesn't cater to some shitty movie and instead revels in the nostalgia of the TV show and comic book. Especially the comic book.

:(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish someone would make a GI Joe game like this, one that doesn't cater to some shitty movie and instead revels in the nostalgia of the TV show and comic book. Especially the comic book.

:(

Just pretend Metal Gear Rising is Storm Shadow the game

I've just realised that this is probably gonna be the last nail in the coffin of WFC online multi... which means no 1000/1000 for me.

Dammit!

Fox Mulder

I ignored these because I thought they were still movie tie in trash, but I'm interested now. Should I jump right into this one or play the previous one first?

I ignored these because I thought they were still movie tie in trash, but I'm interested now. Should I jump right into this one or play the previous one first?

The first one is great. I'd start there. It isn't long and can be found pretty cheap. Or free, going by that Wal-Mart thing HawksWin just posted about.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there some magical way of using a VPN to unlock the game on Steam and then playing online without it on? Still says "preload" if I run Steam in online mode, despite running (and completing) the game.

Raoh

The Title for this Thread is Brilliant..

Thank You for the memory..

Outside of that, I am ignoring online/multiplayer.

Most people seem to be more concerned with multiplayer than single player.

I read the IDW comics so Story over Multiplayer for me. Not sure if anyone is reading the current "More than Meets the Eye" Series on IDW comics.. brilliant.. The Dyno/Dino Bots are just F'n Great... They are not dumb, just ruthless... Shockwave as their number one enemy.. A scientist.. again.. F'n brilliant...

Game wise, as much as I loved the first one, I'll wait for single player discount rental/purchase.

Top Bottom