• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

mollipen

What was the average age of the beginning of your transitions and how old are you now? If you decline to answer that's cool.

I think what's also important in this question is when did you come to understand your situation. For me, that was a huge problem. I showed signs as early as five, had some realization of what was going on at a very young age, but because I understood so little about the transgender topic it literally took me a majority of my life before I was even able to process my situation and understand where all of my problems were coming from.

So, realization is a big part as well. For those in here (and otherwise) who are young and aware of their situations, I'm very jealous. I wish I'd have had the knowledge and ability to understand far sooner than I did.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hi guys, I'm back, titanium plate and all!. I'm off painkillers atm and am feeling great but really tired. Titanium's plate fault maybe?

My face is mostly bandages atm, which I'm sure would be off already if this fucking titanium plate wasn't put in!

(Sorry Xaru :p I know you mean well, but this guy is basically the top of the league.) I'll give updates as they come, but through the worst of it now. :)

Hurrah our cyborg overlord has returned! O:

Hope recovery goes well lexi. :D

iirate

I think what's also important in this question is when did you come to understand your situation. For me, that was a huge problem. I showed signs as early as five, had some realization of what was going on at a very young age, but because I understood so little about the transgender topic it literally took me a majority of my life before I was even able to process my situation and understand where all of my problems were coming from.

So, realization is a big part as well. For those in here (and otherwise) who are young and aware of their situations, I'm very jealous. I wish I'd have had the knowledge and ability to understand far sooner than I did.

Yeah, this is sort of where I am. When someone asks me about transition, I think of a lot of stuff that sort of built up to the day I started taking meds - as far as I'm concerned, my transition began long before I even knew I was trans.

lexi

Banned
As a further update, I'm now out of hospital and in my hotel room where I will spend the next 2 and a bit weeks recovering.

My new nose is AMAZING. Seriously. A work of modern art, I'm VERY pleased with the results so far and I still have a lot of swelling and bruising to subside. I'll post pics when I think I'm ready for public scrutiny.

Platy

My new nose is AMAZING. Seriously. A work of modern art, I'm VERY pleased with the results so far and I still have a lot of swelling and bruising to subside. I'll post pics when I think I'm ready for public scrutiny.

xD

Congrats !
It is VERY easy to get a nose wrong !

----

Also, offtopic ... anyone knows when Against Me! releases their new album ?
The live performances of the new songs like Transgender Dysphoria Blues look awesome ! =D

The more I read this thread the more it saddens me that I only have two arms and they're very short. :(

Edit: About how far back should I be going to get caught up?

totowhoa

Banned
Man, I haven't lurked in this thread for a while now. Since I live in Oklahoma, you don't meet many transexuals. I have my one friend and that's it (who I knew when she publicly identified as a male and dated females prior to her open transition). My friend was lucky enough that, although born in a Catholic family, had the full support of her mother, father, and siblings. It was so fucking cool to see that I can't even describe it -- I think she had the smoothest transition anybody could possibly have with 100% support from family and friends. We're separated by both hundreds of miles and some years now.

Homeless rates for transexuals are very high, and if I recall correctly it's one in five experience homelessness. I met my first homeless transexual not long ago (the second transexual I've met in my 26 years of being in this state). She was male-to-female and showed signs of being on hormones for some time. She said she was twenty-two years old, and she was hanging out with another homeless man who looked about fifty. Both stopping by the bar to spend a couple bucks on a drink or two. Really sad story, as her family was Christian and disowned her for it, as did most all of her friends. Told her to come by my place the next day and she did.. washed up and napped for several hours. Never heard from her again. It really makes me sad, but I hope the lack of a revisit means she was able to find a way out since she was still young (parents re-accepting her or something better). Not sure why I felt like dumping this story on this board, but maybe the story will be meaningful for some. It's not very common to find open transexuals around here, save for a couple of bars in the entire state. It can be a rough place.

Al-ibn Kermit

I've probably had more cosmetic facial surgery than anyone on this forum (Goldenhar syndrome) and the results are never ideal. Plastic surgeons in the US and probably in Thailand are very eager to recommend any procedure they can think of. No matter how skilled your doctor is, you cannot trust them to tell you what is beautiful.

My question is why are you getting this surgery done in Thailand?

This is especially concerning if it's true you can't hold the doctors/hospital liable if anything goes wrong. I've had complications ranging from vomiting blood after being discharged to getting a collapsed lung while still in the hospital, I would never do any elective surgery if there was a risk of getting stuck without a paddle if anything goes wrong. Complications are statistically guaranteed and it sounds like you went into this sure that nothing would go wrong.

lexi

Banned
I've probably had more cosmetic facial surgery than anyone on this forum (Goldenhar syndrome) and the results are never ideal. Plastic surgeons in the US and probably in Thailand are very eager to recommend any procedure they can think of. No matter how skilled your doctor is, you cannot trust them to tell you what is beautiful.

My question is why are you getting this surgery done in Thailand?

This is especially concerning if it's true you can't hold the doctors/hospital liable if anything goes wrong. I've had complications ranging from vomiting blood after being discharged to getting a collapsed lung while still in the hospital, I would never do any elective surgery if there was a risk of getting stuck without a paddle if anything goes wrong. Complications are statistically guaranteed and it sounds like you went into this sure that nothing would go wrong.

I have better aftercare than anything you can get in the US. Some of the best US surgeons, you get zero aftercare. The doctor I went with, If I have any complaints want any changes, he performs revisions for free.

At day 6 post op atm, and am healing better than anticipated. I'm also very pleased with the results. (still lots of swelling and bruising to subside, but you get the gist of it)

Platy

=D

Awesome results !
The eye one takes a little to go away .. considering a friend who did nose surgery..

Also, in this pic you totaly look like my voice therapist xD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I've experienced very little pain throughout this entire process. I've had headaches that were more painful. I'm not even on painkillers atm, and haven't been for a few days.

That's awesome! You look lovely lexi~! Glad you're recovering quickly too. :D

lexi

Banned
Sleep does wonders for healing.

hI5JL.jpg

Hello TransGaf,

So this topic came up with a group of friends and myself. We were talking about a couple of M2F transexuals, but we out all of us no one could think of F2M. Is it less common?

mollipen

Lexi! Your nose! It's looking awesome!

So this topic came up with a group of friends and myself. We were talking about a couple of M2F transexuals, but we out all of us no one could think of F2M. Is it less common?

For whatever reason, FTMs often seem to be far less profile in certain segments and non-trans communities than the MTFs. However, one of the most prominent trans folk in the media lately—Chaz Bono—is FTM.

Platy

Looking good Lexi ! =D

Hello TransGaf,

F2M, for better or worst, don't look like trans.

or they look like butch lesbians if they don't pass or they look like ... well ... men =P

Unless there are HUGE boobs mixed with beard you don't say it is a badly passable f2m ... and even then most people will think it is a m2f who choose to do huge silicon implants before laser for facial hair =P

Hello TransGaf,

Statistically there are about as much F2M as M2F, but in terms of media interest/awareness and public perception F2M get far less focus, because they threaten far less mentalities and are far less noticeable.

Also gotta add to the "looking good" pile for Lexi.

Top Bottom