• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Platy

Currently about 15 minutes away from boarding my flight to Thailand. Very nervous and also excited. I'm also not the best flyer.

Wow ! That is huge ! =D

Good luck !

and try not to faint with all the blood xD

If you see any brazilian ... say "ola !" to them

Platy

why is lexi going to thailand?

(assume she's posted about it publicly, or be treacherous and pm me [j/k])

Unless she is just doing a touristic visit .... Thailand is the home for the best surgeuns related to any Trans specific surgeries in the world.

Voice, jaw, eyebrow, adam's apple, genital.... you name it

The genital surgery was basicaly created there (the new and improved version that praticaly the entire world uses today)

I look forward to reading lexi's pain killer induced rage posts. Seriously, I hope it goes well.
Unless she is just doing a touristic visit .... Thailand is the home for the best surgeuns related to any Trans specific surgeries in the world.

Voice, jaw, eyebrow, adam's apple, genital.... you name it

The genital surgery was basicaly created there (the new and improved version that praticaly the entire world uses today)
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they are home to the best nurses, based on another TransGAFer's experience. >_>

lexi

Banned
I survived the flight over, so that's a good thing. I wouldn't be able to deal very well in a LOST style scenario.

In my hotel and about 2 hours away from a pre-consultation hospital visit thingy. I dunno. I'm pretty laissez faire about this whole malarkey.

Emitan

I survived the flight over, so that's a good thing. I wouldn't be able to deal very well in a LOST style scenario.

In my hotel and about 2 hours away from a pre-consultation hospital visit thingy. I dunno. I'm pretty laissez faire about this whole malarkey.

Good luck <3

Platy

Do you speak .... whatever is the language in thailand or do you have a translator or anything like thtat ?
I'm guessing that the hospital has lots of people who speak english considering how much international patients they receive ... but and outside of the hospital ?

I'm kinda afraid to go to places like that because I barely can write english properly ... let alone speak it in a way that a non-native english speaker would understand.

lexi

Banned
The people I've come across seem to understand me well, it's just that I can't understand them very well. Does that make sense?

Platy

The people I've come across seem to understand me well, it's just that I can't understand them very well. Does that make sense?

I can understand even Zero Ponctuation perfectly without subtitles, but you will probably not understand a word that is coming from my mouth ... specialy if there is a "th" in said word =P

So yeah, makes perfect sense

lexi

Banned
Back from the hospital, just had a bunch of pre-tests done... blood tests, HIV tests, xrays, that NASA thing where they put suction cups to your boobs and pulse points... Going back 5pm for yet more pre-consultation related stuff. I think this is where I get to say what I want and stuff. I'm gonna ask for the Margaery Tyrell nose.

lexi

Banned
Another update, xrays revealed that a particular bone that I want shaved back is a bit too thin. This may have been a issue for me if I was ever struck hard in this area, so, killing two birds with one stone, I'm getting the bone shaved back and supplementing my thin skull with a titanium plate. Checking into hospital at 12pm Monday, for an early Tuesday morning surgery. Oddly I'm still not particularly nervous, maybe I'll freak out as their injecting the aneasthetic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good luck lexi! Keep us updated.

Platy

Everything hurts, doesn't it?

Well .. every surgery is basicaly you getting yourself hurt with a doctor looking =P

But both SRS and FFS are in parts that you move a lot ... but with SRS you can CHOOSE to don't walk or anything like that ... you don't actualy choose to make an expression =P

Well .. every surgery is basicaly you getting yourself hurt with a doctor looking =P

But both SRS and FFS are in parts that you move a lot ... but with SRS you can CHOOSE to don't walk or anything like that ... you don't actualy choose to make an expression =P

It's funny, I'm not a very expressive person right now, but I probably would become one leading up to and after FFS .

mollipen

I think catching up with this thread influenced my head, because last night I dreamed that I went to Thailand. It was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen, and I was excited to come on here and post that I was there so that I could meet lexi. My reason for being there, however, was because the company I work for was producing some new TV series called "The Flock" or something. (The first episode starts with a huge swarm of bald eagles descending upon Thailand. *laughs*)

Anyhow, lexi, though I am not actually there and cannot actually meet you, I hope otherwise everything goes well and you end up with fantastic results!

Emitan

If this thread made you dream about Thailand what thread made me dream about being in a secret underwater base battling Pokémon with Hideki Kamiya and Chris Avelonne?!

lexi

Banned
About an hour away from checking into the hospital. Got a Macbook Air and Torchlight 2 ready to go so no boredom for me!

Xarudace

Banned
Congrats on your facial reconstruction. I hope you get the beautiful and feminine look you're going for!

But....LOL what are you doing letting these surgeons put a titanium plate in your head? You do realize that these guys are very similar to mechanics. They have no problem telling you something is wrong and "fixing it" when it doesn't need to be fixed. You can't sue them for it, so why would they care? As long as they think they can get you out of there without causing a commotion, they will.

Most likely you don't need a titanium plate and now you are condemning yourself to living your life with one forever.

If you still can, abort it. Then, when you're doing getting plastic surgery, come back to America and get a second or even third opinion of a doctor who's actually liable for any poor work he does.

You're making an incredible mistake with that one. Just get only the stuff you wanted to (and if they say it's unsafe, then just don't get it done, don't trust these doctors) and get out.

lexi

Banned
Congrats on your facial reconstruction. I hope you get the beautiful and feminine look you're going for!

But....LOL what are you doing letting these surgeons put a titanium plate in your head? You do realize that these guys are very similar to mechanics. They have no problem telling you something is wrong and "fixing it" when it doesn't need to be fixed. You can't sue them for it, so why would they care? As long as they think they can get you out of there without causing a commotion, they will.

Most likely you don't need a titanium plate and now you are condemning yourself to living your life with one forever.

If you still can, abort it. Then, when you're doing getting plastic surgery, come back to America and get a second or even third opinion of a doctor who's actually liable for any poor work he does.

You're making an incredible mistake with that one. Just get only the stuff you wanted to (and if they say it's unsafe, then just don't get it done, don't trust these doctors) and get out.

This isn't in some back alley chop shop. The surgeon I'm with basically pioneered modern techniques that are in use the world over, I appreciate your concern but I will be fine. :)

I'm not a common face here but I do poke my head in every once in awhile to see what's happenin'. I just saw that lexi had checked in and I wanted to say good luck. :)

Top Bottom