• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Gaborn said:
Actually I seem to recall it used to be bigger, then it was down for a while and now it's up again but smaller. Life imitates the real world?

Haha, that it does, my friend, that it does.

lexi said:
There's no real way of showing you my butt without feeling like a complete camwhore.

Yeah, I wouldn't actually ever REALLY ask. That's creepy on a whole other level, I think. Plus pretty demeaning.

shidoshi said:
Let me, uhm, add the part of this that was supposed to be added, so that I don't sound so egotistical: I've always had more of a "cute" face, so trying to go for the "sexy" or "hot" look would never work for me even if I wanted to try (which I wouldn't).

I always think of cute as the girl you'd actually want to spend time with, make love with, lose yourself in, and hot as someone so standoffish that they're not even worth the air they breathe.

All right, meeting in 20 minutes, and after that, movie time.

Cetra

lexi said:
But either way, I'd rather be cute than hot. Hot is overplayed.

I agree so much, I bought the company! :lol

SPATULA CITY, SPATULA CITY!

Sorry, that was random. >.>;

Alfarif

I finally have a legitimate question again:

Has your taste in clothing changed from before you were on hormones to after?

Also, have you started going shopping in stores, or are you online only with your clothing purchases?

Oh, and have you learned to walk in heels yet?

Cetra

Alfarif said:

Also, have you started going shopping in stores, or are you online only with your clothing purchases?

Not really. I just pick cuter jeans and t-shirts, etc.

Heeeeeell no, online shopping for the win! Maybe someday I'll work up the nerve to actually go into a store, but that time is not now. :lol :lol

Nope and doubt I ever will, I'm too dialed into comfort.

lexi

Banned
Alfarif said:

Not really sure what you're asking here, I used to wear jeans and a t-shirt just about everywhere, now it's a wide variety of things but it's all fairly understated (or so I would like to think). My brother says that I'm dressing like a 14 year old girl though, so take what you want from that. :p

I do both, when I'm after something very particular, I get it online, otherwise I like to browse in stores.

I'm 5"11, I will wear heels only when every other woman within 100 feet is too. :p Yes, I know how to walk in them, it's honestly not that hard, you just need to walk like a woman. *laughs*

lexi said:
I'm 5"11, I will wear heels only when every other woman within 100 feet is too. :p Yes, I know how to walk in them, it's honestly not that hard, you just need to walk like a woman. *laughs*

To really pull it off, you don't walk in heels, you sashay. More feminine.

lexi

Banned
Forgive the indignation :p I know how to sashay, I do not and will not sashay *everywhere* while in heels.

bigswords

lexi said:
So, yeah, this is the skirt I went out in. :3

2d8466b.jpg

*hides*

You look great nothing to be ashamed of.

lexi said:
Forgive the indignation :p I know how to sashay, I do not and will not sashay *everywhere* while in heels.

Of course not, it's only really needed if someone attractive is checking you out. Strutting is also acceptable.

wRATH2x

Banned
I wish you all had bigger hips!

;)

Also does HRT change your body shape or anything? I know you can grow breasts buyt I think you need implants for them to be big right?

Alfarif

Wrath2X said:

;)

So much easier to hold on for the ride.

Not really sure what you're asking here, I used to wear jeans and a t-shirt just about everywhere, now it's a wide variety of things but it's all fairly understated (or so I would like to think). My brother says that I'm dressing like a 14 year old girl though, so take what you want from that. :p

What I meant by this is that hormones, I suppose, change your outlook on things. Did it change what you thought was cute before and after you started them?

Wrath2X said:

;)

Also does HRT change your body shape or anything? I know you can grow breasts buyt I think you need implants for them to be big right?
It does redistribute fat a bit, but it takes a long time. Breast size varies just like in GG's; it's mainly whether or not you are genetically gifted. Also, you tend to get better results the earlier you start.

wRATH2x

Banned
NewGamePlus said:
It does redistribute fat a bit, but it takes a long time. Breast size varies just like in GG's; it's mainly whether or not you are genetically gifted. Also, you tend to get better results the earlier you start.
So there is such a thing as a transgirl with naturally big breasts? I must find this woman.

Alfarif

Wrath2X said:
So there is such a thing as a transgirl with naturally big breasts? I must find this woman.

I wonder if this is a heredity thing... because my mother and sister are pushing DDs............. oh god.

Fox the Sly

Not sure how old that pic is, but you look good lexi. :D

Man, I haven't had one of those cadbury eggs since I was a little kid. I used to love the commercials with the rabbits. :lol

Alfarif said:
I wonder if this is a heredity thing... because my mother and sister are pushing DDs............. oh god.

Pics or it didn't.... oh god, I just entered creepsville. *exits stage left*

:p

Alfarif said:
Hey it tends to be. So when are you going to start HRT. :D

And oh my, I just read what was so exciting about lexi in the other thread
:lol

Gaborn

NewGamePlus said:
Hey it tends to be. So when are you going to start HRT. :D

And oh my, I just read what was so exciting about lexi in the other thread
:lol

Seriously people, just drop it.

Alfarif

Fox the Sly said:
Not sure how old that pic is, but you look good lexi. :D

Man, I haven't had one of those cadbury eggs since I was a little kid. I used to love the commercials with the rabbits. :lol

I just saw a freakin' commercial the other day. I was REALLY confused on why it was on TV. Maybe it was saying something to me....

Oh man, Gaborn dropping the hammer.... I think it just got a little uncomfortable in here. Back to my movie.

Wrath2X said:
DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Not happening. I'm bald and I have a wife, who would probably divorce me (but stay friends). Plus, I'm black, and I'd want to be a redheaded white chick. This is not the page where I come out.

Gaborn

NewGamePlus said:
I couldn't help myself, I'm sorry. ; ;

Actually, just wondering are any of the tgirls here not submissive?

No permanent harm done. Any questions about that I'll happily take over PM though, lol

oh, and submissives are awesome, lol

Gaborn said:
No permanent harm done. Any questions about that I'll happily take over PM though, lol

oh, and submissives are awesome, lol
I feel bad now though. :(
lexi are you okays?

for the record I'm definitely submissive

Fox the Sly

Alfarif said:
Not happening. I'm bald and I have a wife, who would probably divorce me (but stay friends). Plus, I'm black, and I'd want to be a redheaded white chick. This is not the page where I come out.

Holy crap, Rykoshet Alfarif is black?!

Final Fantasy XI community reference lol

I haven't read all the thread, but I have a question that's kinda been prompted by the picture above: when out on the town, do you feel the need to stay in certain areas, or do you just be yourself and head out anywhere. Some people are simply assholes, and even high confidence can be dampened at times.

Also if you met a dude at a bar or something and were having fun, things escalate in a positive way etc...would you tell him you're transgendered or is this a bit of a brick wall?

wow, like 3 pages appeared while I was asleep! :lol Go Transgaf!

As for what I'd wanna look like if I just woke up as a girl... hard to find pics, but something along these lines <3

2q3q8fl.jpg

Gaborn

Android18a said:
wow, like 3 pages appeared while I was asleep! :lol Go Transgaf!

As for what I'd wanna look like if I just woke up as a girl... hard to find pics, but something along these lines <3

2q3q8fl.jpg

Just a guess, but I think a large contingent of gaf want you to look like that too :D

lexi

Banned
I'm a little upset at that becoming basically public knowledge. I don't want something like that to define me, and I am quite upset right now, yes.

Alfarif

Fox the Sly said:
Holy crap, Rykoshet Alfarif is black?!

Final Fantasy XI community reference lol

You want to know something crazy? Up until about, oh, a year ago, I would STILL hear this. So I decided to stop typing like I was writing a book or story, and start typing like how I talk with my friends.

And, um, Android.... um... *makes his exit and will return later*

Gaborn

Alfarif said:
You want to know something crazy? Up until about, oh, a year ago, I would STILL hear this. So I decided to stop typing like I was writing a book or story, and start typing like how I talk with my friends.

And, um, Android.... um... *makes his exit and will return later*

Horny bastard.

And Lexi - I said it to you privately but I'm sorry this has gotten out of hand.

Fox the Sly

Alfarif said:

Haha, I still get it myself. I once inadvertantly mentioned something about being black and living in Compton, CA years ago and a group of online friends wanted me to prove it with pics of me and a Compton Blvd sign. :lol :lol :lol

Sorry to get off-topic.

Lexi, I still haven't found a way to rip that True Life episode yet beyond the first 14:30 minutes. MTV has some kind of magic shield on their site. lol

*hugs Lexi*

Alfarif

Gaborn said:
Horny bastard.

I am appreciative of the female form, good sir!

I just finished up Boy I Am a little while ago. My only thoughts are that it seems "easier" for FtM than MtF. I only say that because, besides the deepening of the voice and the binding, it doesn't seem as if FtM has to "wait" as long to pass as MtF. The guys they interviewed, besides one who wasn't on T, could have all easily passed as some of my homies without a second glance. In fact, one was so passable, when he started talking about his breasts, I had to take a second look.

It was a pretty informative look. Taking the shot of T seems to suck more than, I guess, pills. Do MtF have to take shots or pills? Anyway, one of them was doing it twice a month, but I remember the MTV True Life guy, Ted, doing it every day (?). It was nice to see that their partners were very accepting of it, as well.

Now, here's where the documentary REALLY got interesting: butch culture is, by all accounts, "vanishing." One lady put it best - (paraphrased) "Do I have to have a dick to get attention?" This is where the documentary begins and how it transforms into a talk about transgender. It was almost like a discussion I saw talking place here a couple pages back about the T not fitting with the LGB. It doesn't. The documentary seemed to suggest that people want it to, and doing that, have segmented these communities that built up over the course of the last hundred years. That perspective was extremely interesting, considering all we're talking about is what we do with the partners we have or who we're attracted to.

That's about all I have to say about that. I am going to watch Southern Comfort after finishing a few podcasts. I still have half a shift to work, so there's plenty of time for it. Yay.

Fox the Sly said:
Haha, I still get it myself. I once inadvertantly mentioned something about being black and living in Compton, CA years ago and a group of online friends wanted me to prove it with pics of me and a Compton Blvd sign. :lol :lol :lol

Pics, man.... pics.

And, Lexi, I'm sorry too. Things were getting out of hand.

I think I skipped a page here, but that seems to be for the best.

As for the question "are you submissive"... hm. To be honest, I wouldn't class myself as submissive or dominant. I dislike how trans girls are automatically assumed to side like that. Can't we just be in a normal relationship without a "top" and a "bottom" or whatever?

I stopped chatting on certain trans-community sites because I kept getting asked stuff like "so, you bottom?" and "want a master?". I'm not interested in that sort of relationship.

A personal pet peeve of mine, I guess. It just makes me think again that people instantly equate trans with sexual fetishism :| Oh wells.

I mean, fair enough for you girls and guys into that stuff, but I just want a "normal" relationship.

Fox the Sly

Alfarif said:
Pics, man.... pics.

And, Lexi, I'm sorry too. Things were getting out of hand.

Those pics were taken about 2001-2002 and have been lost to the times. Or were you talking about current pics?

Alfarif said:
FtM stuff
That's one reason I wish there were FtM's in here. I would like to know more about what it's like going the other way. For instance, on one hand, it's more accepted for young girls to act masculine than for young boys to act feminine. Then again, it's probably terrible knowing you're expected to grow out of it. It also must suck beyond all suck to start menstruating. For the record I think Ted was taking shots once a week, but I could be wrong.

Android18a said:
I think I skipped a page here, but that seems to be for the best.

As for the question "are you submissive"... hm. To be honest, I wouldn't class myself as submissive or dominant. I dislike how trans girls are automatically assumed to side like that. Can't we just be in a normal relationship without a "top" and a "bottom" or whatever?

I stopped chatting on certain trans-community sites because I kept getting asked stuff like "so, you bottom?" and "want a master?". I'm not interested in that sort of relationship.

A personal pet peeve of mine, I guess. It just makes me think again that people instantly equate trans with sexual fetishism :| Oh wells.

I mean, fair enough for you girls and guys into that stuff, but I just want a "normal" relationship.
I'm actually pretty relieved to hear that.

Alfarif

NewGamePlus said:
That's one reason I wish there were FtM's in here. I would like to know more about what it's like going the other way. For instance, on one hand, it's more accepted for young girls to act masculine than for young boys to act feminine. Then again, it's probably terrible knowing you're expected to grow out of it. It also must suck beyond all suck to start menstruating. For the record I think Ted was taking shots once a week, but I could be wrong.

I wonder if the reason we don't see very many FtM in here is, not only because the female population on these boards is much lower than the male population, but because they might feel the need to now go out and do "male" activities. True, I'm male, and I'm sitting here typing this, but I've been male my entire life. What I could do that is stereotypically male is completely accepted and not "new" to me. I'm just throwing that out there.
I'm probably talking out my ass again.

Fox the Sly said:
Those pics were taken about 2001-2002 and have been lost to the times. Or were you talking about current pics?

The pictures that are now spiraling into the abyss. Haha, I was more joking than anything, though.

Android18a said:

This might just be a random observation, but it might be because of the transition. Anatomically speaking, females are receivers, males are givers. If you're transitioning, they might be wondering which direction you're likely to go based on little to no information. Or, they could be weirdos out to get a fix.

I think it's kind of sad, myself, that people ask you that before anything else. Honestly, I don't think top or bottom really matters THAT much. Hey, sometimes your legs get tired and you wanna lay on your back. Juuuuuust saying.

lexi

Banned
Okay, after a few creme eggs I'm feeling a little better.

Lately when I get upset I get upset about heaps of unrelated things. A top I ordered arrived today and it's a size too small and it made me feel fat, and I have work piling up and not enough time to do it, and I hate that it hasn't stopped raining for the last four days, this is the shortlist.

Alfarif said:
I wonder if the reason we don't see very many FtM in here is, not only because the female population on these boards is much lower than the male population, but because they might feel the need to now go out and do "male" activities. True, I'm male, and I'm sitting here typing this, but I've been male my entire life. What I could do that is stereotypically male is completely accepted and not "new" to me. I'm just throwing that out there.
I'm probably talking out my ass again.
But arguing about video games on an internet forum is a male activity. Maybe they just don't like the OT. :lol

lexi said:
raining for the last four days
Then please send that this way. I love the rain, and it starting to warm up here.

Dead Man

aoi tsuki said:
i remember that episode. It introduced me to Kate Moennig (the TG girl), who also starred on The L Word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmElCKFqK8

They video lacks the scene after he found out she was TG. Fast forward two scenes, the lead male cop goes to the bathroom and finds the boyfriend's killed himself. i think he busted the mirror and slit his throat.

The end of the second to last scene, along with the obvious conclusion... jeez, i forgot how hard that episode is to watch.
I have had a crush on that girl for years.

I really did miss something in the last pages, but I hope Lexi is okay. I'm also going to go back a few pages to address a couple questions and topics that were brought up earlier.

First, would I date a trans person. I have dated a MtF briefly, it didn't work out, but we stayed friends for a while afterwards. She was pre op, but extremely feminine and classy. More tight jeans and tshirt, or cocktail dress, rather than short skirts everywhereI think I would struggle more with a FtM partner, I love androgynous women, but for some reason I am not really attracted to FtM. But who knows if the right person came along.

Second. DADT. Let me start by saying it is a stupid policy, and I have served in the US army and experienced it firsthand. However... (there is always a 'but') there is a LOT of homophobia in the military. The vast majority of soldiers I served with would have been fine, but a large minority were violently homophobic. So I can see that the politicians may have had the best interests at heart, even if they were mistaken in what they decided to do. Also, a small benefit of DADT is that if you are non-hetero, and want out of the military, just introduce your partner. :D I saw it happen for a few soldiers, mainly lesbians, who were being harassed and wanted out but their enlistment was not up. They formally announced their homosexuality and were promptly discharged. Of course, a better response would have been for the harassment to end, but for at lest the next 10-20 years I think that will be something that most gay people in the military have to face.

And finally, I'm still in awe of you that are transitioning. It is very easy for me to blend in, I am a masculine male who loves ladies, I just happen to like boys as well. If I had to talk to other people all the time about myself, deal with other people to get permission to be myself, and all the other stuff you deal with, I think I would lose my mind.

Edit: And Lexi, you are hardly fat! Stop fishing for compliments and enjoy your hot self! :D

Top Bottom