• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Hollycat

I'm trying to set up irc on my new laptop and the link I was given a few years ago is bad. Could someone send me an up to date link
?

Well I have an update....sadly it's completely negative.

I was in the process of getting my PHd level signature for my bottom surgery and I called into my insurance to try and help the process along.

Well I got told that my insurance company shifted me to a different COO and because of it they said I will need to rebuild from the start (recreate the wheel as the terminology they used) so right now I'm in a really bad place, I can't restart because.....well I won't say that here.

So yeah I might be a bit more quiet for a while but I hope all you ladies stay strong and do well.

See Butterfly_Witch? Told ya I needed to be afraid lol. I'll try to join TransGaf chat In a couple of days.

I'm really sorry about your setback :(

We'll be waiting for you and hoping that things go better for you in the near future and that you feel better soon.

Dr. Buni

Im a straight male and Id like to know as an outsider what is harder for you:

Having to live a life as a gender you are not or having to face everyday's peoples judgement? (like the person above who was judged by the wal-mart scumbag)

I ask this because I knew someone who would like to be who he is, but was afraid of the consequences.
Speaking as someone who, for a number of reasons, still "have" to live pretending to be a man... I can tell there is nothing worse than that. It is really awful. I doubt offenses and other people's judgement can top that.

I never admitted being trans before here on GAF and it took me about 30 minutes to submit this post. Also, hi TransGAF!

Kinsei

Banned
Speaking as someone who, for a number of reasons, still "have" to live pretending to be a man... I can tell there is nothing worse than that. It is really awful. I doubt offenses and other people's judgement can top that.

I never admitted being trans before here on GAF and it took me about 30 minutes to submit this post. Also, hi TransGAF!

Hi!

I got to talk on air on a major radio show yesterday about being transgender!
Got a link? I'd like to hear.

Hello! :)

mollipen

Hmm... I'm not sure that your kind is welcome in this thread.

We squids don't take kindly to you octopuss types.

Beth Cyra

Get out ya heathen!!!

Nah seriously though that amount a time? Your stronger then I friend.

No joke I wouldn't even enter this thread for months, I would literally sit and look at the page with my mouse hovering on the link for up to 30 mins multiple times then finally talk myself out of it and go to the Transformers thread instead. So your kicking my butt there.

And of course welcome :)

Kinsei

Banned
No joke I wouldn't even enter this thread for months, I would literally sit and look at the page with my mouse hovering on the link for up to 30 mins multiple times then finally talk myself out of it and go to the Transformers thread

The local trans youth support group here is called Transformers so my mind instantly associated your post to that considering the thread we're in. I was like "What, why would there be a thread about that on Gaf?"

Amalthea

Banned
Ah yes Transformers, do they still fall appart without even playing heavily with them?
When I usually was playing with my makeshift dollhouse (wich was actually a bookshelve) my red motorbike Transformer would be that uncle who wasn't careful with the buzzsaw.

Beth Cyra

The local trans youth support group here is called Transformers so my mind instantly associated your post to that considering the thread we're in. I was like "What, why would there be a thread about that on Gaf?"
Lol. Well that is certainly something I could see causing a moment of wth?

While I do like Transformers I never post there or at least very rarely, I just wanted so bad to come in here I think it was me giving in some delusional way :/

Still I remember that first post, I was scared like a 2 year old and her parents are fighting and yelling at each other.

Dr. Buni

Hmm... I'm not sure that your kind is welcome in this thread.

We squids don't take kindly to you octopuss types.
But we octopuses are so cute. Why won't you love us?
Get out ya heathen!!!

Nah seriously though that amount a time? Your stronger then I friend.

No joke I wouldn't even enter this thread for months, I would literally sit and look at the page with my mouse hovering on the link for up to 30 mins multiple times then finally talk myself out of it and go to the Transformers thread instead. So your kicking my butt there.

And of course welcome :)
Thank you. Same here, actually. I saw this thread a couple times on the off-topic community main page but I was too scared to even click on it. I preferred to avoid trans communities until now. But I think I need to sort my life out, since I am not a kid anymore (I will be 25 soon) and this is an important step I had to take. ^^

Platy

but you .... in the other thread ....

Damn now I don't feel more a special snowflake on gaf xD

so ... ermmh ..... bem vinda ? xD

Dr. Buni

but you .... in the other thread ....

Damn now I don't feel more a special snowflake on gaf xD

so ... ermmh ..... bem vinda ? xD
Haha I was surprised to see you posting here. "Wait, I am not the only trans gaffer who lives at the end of the world?"

Obrigada! ^^

Meaty

Yes well, I cant help but think our country is not very welcoming to those who want to change. We've seen so much violence and other awful sht to those who had the courage to go through.

Kinsei

Banned
Yes well, I cant help but think our country is not very welcoming to those who want to change. We've seen so much violence and other awful sht to those who had the courage to go through.

It's not just your country. The thing is we have to push past the abuse because what's the alternative? Living in misery isn't a real life.

Dr. Buni

Hi, Chie!
You are right. That is one of the reasons I haven't started transitioning yet.

The thing is that the older I get, the harder it gets to keep living this lie. It hurts. So am willing to risk myself, even if I know I will be hurt in different ways.

Meaty

It's not just your country. The thing is we have to push past the abuse because what's the alternative? Living in misery isn't a real life.

Its just my country sounds awfully unwelcoming.

Its country #1 in terms of deaths of transexual people´and in terms of murder (brazil by the way)

Theres histories in the media all the time about beatings and murdering by retarded reasons such as "hes a freak".

Platy

Its just my country sounds awfully unwelcoming.

Its country #1 in terms of deaths of transexual people´and in terms of murder (brazil by the way)

Theres histories in the media all the time about beatings and murdering by retarded reasons such as "hes a freak".

I don't know anymore wich tab is transgaf and wich tab is brazilgaf

Shit, I am sorry to hear about Brazil. I read so many fucked up stories. I did not feel comfortable enough to be full time in Atlanta, Ga. I could not imagine being in South America.

Hell, half of my family is from Belize. I am technically first generation for them. I don't imagine that things will ever be safe enough there for me to ever visit. That is fine because I am happy to be where I am but it is fucked up to think about.

Stay safe.

Thank you. Same here, actually. I saw this thread a couple times on the off-topic community main page but I was too scared to even click on it. I preferred to avoid trans communities until now. But I think I need to sort my life out, since I am not a kid anymore (I will be 25 soon) and this is an important step I had to take. ^^

Bemvinda ao clube!!

Welcome :)

If you want or need any information please feel free to ask! I'll peg the IRC channel again for anyone who wants in, just PM me :)

Hi, Chie!

You are right. That is one of the reasons I haven't started transitioning yet.

The thing is that the older I get, the harder it gets to keep living this lie. It hurts. So am willing to risk myself, even if I know I will be hurt in different ways.

I understand that. I pretty much, only went out at night presenting as female until 32. Living like that felt kind of terrible.

Beth Cyra

Bemvinda ao clube!!

If you want or need any information please feel free to ask! I'll peg the IRC channel again for anyone who wants in, just PM me :)
Listen to this woman. IRC Gaf are a bunch of sweet hearts and BW is outstanding, she took a bunch of time just to help me out with a corset.

Dai101

Banned

Bienvenida!! Saludos desde Mexico.

And as is customary to this thread and marvelous community:

pjkGBsx.jpg

SALUD!!

** now if i could only remember where the conffetti cannon is .....**

Dr. Buni

All of you are so welcoming!
Bemvinda ao clube!!

Thank you! Do you speak Portuguese? Or Spanish maybe? :)

To be honest, I am not exactly sure how IRC works, but sure, I would love to join!
I understand that. I pretty much, only went out at night presenting as female until 32. Living like that felt kind of terrible.
That must have been awful, too. It's a thing all of us either experienced or still experience, unfortunately.
Bienvenida!! Saludos desde Mexico.

And as is customary to this thread and marvelous community:

SALUD!!

** now if i could only remember where the conffetti cannon is .....**
Obrigada. :) Saudações do Brasil!

Listen to this woman. IRC Gaf are a bunch of sweet hearts and BW is outstanding, she took a bunch of time just to help me out with a corset.

Going to make me blush :)

It was my pleasure to be able to help :)

All of you are so welcoming!
Thank you! Do you speak Portuguese? Or Spanish maybe? :)

To be honest, I am not exactly sure how IRC works, but sure, I would love to join!

Born and raised in Portugal :)

Check your PM's :)

Platy

You don't need to start with breast implants or something so drastic ... you can go to a psiquiatrist and tell her and try to get a paper saying that you are trans ... it helps a lot with the other steps of the process

Also don't worry about the age, everyone does at diferent moments and diferent speeds

Dr. Buni

Born and raised in Portugal :)

Check your PM's :)
Niice :) And thanks for the PM, I will check the IRC channel tomorrow!
You don't need to start with breast implants or something so drastic ... you can go to a psiquiatrist and tell her and try to get a paper saying that you are trans ... it helps a lot with the other steps of the process

Also don't worry about the age, everyone does at diferent moments and diferent speeds
Oh, I know. Well, I know breast implants aren't the priority, but I am not really sure what the first steps are.

I am consulting a psychologist, which is partially why I am posting here today. I would have probably kept living in this unfortunate state if not by his counseling. To think I doubted a psychologist could actually help me. ^^ Anyways, he heavily suggests I should assume what I am and stop living a lie... although he doesn't know I am a trans yet, but I am letting him know that next Tuesday. Which brings the point... Any ideas on how I should tell him that? It is something I need to do, but I don't know how.

Platy

Niice :) And thanks for the PM, I will check the IRC channel tomorrow!
Oh, I know. Well, I know breast implants aren't the priority, but I am not really sure what the first steps are.

I am consulting a psychologist, which is partially why I am posting here today. I would have probably kept living in this unfortunate state if not by his counseling. To think I doubted a psychologist could actually help me. ^^ Anyways, he heavily suggests I should assume what I am and stop living a lie... although he doesn't know I am a trans yet, but I am letting him know that next Tuesday. Which brings the point... Any ideas on how I should tell him that? It is something I need to do, but I don't know how.

On Brazil psychologist paper will only be usefull for surgery.

if you are going the "legal" route you need a psyquiatrist (medical plans usualy cover those), get a paper and go with the paper to an endocrinologist and a lawyer to enter the papers for any change

meanwhile, save money for laser hair removal

Dr. Buni

On Brazil psychologist paper will only be usefull for surgery.

if you are going the "legal" route you need a psyquiatrist (medical plans usualy cover those), get a paper and go with the paper to an endocrinologist and a lawyer to enter the papers for any change

meanwhile, save money for laser hair removal
I want to do it the right/best possible way. I don't mind having to visit a psychiatrist.

Yeah, for that I will have to sort out a new job first. :s

Jawmuncher

Figured this would be the best place to ask this question. Just want to state if I say anything wrong that I don't mean to. I'd like to be educated on proper etiquette if I make a mistake.

With that said this is my question (couldn't really find anything about this on Google).

What exactly does a self identified straight individual get labeled as when attracted to transgender individuals? I'm talking regardless of pre or post op. Would it be seen as someone not wanting to commit to the next step? Would they just be labeled bi?

My confusion stems from the identifying. In my eyes a transgender individual is the sex they want to be. Thus regular labels seem like they're out of the question here.

I know this seems like a very confusing question but I'm just very interested in the matter and understanding more.

Anura

Anyways, I rarely post here so I figured I might as well stop in and say hi with all this Jenner stuff going around. Hiya gals.

Figured this would be the best place to ask this question. Just want to state if I say anything wrong that I don't mean to. I'd like to be educated on proper etiquette if I make a mistake.

With that said this is my question (couldn't really find anything about this on Google).

What exactly does a self identified straight individual get labeled as when attracted to transgender individuals? I'm talking regardless of pre or post op. Would it be seen as someone not wanting to commit to the next step? Would they just be labeled bi?

My confusion stems from the identifying. In my eyes a transgender individual is the sex they want to be. Thus regular labels seem like they're out of the question here.

I know this seems like a very confusing question but I'm just very interested in the matter and understanding more.

Strait, you're still into women. Also I'm fine with people asking questions, I like when folks want to learn! I'm sure most of transgaf feels the same.

Beth Cyra

No need to apologize questions are more then welcome.

As far as the not transgender half it all depends.

If your a male attracted to a MtF person then your still straight as an arrow because you are attracted to a woman.

My wife for example classifies herself as a Lesbian and in a Lesbian relationship as she is in a relationship with me and I'm a Trans gender woman.

Jawmuncher

I see. Thanks for the input thus far, was very curious about it and this has helped so far. Would love to hear more from others as well still. Thanks for the warm welcoming. I wasn't sure if I was going to step on any toes or not.

I love questions!

The part where you're confusing things is probably the separation between sex and gender. :)

A transgender person is of the gender they identify as so, for example, a transgender woman is a woman like any other, even if they may have different genitalia.

Based on that, if a generic straight male were to date or to be attracted by a trans woman then they would still be straight because they are dating a woman, regardless of her genitalia.

Jawmuncher

I've been drinking but god damn I love the strength and courage of the Trans Community. I love you guys. Thanks for the answers As well.

Platy

OMFG SENSE8 HAS THE MOST OTP OF ALL OTPS

One could arguee that it depends on what makes you atracted to the person.

If it is plain physical atraction and you read the person as male (like before transition) than chances are that you are gay.

Most of the time would be kinda hard to be atracted to the little "visible male" that is left on a post transition trans woman .....

it is good to remember a thing that my friend said once : "sucking a cock does not makes me gay. Being atracted to men since I was 10 years old makes me gay and at that time it would take a loooooooooooooooong wait till I sucked my first cock" `
Basicaly ... it will not be a trans woman that will change your sexuality =P

Dai101

Banned
Thanks for the warm welcoming. I wasn't sure if I was going to step on any toes or not.

This girls are THE BEST. Real troopers, and i'm glad i can post in here aswell.

I've learned a lot reading about all the issues, troubles and sucess they have had and i'm sure as hell they have my full support and friendship if ever needed.

Also i promised drinks and a tour if anyone ever comes to Guadalajara ;-D

GamerJM

Banned
Anyways, I rarely post here so I figured I might as well stop in and say hi with all this Jenner stuff going around. Hiya gals.

Strait, you're still into women. Also I'm fine with people asking questions, I like when folks want to learn! I'm sure most of transgaf feels the same.

Okay, so I'm a cis dude who lurks this topic from time to time (partially because I've been very close with trans people before), but I've always been kind of confused about this because of the distinction between bisexual and pansexual. I frequently see people describe pansexuality as people who are attracted to cis and trans guys and girls whereas bisexual people aren't attracted to trans people. I'm guessing that this definition isn't really accurate and that pansexual means that you're attracted to men, women, and gender neutral/nonbinary people, whereas bisexual people are just attracted to men and women. But then like, what are people called who are attracted to the opposite sex and gender neutral people but not same sex? I guess this might be more appropriate for the LGB topic. And also sorry if I said something offensive or inaccurate, like the other person I'm just trying to learn :p.

mollipen

....if you take pills.

Injections are twice a month, cheaper and are low on the liver

I'm on pellets, not pills, but I still prefer to be safe than sorry. I don't mean to say that I'm not allowed to drink, just that I'm not supposed to have more than two at any one time, and not supposed to drink too often.

Okay, so I'm a cis dude who lurks this topic from time to time (partially because I've been very close with trans people before), but I've always been kind of confused about this because of the distinction between bisexual and pansexual. I frequently see people describe pansexuality as people who are attracted to cis and trans guys and girls whereas bisexual people aren't attracted to trans people. I'm guessing that this definition isn't really accurate and that pansexual means that you're attracted to men, women, and gender neutral/nonbinary people, whereas bisexual people are just attracted to men and women. But then like, what are people called who are attracted to the opposite sex and gender neutral people but not same sex? I guess this might be more appropriate for the LGB topic. And also sorry if I said something offensive or inaccurate, like the other person I'm just trying to learn :p.

Yeah, it gets messy. Internally, I feel that queer works best for me. In conversation, I just use "bi" because when you are in a world that pretty much only works in the binary, when it comes to gender, it is effectively the same thing. To the people that I would be talking to, anyway.

Pansexual does seem really wide, now that you mention it. That is another reason why I do not use it even though it kind of best describes me.

yeoz

fuck the gender binary!

My sexuality has been kinda complicated, and while I've called myself queer or pansexual (or, really, panromantic) at times before, these days it's been just easier to call myself a lesbian, simply because I keep finding myself in situations where I'm treated (typecast?) socially as a lesbian because I"m a woman who happens to have partners who are women, and it's easier just going with it than coming out to people as being pan (or ace)...

Top Bottom