• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Alchemy

Welp... got my legal name and gender fixed. Trying to tie my brain back together, still unreal feeling.

Now for paperwork hell.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
fuck the gender binary!

My sexuality has been kinda complicated, and while I've called myself queer or pansexual (or, really, panromantic) at times before, these days it's been just easier to call myself a lesbian, simply because I keep finding myself in situations where I'm treated (typecast?) socially as a lesbian because I"m a woman who happens to have partners who are women, and it's easier just going with it than coming out to people as being pan (or ace)...

Yeah. I just go with 'queer'. It's too difficult for most people who just see me as lesbian and I don't feel like I identify as lesbian - I'm pretty much attracted to everyone.

Welp... got my legal name and gender fixed. Trying to tie my brain back together, still unreal feeling.

Now for paperwork hell.

I remember that feeling. Congratulations!

Beth Cyra

Now for paperwork hell.
Congatz!!! I'm totes jealous as I still have a couple weeks to go.

I'm terrified of how many places I got to change my name though. It's going to be a full day on the phone at least.

Alchemy

Congatz!!! I'm totes jealous as I still have a couple weeks to go.

I'm terrified of how many places I got to change my name though. It's going to be a full day on the phone at least.

Most of the places need to see a copy of the name change order, so I'll be driving around to the DMV and stuff for a bit :|

Beth Cyra

Most of the places need to see a copy of the name change order, so I'll be driving around to the DMV and stuff for a bit :|
Ugh. I know it's going to take so long and now I know I have to drive around and it kills me.

Just some fun you ladies go laugh at me. I asked my SO if maybe I could go to a triple D, and she nearly kicked my ass and decided to tell me how it was and that I won't be doing that.

Ugh. I know it's going to take so long and now I know I have to drive around and it kills me.

I can link you my list of places where I needed to change stuffs like that.

Also, it's going to depend a lot on who you're dealing with. While some places may want a copy of your name change, most will not require a certified copy.

Beth Cyra

I can link you my list of places where I needed to change stuffs like that.

Also, it's going to depend a lot on who you're dealing with. While some places may want a copy of your name change, most will not require a certified copy.
Nah, it's okay. Thanks though. The problem is I live away from everything so tat is why it sucks

Kaywee

Now for paperwork hell.

Congrats Alchemy on another awesome step forward!

Also I thought I would share that Netflix recently added a movie called "Boy meets Girl" that follows a trans woman named Ricky. A friend recommended it to me and I thought it was great, so I am passing it along.

Platy

Can't you keep your job AND transition ?

If leaving the job is an option than it could not be that bad if they terminate you =P

Also in São Paulo's gay parade, a trans girl cosplayed as jesus crucified in a cross saying "homotransphobia kills" and now the christian politics wants to make "christianphobia" ilegal

=|

mollipen

Now for paperwork hell.

Damn, you aren't wasting any time, are you?!

I've got my court date set for August 4th for my name change, so I'm in the position of being frustrated it isn't two months from now for now. *heh*

I asked my SO if maybe I could go to a triple D, and she nearly kicked my ass and decided to tell me how it was and that I won't be doing that.

Damn, and here I am hoping I'll end up as a standard D by the time all is said and done. (Which, given the growth I already have, is a pretty realistic goal.)

Just some fun you ladies go laugh at me. I asked my SO if maybe I could go to a triple D, and she nearly kicked my ass and decided to tell me how it was and that I won't be doing that.

I'm not even going to tell you what size I want to go to. Let's just say that DD is my smallest acceptable size.

Dr. Buni

I told my therapist about my gender identity today. I was freaking out so much, but it all went well. He asked me to do a "homework" because he needs to know how I think and how I deal with every day stuff, but he wants to help me with my eventual transition. Anyways, the best part is that he now refuses to call me by my birth name (he now calls me Reila lol) and is referring to me with female pronouns. That took me by surprise and it was quite embarrassing because I couldn't stop smiling xD

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm not even going to tell you what size I want to go to. Let's just say that DD is my smallest acceptable size.

Why is it so important to go huge?

I've ended up with about a C cup and I'm happy. They're natural and although they look a bit funny to me, they're just boobs. Half the time I wish I could stop wearing bras :)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Damn, and here I am hoping I'll end up as a standard D by the time all is said and done. (Which, given the growth I already have, is a pretty realistic goal.)

And here I am with barely Bs. Have to wear padded bras all the time. :x

Personally, I just want mine to be apparent. Right now they're so small (and I'm so neurotic) that they don't feel like "real" breasts. At least, not as far as I'd envisioned for myself. But, oh well, boob jobs are a thing and I'm not adverse to them so I'll manage.

Amalthea

Banned
I have an A, pushing B. I'm just happy that I have them no matter how big they are.
But it took me a really long time to get used to bras. Then a few weeks ago I went outside without a bra for a day or so and it felt really weird. Not that they are comfortable but felt like something was missing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
And here I am with barely Bs. Have to wear padded bras all the time. :x

Personally, I just want mine to be apparent. Right now they're so small (and I'm so neurotic) that they don't feel like "real" breasts. At least, not as far as I'd envisioned for myself. But, oh well, boob jobs are a thing and I'm not adverse to them so I'll manage.

That's fair enough. I can understand :)

Was just being curious that's all.

Platy

Here we don't use those kinds of letters... but I would guess mine are A because I never feel them unless I am jumping down stairs =P

....which is kinda the reason why I praticaly never wear a bra ... the idea is to hold something and ... there is nothing to hold xD

Alchemy

Damn, you aren't wasting any time, are you?!

I've got my court date set for August 4th for my name change, so I'm in the position of being frustrated it isn't two months from now for now. *heh*

I just want to get all this stuff over with, though I was stressing out like crazy the few days earlier. My court stuff was weird, I showed up, we waited a while, had to listen to some other cases before me, then they handed me the signed paper and I went to get [expensive] copies. Judge didn't even talk to me. Gonna hit up the DMV today and get that sorted out.

As for boobs, I'm at an A and would be fine with Bs. Anything after that for me is just a bonus.

mollipen

I just want to get all this stuff over with, though I was stressing out like crazy the few days earlier. My court stuff was weird, I showed up, we waited a while, had to listen to some other cases before me, then they handed me the signed paper and I went to get [expensive] copies. Judge didn't even talk to me. Gonna hit up the DMV today and get that sorted out.

Interesting. I've been wondering over and over what my court date would be like. I think the problem is that I watch too much Law & Order SVU, so I have this overly-dramatic image of what'll happen in my head. *laughs*

Some people just want that, because that's how they feel they would look best. Just like some people prefer short hair, while others prefer long. In all of the time that I've wanted to have breasts (even when I didn't understand why), I've wanted a decent chest. I've got the kind of body that is perfect for the "relatively skinny/average weight with nice curves" look, so that's what I'd love to end up with.

And, I don't know, boobs are awesome. So I want ones big enough to appreciate, and show off. *heh*

Reishiki

Banned
I'm somewhere between A and B after 3.5 months on HRT. I wear quite large (177.5g per insert, advertised to add two sizes) bra inserts whenever I go out and at work, though, to add to muh curves. I'll probably stop using them or go to a smaller set as time goes on.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I forgot I wrote that drunk post. Still stands true though.

I think basically hot people are hot, regardless of any labels!

Interesting. I've been wondering over and over what my court date would be like. I think the problem is that I watch too much Law & Order SVU, so I have this overly-dramatic image of what'll happen in my head. *laughs*

Some people just want that, because that's how they feel they would look best. Just like some people prefer short hair, while others prefer long. In all of the time that I've wanted to have breasts (even when I didn't understand why), I've wanted a decent chest. I've got the kind of body that is perfect for the "relatively skinny/average weight with nice curves" look, so that's what I'd love to end up with.

And, I don't know, boobs are awesome. So I want ones big enough to appreciate, and show off. *heh*

That's totally cool. Was just being nosey. I'm not sure how I feel about my boobs. I've never really noticed them :-S they're basically just blobby bits I stuff into a bra in the morning!

Jawmuncher

I think basically hot people are hot, regardless of any labels!

That's totally cool. Was just being nosey. I'm not sure how I feel about my boobs. I've never really noticed them :-S they're basically just blobby bits I stuff into a bra in the morning!

I agree. I wasn't drunk when I asked my first question so that stands. As for the second part that stands true as well. My buddies girlfriend goes through a lot but keeps with. It's pretty amazing to see.

Also i didn't know HRT helped with chest development. Don't know why I didn't piece that together.

Platy

I agree. I wasn't drunk when I asked my first question so that stands. As for the second part that stands true as well. My buddies girlfriend goes through a lot but keeps with. It's pretty amazing to see.

Also i didn't know HRT helped with chest development. Don't know why I didn't piece that together.

hrt is basicaly everything happened at puberty except maybe (YMMV) bone changes if made after the first puberty

Dai101

Banned
Hi girls, what happ....

L0ggPdz.jpg

.........oh my

Alchemy

I was the same way, I was getting ready to have to defend myself being trans in court or getting ready for the Judge to be like "you didn't dot an i on this page" *DENIED FOREVER*. Irrational crazies on my part, it is actually pretty simple and people shockingly want to help you out and tell you correct information and stuff.

Beth Cyra

This really sums up why I wanted DD or bigger. I just did though I'm not lucky to have that skinny girl look dang it.

mollipen

Yeah. Rule of thumb that the doctor told me was that you should end up one cup size less than your mum.

That's what I've always heard.

I was the same way, I was getting ready to have to defend myself being trans in court or getting ready for the Judge to be like "you didn't dot an i on this page" *DENIED FOREVER*. Irrational crazies on my part, it is actually pretty simple and people shockingly want to help you out and tell you correct information and stuff.

So, hey! Question. Did you do the whole "announce your name change in the paper for four weeks" thing? When I was going through the rules for Cali name changes, it says that that step isn't required for those changing their name due to gender identity reasons. But now I've got this fear that I'll step into the courtroom and the judge will ask me why I didn't do it.

Hi girls, what happ....

L0ggPdz.jpg

.........oh my

Hmm. Should I be mean? I really feel like I should be mean.

Alchemy

So, hey! Question. Did you do the whole "announce your name change in the paper for four weeks" thing? When I was going through the rules for Cali name changes, it says that that step isn't required for those changing their name due to gender identity reasons. But now I've got this fear that I'll step into the courtroom and the judge will ask me why I didn't do it..

Nope, no one brought it up at all. Didn't even talk to the judge.

Just got done with the DMV, should be getting my fixed Drivers License in two weeks. I guess fixing my social security and getting my passport is next T.T

Is there a GovernmentFormsGaf?

I've ended up with about a C cup and I'm happy. They're natural and although they look a bit funny to me, they're just boobs. Half the time I wish I could stop wearing bras :)

Shidoshi explained it pretty well in my opinion.

Honestly it's all about what you see yourself as and that is how I see myself as. I'm not looking to emulate anyone else or obtain specific shapes to make someone else happy or make people like me, I just want to finally be myself and after years of introspection it means having fairly large boobs :)

It's just the right choice for me and I understand that others may have different priorities and goals and that's totally okay.

Also, DD's are hardly THAT big. If you check the bra band project you'll see some real DD ladies there and they're probably a lot smaller than you think :)

Lucky you!
I actually had to present before the Judge and stuff!

Honestly it's super easy and painless, it's just another day pushing papers for everyone else really. They just want to help you get your business done so they can go back on Facebook and stuff :p

Yeah. Rule of thumb that the doctor told me was that you should end up one cup size less than your mum.

Don't focus just on your mom, look at her sisters as well as your grandmother and her sisters! Genetics are weird like that :)

Honestly it is a pretty loose "rule", I've seen trans women who had super busty parents that ended up with tiny ant hills for boobies and then people who have super flat boobs in the family end up with natural DD's out of nowhere.

Hormones are magic.

Is there a GovernmentFormsGaf?

I keep telling you I can help you with all of that but nooooo.... :p

mollipen

Just got done with the DMV, should be getting my fixed Drivers License in two weeks. I guess fixing my social security and getting my passport is next T.T

Huh, I was under the impression I was supposed to do social security first, and then driver's license. I guess I'll have to do more research.

Alchemy

Huh, I was under the impression I was supposed to do social security first, and then driver's license. I guess I'll have to do more research.

I don't think so... drivers license stuff is a little weird, believe I could have gotten the gender marker fixed before even getting the court stuff sorted out. All you need is a DMV form filled out by your doc.

Reishiki

Banned
The whole going to court thing seems totally crazy to me. I believe that there is some sort of formal process you can go through in the UK, but I just paid for some online solicitor to print out this formal looking pre-completed statement stating my new name under some name law from the 1800s, which they then sent me multiple copies of.

The only thing I had to do then was have all eight copies signed off by a witness, which ended up being the receptionist at the clinic I attend. Work, my bank and a bunch of other stuff just accept this signed piece of paper with no other questions asked.

The only thing I can't change yet is my actual Birth Certificate, which requires a year of full time living, which I won't realistically hit until later this year at the earliest.

Top Bottom