• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

TOO MANY CHOICES!
ib0ovenlLpIHqW.gif

mollipen

I would work out if I could view a stats screen of myself with RPG mechanics.

This has forever been my complaint about fitness "games". I don't want a virtual replica of being at a gym—if I wanted that experience, I'd be AT a gym! I want something that's going to feel like a game to me, and which is going to keep up my interest!

We really need games that promote activity and fitness just because music/dance games. I have ridiculous trouble staying interested in doing exercise, but if I could find something mixed with a game that was actually fun and enjoyable, I'd be able to keep with it for far longer.

Eating healthier implies cooking. Working out is easier, even if dull.

See, I find cooking a thousand times easier/more interesting than working out. For me, diet isn't at all the problem—lack of exercise is.

thatbox

Banned
This has forever been my complaint about fitness "games". I don't want a virtual replica of being at a gym—if I wanted that experience, I'd be AT a gym! I want something that's going to feel like a game to me, and which is going to keep up my interest!

We really need games that promote activity and fitness just because music/dance games. I have ridiculous trouble staying interested in doing exercise, but if I could find something mixed with a game that was actually fun and enjoyable, I'd be able to keep with it for far longer.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

This is the one I remembered from that old Bombcast.

Emitan

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

This is the one I remembered from that old Bombcast.

*clicks on buy*

*remembers she has no money in her bank account*

;~;

Final Fantasy XIII needed treadmill support!

tiff

Banned
Eating healthier implies cooking. Working out is easier, even if dull.
This is my experience. I can plop a laptop in front of a stationary bike and just watch anime for an hour, but cooking is much more of a chore. Unhealthy food is hard to give up too.

Emitan

I followed a recipe to make some amazing creamy baked mac n cheese in a crockpot.
It was so amazing.

Following directions to cook is so easy!

*can't even figure out how to turn on the stove*

I tried to make macaroni and cheese when my parents were away and I had the house to myself. I TRIED SO HARD D:

Good, so chicken for Femmeworth and mac & cheese for...

...waitaminute, when did I end up being a chef for both of you?
Oh hell, I'll probably still do it.

Boogiepop

Losing weight is hard, especially when in college. No matter what bad stuff I cut out or good stuff I add in to my diet, I only seem to be able to break even at best. Of course, that's probably mostly because I can't get myself into a proper exercise regiment! Not that I'm fat or anything (actually pretty darn good for my height), but I've definitely got a teensy bit of a gut and I hate it!

Oh well, maybe I'll finally whip myself into shape now that summer's coming up!

Losing weight is hard, especially when in college. No matter what bad stuff I cut out or good stuff I add in to my diet, I only seem to be able to break even at best. Of course, that's probably mostly because I can't get myself into a proper exercise regiment! Not that I'm fat or anything (actually pretty darn good for my height), but I've definitely got a teensy bit of a gut and I hate it!

Oh well, maybe I'll finally whip myself into shape now that summer's coming up!
When I first attended college I actually lost weight. Unfortunately I've gained it all back since I moved back home. :(
I didn't even know that existed. But I don't even really know what lactose is besides "that stuff that's in dairy products".
Lactose is a sugar.

Femmeworth is just probably just referring to a non-dairy milk like soy or almond. (P.S.: Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk is the best.)
I drink Lactaid's milk, which is real milk. Haven't had almond milk, only rice. The problem with the milk substitutes is they have a lower protein content.

yeoz

X2Arb.jpg

http://runkeeper.com/ (also avaliable for android)
I highly recommend runkeeper, though I've personally phased it out in favor of just using a fitbit (~$100 on amazon, though it's been on sale before) to track stuff.
Runkeeper is good and was pretty accurate for me before I decided to cough up the money for a fitbit.
Was just easier that way (and didn't kill the battery on my phone) and the fitbit tracks calories burned throughout the entire day.

I love the Nike+ GPS iPhone app. I recently clocked over 500km on mine.

I have no problems exercising, I just can't do portion control. I don't have that flag in my programming that switches to "full" when it's time.

@Billie Try to lose weight NOW. It's no easier after you start HRT.

yeoz

I've been getting mixed messages. Should I start weightloss now or when I'm on hormones?
The way I see it, you shouldn't worry too much about losing weight right now. What you should do right now is focus on developing good habits (in terms of nutrition, watching what you eat, and exercise).
Don't focus on weight loss, but do figure out what you need to do to get to where you want to be. And define that in terms of how you need to change your lifestyle, and start working on that right now.

Weight loss is temporary. Changing your lifestyle, your approach to food and diet, and your approach to exercise and keeping fit, changes everything.
Pounds and ounces fluctuate day to day, week to week. But your lifestyle will stick with you until the very end.

YMMV though, and if you feel like you absolutely must lose weight now, then do it. Only you know your body, and if you feel it's right for you, then go ahead.
I mean, you've obviously been stressing about it. And if it helps to relieve stress, then by all means, go for it, and start losing weight now.

Your hormones have a strong bearing on how fat is distributed in your body, and I feel strongly that losing weight before HRT may be counterproductive.
I tend to believe that it doesn't necessarily make sense to lose significant weight until you're on HRT, because you want fat to be lost or redistributed in a fashion controlled by your replacement hormones.
I admit that this is a probably a controversial belief on my part. I suppose it could also be a totally inaccurate view, too. I'm not going to claim to be an expert. NONE OF THE ABOVE IS MEDICAL ADVICE

Honestly, in the long run, it probably doesn't even make that much of a difference when you start losing weight.
What does make a difference is how you go about it, and building lifelong habits now to match. (ie: Don't just lose weight, control your weight.)

sidebar: I can not recommend this book enough: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (amazon). It's really changed how I think about obesity, food and carbs (which I'm still trying to completely cut out of my diet).
I also love the physicsdiet website as a way of visually understanding your weight and weight trend in a way that only internet graphs can show :p

Top Bottom