• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

I don't feel I fit in amongst all of you, or maybe its because I feel I have nothing good to bring to the table (discussion).
Anyway, best of luck to all of you, I hope you all get to be who you were meant to be.
Farewell.

tiff

Banned
"cause hes just pretending to be a woman, duh. it's totally different from race because race isn't a choice!"
Yeah, most people are going to dismiss the comparison right away because they see transgenderism as more a game or delusion than something real and sensible.

I don't feel I fit in amongst all of you, or maybe its because I feel I have nothing good to bring to the table (discussion).
Anyway, best of luck to all of you, I hope you all get to be who you were meant to be.
Farewell.

Really? I think part of being trans is feeling like you don't fit in anywhere, but there you go.

Farewell.
I really hope you are not pulling a me. *crosses fingers* Anyway, you shouldn't say that. It's not like we are discussing high concepts in here. >_> This is effectively a community thread, so feel free to post in here. :)

mollipen

Frist, thank you for sticking up for her. As loud as the voice of a minority can be in defending themselves, having a voice from the minority doing it can often come off as much louder.

And while some may disagree with me, I say talk to her if she comes back. Just say that you're sorry for the way your co-workers acted the last time she was in, and that you felt really bad about it. You don't have to make a big scene out of it, and you don't have to make any mention of the trans topic when doing so. I just know if I was here, and has somebody there say something like that to me, I'd definitely appreciate it.

IceDoesntHelp: The only thing you ever have to contribute to this thread is yourself, and I'd like to believe that we've never made anybody feel unwelcome or unwanted. We've had everybody from those who have fully transitioned, to those who are simply curious about the whole transgender thing, be a part of this thread.

If there's some bigger reason for your saying that, or there's something personal going on, you are always welcome to PM me if you'd like.

Dead Man

Farewell.

I am a manly cis man who has no experience with gender dysphoria, and I am tolerated here. If I can feel welcome, anyone can, hang around.

Jintor

"cause hes just pretending to be a woman, duh. it's totally different from race because race isn't a choice!"

who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

Appropriate response

Whether or not she made a choice is an argument of distraction. The only thing that really matters is the golden rule.

tiff

Banned
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif[IMG]

Appropriate response

Whether or not she made a choice is an argument of distraction. The only thing that really matters is the golden rule.[/QUOTE]
Except people don't actually follow the golden rule. It's generally accepted that it's okay to mock people who make poor decisions - it's a mindset you find on forums even as liberal as GAF, which is why transgender-related news threads tend to be GAFer death traps.

Correctly painting the issue as a legitimate dysphoria that a person has carried their entire life rather than a choice made on a whim does a lot to win sympathy from people. It's why gays have fought so hard to prove that homosexuality isn't a choice.

Jintor

Not that I'm painting it as a choice made on a whim, but - ignoring general public sympathy - does it matter either way? So long as it doesn't harm other people, what business is it of anybody's but that person?

mollipen

That story is pretty much why I'm terrified to even try. :/

But it shouldn't be. Will bad times like that come up? Absolutely. But for that woman, that encounter was, what, 15 minutes of her day? If you allow the small interactions with ignorant people to rule your entire life, then that to me is a worse fate.

sophora

But it shouldn't be. Will bad times like that come up? Absolutely. But for that woman, that encounter was, what, 15 minutes of her day? If you allow the small interactions with ignorant people to rule your entire life, then that to me is a worse fate.

Yeah it is terrible...slowly trying to realize it is. Just still a bit scared is all, just have to be confident and just be myself I guess..getting there slowly

Really? I think part of being trans is feeling like you don't fit in anywhere, but there you go.
really? so I shouldn't feel like I fit in a transgender community? how odd.

Are you okay?
No.

I really hope you are not pulling a me. *crosses fingers* Anyway, you shouldn't say that. It's not like we are discussing high concepts in here. >_> This is effectively a community thread, so feel free to post in here. :)
hmm?
I guess. I don't know, its just like a lot of community threads..I feel so out of place within them. I don't know why.

If there's some bigger reason for your saying that, or there's something personal going on, you are always welcome to PM me if you'd like.
Thanks.

Also, just read that story. Good job for standing up for her, its nice to know there are still good people out there.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I've always considered that to be 'medium', with D-cup starting the 'big' sizes.

I just wanna be proportional, that's all. Which probably means C-cup, for my height. But, shrug.

DID SOMEONE FLASH THE BOOB-SIGNAL!?

NSFW http://sophiajenner.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dd.jpg

D/DD is fairly medium in size contrary to popular belief. Most women just choose whatever they think fits without really measuring themselves (plus sizes change over our lives and many women keep buying the same size regardless of this.) Also, just the cup isn't enough to determine size as the band is also a factor. Especially in the US bras are really misunderstood despite the fact that they are very important.

But all breast sizes are beautiful so don't worry about it too much :3

*flies*

Emitan

NSFW: http://sophiajenner.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dd.jpg

D/DD is fairly medium in size contrary to popular belief. Most women just choose whatever they think fits without really measuring themselves (plus sizes change over our lives and many women keep buying the same size regardless of this.) Also, just the cup isn't enough to determine size as the band is also a factor. Especially in the US bras are really misunderstood despite the fact that they are very important.

*flies*

Pure Pure Lissar~

Let me give you another story then :)

I transitioned over a decade ago, I spent at most six months in an inbetweenie stage and since then, barely a peep out of anyone. It's been more than ten years since anyone but my doctor worked out I'm trans, and life is good.

And I was hella lazy for my transition. If I can get here, anyone can :)

mollipen

As I've talked about on here before, I found myself absolutely hating one of the bigger transgender communities on the internet. Just because you identify with something and other people identify with it doesn't mean you're instantly going to feel an actual kinship.

I really like the people in this thread and the way the community (if you want to call it that) feels, but I would also caution against thinking that it's going to be for everybody. Some people simply may not like the idea of being part of a community period; others might have trouble connecting with people who are little more than text on a screen, while still others may have one of a variety of reasons for not being able to make that connection.

I'd like to think that this thread exists are a resource for you to find help if that's what you need, but it's also simply fact that not everybody will feel like they fit in or belong.

And to be honest, there's little to no "communities" here on GAF that I feel like I could be a part of outside of this thread. To me, it always feels like it's a group of people who have known one another forever, and I'm the stranger trying to join up when they weren't asked to. Hell, I've felt that way for the TransGAF stuff as well at times! When things were first starting up, to me it always seemed like everybody was making friends and talking via IM or whatever else, but I was never included in any of that.

I'm not saying your case is one of feelings of self-doubt and "not belonging", but if that is the case, then I completely understand those feelings.

Whenever I feel like I have a handle on breast/bra size, I see something like the image you posted and realize that I still know so little. Learning algebra is easier that calculating bra size!

All I know is, "generous B/C-cup" be damned—DD, here I come!

hmm?
I guess. I don't know, its just like a lot of community threads..I feel so out of place within them. I don't know why.
Posting, "farewell" in this thread isn't a good sign sometimes. >_>

NSFW http://sophiajenner.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dd.jpg

*flies*
O_O They're beautiful.

yeoz

really? so I shouldn't feel like I fit in a transgender community? how odd. I guess.

I don't know, its just like a lot of community threads..I feel so out of place within them. I don't know why.
Ignore jamie. You fit in this community. You are like us, sharing similar experiences and troubles. We're here to talk, to help and support you, or just to be here if you need it... We've all been through similar experiences, struggling with figuring everything out. You are not alone.

I've lurked here for years, and it took me a long while to figure out where I belonged in this community. No one is going to kick you out of the it for being different, and you shouldn't throw yourself out either.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Whenever I feel like I have a handle on breast/bra size, I see something like the image you posted and realize that I still know so little. Learning algebra is easier that calculating bra size!

Yeah, it's really hard to figure everything out. I've tried to manage this stuff for 18 years and I'm still not sure I get it. :s Best I think is to figure out your band size and then just try stuff on to find out what fits the best. Worrying about cup size will just give you headaches.

O_O They're beautiful.

Yes :3

angelfly

Ignore jamie. You fit in this community. You are like us, sharing similar experiences and troubles. We're here to talk, to help and support you, or just to be here if you need it... We've all been through similar experiences, struggling with figuring everything out. You are not alone.

I've lurked here for years, and it took me a long while to figure out where I belonged in this community. No one is going to kick you out of the it for being different, and you shouldn't throw yourself out either.

During my high school days I lurked in actual support groups. Well more like hangout/support communities for teens and people in their early 20s. I went for a year and just read books or did homework. The atmosphere was a great escape from home but I always had a feeling of not quite fitting in (I wasn't a very social person in the first place). After a year I started to loosen up and became friends with some great people of which without I probably wouldn't be here today.

People's stories vary. You won't necessarily be able to be identified as trans when you go out dressed female, it depends on how much work you do on your presentation before-hand, how self-aware you are in how you look, and to some extent, genetics. It won't necessarily happen to you. Hey, it didn't happen to me.

I'm just saying don't let a feeling of not fitting-in stop you posting, it doesn't stop me. :p

Platy

Not sure if it is a metric/imperial stuff, but here nobody uses a letter .... so it is basicaly only a number ... like other clothing.

MUCH easier

edit :

OMFG WOMAN IN A BRA WARNING
An example of an online shopping if people find it strange...

Emitan

I wish I lived away from home so I could start doing stuff :(

I can't shave or wear women stuff or do anything for years...

I'm starting to get depressed.

Platy

I wish I lived away from home so I could start doing stuff :(

I can't shave or wear women stuff or do anything for years...

I'm starting to get depressed.

...are you a nordic god or something ?

=P

You can save money .. wich is very importante, and if you happen to save LOTS of money, you can do small-big stuff like Laser

Platy

My beard gives me strength

but seriously my family would wonder why im shaving my legs

just going to put this and walk away slowly

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/fashion/men-turn-to-bikini-waxing.html

Men’s bikini waxing accounts for around 70 percent of the weekly business at Face to Face, a discreet salon in the Flatiron district of Manhattan with a predominantly male clientele founded eight years ago by Enrique Ramirez. “When I started, I was like, ‘Nobody’s going to come in and get this done,’ and it’s just kept growing and growing,” Mr. Ramirez said. “In the past two years, it’s been crazy.”
[...]
His comfort might also be explained by the number of visibly depilated men, like David Beckham and the Situation, increasingly evident in mass media. “It’s not emulating something you’ve seen in some X-rated film,” said Jason Chen, an associate style editor at Details. “It’s about maintaining yourself and keeping things clean.”

...or you can try professional swiming .... but i heard it not helps with the shoulders ...

edit : forgot one more ...

OR .... you can go the awesome feminist way

NMwZx.gif

xD

Top Bottom