• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

Kiyo

Why would it be stretched? There are plenty of games that are only rendered in 16:9 that put black bars on my 16:10 display. I can't remember the last one that didn't do it itself, and if that was the case my GPU can do it. And if my GPU couldn't do it, my monitor could.

Yes, it's rendered at 16:9 @ 1080p but looks awful when scaled up to 2560x1440. Anyway, I'm just playing it in a window right now, but 30 mins in and I'm already wishing I had got it on my PS4.

The game itself is great though so far. I'm loving it.

ocean

Banned
Done with finals tomorrow! I'll get my game on for real now.

Okami HD (PS3), Child of Light (PS4) or Transistor (PS4)? I'll probably end up getting them all eventually but what do you feel is closer to "must play"?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Okami HD (PS3), Child of Light (PS4) or Transistor (PS4)? I'll probably end up getting them all eventually but what do you feel is closer to "must play"?

I'd go for Child of Light and then Transistor. Okami is just too good to be rushed.

Anyone on PC encountered an issue with freezing/stuttering in the first 20 minutes? Keeps happening for me and it's rather annoying. My hardware should definitely be up to snuff, so not sure what's causing the issues.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Anyone on PC encountered an issue with freezing/stuttering in the first 20 minutes? Keeps happening for me and it's rather annoying. My hardware should definitely be up to snuff, so not sure what's causing the issues.

I've had a few as I've moved around within the first hour of play. Not sure what's causing it. Doesn't seem to be a saving thing or an asset load thing.

Vexxan

Been happening for me as well, really starting to get to me now...

JoeFu

Banned
It's really cool not being able to get into the main menu. Game crashes on boot up and gives me
iGZ6l6qQAYVVD.png

Grief.exe

I see little ghosts walking around. Dark/Demon Souls influence? Or are they just arbitrary projections?

I think the first was Retro City Rampage. Cook, Serve, Delicious also has full 360 and PS4 controller prompts.

Love that attention to detail.

I have only played Child of Light but I loved it! I played it in the middle of exams and it was just a huge stress relief between exams. Can't recommend it enough.

Kinthalis

Banned
Like I said if the assets were painted in 1080p you can't play it at higher resolutions without blurring it out.

And don't expect a patch as this would require the assets to be repainted in higher resolutions which is obviously not going to happen :p

That's not how that works. In fact playing at 1080p (fullscreen) on my 1440p monitor will blur it out.

It definitely would have meant reworking the UI though. The areas would simply be smaller on a larger display, or a better description would be that the view port would cover a larger area, so you would be abelto see more of the world.

Again, that probably would need to be playtested, who knows what sorts of triggers and exploits woudl arise if you don't check everythign first. So I can see why they didn't do it, but I still think they should have.

Oh well. I'll play it non-fullscreen, or better yet, I'lll shoot it to my TV.

ScOULaris

Let the initial impressions flow forth. I'm on the fence, so I need to hear from the GAF hivemind before pulling the trigger on this one.

For what it's worth, I found Bastion to be a bit boring.

This. We can play it in about 24 hours, but the wait is always hard when the US people can already play. Maybe we should start a twitter campaign so they'll update the EU store also on tuesdays lol.
You can get it from US PS Store. It's cheaper that way, and you get it earlier. Just be sure to set your US PSN account as your main account on PS4 (it's easily switchable, and you won't have any problems - I've used that for some of PS3 cross-buy games and for some new PS4 stuff, MGS V: Ground Zeroes in particular. Zero issues so far)

Edit: even with your US account as main one, you'll be able to play everything else you got on your UK/EU account, you just need to buy and download it using your US one.

ButchCat

I'm from the UK and have a US account. Why does it still say preorder while here people say they have downloaded the game?

Edit: US gaffers, does this happen to you too?

fedexpeon

Banned
What's the parity policy? I'm not familiar with it.

Basically:
Dev: We are going to release the game on PS4 first then port it to the X1 at a later point.
MS: Oh, you don't say? Get the eff out, you need to release the game on both system at the same time, or you will never get to release the game on our system!
Dev: Why? It is the same game! We just need some extra income right now since the PS4 is already finished.
MS: Eff you. Our policy is more important than supporting you!
Dev: Well, eff you too.

Gamers: Bro, where is your game on the X1? Did Sony moneyhat you?
Dev: Go talk to MS.

Sai-kun

Banned
This game is amazing so far.

Just as fun as it was when I played it at PAX Prime last year. I know there's at least one SuperGiant dev on here, so congrats to you and your team. :)

Basically:
Dev: We are going to release the game on PS4 first then port it to the X1 at a later point.
MS: Oh, you don't say? Get the eff out, you need to release the game on both system at the same time, or you will never get to release the game on our system!
Dev: Why? It is the same game! We just need some extra income right now since the PS4 is already finished.

Never heard of this till now, but I have to agree with xxracerxx. That is one stupid fucking policy

Vire

Basically:

That seems incredibly silly, but hey, go ahead and cut off your nose to spite your face.

Top Bottom