• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

Spawnling

Love the soundtrack. It's nice to actually see an indie game run so smoothly, the particle effects are amazing and the control are SUPER easy to learn.

megalowho

This game is slick. Really impressed with the combat and ability system early on, both in practice and conceptually. Feels good to pause, plan and watch your combo unfold. Just inspected one of the early Functions and got a smile on my face, not to mention the access point UI itself which is beautiful and explains potentially complex upgrade results clearly.

Also the soundtrack, the pacing, the beauty of Cloudbank.. there's a lot to like about this game early on for sure.

I love the upgrade system. Every action can be the main or the booster. So many combinations to play with. If only I didn't have to work today.

AHA-Lambda

How does the saving in this work?

I got to the first access point which it says should save my progress but when I came back to the game it put me back at the very start?

Vire

Quick thoughts:

1. Presentation is absolutely beautiful, the visuals and and music are superb.

2. Not sure if I like how dense the text logs about each character are. I feel a little overwhelmed with the number of names and people the game is introducing me to. Why should I care about these people? Story seems very vague and open for interpretation so far.

3. It's hard to know which combinations are useful in combat when upgrading functions. Almost too many options at the outset.

4. I'm constantly worried whether or not I'm missing some little vignette, the game doesn't make it clear which path progresses the story and which path is an optional objective. To make matters worse it seems like sometimes areas are closed off if you progress in the story and you are unable to return an area you possibly missed something.

5. I like this game.

Trey

4. I'm constantly worried whether or not I'm missing some little vignette, the game doesn't make it clear which path progresses the story and which path is an optional objective. To make matters worse it seems like sometimes areas are closed off if you progress in the story and you are unable to return an area you possibly missed something.

Bastion had this problem, too. Sometimes the narration would let you know if you were going in the direction that advanced the level proper.

SheHateMe

Soooooo.... I fucking love this game.

It reminds me of Parasite Eve, and PE is one of my Top Ten games ever.

Outside of my PS4, best purchase I've made this year so far.

todahawk

Finally came in handy for something! =]

edit:

btw, I sadly never saw any Gustav Klimt art until you posted the pics, which I found really pretty. Googled him for more, really like his art. So, thanks for that.

Ha! You're very welcome.
Yep, been a fan of his since undergrad and I have a couple of books on him with nice big color plates. Lovely stuff.

styl3s

Same, just want some answers as I don't know which version to buy.. if the framerate is better on PC that would be my deciding factor.
I tweeted Greg "Can you confirm if it runs 1080/60 on ps4" and he said "It does in most cases".

I'm guessing when shits fucking insane on screen it might drop a little.

Hmm... managed to sprain my ankle today and will be home from work tomorrow due to not being able to walk. Get this game today or when the paycheck arrives on friday? Hmm... questions...
If you can afford it, get it! Otherwise it's not that long till Friday.

Oh thanks!

Veering towards PS4 version then.
Yeah that's what i am going with.

My PS4 hasn't been getting much love in the past month and my PC is going to get all the love with Wildstar/Watch Dogs in like a week.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Hmm... managed to sprain my ankle today and will be home from work tomorrow due to not being able to walk. Get this game today or when the paycheck arrives on friday? Hmm... questions...

Eusis

Same, just want some answers as I don't know which version to buy.. if the framerate is better on PC that would be my deciding factor.
60 FPS on PS4 with "acceptable compromises" when the action gets particularly hectic.

I feel I might actually have trouble telling if it were 30 or 60 partially thanks to limited animation frames, but the scrolling's definitely smooth.

EDIT: Saw I was answered, but yeah FPS isn't a significant issue unless you have a 120hz monitor and I didn't look to see how that went for that. Gameplay probably wouldn't be that aversely affected given it's essentially a real time turn based variant. Like Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, or a more interesting Fallout 3/NV VATS.

sharnaak

90 minutes or so into it.
It looks, feels and sounds awesome, so far it is everything I was expecting.
The only downside so far is that from time to time (well, rarely) it freezes for half a second, but it might also be my pc.

I'll take a break from it for now though, I don't want to burn through it in just a couple of days...

skynidas

Banned
Holy shit this soundtrack and how it is so Well implemented in the game. Also the art style and story are awesome so far. Definitely worth the money spent.

Hmm - every time I go to buy it on the PS Store website, it says I'm pre-ordering it. Is this a glitch? Seems like it's genuinely up. Just want to start the download.

at least you can start the game!

At least you don't get temptation to play a broken release and waste 3 hours of your lift in the process! Admittedly they would have been 3 miserable, sniffly cold ridden hours but that's not the point.

Hey -- that is horrible and I'm sorry.

Please feel free to email support at supergiantgames with any technical issues. We have a FAQ going in our Steam forum, for anyone having trouble with the game for any reason.

Thanks Greg, I tried turning off the steam overlays like the FAQ which is when the crash occurred so I'll just send an email and wait for the issues to be fixed. With that said I was really enjoying the game up to that point, hence the continuing to play it through multiple crashes.

Kaldea

This game is very much worth the wait. Only an hour and a half in so far but I'm very happy with everything, especially art and music. :D

Get() is God of the Battlefield.

How can you tell what/where you're targeting in turn mode?

From how I understand it:

Enemies that will be hit are highlighted orange while aiming in turn mode, and any queued attacks will show the damage/status dealt to the enemy - or "protected" if the enemy cannot be damaged, "blocked" if they cannot be hit because you're out of range or obstructed, and some other thing if the target is friendly (I think). Orange areas on the ground indicate where an attack will hit in the area, useful for planning ahead. Those blue circles can help line-up shots.

Keep in mind that sometimes enemies will move while a turn is being executed and Red can end up missing, so it isn't always 100% accurate.

I also want to say there's been a few occasions where it lied about whether an enemy was immune, but I can't be sure.

I've had the pausing myself. Audio carries on.. just the picture holds for a second or two then carries on. Very odd.

I am facing the same issue and it really hurts the gorgeous immersion. Hopefully it will be fixed though. Regardless of that, I'm absolutely in love with the art and ost. Still learning with the turn-based mechanic but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Top Bottom