• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

Tak3n

Banned
I anyone has the weird stretch screen bug on PC

simple fix

go into local files, find the .exe right click, compatibility, tick the dpi box, apply... all good :)

Calling it now, this will get GOTY

Eusis

That seems incredibly silly, but hey, go ahead and cut off your nose to spite your face.
I think it's more that they don't want to get the stigma of being late or second class, but by doing this they're potentially going to dig that hole very deep. For indies they could easily be less second class and more whatever Wii U is for AAA retail.

Grief.exe

That first boss makes you realize that it really is a mix of action and tactical RPG.

You really had to use the Tactical side to dodge her attacks and line up your own, there really was no other way to beat the boss that I saw.

Hixx

Initial thoughts (playing on PS4):

- Presentation is even better than it was in Bastion. Art is higher quality and more... dense, I suppose.
- A tutorial for the skill menu (the equipping of them) would have been nice but it didn't take too long to work out.
- Combat... it's hard to say whether it's better or worse than in Bastion because it's so different, so I won't. However it is fun and though you spend most of the time fighting using the strategical queue, you can't rely on it when it comes to defence so there's a nice balance of calm before the storm though it feels like a cycle that may get a bit repetitive.

Enjoying it so far, though.

I'm from the UK and have a US account. Why does it still say preorder while here people say they have downloaded the game?

Edit: US gaffers, does this happen to you too?

If you use the web store you go through the pre-order still but once you've paid it lets you download to your PS4.

Only an hour in and God this game is great. It's blowing my mind right now.

Not in a revolutionary gameplay way, but in the overall theme, originality and setting.

Wunder

About an hour in so far and it's been an absolute blast. Quick question regarding a function you pick up that featured in Giant Bomb's QL:
How do you control the Help() dogs? Or in my case, I've put Help on my Jaunt and it creates a User Copy, but I can't select it to tell it what to do.
I'm sure I'm missing a button press or something, but I can't seem to find it.

Shoutout to ChuckNyce for streaming a bit of gameplay. I've already bought the game but am stuck at work until this evening so seeing some more of it in action was great. Game is gorgeous and combat looked like fun. 5pm PST needs to hurry the hell up.

Bested the first boss! This game is awesome. Also, losing your life in a battle sucks.
Game mechanic spoiler:
one of your abilities goes offline, and you have to activate a certain number of access points to get it back

Also: Beach Ball!

About an hour in so far and it's been an absolute blast. Quick question regarding a function you pick up that featured in Giant Bomb's QL:
How do you control the Help() dogs? Or in my case, I've put Help on my Jaunt and it creates a User Copy, but I can't select it to tell it what to do.
I'm sure I'm missing a button press or something, but I can't seem to find it.

There was a tool tip that popped up for me:
R1 to use that ability and gain control of your "party member"

This was when I made it a primary ability and not a support one. I think the command is still the same either way

EktorPR

Anyone else experiencing ridiculously slow download speeds? It's been sitting below 5% for the last 10 mins. :/

Edit: PS4 owner, here. :[

anddo0

Dat first boss fight!
The music, I extended the fight as long as I could to hear the entire track.

Again, my hats off to Supergiant.

Mask() -> Jaunt(+Load()) -> Crash(Breach)) = explosions errywhere

a couple hours in (minor) spoilers:
LUNA!!!! <3 so adorable

That's how I use it too. So full of win!

Wunder

Bested the first boss! This game is awesome. Also, losing your life in a battle sucks.
Game mechanic spoiler:
one of your abilities goes offline, and you have to activate a certain number of access points to get it back

Also: Beach Ball!

There was a tool tip that popped up for me:
R1 to use that ability and gain control of your "party member"

This was when I made it a primary ability and not a support one. I think the command is still the same either way

Thanks, for some reason
I don't think I can control my Jaunt() copy, which makes me wonder what its function is. It has a draining life of 20 but nothing seems to attack it. Strange.

Grief.exe

Is anybody getting performance issue on PC? I've had a lot of hitching and 2 hard freezes on a PC that can run most games almost on ultra.

Everyone seems to be having the issues. Haven't had a freeze yet, though the stuttering issues are quite prevalent.

They did just issue a patch, restart Steam and see if it starts downloading

2tZt8s4.png

Thanks, for some reason
I don't think I can control my Jaunt() copy, which makes me wonder what its function is. It has a draining life of 20 but nothing seems to attack it. Strange.

I just discovered that combination, haven't gotten a chance to try it in battle yet.

That would be too bad if no one focuses on the copy.

Plumpman

Is there any way to buy the ost seperately?

I wanted the game on ps4 but also want that ost!

EDIT: Ahh nevermind its kind of hidden on the Super Giant Website.

bounchfx

Holy shit this game. THIS GAME. Everything from the start has screamed polish. Only about 45 min in but damn, I'm already more impressed than I was at e3. No crazy hand holding, super clean and pretty UI, gorgeous graphics, fun gameplay. gotdam, win.

anddo0

Same, I still got 2 hours left! *Grumble*

Anyways, good to hear user impressions matching the 8's and 9's the game is getting. Cannot wait to download it!

Amazing game.

Child of Light doesn't hold a candle to Transistor.
I love them both, but this game.....

Wunder

Everyone seems to be having the issues. Haven't had a freeze yet, though the stuttering issues are quite prevalent.

They did just issue a patch, restart Steam and see if it starts downloading

2tZt8s4.png

I just discovered that combination, haven't gotten a chance to try it in battle yet.

That would be too bad if no one focuses on the copy.

Yeah, trying out all the combinations to unlock the decryption stuff is my main incentive right now while trying out different play styles. Some of the combos are pretty fun, I really enjoy Load() --> Jaunt() + Spark because what once made a skill that was hard to use against fast enemies suddenly became a bomb that exploded instantly behind you, leaving a trail of destruction.

Attn: Supergiant Games team: If you ever find yourself stumbling about in the Tenderloin or Polk Gulch, I feel it my civic duty to buy you all a beer. You've done a tremendous job here with Transistor.

styl3s

Is PS4 users having all these problems? Or just PC?

Wanting to pick up the PS4 version when i get home but i might wait till it's patched if it's having problems.

Trejik

Getting screwed over on PS4 UK release. It's incredible that I can buy the game right now on Steam, but I can't buy it on my PS4. The temptation of just buying it now is large, but at the same time I don't want my PS4 to collect dust.

Sony: Worldwide releases please.

Trey

This shit is a fucking huge leap from their last game, holy shit. Night and goddamn day.

In what ways? Bastion is one of my favorite games of the last generation. Don't do this to me, man. I can't go in with these expectations and not have them met.

Kyoufu

Getting screwed over on PS4 UK release. It's incredible that I can buy the game right now on Steam, but I can't buy it on my PS4. The temptation of just buying it now is large, but at the same time I don't want my PS4 to collect dust.

Sony: Worldwide releases please.

Just buy it off the US store. Simples.

I'm really enjoying it so far. The battle system has an element of strategy to it and the music is just fantastic. I spent a good 15 minutes just listening to In Circles at the Beach.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I was fine with no tutorial. I felt smart for figuring it out and it only took about a minute of reading and drawing lines. And man this is glorious. It's beautiful and fast and best of all, all the vocal soundtrack so far is actually just as good as the trailer !! Usually the trailer song is basically the equivalent of a single, but I just listened to In Circles for a good 10 minutes.

Vexxan

Game looks gorgeous and the music is fantastic but the stuttering is just too much for me now. Will return to the game tomorrow and hope they've fixed it.

Grief.exe

Is PS4 users having all these problems? Or just PC?

Wanting to pick up the PS4 version when i get home but i might wait till it's patched if it's having problems.

PC version, though they did just issue a patch.

Game looks gorgeous and the music is fantastic but the stuttering is just too much for me now. Will return to the game tomorrow and hope they've fixed it.

Try restarting Steam to apply the update. I can't confirm this fixes the issue, but there is a good chance it does.

Top Bottom