• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRAVOLTA IS ON 3 CHANNELS AT ONCE! ESPN NFL IS IN! (aka the ESPN love thread)

DMczaf

Charlie Garner - 86
Mike Alstott - 88 (Guess you'll be running up the gut!)

jon22.jpg

"Pound that rock! Pound that rock!"

DMczaf

(While I'm doing this.....Funkmaster Flex just called... coincidence? I think not.

Missed this

Please tell me you can turn off this celeb crap? I am going to HATE this, not just dislike it, if I cant turn it off. :\

Fifty

Sure thing dude.

Palmer's an 82 (Kitna 86)

Rudi an 83

Your best players are Willie Anderson and Chad Johnson, both 93

DM, I think they only phone once...and then you can choose to face them.....I think. :( (Steve-O must be lonely...He phoned again. No way they phone when you're in a game, so it's not that bad)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"For Matrix - David Carr - 86"
- Domanick Davis - 81"

Nice :)

" Brian Griese - 68!!!"

bwhahahaha

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Thanks. I kinda figured that I would have to focus more on the passing game this year since Dillon is gone. Might have to see what my rookie RB will do for me this year.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
Official Random Roster Fun Time!!!!

For Fifty:
Jamal Lewis - 96

For Malleymal: Priest Holmes - 95 (See above. It helps to deal drugs)

LMAO

I am already pissed that I dont have the game, then I got to see this....

Fifty said:
Official Random Roster Fun Time!!!!

For Fifty: Ray Lewis - 99
Jamal Lewis - 96

For FMT Tim Rattay - 75
Kbar - 86 (Maybe next year son)

For Malleymal: Priest Holmes - 95 (See above. It helps to deal drugs)

Now this makes me sick. I thought since the old shots were from the beta, that they'd think this over......

For Gunstar and other Eagles fans: T.O (The T does NOT stand for team) - 100

I believe I heard that the ratings are for the individual position...So a 100 (wtf, all sports games had 99 as the max until now) is not the best player in the game, but simply the best at his position (which is still bullshit, but whatever.

For Matrix - David Carr - 86
- Domanick Davis - 81

For DM - Brian Griese - 68!!!

(While I'm doing this.....Funkmaster Flex just called... coincidence? I think not.

Charlie Garner - 86
Mike Alstott - 88 (Guess you'll be running up the gut!)

What about Dante Hall, Mike Maslowski, and Junoir Siavii (is he even on the roster yet)?

Oh, and for shits n' giggles. What is the KC defense ranked?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hope Carmen Electra phones me....nothing beats phone sex while playing videogame football.

Fifty

Cerebral Palsy said:
What about Dante Hall, Mike Maslowski, and Junoir Siavii (is he even on the roster yet)?

Oh, and for shits n' giggles. What is the KC defense ranked?

Ok.

Hall is a 79 his speed is 91. Mike Maslowski is 80 Siavii is on the roster. There's no picture for him, but he's 73. Tied for the 2nd best at his position. Their D is 78, but the offense is 94!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are unsigned rookies still in the roster? Ben Roethlisberger, for example, has been shown in screens (with picture), but I wouldn't think they'd actually be that way without signing their contracts.

Fifty

Well, the east coast at least :)

Man, the presentation is so slick...So very slick. It's hard to describe how fluid it is in game. The sportscenter stuff isn't bad at all, but the way it all fits together in the game just blows me away.

Archaix said:
Are unsigned rookies still in the roster? Ben Roethlisberger, for example, has been shown in screens (with picture), but I wouldn't think they'd actually be that way without signing their contracts.

Very good question. I just checked, and Robert Gallery is in the game..He just signed today.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fifty said:
One badass feature is the Stadium Music ....feature. I thought it might be a problem since most songs don't get going for 30 seconds or so, and I'd miss out on the good part. Right? But this lets you edit it so that if you want a song....Let's say "Modest Mouse" Float on (a song that doesn't get really great until near the end) to play after a TD, you can use their manager to set a start point at that exact moment you want. It's just so great, since you can use exactly the part of a song you want for any given situation.
Thank you, Jesus.

Matrix

I want to smash my copy of Ncaa on your head fifty :(

Fifty

Hey now! We don't often get lucky like this, and as you can see, I'm working overtime to help you dudes out!

Many places in the states have it as well. NYC for example.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How come Canada gets it first?!?!

They've got something resembling pro football currently in season, we Americans need our fix!

Matrix

Fifty said:
Hey now! We don't often get lucky like this, and as you can see, I'm working overtime to help you dudes out!

I know..I <3 you.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Fifty, could you post Eli Manning's and Kurt Warner's ratings if you get a chance? And how about some Cyber Kiper impressions? I'm really looking forward to Cyber Kiper.

I bet TO put in his contract that he had to be rated 100.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Guileless said:
Fifty, could you post Eli Manning's and Kurt Warner's ratings if you get a chance? And how about some Cyber Kiper impressions? I'm really looking forward to Cyber Kiper.

Eh, the cover athletes are always overrated. Vick last year on Madden made Superman cower in fear, Warren Sapp was rated 99 for about 8 years of a franchise in 2k4, Daunte Culpepper a couple years ago in Madden broke every tackler that looked at him the wrong way.

Owens is really only a few points higher than he should be, and having an actual target McNabb may go insane and throw the ball at him for 2500 yards :p

Fifty

Guileless said:

You're right! That must be it!!! It's the only answer. I haven't seen cyber kiper, but I await his arrival. I'm too busy with cyber swami.

Ok, ratings? Kurt (and his wife) are rated 82
Eli (jokes are all too easy) is rated 79, and Toronto's own Bachelor is rated 66.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Thanks fifty. 79 is reasonable I guess, 3 points behind Warner but ahead of Rattay and Griese. Well there's plenty of room for VC to revise it upwards as the season progresses.

I can't believe Take Two didn't consult with me on changing its release date, the Fed Ex guy is going to leave me several of those notices about nobody being home b/c I'm on vacation until Friday. I guess I'll have to go pick it up when I get home.

Fifty

I love this game. Oooooooooo yes I doooooo

It takes a while to used to the player momentum (lack thereof), especially on kick returns, but it's not a real problem, since the D plays the same way. I love the gameplay, so far, and the in game presentation is beyond amazing. The graphics just blow me away

Fifty, the graphics and animation were excellent last year. Are they that much better this year, or is it coming from NCAA that it seems so much better? Thanks.

Fifty

Well the animations were so good last year, it's hard for them to improve, they're about the same. The graphics look much nicer IMO. It could just be my TV, but they're just stunning. Come on! One of you guys has to have the game :p I want to play online.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Roethlisberger was rated 79 on the online franchise screen posted last week too, good to see that they kept the top three QBs the same(Assuming that Rivers is also about a 79) since different teams had a different one on top of their boards going into the draft and there wasn't really a clear 1, 2, 3 order.

Fifty

I haven't noticed that yet. But then again, I'm using Boller, and we both know that his speed makes him unsackable. That was a problem with last year's game, and I fear it exists in this. I'll play more later tonight, and then I'll have a better idea.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wouldn't it be ironic and funny if the chiefs had a stellar D this year, but their offense suffered a serious injury or downgrade?

Well, our defense started out great last year before the ship started to sink. Lead the league in turnovers etc. But ol' Gunther is the glue that will hold this ship together this year.

Gunther Factor(tm)? Check
Best offense in the league? Check

Grandpa Morten Anderson says no one will ever get hurt on offense while he is on watch. It's going to be a good year.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wouldn't it be ironic and funny if the chiefs had a stellar D this year, but their offense suffered a serious injury or downgrade?

please stop.... my brain cant compute the chiefs having a less than stellar offense....

I just dont want anymore 49-47 losses... they hurt .....

Really

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cerebral Palsy said:
Gunther Factor(tm)? Check

Grandpa Morten Anderson says no one will ever get hurt on offense while he is on watch. It's going to be a good year.

LOLLLL @ the trademark....

Top Bottom