• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRAVOLTA IS ON 3 CHANNELS AT ONCE! ESPN NFL IS IN! (aka the ESPN love thread)

Cool, I'll keep that place in mind. I'm gunna call some more stores in manhattan and see whats up.

Edit: called em and they are holding it for me. Running up there now! Thanks again man!

Fifty

HOLY SHIT. Since EB has been getting it in (I heard) I phoned them....They have it!!! The location is 15 minutes away!!! I'm getting it now! WOooooooo

Biffcake, we can play tonight :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
for people in the staten Island area

Dragon Core Gaming
(718) 227-7441
465 Belfield Ave
Staten Island, NY Map

Picking up the game in a couple mins the guy said

Jesiatha

DMczaf said:
Ugh, those pictures make me NOT want to get the game. Now everytime I look at my ESPN box I will see that weirdo.

IAWTP.

(but only if you are referring to TO, and not the kid holding the game)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
HOLY SHIT. Since EB has been getting it in (I heard) I phoned them....They have it!!! The location is 15 minutes away!!! I'm getting it now! WOooooooo

Biffcake, we can play tonight :D

I was about to tell you that it was available in TO... and I see you are heading to get the heaven that is called ESPN, I am jealous, and will wait patiently for tomorrow.....

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
biff check yellowpages.com and type your state in and see if u see any video game stores around you... I am sure you will find on with it...

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Maybe I'll get it today too. What version is everyone getting?
If someone finds one at a store in Manhattan where the actual game is not behind the counter, could ou hide it behind something so I can pick it up later tonight?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Bog said:
Any reports of NY state EB's getting it in?

Goto Yellowpages.com

type in Video Games, and select New York for the state,

they will list all the mom and pop stores in NY call and u will find places in the city.....

Bog

Junior Ace
Malleymal said:
Goto Yellowpages.com

type in Video Games, and select New York for the state,

they will list all the mom and pop stores in NY call and u will find places in the city.....

Already have money down at the local EB. Just wondering if I should keep bothering them (which I would do if other EB's in the state were getting them in).

Fifty

The game is NOT Live Aware. You have to log into the online portion of the game....It won't do it automatically. No biggie, but I'm just clarifying one simple fact.

They're only getting 18 copies across both platforms at my store. The game is going to be in low supply. If you haven't reserved, go to the store when they get their shipment.

Fifty

Fifty said:
The game is NOT Live Aware. You have to log into the online portion of the game....It won't do it automatically. No biggie, but I'm just clarifying one simple fact.

I suck.

You can play single player while logged in. My bad. I'll shut up now.

Called everywhere about 50 times. Probably driving everyone nuts. Doesn't look like I'll have it until the morning :( Oh well, guess I can get some school work done tonight.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty...CAN YOU CATCH THE BALL!!!!!!???????

Fifty

I can't sit down and play a full game now. I will soon. :D I've got to go and check if T.O is still rated 100. If he is I just might smash my DVD.

Ggggrrrrrr, I wanted to get a game or two in before class tonight. And try to get online after. :(

Bah, if anyone else is actually in the Salt Lake valley, and finds ESPN today... TELL ME WHERE OR I'LL FUCKING SHANK YOU.

Fifty

This is one of the rare games that Canada seems to get first. Good luck finding it, Bish. :)

I'm playing through training mode now.

Fifty

NON GAMEPLAY IMPRESSIONS HERE:

Awesome, just awesome. :D

What am I talking about? Why the "Celebrations screen" of course. Over 25 different dances and moves you can set to the various buttons. I'm doing the dirty bird :D

One badass feature is the Stadium Music ....feature. I thought it might be a problem since most songs don't get going for 30 seconds or so, and I'd miss out on the good part. Right? But this lets you edit it so that if you want a song....Let's say "Modest Mouse" Float on (a song that doesn't get really great until near the end) to play after a TD, you can use their manager to set a start point at that exact moment you want. It's just so great, since you can use exactly the part of a song you want for any given situation.

DMczaf

GAMESTOP.COM SUCKS! SUCKS!

Ship date Jul 19, 2004

Jul 19, 2004 1:19 pm

Pickup status

INDIANAPOLIS IN

Future pickup/delivery requested

IT COULD HAVE BEEN HERE TODAY! But they say "No sir, you gotta wait just because we can check the Future delivery box!

Fifty

I just selected the exact few seconds of Big Pimping when Jay Z says "Big Pimping just pimping G's" and set it to whenever I get a sack!! :D

Sure, this feature isn't online (I think, at least...That's way too much to ask) but it's just one touch that shows how ESPN isn't lazy this year.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fifty said:
One badass feature is the Stadium Music ....feature. I thought it might be a problem since most songs don't get going for 30 seconds or so, and I'd miss out on the good part. Right? But this lets you edit it so that if you want a song....Let's say "Modest Mouse" Float on (a song that doesn't get really great until near the end) to play after a TD, you can use their manager to set a start point at that exact moment you want. It's just so great, since you can use exactly the part of a song you want for any given situation.

dammit, I guess I will get an xbox

retardboy

Haha you know what someone needs to do? Get your mic out and make some wavs on your computer saying like "YOU GOT OWNED (name of your friend)" and putting that as your stadium music when your friends come over. They'll be like WTF?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
retardboy said:
Haha you know what someone needs to do? Get your mic out and make some wavs on your computer saying like "YOU GOT OWNED (name of your friend)" and putting that as your stadium music when your friends come over. They'll be like WTF?

hahaha

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Uh........Guys.......Steve-O just called. He wants to play :(

LMAO!

919830_20040601_screen002.jpg

Fifty

I'm trying to give you guys fast impressions....rather than wait 3 days and find out the flaws the game (Every game does....) has. But for now, I will give you this.

I'm in a scrimmage now (against one of the best D's....Eagles') and I wanted to see if last year's golden boy...Jerome Bettis, could run worth shit against them. Well, I can't say for sure, but it has been toned down! He breaks the first tackle up the gut sometimes, but the D just SWARMS him and the gang tackle animations (very impressive!) really put him to shame.

I've been playing NCAA for the last few days. That game is a flatout joke compared to this.

Bah, I'm no good at impressions, especially since they take time to truly form....but I'm trying to help you guys out, who don't have the game.

Edit: I forgot how great the running animations are (aside from the RB's form) when you're following blockers. In NCAA and Madden, you just run normally, even though you're pressing up against someone. In this, it's just so cool watching him fit through holes. Top notch stuff. I'm not sure if they've even improved this from last year, I just really like it. It adds to the gameplay too, because you're not stuck running against a wall, you make the most of the situation.

Heres a specific question about historic teams. Exactly what can you edit on them? Last year you coculd only edit their last name and maybe number. Can you do anything more this year? Thanks for your time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
GAMESTOP.COM SUCKS! SUCKS!

Ship date Jul 19, 2004

Jul 19, 2004 1:19 pm

Pickup status

INDIANAPOLIS IN

Future pickup/delivery requested

IT COULD HAVE BEEN HERE TODAY! But they say "No sir, you gotta wait just because we can check the Future delivery box!

My package is sitting with yours :( Atleast we will have it tomorrow.

Fifty

Oh, cool. Online (or in single player as long as you're logged in) you can send text messages to people! Sure EA does it, but that was one of their better features, and now ESPN has it.

First off, I had heard this was NOT a classic football fan's dream game

There's a ESPN 25th aniversary mode that lets you replay 25 classic situations (Ice Bowl, immaculate reception..etc) and you can also edit and save two historic teams (that's how many slots there are) For the Steelers: '75, '78' '95 Steelers I click on the '75 Steelers and find I can edit all the players' info.

You can edit their
1. Name
2. Number
3. Schol.
4. Hand
5. Looks (everything you could in Create a player)
6. Equipment
7. Stats (everything)

You can't edit the classic uniforms (if they're not perfect) and you can't seem to save more than 2 teams, but it looks very flexible within those boundaries :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I never seen such excitment for a sports game since Mutant Leauge Football

Damn, that sounds really nice. I'm dissapointed you can't save more then two teams, but thats ok if you can edit all that stuff. Thanks allot Fifty.

Fifty

Official Random Roster Fun Time!!!!

For Fifty: Ray Lewis - 99
Jamal Lewis - 96

For FMT Tim Rattay - 75
Kbar - 86 (Maybe next year son)

For Malleymal: Priest Holmes - 95 (See above. It helps to deal drugs)

Now this makes me sick. I thought since the old shots were from the beta, that they'd think this over......

For Gunstar and other Eagles fans: T.O (The T does NOT stand for team) - 100

I believe I heard that the ratings are for the individual position...So a 100 (wtf, all sports games had 99 as the max until now) is not the best player in the game, but simply the best at his position (which is still bullshit, but whatever.

For Matrix - David Carr - 86
- Domanick Davis - 81

For DM - Brian Griese - 68!!!

(While I'm doing this.....Funkmaster Flex just called... coincidence? I think not.

Charlie Garner - 86
Mike Alstott - 88 (Guess you'll be running up the gut!)

retardboy

Fifty said:
Official Random Roster Fun Time!!!!

For Fifty: Ray Lewis - 99
Jamal Lewis - 96

For FMT Tim Rattay - 75
Kbar - 86 (Maybe next year son)

For Malleymal: Priest Holmes - 95 (See above. It helps to deal drugs)

Now this makes me sick. I thought since the old shots were from the beta, that they'd think this over......

For Gunstar and other Eagles fans: T.O (The T does NOT stand for team) - 100

I believe I heard that the ratings are for the individual position...So a 100 (wtf, all sports games had 99 as the max until now) is not the best player in the game, but simply the best at his position (which is still bullshit, but whatever.

For Matrix - David Carr - 86
- Domanick Davis - 81

For DM - Brian Griese - 68!!!

(While I'm doing this.....Funkmaster Flex just called... coincidence? I think not.

Charlie Garner - 86
Mike Alstott - 88 (Guess you'll be running up the gut!)

Hahahahaha! It's thinking! DREAMCAST LIVES ON!

Top Bottom