• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tree of Savior |OT| Free to Play Now Open

Ryuuga

Banned
These are my Orsha jams so far:

Vaste Terre
Le Faubourg

tumblr_o0qq91bikg1qz64n4o1_500.gif

Seil

Changing channels doesn't help? The times I've met the commander I tried different channels and fixed it.

Some maps have ALL channels broken. Lots of people are getting completely locked out.

And still no word on a fix or even acknowledging how bad this is becoming.

Hell, not even acknowledgement that people lost the items they had listed on the market last night! Ugh...

Some maps have ALL channels broken. Lots of people are getting completely locked out.

And still no word on a fix or even acknowledging how bad this is becoming.

Hell, not even acknowledgement that people lost the items they had listed on the market last night! Ugh...

Daaamn. Any listings of the affected maps?

Seil

Daaamn. Any listings of the affected maps?

I've heard some Manor map and Gate Route, I know there are a number of them, usually maps with low channel counts. Have heard Tenet Garden was having an issue where the channels that did work were full so you couldn't join anyway, not sure if that's still going on.

Reknoc

Every time I change map it's basically a kickout and if I'm lucky it'll actually take me back to my lodge and not hang on the connecting to server window forever.

I've heard some Manor map and Gate Route, I know there are a number of them, usually maps with low channel counts. Have heard Tenet Garden was having an issue where the channels that did work were full so you couldn't join anyway, not sure if that's still going on.

Good to know. I'll try to avoid those maps for now. At least we'll get a shitton of compensation for that. By the time the early access ends, I'll have 30 hours of exp tomes lol.

Ryuuga

Banned

I can confirm Delmore manor because my main is stuck there. So I decided to create an alt and it got stuck in the Pyromancer's Master's Lab.

Edit:

New Feature Video!

Cerity

Man this just seems like a real mess of a launch, I was interested in the game even with the fremium stuff but with the server issues as well as the performance issues that people are having is really turning me off this.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man this just seems like a real mess of a launch, I was interested in the game even with the fremium stuff but with the server issues as well as the performance issues that people are having is really turning me off this.

This is like every mmo launch ever. Plague of issues are not out of the ordinary. It's up to them to see how they handle it.

Kyuur

Did a few hours of mob-grinding-only today with brand new characters, hit Lv40~; it seems just as viable as quest leveling with token. Exp rewards from killing X mobs and map exploration are great rewards to work towards, and a good deal of maps still have decent spawn rates. Will have to see how it persists in later levels, but it is definitely way less monotonous when making alts than running the same quests over and over. Plus you get more sweet loot.

Zipzo

Banned
I've been pretty barred from playing during my available gaming windows due to server instability and disconnect spam. I'm hanging around level 35 or so.

I just wanted to share the build I'm going for at the moment.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/a62uqtc4ft/

I'm going to be a Dragoon with some emphasis on skills meant to better my potential in PvP, and making sure I hit all the minimum attribute levels for attribute bonus requirements, while still maxing the bread and butter skills that will make this mostly DPS-focused build do work for me.

Peltasta c1 is a no-brainer for anyone who wants to have that ultimate utility coupled with survivability in tight situations in dungeon runs for end-game, and hoplite c3 is also the obvious lead in to dragoon as it supports spear playstyle more confidently than other choices. I was thinking about going Highlander to be different, but Finestra is too strong an option I think to pass up. I think Highlander c3 could be a good pvp centric choice though. Dopplesoeldner c1 as the lead-in to Dragoon felt like a good substitute for me to feel like I dabbled in a 2h sword class on my way to Dragoon. Cyclone is just awesome and Double Pay Earn has the potential to reduce the grind (in a game that's all about grind), which is pretty valuable.

This means my weapon are swapped between a 2h spear, and a 1h spear and shield, where as with highlander things get complicated as I'd need a 2h sword to utilize cross guard. However most Highlander skills don't have weapon requirements...so it's not too bad.

WaterAstro

What does freemium mean?

free to play with paid premium benefits.

I've been pretty barred from playing during my available gaming windows due to server instability and disconnect spam. I'm hanging around level 35 or so.

I'm going to be a Dragoon with some emphasis on skills meant to better my potential in PvP, and making sure I hit all the minimum attribute levels for attribute bonus requirements, while still maxing the bread and butter skills that will make this mostly DPS-focused build do work for me.

Peltasta c1 is a no-brainer for anyone who wants to have that ultimate utility coupled with survivability in tight situations in dungeon runs for end-game, and hoplite c3 is also the obvious lead in to dragoon as it supports spear playstyle more confidently than other choices. I was thinking about going Highlander to be different, but Finestra is too strong an option I think to pass up. I think Highlander c3 could be a good pvp centric choice though. Dopplesoeldner c1 as the lead-in to Dragoon felt like a good substitute for me to feel like I dabbled in a 2h sword class on my way to Dragoon. Cyclone is just awesome and Double Pay Earn has the potential to reduce the grind (in a game that's all about grind), which is pretty valuable.

This means my weapon are swapped between a 2h spear, and a 1h spear and shield, where as with highlander things get complicated as I'd need a 2h sword to utilize cross guard. However most Highlander skills don't have weapon requirements...so it's not too bad.

The best swordie PVPers are cataphracts because they travel super fast with the mount, grab someone like a fork in a meatball, carry them back to the team and destroy them. It's called impaler.

I think hoplite is better route because Spear Throw is really good with 0 cd as a range attack. Swordie 2 is amazing for getting Restrain. I don't think highlander will be any good in PVP. Definitely go hoplite or cataphract.

Is there a list of people I can add to play with? Would hate to play this alone, also what's gaf's consensus on the combat and the grind?

Zipzo

Banned
free to play with paid premium benefits.

The best swordie PVPers are cataphracts because they travel super fast with the mount, grab someone like a fork in a meatball, carry them back to the team and destroy them. It's called impaler.

I think hoplite is better route because Spear Throw is really good with 0 cd as a range attack. Swordie 2 is amazing for getting Restrain. I don't think highlander will be any good in PVP. Definitely go hoplite or cataphract.

The mount thing just really doesn't interest me at all, but yeah hoplite is definitely the way to go, especially in the case that I want to be a Dragoon.

My 2nd character will probably be a Paladin. Clerics seem to be desired a lot in parties.

Seil

Is there a list of people I can add to play with? Would hate to play this alone, also what's gaf's consensus on the combat and the grind?

You may want to join our Discord server, the info is in the OP.

I mostly enjoy the combat, simple/easy as it may be. Not sure if it changes later on, but so far it's mostly just a satisfying experience of obliterating everything in my path lol. As fo the grind, I'm sure there's a grind wall eventually, but if you alternate regions, do all your quests and use your dungeon runs when you reach the appropriate levels, you should be able to hit at least 100 with minimal to no necessary grinding.

Or you could opt to grind anyway if that's your thing =p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Can I join GAF guild? My team name is Dekamaster

also I take it that the EA stuff is only server-specific, i.e. I "started' in Klaipeda so the bonus mail is in there, but then I peeked at the SEA server and noticed the bonus mail isn't there

Kyuur

Swordie 2 is amazing for getting Restrain. I don't think highlander will be any good in PVP.

One would think, but what the skill descriptions don't tell you is that Restrain's stun duration is super short -- like 0.5s. At best it could be used to prevent ranged enemies from running away quickly. My swordie friend learned that the hard way when he took Swordie C3 Double Slash and couldn't proc the bleed with the stun from Restrain.

Barbarian Helm Chopper is much better if you want a stun (maybe others, but haven't had a chance to test).

Seems pretty good. Our builds are similar up until rank 5, which I'll go a different route since I'm not focusing on PvP. I'm planning to go Corsair instead of Hoplite C3, and then either Corsair C2 or Doppel. Probably Corsair C2 for Jolly Roger (which seems to be pretty great for farming money), Double Weapon Assault, and Hexen Dropen which I heard is pretty great. I'm not really focusing on having an optimal build, just something good that I can have fun with.

killatopak

Gold Member
Probably gonna wait a month for the free servers. I don't see how good it will be to play right now when it's plagued with lag and server problems.

WaterAstro

One would think, but what the skill descriptions don't tell you is that Restrain's stun duration is super short -- like 0.5s. At best it could be used to prevent ranged enemies from running away quickly. My swordie friend learned that the hard way when he took Swordie C3 Double Slash and couldn't proc the bleed with the stun from Restrain.

Barbarian Helm Chopper is much better if you want a stun (maybe others, but haven't had a chance to test).

Nah, kToS has high ranking Restrain Cataphracts that destroy pvp.

It makes your autoattacks stun, so low duration doesn't matter, especially when it's going to interrupt any spell casting.

deoee

I think I don't like the swordsman / highlander gameplay that much.

There is not really any interesting ability I can use at ~lvl 35 :/

Ryuuga

Banned
Greetings Saviors!

As previously announced, the servers will be undergoing some maintenance and we would like to let you know what is to be patched during the maintenance period. We also wish to apologize and compensate for the recent issue where users were unable to access dungeons through the party matchmaking system.

Maintenance Period : 01:00~05:00 AM (EDT) April 5th, 2016

Patch Notes

Instance Instability Compensation : Instanced Dungeon Reset Voucher (x5)
The compensation message and items attached will last until 1 AM (EDT) April 9th, 2016.
The message will be deleted after that time making it impossible to retrieve the items.
Monster Respawn Rate : 50% increase on all field zones

Megaphones : Addition of a Lv. 40 restriction to usage

We apologize for any and all inconveniences that you may have experienced. Please note that we were not able to include some of the more major tweaks since they are still being stabilized. They will be fixed and patched as soon as possible.

Another important thing to note is that we are still in the process of tackling the big elephant in the room, 'server stability', and would like to apologize for the connection issues that many of you experienced during launch week.

Thank you for all of your patience and understanding. We will strive to provide service that is worthy of your enthusiasm and support.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

2388929-bradnod.gif

Kouriozan

We're getting a small gold seller spam break, seems like.
Glad they are improving the spawn rates, it's still a bit low but better than nothing.

Kyuur

giphy.gif

Happy with this patch. Launch has been far from perfect but the spawn rate increase really shows they're listening to at least some community feedback.

---

Spent a couple hours grinding Mausoleum Worker Lodge yesterday for a Medina Crossbow recipe (got 2!) and to get enough oilsacks to light the 4 lanterns. Managed to scrounge them up riiiight before maintenance, lit them, was expecting a cool event...

xNv5a8A.gif

What are they for!? Maybe it's because my party member lit one while I lit the other three? :( At least we got to take down Earth Templeshooter (rolled the cube 2x, two cards and a set glove).

giphy.gif

Happy with this patch. Launch has been far from perfect but the spawn rate increase really shows they're listening to at least some community feedback.

---

Spent a couple hours grinding Mausoleum Worker Lodge yesterday for a Medina Crossbow recipe (got 2!) and to get enough oilsacks to light the 4 lanterns. Managed to scrounge them up riiiight before maintenance, lit them, was expecting a cool event...

xNv5a8A.gif

What are they for!? Maybe it's because my party member lit one while I lit the other three? :( At least we got to take down Earth Templeshooter (rolled the cube 2x, two cards and a set glove).

Is this one of those mini, optional dungeons, with some mobs and hidden quests? I really enjoy the concept of such dungeons, and IMO they add a lot to the game.

Yesterday I got to know Guard's Graveyard, as I was looking for Thresh Spear ( which I'm still not sure drops or not). Even had the chance to kill and abomination!

Kyuur

Yeah it is. They are one of my favorite parts of the game -- much better than quests and instances imo. I hope they keep adding more.

Eternia

I don't play too many MMOs but the field bosses with dozens of people just ganging up on is one of the experiences I've really missed. The first time I dropped by the Mausoleum Lodge a couple days ago, I surprisingly bumped into both the Earth Temple Shooter and Earth Canceril. I didn't get anything out of that though but it was exciting.

BizzyBum

So the first dungeon is the level 50 one outside Tenet Church? Since the last patch gave me a bunch of dungeon tickets, should I just repeatedly grind this one or wait for the next one?

Hello guys, I'll be joining you soon. Not on NA/EU server though, I'll be on SEA.

So, what's the deal with class ranks?
Should I aim for the highest rank(s)? Are the lower ranks significantly weaker than the higher ones?
I'm kinda aware that each classes has its own specialty though.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hello guys, I'll be joining you soon. Not on NA/EU server though, I'll be on SEA.

So, what's the deal with class ranks?
Should I aim for the highest rank(s)? Are the lower ranks significantly weaker than the higher ones?
I'm kinda aware that each classes has its own specialty though.

Wait there's a SEA server? Where's it at? I heard SEA players on the servers play with 200-250 ping.

Xane

Praying for server stability be like

4B7fm2p.png

Things improved vastly with the last patch. Feathers crossed that it'll stay that way.

It's almost perfect playing with a gamepad.. almost.
If only there are menu shortcut buttons for gamepad, it'll be dope. But I guess this'll do.

Just read the entire thread...this game sounds right up my alley. I'm a huge nerd and dont mind grinding (near a thousand hours in Path of Exile). Thanks for making an awesome OT btw.

Xane

Just read the entire thread...this game sounds right up my alley. I'm a huge nerd and dont mind grinding (near a thousand hours in Path of Exile). Thanks for making an awesome OT btw.

For me the surprising thing about ToS is that grinding isn't even required. I'm lv162 right now and I haven't grinded any of that time at all. I've done my 3 dungeons a day but outside of that I mainly found myself exploring every map and finishing the quests.

Top Bottom