• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tree of Savior |OT| Free to Play Now Open

Kyuur

Hopefully latency should be sorted out soon. The new servers are the first step, but now they need to transfer players who have claimed their TP/Tokens on other servers. Looks like they are figuring it out, hopefully won't take too long. Looks like they're working on a fix for your issue too Ryuuga.

What is the highest rank at the moment? Looking at the skill builders on the fan-sites, one goes up to 7, the other only to 6.

What's the current situation with max class progression so I know what I'm doing with the skill builders?

The max rank is 7.

Should I be using these exp scrolls as I get them or is there any reason I should hold on to them for later?

You mean the cards? I personaly use the low level ones as soon as I get them, but some people may advise you to hold on to them so you can spend them all when you are close to hitting an EXP reset. For low levels, I don't think it is worth it, because even when you have to grind you don't have to grind that much. Another possible use is to take advantage of the full healing effect of a level up when fighting bosses (you are about to die, then burn a bunch of cards to level up be healed). But IMO, this is not that useful either.

I'm not sure if they fixed it in the OBT, but back in the iCBT2 there used to be a point where you had to grind a LOT to get to the next point of exp reset. Plus the places to grind in this level range were quite limited, so people advised to hold on to your cards and burn them all in those levels. But that was for lvl 7 or 8 cards, if I recall correctly. Plus, I'm almost sure this was fixed in the OBT and those levels are not really problematic anymore.

Eternia

You mean the cards? I personaly use the low level ones as soon as I get them, but some people may advise you to hold on to them so you can spend them all when you are close to hitting an EXP reset. For low levels, I don't think it is worth it, because even when you have to grind you don't have to grind that much. Another possible use is to take advantage of the full healing effect of a level up when fighting bosses (you are about to die, then burn a bunch of cards to level up be healed). But IMO, this is not that useful either.

I'm not sure if they fixed it in the OBT, but back in the iCBT2 there used to be a point where you had to grind a LOT to get to the next point of exp reset. Plus the places to grind in this level range were quite limited, so people advised to hold on to your cards and burn them all in those levels. But that was for lvl 7 or 8 cards, if I recall correctly. Plus, I'm almost sure this was fixed in the OBT and those levels are not really problematic anymore.
Thanks, none of that sounds too crucial at the moment. I'll just start using more of them for now.

Armaros

Thinking about making my Int Cleric/bokor again.

Need to figure out my rank 6 and rank 7.

Might go Druid -> plague doctor

Kyuur

Kyuurinin~

Wouldn't it be cool if you set up a Discord server for us? :3

For sure! Although I'm not really all that familiar with the tool, so if someone else is and wants to set up, I could add the links / whatever into the OP. If not, I'll get started on it!

Thinking about making my Int Cleric/bokor again.

Need to figure out my rank 6 and rank 7.

Might go Druid -> plague doctor

Not sure if you're more of a Zombie or Effigy guy, but I had an idea to use Pardoner's debuff extension with Bokor to stack up Hexing on a ton of enemies. Not much synergy outside of that though I guess.

Armaros

For sure! Although I'm not really all that familiar with the tool, so if someone else is and wants to set up, I could add the links / whatever into the OP. If not, I'll get started on it!

Not sure if you're more of a Zombie or Effigy guy, but I had an idea to use Pardoner's debuff extension with Bokor to stack up Hexing on a ton of enemies. Not much synergy outside of that though I guess.

Int Bokor is more effigy, with some points in the zombie skills for the zombie Nuke at C3 (also some farming if get a decent physical weapon)

Pardoner could work, since the plague Doctor super DoT is also a debuff and scales with int.

But I would lose the super nuke that is carnorvy.

Jiraiza

It's pretty easy, just register an account and you'll be able to make a server right after. Managing permissions and stuff is a pain in the butt, though.

Trying to find the answer to this online, but it's hard to dig through all the info and misinfo out there.

So when I redeem my Founders Pack stuff it asks me to pick a character. Will I be able to trade any of the perks (like the hair accessories, the pet, etc) between characters on my team? Or are all those items permanently bound to the original character I select at that phase?

I don't care about trading with another player, I just want to know if I can give my hair accessory to my 2nd character. I'm currently leveling up an Archer, but I think I may switch to a Cleric, and if all that stuff is forever stuck on my Archer that would be annoying.

Seil

Trying to find the answer to this online, but it's hard to dig through all the info and misinfo out there.

So when I redeem my Founders Pack stuff it asks me to pick a character. Will I be able to trade any of the perks (like the hair accessories, the pet, etc) between characters on my team? Or are all those items permanently bound to the original character I select at that phase?

I don't care about trading with another player, I just want to know if I can give my hair accessory to my 2nd character. I'm currently leveling up an Archer, but I think I may switch to a Cleric, and if all that stuff is forever stuck on my Archer that would be annoying.

You can transfer the hair accessories via the team storage. Putting something in the team storage uses one of your monthly token trades, though, and reduces potential by 1. Though with hair accessories I think the potential basically just affects trading.

The stat and skill potions are probably bound to the character, though.

You can transfer the hair accessories via the team storage. Putting something in the team storage uses one of your monthly token trades, though, and reduces potential by 1. Though with hair accessories I think the potential basically just affects trading.

The stat and skill potions are probably bound to the character, though.

Okay, that's not the end of the world. I'm probably most likely to mess up the stats and skils on my first character anyways, so getting the potions stuck on my archer isn't the end of the world.

Kyolux

Is there any way to turn off the class trackers on the map. Would like this to not become another mindless arrow following game.

rotar2

Neo Member
Did the fix how if you tried different channels, you could bypass the queue into the server? I've been trying to log in using all the various channels listed, but it keeps putting me back at ~400 in the queue. Sad times.

Did the fix how if you tried different channels, you could bypass the queue into the server? I've been trying to log in using all the various channels listed, but it keeps putting me back at ~400 in the queue. Sad times.

The annoying thing is getting disconnected, and then put at the end of the queue, when I have only 3 hours to play a day. Seriously regretting paying to play this. I thought that, at least with early access, we would be able to face no queues.

BizzyBum

I have a multitude of questions if anyone knows:

1. Attributes (passives) - should you eventually try to acquire each one to the max? Is there a limit to how many you can get at once?

2. Is the only way to /shout is to buy megaphones using TP? Seems kinda crazy.

3. Is there a way to deconstruct old loot for crafting mats or are you just able to sell stuff for Silver?

4. I'm supposed to being using these EXP Cards as soon as I get them, right?

5. Is the only way to enhance items is buying a one time use anvil? Seems kinda expensive at 300 Silver a pop. What's the highest it can go, +5?

I think that's it for now.

Ayumi

I'll set one up and quote you with a link you can throw in the OP! :3
Discord is becoming super popular, and it very convenient for many reasons.

I'll post more about it in my next post, so people can understand (those who don't already use it might wonder stuff).

Owari

Man this game is unbelievably laggy. Beta wasn't anywhere near this bad. Ugh. Too laggy to kill a mob. Too laggy to talk to an NPC. Too laggy to do anything.

Ryuuga

Banned
I decided to do some other stuff while I waited to for IMC to sort out that advancement bug and now I'm met with:
toserror1ppu9.jpg

So I went from having an error that inhibited my progress in-game to not being able to play the game at all.

2c671e2f9094f25f18b1f1bf5a27c9a7.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I decided to do some other stuff while I waited to for IMC to sort out that advancement bug and now I'm met with:
toserror1ppu9.jpg

So I went from having an error that inhibited my progress in-game to not being able to play the game at all.
Could always try the CBT way of fixing things, updating flash player and java in Internet Explorer.

Ryuuga

Banned
Could always try the CBT way of fixing things, updating flash player and java in Internet Explorer.

Yeah I never encountered the error during CBT so I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Thanks Hazaro, that did it. Now I'm back to waiting on them to fix my initial issue.

Ayumi

Tree of Savior GAF Discord!

Download the client from here: https://discordapp.com/
Then click this invite link: https://discord.gg/0v7Hg9T7tacyzpUD

Make sure you register an account with an e-mail.
And don't forget to download the mobile Discord app to stay synced wherever you are.

Discord is a free voice and text chat mainly for gamers, where you can enter servers and chat via text or voice (most don't actually use the voice function), so don't be afraid to join if you don't want to voice chat).

The client shows what you are playing (although it is still in beta, so not all game executables have been added yet). The UI is awesome and it's overall a very nice client that people have fallen in love with. Most gaming communities have a Discord server, so you can join as many as you'd like, and they will all be placed neatly under each other in your client, so you can chat anywhere you want.

Discord is basically the outcome if IRC and Skype had a baby. :3

Man this game is unbelievably laggy. Beta wasn't anywhere near this bad. Ugh. Too laggy to kill a mob. Too laggy to talk to an NPC. Too laggy to do anything.

Haha, trying to get some missions done the other day, and there was essentially a queue to trigger one NPC's dialogue.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I take it all tiers will still be available come April right? I won't be able to buy an early access until next week.

So I looked at the local pricing of ToS and holy shit, the highest tier is only 29 USD when converted (for those curious, it's Philippine Peso - PhP 1239.95). Does this mean I'll not be using the US server when I play? I mean I understand the price differences between region, but this price difference is massive, that I wonder if it's because I'd be relegated to a different server.

Fun game but massive lag issues makes me sad. How does the class change work? Can you get the other classes skills if you eventually go back to them or are they gone?

Seil

I take it all tiers will still be available come April right? I won't be able to buy an early access until next week.

So I looked at the local pricing of ToS and holy shit, the highest tier is only 29 USD when converted (for those curious, it's Philippine Peso - PhP 1239.95). Does this mean I'll not be using the US server when I play? I mean I understand the price differences between region, but this price difference is massive, that I wonder if it's because I'd be relegated to a different server.

The packs will be available until F2P begins April 28th. Starting April 21st they're supposed to go on sale for 30% off.

All players of the international version on Steam have access to the same servers. Right now all servers are located on the east coast, though a couple are there temporarily, until they eventually relocate them to more appropriate locations(these are labeled for EU and SEA).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The packs will be available until F2P begins April 28th. Starting April 21st they're supposed to go on sale for 30% off.

All players of the international version on Steam have access to the same servers. Right now all servers are located on the east coast, though a couple are there temporarily, until they eventually relocate them to more appropriate locations(these are labeled for EU and SEA).

So I guess it's just the usual region discount then.

Still, I'm surprised. That massive jump from 50 USD to 29 USD is big.

Is maxing two "low rank" classes even viable?

I mean, looking at the Rank 7 classes, it seems like it is far outclassing almost anything that isn't utility. Their skills have things like... 300% + 3000 damage.

And are any setup classes ("prepare in location") useful in non PvP/Guild Wars environment? Looking at the trailer in first post, it seems they move around a lot, and the enemy seems to disappear too quickly for setup classes like Dievdirby or Sapper to do their thing. :|

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah I never encountered the error during CBT so I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Thanks Hazaro, that did it. Now I'm back to waiting on them to fix my initial issue.
Glad it worked, even if it was in half-jest. Seriously why does that even fix it.

Kyuur

Thanks Ayumi, put it in the OP!

I have a multitude of questions if anyone knows:

1. Attributes (passives) - should you eventually try to acquire each one to the max? Is there a limit to how many you can get at once?
No limit, but they do increase the SP cost of your skills when turned on.

2. Is the only way to /shout is to buy megaphones using TP? Seems kinda crazy.
Yes

3. Is there a way to deconstruct old loot for crafting mats or are you just able to sell stuff for Silver?
You can also use them to level up gems.

4. I'm supposed to being using these EXP Cards as soon as I get them, right?
It doesn't make a huge difference.

5. Is the only way to enhance items is buying a one time use anvil? Seems kinda expensive at 300 Silver a pop. What's the highest it can go, +5?
Yes, and it costs even more to upgrade (tens to hundreds of thousands of silver per attempt later). Highest is +15 I think?

I think that's it for now.

Is maxing two "low rank" classes even viable?

I mean, looking at the Rank 7 classes, it seems like it is far outclassing almost anything that isn't utility. Their skills have things like... 300% + 3000 damage.

And are any setup classes ("prepare in location") useful in non PvP/Guild Wars environment? Looking at the trailer in first post, it seems they move around a lot, and the enemy seems to disappear too quickly for setup classes like Dievdirby or Sapper to do their thing. :|

Not for DPS, but certain utility combinations may work. The original class system never allowed you to take multiple low level classes so it's not balanced around it. it works more like this in terms of power:

R = Rank, C = Circle

R1C1
R1C2 = R2C1
R1C3 = R2C2 = R3C1
R5C3 = R6C2 = R7C1

Setup classes shine more in instances where mobs have much higher HP and last longer. You can also 'pull' regular mobs (works best partying with a Peltasta to use Swash Buckling), although with the spawn timer changes I'm not sure if this is viable anymore (hope they change it back to CBT spawn timers).

Raide

So leveling around level 35 as cleric isn't fun when a lot of mobs just fly over your Cure.

For a full support style Cleric, solo stuff can be painful, especially with how many boss encounters you get. Best to party up and make things painless, or go the melee heavy route and go Deprotected Zone + Divine Might and smash things in the face.

I did the Cleric>Cleric>Priest route and one you get Blessing+Sacrament, things got much easier but ploughing on with Cleric only can be hard.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So what is the actual monthly sub price? OP says 198 TP are needed for 30 dollars of access, and 100 TP costs 10 USD. That's 20 dollars per month? Holy crap that's expensive.

So what is the actual monthly sub price? OP says 198 TP are needed for 30 dollars of access, and 100 TP costs 10 USD. That's 20 dollars per month? Holy crap that's expensive.

The game will actually be free to play. What costa 198 TP is The token, which provides 1 months of some account benefits. 198TP is around 18 dollars.

Right now, the game is in early access, meaning that you have to buy one of the early access packages.

Free to play starts next month.

Divvy

The game will actually be free to play. What costa 198 TP is The token, which provides 1 months of some account benefits. 198TP is around 18 dollars.

Right now, the game is in early access, meaning that you have to buy one of the early access packages.

Free to play starts next month.

I know, but F2P seems kind of gimped. I don't mind paying, but 18 dollars is a lot higher than I imagined.

I know, but F2P seems kind of gimped. I don't mind paying, but 18 dollars is a lot higher than I imagined.

Yeah, I agree. 18 dollars is quite expensive. It is even worse for me, as dollars converted to my country's currency are very expensive right now. Still, I think it is doable to play without the token, even if a bit gimped.

Divvy

Yeah, I agree. 18 dollars is quite expensive. It is even worse for me, as dollars converted to my country's currency are very expensive right now. Still, I think it is doable to play without the token, even if a bit gimped.

Yeah, I'm Canadian, so that's like 20000 CAD

Seil

Note that you can also buy Tokens from other players through the market. Though they have a minimum price of 500k, not sure how difficult that will be to reach in higher levels.

Top Bottom