• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

TheOddOne

soultron said:
XBL can be had at a decent price if you do some internet legwork. GAF's bargain threads/CAG often do that work for you.

I don't know if you still have to cancel by phone. I'm going to assume so. It's not really that much of a problem if you ask me.
Yep, I payed 30 bucks for my 13 months of Live :)

moai

hope the online get's fixed. game is amazing specially with 3 friends, bur lag is sometimes unbearable and my slim has freezed three times when the stage is starting.

equil

I picked this up and played the first 3 levels so far.
I love the customization of the Trenches.

Something strange happened to my friend today though. We were on the ship with 2 other people, and he reset his xbox, when he came back, he had someone else's character or something with their Trench and everything.
We wanted to play on equal ground so he removed the Trench upgrades and couldnt reequip them, but he got money for selling the pieces.

soultron said:
XBL can be had at a decent price if you do some internet legwork. GAF's bargain threads/CAG often do that work for you.

I don't know if you still have to cancel by phone. I'm going to assume so. It's not really that much of a problem if you ask me.

This i haven't bought live 12 months card for more then 40 euro and that was because i really needed it. Ebay is a good source to look make sure the seller has some high seller score.
Most will even email it within 10 min.

moai

equil said:
Something strange happened to my friend today though. We were on the ship with 2 other people, and he reset his xbox, when he came back, he had someone else's character or something with their Trench and everything.
We wanted to play on equal ground so he removed the Trench upgrades and couldnt reequip them, but he got money for selling the pieces.

this happened to me twice, got the gear and the marine from other players when i booted the game after the freezing.

This game really needs an endless mode. Or a mission randomizer. I hope Double Fine takes notice and gives this serious thought to their DLC addon.

GrandHarrier said:
This game really needs an endless mode. Or a mission randomizer. I hope Double Fine takes notice and gives this serious thought to their DLC addon.

Yeah that'd be great. Some random way to grind XP or whatever.

soultron

Banned
flake said:
So would people say this is worthwhile as solely a single player experience?
I've been having fun with it in SP, but I think it would be a hell of a lot easier/more fun with friends. Haven't tried the coop yet.

HBroward

I would love to see a DLC add-on, that adds Multi. It could let one person be Frank, and have a limited amount of resources to choose units to send in the waves. You would be able to see what the trenches have equipped at the beginning, and then plan waves to overwhelm them and the towers they add over the course of the match. I would pay a lot of money for this feature, or any other DLC for that matter.

soultron

Banned
HBroward said:
I would love to see a DLC add-on, that adds Multi. It could let one person be Frank, and have a limited amount of resources to choose units to send in the waves. You would be able to see what the trenches have equipped at the beginning, and then plan waves to overwhelm them and the towers they add over the course of the match. I would pay a lot of money for this feature, or any other DLC for that matter.
These and PVP seem like really neat features, but I think they'd be really difficult/taxing to implement via DLC. I'd rather see them in a sequel in a few years.

HBroward

soultron said:
These and PVP seem like really neat features, but I think they'd be really difficult/taxing to implement via DLC. I'd rather see them in a sequel in a few years.

A full retail sequel right? I would pay $60 for a fleshed out version of this!

Keasar

EU XBLA checked again, still nothing, makes me sad mech pilot. ._.

Getting a bit jealous now, by the way, how long is the singleplayer campaign?

Raide

They mentioned ChromeHounds, so do a full online MP world with several Trench Factions fighting over territory and Tubes.

Jintor

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to LIVE through Trenched but not their dashboard? Mine just keeps telling me 'offline play not available' because it can't establish a connection...

Would having Trenched on an external HDD have something to do with it? I only have an Arcade, so I can't fit it on the internal storage...

/edit oh right I have free LIVE so no multi

what the fuck

Daigoro

this game is great. i bought it after playing the tutorial. i didnt need any more convincing.

only got to play through like four levels yesterday, so cant wait to play some more today. hopefully ill be able to get into a 4 player match.

Jintor

Gods I wish I could just play multi with some friends. That would be grand. Ragin'.

The game itself is still hella fun by myself though

ShogunX

soultron said:

Couple of days ago that deal was doing the rounds again - £1/$1 for a month of live. Obviously people exploited the shit out of it and got it closed down after a few hours.

Trenched up in the UK yet?

ShogunX

Jintor said:
Gods I wish I could just play multi with some friends. That would be grand. Ragin'.

The game itself is still hella fun by myself though

I've got a 48 hour Xbox Live code you can have if you want it.

Keasar said:
EU XBLA checked again, still nothing, makes me sad mech pilot. ._.

Getting a bit jealous now, by the way, how long is the singleplayer campaign?
Took me about 7-8 hours. That was with going back and replaying a few levels to get more stuff/a higher rating.

Bru

Shogun PaiN said:
Couple of days ago that deal was doing the rounds again - £1/$1 for a month of live. Obviously people exploited the shit out of it and got it closed down after a few hours.

Trenched up in the UK yet?

Just had a quick look and there's absolutely no sign of Trenched on Live GB.

surly

Banned
I tweeted Xbox Support to ask about the UK Marketplace and they just replied with a link to a tweet by Major Nelson saying what we already know. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
soultron said:
I don't see why. It would mostly be changes to code, not assets.

tjohn86 said:
Loving this game so far. Online seems a bit laggy but maybe thats just the XBL experience.

Online is very laggy, but I was in a game of 4, two of them dropped out and it was running flawlessly.

zam

gBErT.jpg

Gowans

According to twitter UK Xbox guys twitter it's a distribution issue not a technical one.

????? Hoping it's fixed before tomorrow night.

tjohn86

What weapon combinations are people having success with?

I've found 3 machine guns + mortar to be pretty decent so far. Limited emplacements is kind of rough though.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
I created a Norwegian gamertag and bought 1200 billybucks and bought the game. I refuse to wait for whatever problem it is that's causing the delay to be resolved.

moai said:
hope the online get's fixed. game is amazing specially with 3 friends, bur lag is sometimes unbearable and my slim has freezed three times when the stage is starting.

Yeah, I was playing with a friend last night and every once and a while we'd get a brief pause and "Waiting for..." message. I thought it was a problem with one of our connections but I guess not.

Gowans

Hank The Tank said:
I created a Norwegian gamertag and bought 1200 billybucks and bought the game. I refuse to wait for whatever problem it is that's causing the delay to be resolved.
Its up in Norway but not the rest of europe?

Shafer seems just as annoyed on twitter
Grr! Why hasn't Trenched launched in Europe??? Maybe you guys should sink the Lusitania again. That got us to launch there once.

Keasar

Hank The Tank said:
It's in norway but not in sweden? Duuuude, uncool, we swedes are gonna have our revenge with so many more norwegian jokes now.

Gowans007 said:
Shafer seems just as annoyed on twitter
Quote:
Grr! Why hasn't Trenched launched in Europe??? Maybe you guys should sink the Lusitania again. That got us to launch there once.

I'll get the pingpong balls.

Palmer_v1

I played one laggy 4 player game last night, but it was still fun even with the lag. After that, i joined up with a gaffer from the gaf gamertag, CQQB or something close to that, and we played 4 player for a while without any lag. Jumped on today with my brother for 2 person multi and it was lag free as well.

Overall, I really like the game. The customization is fun, and I'm always a sucker for these Tower Defense games. For 1200 space bucks, it's definitely worth it.

I feel like the engineer chassis' are hard to use by yourself. More emplacement choices don't really matter when you're still so limited on funds. At least in multi, you can get your teammates to level up your emplacements.

surly

Banned
There's a rumour floating around that this was the reason for the game being delayed: -

Apparently it has something to do with a Nazi salute being in the game. You do have the ability to randomly salute with the analogue stick while walking around lobbies, so this seems quite likely.. And unfortunately means the game could be delayed for quite a while.
This is from a guy on Eurogamer, but I don't know the original source. It could be utter bullshit of course, so take it with a large pinch of salt.

Raide

This wait is horrible.

It's like everyone joined the Trenched Army but the Euro people got locked in their house while everyone else got on the boat.

Top Bottom