• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Oreoleo

Just saw the messages you sent me last night MMarsu. Managed a 0 fault run through the secret area.. shame the replays still glitch out :\ Gonna have to avoid the suspension bridges for your next track I think.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Finally, FINALLY, got the Platinum for Ridge Tracers, beat the required time by about 0:00.07 I think from memory. God I couldn't believe how tricky it is to perfect that last ramp. I could nail all the other checkpoints along the way and be ahead of my nearest rival by around 3/4s of a second, but that last jump would end up making me about 7/10ths slower then my best time.

Glad I can say goodbye to that. Now to try and Plat something else in another tier.

Finally cleared a few spots on my friends list too so may add a couple of you guys. =)

I finally got internet and was able to download the game! I got to play 20 whole minutes before I had go to work. Can't wait to get some real time in.

cackhyena

Mmarsu, you sent me an invite for multiplayer and last night and I tried to connect, but I got some weird pop up saying something about my nat settings, so it wouldn't go through. I don't have that issue with any other multiplayer. Anyone else have this?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've got 230 medals now. Just slowly going back over the tracks getting platinum times.

Physics factory is a bitch. I think I restarted it about a hundred times before I got that bounce right.

Gen X

I finally got internet and was able to download the game! I got to play 20 whole minutes before I had go to work. Can't wait to get some real time in.

I had that problem on Fri/Sat, kept saying I was on Strict settings. All I did was go back to the Network Settings, make sure my IP was assigned as per settings in my router (Which it was) and then Test Xbox Live Connection. That is all I did, I changed nothing and now when I go to search for Trials games it says my Nat is Open.

Some good ideas man, couple of alternate, yet simplistic paths for people who might not get the momentum. Now all you need to do it create your own environment.

Uploaded a direct feed here for people who aren't on their consoles. http://youtu.be/Pt3aiQ8vnNY

Wow, thanks for doing the video, and for the feedback. Working on a track, you spend so much time riding it yourself that at the end you wonder 'is there anything really frustrating here?' and it's really hard to tell.

I can tell making a full themed environment, done well, will take a good amount of time -- just getting the local track elements in this one looking nice and tidy took....forever! But it's a fun time.

Daigoro

look at all the folks completing and shaving faults off of extreme tracks today. it warms my heart.

congrats everyone! keep riding.

Incidentally, I got the Platinum on Dammed before that, beating all my friends' times by at least 3 seconds. Come at me bros!

i took care of that for you this morning.

Finally, FINALLY, got the Platinum for Ridge Tracers, beat the required time by about 0:00.07 I think from memory. God I couldn't believe how tricky it is to perfect that last ramp. I could nail all the other checkpoints along the way and be ahead of my nearest rival by around 3/4s of a second, but that last jump would end up making me about 7/10ths slower then my best time.

Glad I can say goodbye to that. Now to try and Plat something else in another tier.

Finally cleared a few spots on my friends list too so may add a couple of you guys. =)

nice. those beginner and easy tracks are technical to platinum for sure. you have to be pretty much perfect on a lot of them and very smooth. congrats.

BKXB

Economist
371 faults and 26:35, but I passed the Wreck!

And just got Inferno 3 with 440 faults, and about 25 minutes. I was stuck on the tires for awhile, and would have lost it if I had hit the fault/time limit so close to the finish!

Daigoro

nice.

i shaved a few faults off The Wreck myself this morning. down to like 72 or something... lol

i swear if it wasnt for the box on the plank i couldve been somehwere around 15 faults. fucking box!

Ha! You noticed? I improved the Sin City track a lot today.

heh. me? i dont know your GT do i? are you on my list? (are you joking or do i look dumb now?) i was talking about the whole last page of people talking about extreme tracks.

i mean: YEP! i noticed. nice work. :)

And just got Inferno 3 with 440 faults, and about 25 minutes. I was stuck on the tires for awhile, and would have lost it if I had hit the fault/time limit so close to the finish!
Wow these were my final two tracks too and I had about the same times and faults.

Trials is just the word used for a style of biking. (basically riding over tricky obstacles).

Here's a video of real life trials: http://youtu.be/ShbC5yVqOdI?t=1m19s

Redlynx doesn't own 'trials'.
If they have trademarked the word Trials for video games then it doesn't matter if it's a common use word. Trademarks are all about protecting a brand from imitation. A copycat could make a trials game, and say it's a trials genre of game but if they have a trademark they couldn't use the Trials phrasing in the title.

Website hasn't been updated since last August, so at this point it seems like it's just another piece of Vita vaporware to throw on the pile but if it does look like it's getting released I guess we'll find out if they have a trademark or not.

unomas

Banned
Bought this game the other day after downloading the demo, pretty cool and will keep me busy for quite some time. I've gotten gold on most tracks I've played so far, but I only have my B class license so I'm sure it will get harder and harder. I've watched ghost runs online, but damn some of these guys at the top of the leaderboards are insane. No way I'll be getting times like that, pretty cool game for $15.

Najaf

All platinums through hard complete! Bring on Extreme!

Also, I thought it was cool that I happened to do that after playing for 24 hours to the minute. (granted more than ten of those were spent in the editor)

Come at my times Whitehawk and Jimbo.
To be fair you both are smoking me on a bunch

tOWuX.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
You are probably way ahead of me on the global leaderboards. I like to focus on a few tracks at a time. For example I'm still trying to beat my time on RollerCoaster. I know a few parts where I can speed up my time (Especially at the first ramp if you do a backflip or hook your back tire) but it's hard.

Najaf

You are probably way ahead of me on the global leaderboards. I like to focus on a few tracks at a time. For example I'm still trying to beat my time on RollerCoaster. I know a few parts where I can speed up my time (Especially at the first ramp if you do a backflip or hook your back tire) but it's hard.

Yeah, doing the roll out backflip is tough to do even 1 out of 20 times, where you goose the throttle and your rear wheel leaves the ramp before the rest of your bike while you flip out. This keeps that low trajectory and maintains speed. Everytime I pull one (by accident even) I hope to set a new record so the replay is saved. Definitely hard.

I hear you on focusing on tracks, but man, still on Roller Coaster? Your replay is awesome. I got hooked on Home Run for a whole day trying to beat a buddies time. There are some great tracks in this game. I am not looking forward to platinuming Expert though. I think I will take a break and actually finish my creation in the editor before tackling those beasts.

Cheers mate.

whitehawk

Banned
Yeah, doing the roll out backflip is tough to do even 1 out of 20 times, where you goose the throttle and your rear wheel leaves the ramp before the rest of your bike while you flip out. This keeps that low trajectory and maintains speed. Everytime I pull one (by accident even) I hope to set a new record so the replay is saved. Definitely hard.

I hear you on focusing on tracks, but man, still on Roller Coaster? Your replay is awesome. I got hooked on Home Run for a whole day trying to beat a buddies time. There are some great tracks in this game. I am not looking forward to platinuming Expert though. I think I will take a break and actually finish my creation in the editor before tackling those beasts.

Cheers mate.
I love being #1 on a track knowing that people are learning from my replays. Once that glitched guy gets removed, I'll be number one, and I want to keep that spot.

So I just improved my time by 0.036 second haha. Didn't even use the flip technique however, so I can still improve it
KuGsj.gif

Gen X

Spent close to 4 hours starting a track in the editor. I might be going the wrong way about it but I've designed the background/environment first and adding jumps/obstacles second. Still, first attempt so it's teaching me the dos and don'ts.

Popeck

its one of the most boring tracks in the game though. :p

Yeah, I don't really care for tracks like Rollercoaster. I think the Hard tracks offer a nice combination of speed and technique, for me at least. Still need platinums on Inferno 3 and The Way of the Ninja.

MMaRsu

Just saw the messages you sent me last night MMarsu. Managed a 0 fault run through the secret area.. shame the replays still glitch out : Gonna have to avoid the suspension bridges for your next track I think.
Yeah it really sucks most replays are bugged.

Im gonna stay away from the rope bridges on my nexy map. I have a great idea for my third track though!

Friend request sent to gaf tag add me pls

Gt : senior gipo

Just sent the request gamer tag full :-(

Got over a day logged in this shit...

I wanna compete :-(

Railer

So, whats going on with track of the week? Going to get a new one this week?
Just played some RedLynx Moto-Jam and got a decent time, placed 4015, bit I'd love a new track :)

Saroyan

I managed to get through Dark City Run and Way of the Ninja last night, I just need to tackle The Wreck and I'll have all the extreme tracks done. I didn't think I would be able to do it a couple weeks ago.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How does multiplayer work? Several races now the points allocated seem odd. Is it just 10/9/8/7 for finishing first/second etc, then minus one point per fault?

A few times my son has had a DNF in the middle of the track for no clear reason - why is that?

Also, can someone give me any tips on technique for Elevation? It feels like you should be able to clear the second little ramp by jumping from the first, and get a good downhill run to cross the water (and top replays show that too). But I can't pull it off. I've tried doing a left/right flick but it doesn't seem to give me the distance needed.

geebee

Banned
Are there any other cool/exciting trials similar to Terminator 2? Gameplay-wise it wasn't great, but the presentation was pretty awesome.

sneaky77

How does multiplayer work? Several races now the points allocated seem odd. Is it just 10/9/8/7 for finishing first/second etc, then minus one point per fault?

A few times my son has had a DNF in the middle of the track for no clear reason - why is that?

You have a certain amount left to finish after the first person crosses the line

Brakara

In Supercross, yes. In Trials, the deduction of points seems a little different (not strictly one point pr fault).

There may be deductions for time as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Anyone knows the complete rules?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are there any other cool/exciting trials similar to Terminator 2? Gameplay-wise it wasn't great, but the presentation was pretty awesome.
There's a War of the Worlds one, but it's not as flashy. I still liked it. Check it out by neo zanp.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Uggh, the controls for the editor are so frustrating. It's the only thing that keeps me from actually trying to create a map.
I honestly think the editor is so fantastically intuitive outside of the camera, which there's no real good solution for TBH. Maybe if it was Forge-like, but even still I feel the compromises are justified.

Top Bottom