• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Yeah, I remember that last jump being awkward in Castle Crasher. I still need to get Gold on it.

Anyone tried the graveyard track on RedLynx picks? I love the ending! Fire in the Hole is brilliant, too - I am surprised by the creativity on show after such a short time.

I am itching to create my own, but it seems so complicated. I'd probably have to invest a lot of time just to get something half decent done.

Oreoleo

I know this is playing with fire a bit but I just have to gloat while I can: A certain someone just beat whitehawk's overall leaderboard score B)

Movin' on up!

And while i'm thinking about it: Najaf when were you planning to post the next round of leaderboard screens? That must be a lot of effort so I don't expect it to be very regularly, but I'm just curious.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
-Put the final checkpoint *after* the hole, otherwise you'll always finish before getting into the hole. You could hide it, and add a normal checkpoint where the goal would be, to make it look like it is the finish line.

-Create an Area Trigger in the hole, make sure it's big enough that the player will always hit it.

-Create an End Event and link the Area Trigger to it. And that's it!

Thank you very much Sectus.

I am itching to create my own, but it seems so complicated. I'd probably have to invest a lot of time just to get something half decent done.

I hear you. I jumped straight in and designed the whole environment for mine and started adding jumps'n'shit later. The track is 1000 meters long and I've just reached the halfway point after 3 days. So far when testing it it can take roughly 1 min to race to halfway. Kinda what I am going for but I am starting to get anxious to finish it as I have another idea for an original track. (My current one is based on a movie, therefor, not really original).

whitehawk

Banned
Back to the subject of the editor controls: it's extra frustrating for me because I use inverted controls for shooters. So it's not really natural for me to move the cursor to the top of screen to look up. :/
You'll get used to the superior way of contrlling soon.

Gen X

Holy shit! Check out the Red Lynx Picks track 'Harbour Run (Evo)'. Wow. He built that submarine and aircraft carrier right? An awesomely designed track, you'd almost think it was part of the game.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Holy shit! Check out the Red Lynx Picks track 'Harbour Run (Evo)'. Wow. He built that submarine and aircraft carrier right? An awesomely designed track, you'd almost think it was part of the game.

Yeah, just played through it. It has some cool short cuts too.

Definity

Looking for feedback on a track I built:

Name: RedLynx Factory

Description: "Break into the redlynx factory by busting through the front gate. Be on the look out for the cops!"

Gamertag: Definity

Thanks.

jgkspsx

Just phenomenal. A steal at $15. I thought MotoHeroz got miserably hard really quick, so I'm very happy that they got the curve so perfect here.

I got the impression that reviewers were lukewarm on the multiplayer stuff, but I love it. Racing your friends' ghosts and playing Supercross are ridiculously addictive. I hope they fix the multitude of matchmaking bugs soon, though.

Two thoughts on cheevos:
1) Full Throttle II is a lot easier than Full Throttle. (I went back and got Full Throttle for the first time tonight, so it's a very fresh comparison.) Maybe it's just that it's much easier to see what's going on in Evo than HD, but I never felt nearly as frustrated on II as I did trying in HD.

2) I really want that tiny bike, but how the hell do you do the Unyielding achievements? Zen mastery? You really can't touch the stick?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just wanna chime in an say te two Portal tracks are fucking amazing. Fucking. Amazing. So well done its insane.

Danielsan

Added my XBL username to the list in the OP. Feel free to add me. My Xbox friends list is a bit barren due to the fact that I refuse to pay for Gold, so I simply never bothered to add many people. Luckily the ghost data and leaderboards are fully functional on silver accounts. Right now I have about 6 people in my list with the game, but I'd love to have more.

I purchased the game Wednesday night and I am completely addicted. I've only played about 3-4 hours and I currently have 83 medals. Hoping to reach the 135 medals tomorrow.

acm2000

user level: Sonic The Hedgehog

lol, they made a whole sonic level, 2 acts, 2 boss fights, and if no faults, bonus level for chaos emerald >_< and they even made the sonic music, bearing in mind there is no music editor afaik

Gen X

Man that Physics Joints video confuses the hell out of me. The guy talks about Linear settings in detail then when he gets to angular that the same laws applies then moves onto the next. I think I've watched it about 4 times now over and over but I cannot for the life of me get a simple hinge to work. The idea is to make a floor panel bend down on a hinge axis so it leads elsewhere but I think it might be colliding with other world objects that aren't glued together by the Physics Joint.

I'll have to try and have another look after work with a clear head.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just wanna chime in an say te two Portal tracks are fucking amazing. Fucking. Amazing. So well done its insane.

Titles/gamer tags ?

For unyielding (which I haven't done), you can use the brake to give you a little clockwise rotation in the air if you're pitching too high. There are also some YouTube walkthroughs.

For the editor, is there any way to get objects to snap to the racing line? Thin beams are a pain to line up. Would be nice if the bloody shadow indicated where you are in the world

Gen X

For the editor, is there any way to get objects to snap to the racing line? Thin beams are a pain to line up. Would be nice if the bloody shadow indicated where you are in the world

Click the right thumbstick to center the object, click a second time to reset the object to it's default angle.

MMaRsu

lol, they made a whole sonic level, 2 acts, 2 boss fights, and if no faults, bonus level for chaos emerald >_< and they even made the sonic music, bearing in mind there is no music editor afaik

There actually is a way to make music with a very basic music set included in the editor ( has drums, claps etc )

Zeth

Gold on the Extreme tournament! Surprisingly did it on my second try because I've been focusing only on Extreme now for the past few days. Got all my extreme faults to single digits with the exception of Way of the Ninja and Inferno 3. Working on those this weekend.

I only have one or two other friends on my extreme leaderboards (Damn you Najaf). If anyone wants some competition for those tracks, please add me! ZethGAF

edit: sorry for friend begging, will try to add some folks from list in OP

Got to the Extreme tracks last night. Felt good. I silvered the first one on the first try, but got stuck (maybe 60 attempts) on the second track. Tried Inferno III for kicks and got the first two checkpoints, but got super frustrated getting to the third - I could not stick that last steep platform.

I watch videos and think "oh that doesn't look too bad" but then I try to do it and end up ragequitting.

I also watched the "extra" Giant Bomb Quicklook - good lord was that frustrating. Ryan's description of that tense "twisting" in your hands and legs just watching someone else play (especially Brad) was spot on. I had to look away sometimes. My fingers hurt.

How the hell did Brad make it to the Extreme tracks without knowing how to bunny hop?!?

ok there are too many Medium tracks in this game.
I love Medium tracks. For me, those are the most fun to try to improve my times. Sometimes I'll just zone out with music or a podcast and run through the medium tracks. Probably because I'm just not good enough to beat Hard or Extreme tracks in less than 10 or so attempts, which gets frustrating. Not to say I don't like trying for golds on the harder tracks, but I prefer trying to find that extra half-second to move one spot up on my friends leaderboard.

Chris R

Got to the Extreme tracks last night. Felt good. I silvered the first one on the first try, but got stuck (maybe 60 attempts) on the second track. Tried Inferno III for kicks and got the first two checkpoints, but got super frustrated getting to the third - I could not stick that last steep platform.

I watch videos and think "oh that doesn't look too bad" but then I try to do it and end up ragequitting.

I also watched the "extra" Giant Bomb Quicklook - good lord was that frustrating. Ryan's description of that tense "twisting" in your hands and legs just watching someone else play (especially Brad) was spot on. I had to look away sometimes. My fingers hurt.

How the hell did Brad make it to the Extreme tracks without knowing how to bunny hop?!?
I still don't know how to bunny hop properly :p That will probably prevent me from getting 100% no fault platinum, but I don't care, I'm having fun playing the game.

And I'm going to beat Inferno III over this weekend, because if it isn't those sloped boards after the second checkpoint, it is the sloped board with the barrels after it :< Once I get past that though, I'm gravy (until the final checkpoint, damn that wheel!)

I still don't know how to bunny hop properly :p That will probably prevent me from getting 100% no fault platinum, but I don't care, I'm having fun playing the game.

And I'm going to beat Inferno III over this weekend, because if it isn't those sloped boards after the second checkpoint, it is the sloped board with the barrels after it :< Once I get past that though, I'm gravy (until the final checkpoint, damn that wheel!)
Ugh, I saw that on a video. I sort of wish I saw it myself for the first time, playing the game. But I would have took one look and said "yeah, I'm not doing that."

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gold on the Extreme tournament! Surprisingly did it on my second try because I've been focusing only on Extreme now for the past few days. Got all my extreme faults to single digits with the exception of Way of the Ninja and Inferno 3. Working on those this weekend.

I only have one or two other friends on my extreme leaderboards (Damn you Najaf). If anyone wants some competition for those tracks, please add me! ZethGAF

edit: sorry for friend begging, will try to add some folks from list in OP

If you add me, all 45 of my friends are off the Neogaf Trials friends list so it will make it easy for you to add Neogaf trials fiends.

Gt: YabooshWabowsky

Scrum

Yikes, finally reached the goal in Way of the Ninja. It only took 27:06.006 and 430 faults.

Well I have room for improvement I suppose :)

JRW

Loving this game although watching the global leader replays is a little discouraging, holy crap lol.

Yikes, finally reached the goal in Way of the Ninja. It only took 27:06.006 and 430 faults.

Well I have room for improvement I suppose :)

My first pass was like that. Did it again and finished in 14min.

I'm having trouble with that damn scoreboard on dark city run. :\

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Loving this game although watching the global leader replays is a little discouraging, holy crap lol.

Same. I want to see the replays to get some tips, but the guys at the top are doing crazy stuff that is almost no help.

Is there an easy way to get to the lowest replays - is it top 10,000?

Who is the creator? You can't search by track name.

JRW

Same. I want to see the replays to get some tips, but the guys at the top are doing crazy stuff that is almost no help.

Is there an easy way to get to the lowest replays - is it top 10,000?

You can also view replays of whoever is #1 in your friends list on each track which can help at times.

Najaf

Damn Icarus factor minigame makes me so frustrated. I watch the leaderboard #1 and it just seems so random.

Alright, back to the editor. I'm finishing the beast!

You can also view replays of whoever is #1 in your friends list on each track which can help at times.

Only if their time is in the top 10,000 or so for that track.

Oreoleo

Damn Icarus factor minigame makes me so frustrated. I watch the leaderboard #1 and it just seems so random.

That's the flying one right? There's something going on with the left trigger in all the leader board replays I don't understand. Literally the only thing in the game I just can't get a gold medal on (extreme tracks will just take some time but I'm sure I can do it). So frustrating.

How do I watch replays of other people's runs?

I'm kind of a new 360 owner, silver, haven't added any friends on this. if it matters. thanks.

Top Bottom