• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

andylsun

7LqBzm.jpg

Figured out how to miss the second ramp on Elevation - phew! The control input display in the replays is really useful for figuring out how to do it. There's at least another second of time I lost later in the level, but pleased with my time.

Start the level with very slight back stick, then when the rear bike wheel leaves the wooden part of the ramp (with the front wheel slightly off the ground), push the stick forward and keep it there. The front wheel of the bike should then start to drop as it goes past the end of the ramp. The momentum of the riders body gets the bike over the second ramp.

MMaRsu

Just a little reminder, if anyone hasnt played my second track yet called Trials Raider, here is a vido and the description and hopefully you'll check it out ^_^.

Trials Raider
GT = MMaRsu NL
http://www.youtube.com/embed/d8SrEORjLBc

Gametype : Trials
Track Name : Trials Raider
Tags : High-Speed, Scenic, Multiple Routes, Themed
Difficulty : Hard
Description : Can you find the treasure hidden deep in the tempel? It's Trials Raider!!
Released : 30-4-2012

I hope people like it! I know there are some weird things in the map physics wise like the rope bridges and I apologize.

Najaf

How do I watch replays of other people's runs?

I'm kind of a new 360 owner, silver, haven't added any friends on this. if it matters. thanks.

Head to the leaderboards of a track, look at your friends' times and see if Y is an option. It should say view replay. If none are, tab over to the global leaderboards in the same menu. Roughly the top 10,000 replays are available on each track. Just hit Y and there you go.

Rawker

Ok ive uploaded my second custom track and i hope I've learned from my first one. This track is as follows

Name: JIG SAW
User: ST6 Rawker

Difficulty: extreme

I would love some feedback, it is pretty tricky with high skill needed but not as much as the dev extreme tracks. Please let me know what you think and if you need help just ask or watch my replay. Thanks.

Looking for feedback on a track I built:

Name: RedLynx Factory

Description: "Break into the redlynx factory by busting through the front gate. Be on the look out for the cops!"

Gamertag: Definity

Thanks.

Hey, nice job on the track. Pros- Seemed pretty solid. Everything worked as it seemed like it should. I liked the idea of the water pushing up the big piece of metal near the beginning, and having to outrun a car at the end as a final obstacle. It might have even been better if the cop was little harder to outrun, maybe based on needed momentum going into that section or something. Cons- Anything that obscures your biker can be frustrating even if its very temporary, like the blind jump in the middle, and (may seem nitpicky) even the water over the round grate obscuring your biker keeping you from feeling in control of where you're at all the time.

Head to the leaderboards of a track, look at your friends' times and see if Y is an option. It should say view replay. If none are, tab over to the global leaderboards in the same menu. Roughly the top 10,000 replays are available on each track. Just hit Y and there you go.

Ahh awesome, thanks!

This game is like crack.

Looking for feedback on a track I built:

Name: RedLynx Factory

Description: "Break into the redlynx factory by busting through the front gate. Be on the look out for the cops!"

Thanks.

Hey, this is a nice little track. Good job!

The only thing I didn't like was a couple times when something in the foreground obscured the view of the rider, so I couldn't see where I was landing and crashed. But altogether I liked it!

Just a little reminder, if anyone hasnt played my second track yet called Trials Raider, here is a vido and the description and hopefully you'll check it out ^_^.

Trials Raider
GT = MMaRsu NL
http://www.youtube.com/embed/d8SrEORjLBc

Gametype : Trials
Track Name : Trials Raider
Tags : High-Speed, Scenic, Multiple Routes, Themed
Difficulty : Hard
Description : Can you find the treasure hidden deep in the tempel? It's Trials Raider!!
Released : 30-4-2012

I hope people like it! I know there are some weird things in the map physics wise like the rope bridges and I apologize.

I played this track before and liked it. I can appreciate the effort that goes into picking a visual theme and sticking to it, as I'm trying to do that more on the second track I'm working on now. No complaints on your track. Except maybe the one spot I faulted dozens of times, which...is just me, because I still suck at climbing steep inclines.

atomsk

Party Pooper
all that remains to Plat are 6 Extreme tracks (maybe) and all the Tourneys (probably not)

went back to beginner and topped a few of Daigoro's times (bring it!)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hmmmm, had my Xbox lock up a few times when testing a custom track and then selecting 'Resume Editing'. Complexity isn't high either, only around 40% so I don't think it's that.

MrSerrels

after faulting for like the 200th time....I just put the controller down quietly and walked away. my wife told me i was "acting weird" by being all calm...but it was pure rage inside.

I reckon I faulted it 300 times over four runs before actually getting it. Complete fluke. The problem is -- straight after is something almost as infuriating.

unomas

Banned
Gold on everything so far about 75% through medium, that damn Limbo track gave me trouble, felt like the controls were really touchy and I had a hard time not crashing! Not sure if I'll be able to Gold everything on the rest of medium and hard, the game is definitely getting increasingly harder. Any suggestions on which bike to use most often?

MMaRsu

Hmmmm, had my Xbox lock up a few times when testing a custom track and then selecting 'Resume Editing'. Complexity isn't high either, only around 40% so I don't think it's that.

Ouch that sucks man..never had that happen to me, only in MP has it locked up. Always save then.. :p

sneaky77

Gold on everything so far about 75% through medium, that damn Limbo track gave me trouble, felt like the controls were really touchy and I had a hard time not crashing! Not sure if I'll be able to Gold everything on the rest of medium and hard, the game is definitely getting increasingly harder. Any suggestions on which bike to use most often?

the phoenix I think except for the gigatrack

Najaf

Watch the number one replay on each level. Use that bike.

Definity

Thanks for the feedback on the track so far. I've already thrown version 2 out there with a few fixes and have made it a bit easier. Being able to watch folks with the replay really helps out with fixing big issues.

I will fix up the issues where the rider becomes hard to see with a few of my objects and throw v3 out there. Thanks again for the input.

Track Name: Redlynx Factory V2

Gen X

Ouch that sucks man..never had that happen to me, only in MP has it locked up. Always save then.. :p

I've been lucky and haven't lost much if anything. Generally I keep playing certain sections over and over, not just once and think "That'll do", trying to actually see if there are other issues.

In other news, after my posting yesterday saying I couldn't get a physics joint to work, I realised I had turned off the physics bubble around the rider. I do however really need a little bit of help on making a hinge work. So far it flaps around a little bit before you are on it which I don't want. Think of it like a horizontal platform but when you land on it it folds down on a 45 degree angle. Well, it almost works but not quite. If someone could help me out with what sort of settings I need exactly for it to stay flush when inactive and then tilt on a 45 degree angle when a bike lands on it without any bounce that would be very much appreciated.

I'll have a scope on the Redlynx forums in the meantime.

I've been lucky and haven't lost much if anything. Generally I keep playing certain sections over and over, not just once and think "That'll do", trying to actually see if there are other issues.

In other news, after my posting yesterday saying I couldn't get a physics joint to work, I realised I had turned off the physics bubble around the rider. I do however really need a little bit of help on making a hinge work. So far it flaps around a little bit before you are on it which I don't want. Think of it like a horizontal platform but when you land on it it folds down on a 45 degree angle. Well, it almost works but not quite. If someone could help me out with what sort of settings I need exactly for it to stay flush when inactive and then tilt on a 45 degree angle when a bike lands on it without any bounce that would be very much appreciated.

Could you turn the physics of the hinge items off and then have a hit trigger set to the bike and the hinge platform connected to a physics event to turn physics on only once the bike touches it.

Gen X

I'll try that out and see if it'll work. No harm in trying, it's all a learning experience and is good to get input/help from others. =)

Can you describe the pieces and hinge(s)? Is the whole thing resting freely on something?

Gen X

Can you describe the pieces and hinge(s)? Is the whole thing resting freely on something?

I can actually do one better and take a screen grab.

U1z7W.jpg

I am using 2x Metal Plate - Large Rectangle that are glued together. That is supposed to be the moving item, both pieces in red so they act like a ramp. This item is not supported underneath, I've made sure no items are in the way and collision detection is set to Off.

I have moved the actual joint in the air to show you the angle I have set for it to move since you wouldn't be able to see it, but it is directly above where the joint is.

The Event box is connected to the Physics Box to turn on the Physics Joint when a bike hit's the box but I am not 100% sure if this is the way to go about it.

If you need any other info just ask. =)

screen grab

Since the physics enabled ramp is so flush with the pieces surrounding it, my initial guess would be that the wobble is happening because of it.

I know you said collision detection is off, and I'm assuming you mean the option in the joint itself which turns off collision between the two pieces of the hinge. But in addition to that maybe try eliminating physics interaction between the ramp and the other surrounding pieces by either:

A) setting the pieces to the left and right of the ramp to Decoration type and cheating the far piece a little forward to create some additional space tolerance (guessing the far piece is something you want the rider to be able to ride on if passing the ramp), or

B) gluing ALL the metal pieces immediately surrounding the ramp into one piece to act as the first hinge piece so that in theory the joint 'collision off' mode will affect them as well. Don't know if the hinge will work without adjusting the pivot point after doing this though.

MMaRsu

I can actually do one better and take a screen grab.

U1z7W.jpg

I am using 2x Metal Plate - Large Rectangle that are glued together. That is supposed to be the moving item, both pieces in red so they act like a ramp. This item is not supported underneath, I've made sure no items are in the way and collision detection is set to Off.

I have moved the actual joint in the air to show you the angle I have set for it to move since you wouldn't be able to see it, but it is directly above where the joint is.

The Event box is connected to the Physics Box to turn on the Physics Joint when a bike hit's the box but I am not 100% sure if this is the way to go about it.

If you need any other info just ask. =)

If you have the hinge connected to two items you need collision detection or whatever ON and make sure it doesnt clip with any other objects. I hope that helps!

Gen X

Yeah sorry, I meant collision is off, the box is checked.

I'll just move on to the rest of the track and finish that off then come back to this nearer the end. I've already spent close to 4 days on the map (four sittings, not 4x24hours lol)

(guessing the far piece is something you want the rider to be able to
ride on if passing the ramp),

I removed a shit load of objects from the screen prior to taking that pic so people won't know what is going on. ;) The surprise is already partly ruined, but it is only a tiny section of the track I have made. Just got a few jumps and objects/effects to add and it's finished apart from the hinge.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciate it. I think you'll like the track when it's completed.

Najaf

I'm making real headway on my track for those who have been waiting. It will be a 'hard' difficulty track based on what is in there already. Nothing to the scale of my HD extreme tracks, but one or two tricky obstacles thrown into an otherwise medium course. Its turning out really nice, and I am about to begin putting on the aesthetic theme. Might be a week out, as I want to really polish it before release.

Yes, yes, yes! Just managed to beat both The Wreck and Inferno 3 and now I've bronzed all Extreme tracks which is something I was never able to do in Trials HD. Might have to return to Trials HD and see if I can beat them now..

atomsk

Party Pooper
Yes, yes, yes! Just managed to beat both The Wreck and Inferno 3 and now I've bronzed all Extreme tracks which is something I was never able to do in Trials HD. Might have to return to Trials HD and see if I can beat them now..

THE BIKE WILL FEEL SO HEAVY

This game is amazing. It's pretty much a certainty it will be in my top 5 for the year, and it only cost me $15. :)

I liked the first game, but the steep difficulty curve discouraged me a little too quickly, so I put it down too soon. Evolution just eases you in so much better though, so I kept gradually getting better. Now I've finished all the hard tracks, and even finished one of the Extreme tracks, and I still feel like I've got many hours of entertainment to go.

Now I've even returned to the first game and I'm enjoying to more be because I've got enough skill to get further in that game.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Guys I am having some serious issues with the game freezing up on the menus. Has this happened to anyone else? Last night when I installed the game I didn't run into this until the second time I got on to customize my bikes. The menus started chugging while loading the little square options, then it just froze damn near altogether after bearing with it for a minute or so.

Tonight I can't navigate any menu without running into this problem. Fuckkk. Halp :_(

Najaf

Guys I am having some serious issues with the game freezing up on the menus. Has this happened to anyone else? Last night when I installed the game I didn't run into this until the second time I got on to customize my bikes. The menus started chugging while loading the little square options, then it just froze damn near altogether after bearing with it for a minute or so.

Tonight I can't navigate any menu without running into this problem. Fuckkk. Halp :_(

Uninstall and reinstall. Times and progress are kept on server side. Just back up your custom tracks.

jgkspsx

It felt really good to get Gold on the "Unyielding" type circus game. I'm going to use my newly learned skills to fail Unyielding some more.

In what way? I like the menus and style in Evolution much more.
Me too. I liked Trials, but I love Evolution, style-wise. In general, I guess, except maybe some of the music. The outdoor environments and the range/imagination on display are stunning.

The net effect of this game is to make me feel even more cheated by Motoheroz, though. Wasted promise there :|

Gen X

Oh man, I am so close to getting my hinge to work lol. Got it sitting there like a normal platform till I enable it with the Area Trigger, just need to sort out how to get it to bend. I did have it bending before but I can't for the life of me remember what I changed.

So anxious to get this track published, trying to resist the urge to rush it, especially since there are so many professional tracks appearing. 6 hours I've spent on it today and all that feels left now is additonial scenery/background objects and getting two things to move on queue how they are supposed to.

*Edit*
OMG, it was so simple after all this time. I saw an example in the 'Example Tracks'. Pick the Complex one and there is a secret area to the left where the floor folds away like the two sides are on hinges. I copied the same setting and it worked.

What I had was the Physics Joint set Type to a Turning Hinge and then the preset was 90 degrees. All I had to do was leave the Type set to Rotational Hinges and the Preset to Single Axis. Properties remained simple and I never altered anything else. *slaps forehead*

whitehawk

Banned
Damn Icarus factor minigame makes me so frustrated. I watch the leaderboard #1 and it just seems so random.
I'm pretty sure all those top scores are achieved by using modded controllers that flick between X and Y at lightning speeds unachievable by thumbs.

yophlow

Banned
How the hell does one terraform? I use the terrain tool, I can seemingly outline an area on the ground, change the colour and size but I have no idea how to actually make it rise up and down. There's no button prompts and I swear I pushed everything....

MMaRsu

How the hell does one terraform? I use the terrain tool, I can seemingly outline an area on the ground, change the colour and size but I have no idea how to actually make it rise up and down. There's no button prompts and I swear I pushed everything....

Press up on the dpad with the tool open.

Gen X

Damn, botched my track up. Although I can resort to an earlier file (I was naming them, v0.01, v0.50 etc) I think that my ambitions were way too high and the track now suffers from frame rate issues even though I've made a lot of the objects Decoration only and have physics turned off.

I might leave it for now and move onto something else with the knowledge I have learned and come back to this one at a later date. Just feels like I've spent so long on it since I started on Tues.

ksdixon

finally fogured out what bothers me about the demo (too poor for the game). it is that it controls like trials 2 se on pc when played with a pad. one little flinch on the rs and the rider lunges forward or leans right back. i MUCH percer trials hd's handling.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
finally fogured out what bothers me about the demo (too poor for the game). it is that it controls like trials 2 se on pc when played with a pad. one little flinch on the rs and the rider lunges forward or leans right back. i MUCH percer trials hd's handling.
Which bike? All the bikes are different.

Top Bottom