• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

atomsk

Party Pooper
got all the extreme tracks under 10 faults, and if I can get that low, I can probably 0 fault them

only a matter of time (and patience)

atomsk

Party Pooper
Too bad the game doesn't just have some community features that let you join a leaderboard group with a password or something.

Which is kind of strange since Motoheroz did exactly that

...nobody really played Motoheroz (and "we have decided not to create DLC for the WiiWare version of MotoHeroz at this time")

Certainly something they could patch into Evo I would think

Jex

Just started on the Extreme tracks last night, the first one (Truth Is Out There) was fairly easy except for the technique on the final jump. Really liked the second one though, didn't have time to 0-fault it last night but definitely one of the best tracks in the game so far. No gimmicks, no curved track, just a really good proper Trials track :O~
Too bad the game hasn't had enough of these though. Definitely a weaker game than Trials HD in my opinion, kind of ruined by gimmicks.

Yeah, I feel that a lot of the puzzle-y elements of the original tracks are toned down in favour of, er, theme, pretty backgrounds and (sometimes) being really long. In the original Trials HD on a number of levels it really felt like an achievement passing from one checkpoint to another, because you'd have to surmount some new obstacle. I don't like the padding in Evlotuion.

Furthermore, gated content sucks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Which is kind of strange since Motoheroz did exactly that

...nobody really played Motoheroz (and "we have decided not to create DLC for the WiiWare version of MotoHeroz at this time")

Certainly something they could patch into Evo I would think

And 1000 Heroz has this style of leaderboards.

Najaf

Just platinumed Inferno 3! Woohoo! Now on to that pesky Way of the Ninja.

For those that have been asking, I will post new leaderboard shots this weekend. Get on those times people, I will be posting Saturday.

Najaf

All Platinum medals done for individual tracks! Feels good. Now for those tournaments!

MWioO.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm going for my last gold on individual tracks now, Inferno 3.

Don't know if I have it in me to do the plats; I'm proud of just being able to hack the gold extreme tracks lol.

Najaf

Just cleared out 5 more spots on NeoGAF Trials friends list. I removed the five people with the least time played, which was around two hours or less.

If you want to be added, send a friend request to NeoGAF Trials and I will add you before the new leaderboard post this Saturday.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I finally started the extreme tracks the other night (had to grind out a bunch of silver medals to unlock them), and the first few were simple enough, since my friend and I had suffered through them earlier. Then I got to Dark City. That shit was ridiculous. The part with the ramp jump onto the two steep angled ramps ran up my fault count like norhing before. By the time I got over those ramps, I had maybe half of them left. Then the curved ramp jump onto the last building was super hard to land. Thanks to both of those obstacles, my time was almost out. I ended up running out of time trying to get over that air conditioner looking thing on the roof.

The ninja track was so easy by comparison. I went through it quick, and it was more fun than frustrating. But that Inferno III... Goddamn it. That track murdered me. The series of vertical ramps, that super tall vertical jump onto that bridge part. Just unfair. I made it all the way to hose tires, with 440 faults and about 5 minutes left. Faulted out on the second to last tire with 30 seconds to go. Fuc* you, Trials

Still love the game, my favorite of the year so far. Those custom tracks people make are insane. The Alien one, Hot Fuzz, and the Dark Tower were so good. I feel like a real chump looking at the stuff people have made. I'll never be that talented.

Sectus

Any person with less than 2 squirrels are awful people as that means they haven't been watching the ending sequences >:|

Najaf

Any person with less than 2 squirrels are awful people as that means they haven't been watching the ending sequences >:|

Touche.

Speaking of ending sequences, you get unique endings for both Way of the Ninja and Inferno 3 when you platinum them. I honestly did not think to watch the other extreme platinum endings as I did not know to look for something different. I also rushed out of the ends so that my platinums could be recorded server side; you know in case of a random power outage or natural disaster of some sort.

Overdoziz

Banned
Got a load of platinum medals today.
Here's what's left for me:

1 Medium (gigatrack)
1 Hard
6 Extreme

Haven't really gone for Extreme tracks yet. Most tracks are surprisingly easy to get platinum on.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'll keep that in mind if I ever get around to Plat on the rest of the extreme tracks...

0 faults on Out of the Pit and Fishy Business... but over the time limit =/

Do the special platinum endings show if you watch the top replays? I thought the squirrels were hidden in the levels, not in the ending sequences.

That's impressive though Najaf. Congrats. I got Inferno down to 19 faults so I'm slowly getting there. Don't imagine I'll ever 0 fault most of these extremes though.

Najaf

You can see the first few seconds of the special endings if you watch the replays, yes. But you do not get to see the whole thing.

whitehawk

Banned
They reaaaally needd to fix the servers. Right now I can view the leaderboards, but can't post a time. Multiplayer is also broken most of the time. Can't wait for a patch.

jgkspsx

I love this game, but I pray that they do not make a UFO game. Probably the worst-controlling game I've ever played, including a bunch of broken student crap.

Beat the main game, beat the truth is out there. (Beat Unyielding in Trials. Woo!) Might try to finish extreme tracks. Probably will do multiplayer again when it starts working reliably. Definitely will keep looking for squirrels. But I think the rest of the hard achievements are never gonna get done.

Overdoziz

Banned
Completed all Hard tracks on platinum. :D For some reason I had a hard time beating Under Construction and when I made it I was about 9 seconds under the time required. This game makes no sense. :|
Also, Gigatrack isn't fun.

acm2000

They reaaaally needd to fix the servers. Right now I can view the leaderboards, but can't post a time. Multiplayer is also broken most of the time. Can't wait for a patch.

hmm, ive not had any problems since ms upgraded the servers a few days after launch, in either multi or leaderboards

Also, Gigatrack isn't fun.

i love gigatrack :D getting 0 faults is... frustrating, but its really well designed

Daigoro

yeah been working on Gigatrack platinum on and off for the last few days. last Medium plat i need. its frustrating as hell.

i like just riding the track and racing multiplayer on it, but going for the plat is not fun. im not consistent enough to ride for 7 minutes without faulting regularly. :p

im 7 seconds over the limit currently.

Noaloha

I sort of dislike how markedly effective front flips are in this game.

The physics of it all may be perfectly accurate for all I know and real-life motocross time trial participants would break records left right and centre if they stopped caring about their lives and started throwing their weight over their bars more, but it just looks and feels.. a bit silly. It has the faint tang of a regular old gameplay exploit. Makes things more, I dunno, videogamey. But not in a particularly enjoyable satisfying way.

EDIT: struck off 'enjoyable' because it wasn't really the right word.

Down to 3 faults on Out of the Pit. I love the extreme tracks so much but it makes going back to try to Platinum easy and medium such a chore.

Sectus

Finally finished a new custom track. It's a skill game called "Biker vs Pianos". It's based on being in a small arena and avoiding a ton of falling pianos. I'd say the difficulty is pretty high (I probably should have labeled it extreme instead of hard).

2012-05-12_16-32-23nkdwb.png

2012-05-12_16-28-47deuyk.png

2012-05-12_16-33-1740ucv.png

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Just Giga Track left to do for all the medium platinums.

I finished it in 07:06:xxx with no faults today and then died a little inside.

Najaf

edit: I just added three more folks from GAF to the friends list, but after I took all the shots. You guys will be in the next update.

Global Rankings
Walk in the Park
Ridge Tracer
Beach Head
Dunes of Hazard
Downhill Dominator
Moto Madness
Fuel for the Flames
Oil Crisis
Sunset Stripped
Strike
Elevation
Cliff Jumper
Ridinghood
Gas'n'Go
Terminal Velocity
Rock Steady
Roller Coaster
Sewage Plant
Suspense
Tribal Trouble
Falling Down
Pier Pressure
Titan Graveyard
Train Yard
Meltdown
Lookout Point
Prospector
Collateral Damage
Archipelago
Dockside
Mind Bender
Harbor Havok
Trials of Limbo
Power Plant
Tree Hugger
Swamp Fever
Castle Crash
Gigatrack
Cutting Edge
Home Run
Physics Factory
Around the Ranch
Oil Rig Run
RedLynx Moto-Jam
Damned
The Ascent
Lab Rat
Death Valley
Logging on
Down in the Dumps
Warehouse 28
Under Construction
Storm Drain
Scrapyard
Groundhog Asylum
Bridge of Trials
Extreme
The Truth is Out There
Out of the Pit
Fishy Business
Dark City Run
The Wreck
Way of the Ninja
Inferno 3
Tournaments
Even Flow
Cutting Corners
School of Rock
Fantastic Voyages
Scenic Route
Sink or Swim
Destroyed Beauty
Enduro
Industrial Revolution
Urban Legends
Trash Talk
Test your Might
Skill Games
Gas Problem
Freestyler
Icarus Factor
S.P.H.E.R.E
UFO
Balance of Power
Cruise Control
Ball of Steel
Mr. Vertigo
Exploding Man

sneaky77

nothing like seeing the awesome gaf skills to remind you that you suck lol.. I was surprised to see my name in 8 or 9 of those tracks.

edit: thanks for taking the time to upload them.

Top Bottom