• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

besada

Banned
This is me when I got to the bunny hop tutorial...
k2dLQjY.gif

Any good tips for an old man?

Daigoro

This damn obstacle, sigh...

iS7aoCxUur7UP.jpg

I've gotten past it many, many times (my best result on this track so far is 7 faults), but I just cannot seem to do it consistenly. I just don't know quite exactly how to tackle it, so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any good pointers?

such a pain in the ass.

Milpool

Anyone else on PC having stuttering issues? The game runs at a constant 60fps, but every couple of seconds it freezes for a couple of frames. It's starting to get pretty annoying.

I know I've mentioned hitching on the PS4 version in a few threads (in both live gameplay and replays), but as I was capturing some of my platinum runs for youtube it happened.

at 3:00 and at 6:42

It's not consistent when or where it happens, but I get this shit like maybe 2-3 times an hour, and it's fucked me up a few times.

I'm getting this too on the PC version, it's especially annoying since controller input is ignored for the brief moment it pauses and usually results in me faceplanting into an obstacle or messing up a landing.

MYeager

k2dLQjY.gif

Quickly flick left->right in a smooth motion and try to time it when you get toward the edge. My wife took a bit to get the hang of it and discovered she was actually moving it in kind of a diagonal (she wanted the bike to go up so she's flick it left->up/right. Like everything with Trials it's frustrating until it clicks, but once it clicks it becomes natural.

MYeager

I know I've mentioned hitching on the PS4 version in a few threads (in both live gameplay and replays), but as I was capturing some of my platinum runs for youtube it happened.

at 3:00 and at 6:42

It's not consistent when or where it happens, but I get this shit like maybe 2-3 times an hour, and it's fucked me up a few times.

That sucks. Hasn't happened to me at all in the 360 version of the game.

For people complaining about stuttering, slow downs, hitches, or anything else going wrong on the PC version. This game works flawless for me with the game running on Ultra locked at 1080P/60FPS with vsync on. Maybe it is an ATI/AMD issue?

My specs are
i5 3570k
GTX 680 4 gig
GeForce 337.50 Driver

epmode

GTX 570 here. Stutters like mad regardless of resolution, graphics settings or solid state drive. I even tried it fifteen minutes ago, just in case.

It's the exact same problem I've had since beta.

edit: TALKING ABOUT EVOLUTION, NOT FUSION

NeoRausch

k2dLQjY.gif

my mind clicked when I watched the rider a few times while trying bunny hop. you won't land shit when you do so, but you will get a good feeling for the mass the he brings into play.

Overdoziz

Banned
YNjvrWK.jpg

Now the fun starts.
For people complaining about stuttering, slow downs, hitches, or anything else going wrong on the PC version. This game works flawless for me with the game running on Ultra locked at 1080P/60FPS with vsync on. Maybe it is an ATI/AMD issue?

My specs are
i5 3570k
GTX 680 4 gig
GeForce 337.50 Driver
i5 4670k
HD 7850

Stutters, but a solid 60fps otherwise. :|

GodofWine

Ice Breaker broke me.

I cannot get up the hill right at the end, i get to within 20 ft of the finish line with 8 faults and finish with 18...ahhhhhh

Shit gets real on that group of tracks.

vid

Just picked up the physical version for PS4, can't wait to get home and stream and swear and TRIALS.

If you need an additional ghost to chase utterly decimate, send me an add.

PSN: vidkid7

Tregard

Soothsayer
Not enjoying FMX at all really, maybe I just haven't got the hang of it yet, but it feels like I get a different "trick" every time I move the stick even if I move it exactly the same way.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Stuttering was in Evolution for SLI setups. Made it unplayable as it seemed to run at 5fps. A quick google showed this being asked about in the beta of Fusion but no response.

Anyone SLI having no issues? Gladly appreciate some feedback :)

FHIZ

So can someone just spoil what happens with Cindy with me? Does she just go full on Halo 4 Cortana or is there some crazy twist in the last tier of levels? Never going to get the number of metals to get there.

Also, Ubi needs to release a Far Cry 3 Vaas costume for this game, just to be meta.

Got 9 pages of friends on the PS4 leader boards but there's room for more. Add me.

RJN is my PSN ID

I'm getting decent at the Platinum hunting. It seems that most tracks require using the Roach as it's decent at picking up speed, has a good top end, and controls reliably and predictably. You experience the same, guys?

sneaky77

Got 9 pages of friends on the PS4 leader boards but there's room for more. Add me.

RJN is my PSN ID

I'm getting decent at the Platinum hunting. It seems that most tracks require using the Roach as it's decent at picking up speed, has a good top end, and controls reliably and predictably. You experience the same, guys?
Until hitting the hard track i believe so

New002

Just downloaded this for the Xbox One. Saving at the end of tracks has been randomly slow. This last save took about 2 minutes. Not sure if this is a universal thing across all platforms. Other than that I'm enjoying the game!

The_Dude

Yep, first truly difficult track in the game, with some obstacles that require techniques you simply haven't needed earlier. There's a lot of getting your back wheel on the vertical part of an obstacle to propel yourself upward and swing yourself over the ledge above. Definitely takes some practice until you can do it somewhat consistently. I've beaten the track many times now, but I still always run into issues in one section or another. 7 faults is my best result so far.
Didn't realise you'd mentioned the same obstacle on the last page. Nice job getting it down to seven faults! I think the most frustrating thing is that I'm not new to Trials and, although nowhere near the top tier players, I like to think I'm pretty good at it. This just stumped me, though! I'll try again soon.

Just downloaded this for the Xbox One. Saving at the end of tracks has been randomly slow. This last save took about 2 minutes. Not sure if this is a universal thing across all platforms. Other than that I'm enjoying the game!

Not had that personally (on XB1), although I have had problems signing into the Ubisoft servers so that might have been an issue.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Not enjoying FMX at all really, maybe I just haven't got the hang of it yet, but it feels like I get a different "trick" every time I move the stick even if I move it exactly the same way.
The positions you need to be in to bust out a particular trick are slightly different than what the tutorial states. And your rider's center of gravity seems to have an effect as well. So if you're not tracking all those variables and flick the stick you'll have no way to know what you'll get.

saunderez

I'm getting this too on the PC version, it's especially annoying since controller input is ignored for the brief moment it pauses and usually results in me faceplanting into an obstacle or messing up a landing.
I was getting it in the Beta but not in the full game. I'm not sure what fixed it but I did update to the latest Catalyst beta and it seems to have disappeared now so maybe that was it.

Edit: Specs for reference
FX8320 @ 4.2ghz
R9 290 4GB
Latest Catalyst Beta
Everything maxed @ 1080p

Game is running off SSD.

JRW

My specs are
i5 3570k
GTX 680 4 gig
GeForce 337.50 Driver

My Evga GTX 480 SC gets away with Vsync / 60fps solid with everything maxed except for the Particle Quality setting. (1080p)

Be sure you're able to run the Storm Trooper track (cactus challenge) without slowdown before assuming all is good, I was able to get all the way there with *everything* maxed including particle quality but started seeing SNES style slow motion on this particular track. lowering particle quality to Normal fixed it.

I haven't had any stuttering or hitching problems, running the game off a 1TB 7200RPM Samsung F3 sata drive. (i7 920 @ 3.6ghz / 337.50 driver / Win 7)

mrklaw

MrArseFace

RJN is my PSN ID

So pit viper isn't automatically the best? Damn I hate uncertainty, much easier when I can fall back on my lack of skill

So roach for most tracks, but put viper when you need to be more nimble and bouncing between obstacles on hard tracks?

Lima

So pit viper isn't automatically the best? Damn I hate uncertainty, much easier when I can fall back on my lack of skill

So roach for most tracks, but put viper when you need to be more nimble and bouncing between obstacles on hard tracks?

Roach for beginner, easy and medium.

Pit Viper for hard and extreme.

It's always been like this. Is this your first trials game?

The_Dude

Frost Bite was my final level to complete and I did it on the Rabbit. Just couldn't get past the part after the second checkpoint, so I looked at some replays for help (it never helps, usually just makes me frustrated because I seem to be doing the exact same thing with different, terrible results) and saw someone beat it with 2 faults on the Rabbit. So I thought 'why not?' and it worked! Had about 110 times as many faults as that guy on the replay, though :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Roach has a higher top speed, so it's better for easier tracks where you can keep your speed high. Pit Viper is much more nimble, and can do things from a standstill that the Roach can only dream about. So that's the bike for the more difficult, technical tracks.

Zeth

such a pain in the ass.

I haven't completed the level yet lol. The thing is I remember some extreme obstacles in the previous games were similarly spirit-breaking but now I can consistently single digit fault all of them. So I hope I have some kind of break through where I can manage it consistently.

edit: got it first try after going back

elektrixx

Banned
i5 2500k
GTX 670 4GB
8GB RAM

Runs really well. It dropped frames a single time and I couldn't replicate it. As for a menus however, the bike selection screen takes ages to load.

Overdoziz

Banned
That hero pose is easily the most inconsistent trick in the game. It's quite amazing when my character decides to do a superman when I'm pushing the stick straight down. Fuck FMX.

JRW

i5 2500k
GTX 670 4GB
8GB RAM

Runs really well. It dropped frames a single time and I couldn't replicate it. As for a menus however, the bike selection screen takes ages to load.

Yea not sure whats going on there, the hard drive isn't doing anything during this long wait either, I guess its a bug.

Just finished the last hard track and saw the credits. Did someone say there was a surprise at the end of the credits? I didn't wait this time, but now I'm wondering if I missed something.

Tried a couple EXTREME tracks. Good god. Insane. I only ever finished a couple of them in Evolution.

Good writeup, I'm worried about XB1 it seems to suffer from an unforeseen bottleneck that hasn't been ironed out yet (if ever).

Like I said, the vast majority of the tracks run similar to how they are on the PS4. It was just a handful of them that had problems, so I actually think it's something they could fix in a future update.

Jrmint

Guys please help.

I keep staring at the icon of this game on my PS4 menu and cannot decide whether to buy it. I enjoy the demo but I struggled with the one medium course on the demo and I'm not sure if ill like the full game as a result. I never played a Trials before. Please help me decide.

Overdoziz

Banned
How does this game slack up to Trials Evolution? Wonder if it's worth downloading when I get a PS4.
If you like Trials you should get it, but as an overall package it's definitely step back from Evolution at launch. It has less Trials tracks, only a handful of skill games, no tournaments, no online multiplayer (yet), and the new FMX mode isn't all that great. I'm having a ton of fun with it and it still plays as great as before, but there's no denying that Evolution had more to offer content-wise.

Top Bottom